[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

08th MS Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is it me or does this show go to crap in the second half?
>>
>>14703046
It's you.
>>
>>14703046
It was crap in the 1st half too.
>>
>>14703046
Director change after the first one died.
>>
Still the best Gundam in terms of aesthetics and setting
>>
File: 2120118_orig.jpg (109KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
2120118_orig.jpg
109KB, 637x800px
>>14703130
I agree that the weapons were fucking cool as hell, but the ez8 is not the best in terms of aesthetic.
>>
>>14703130
Turn A says HI.
>>
>>14703106
I wouldn't say it was horrible in the first half, just a decent, well-made if kinda generic mecha drama. It was certainly serviceable.

Then comes the second-half with an extremely contrived romance episode (ep 7), random shifts in characterization (Ginias), and a protagonist whose motivation seems to change every episode (from being an idealistic soldier to a pacifist to a "I will fight for anime friendship!") All of these problems could be looked past if the writing didn't suck, but it does.

>>14703130
I admit the setting and aesthetics are great, but it's still all style and no substance.
>>
>>14703134
>ez8
Agreed. The second director really missed the point with the appeal of MP suits being the highlight of the show.
>>
>>14705947
>The second director really missed the point with the appeal of MP suits being the highlight of the show.
If that was ever the point then they wouldn't have had Gundams.

The reason for the EZ8 rebuild (and Karen's field repaired unit) was to differentiate them so it'd be easier to tell the units apart. Sanders has the stock RX-79, Karen has the RX-79 GM Head, and the commander has the specially rebuilt unit.
>>
>>14703184

Honestly it feels like the second director stuck with the universal Gundam playbook and ran it step-by-step.

You have overblown romance, extreme melodrama, mobile suit madness, the expert zeon ace pilot suffering a predictable fate, even a custom hero mobile suit, etc.
>>
>>14705983
>overblown romance
Mashed with his "broken couple" fetish that he later displays in Votoms' Shining Heresy.
>>
>>14703046
It's you.

Over all it's like a 4/5 at best, but it's pretty consistent through out.
>>
>>14705947
>If that was ever the point then they wouldn't have had Gundams.
But wasn't that the shock they were going for in the beginning, where a Gundam is used as more or less a grunt suit?

The fact they initially went for this direction leads me to believe that they geared the show towards the MSV kind of crowd who were also military otakus, used to seeing fighting units using the same hardware instead of "Team Gundam."
>>
>>14703046

No, its not just you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.