[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present The Bot of Bots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 8761484784225478.jpg (186KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
8761484784225478.jpg
186KB, 1280x718px
>>
>>14702880
Felt bad for Bombshell at the end. He made it so far from that wildcard and then didn't even put up a fight in the final.

Also felt bad because I had been hoping for Yeti vs. Minotaur.
>>
>>14702880
Bombshell was a wildcard which already lost a match so I don't feel bad for them at all. In fact, I find it quite impressive that they made it all the way to the finals on a wildcard.
>>
>>14702880
desu, I quite dislike Tombstone. While I'm sure that there was a shitload of engineering that went behind it, it just feels so boring. There's no pizzazz, it's just a box on wheels with a big spiny stick on the end.
>>
>>14702905
I really wanted to see Tombstone v Minotaur. Bombshell got lucky when Minotaur got stuck in something.
>>
>>14703601
The thing has a ridiculous amount tolerance. All of its parts can warp and bend to a ridiculous degree. You could have 20 other people try to take the basic design and try to recreate and they would be lost. It's engineering in it's most perfect forms. A machine built for a single purpose and does so with an extreme reliability.
>>
File: BETA_BB2016.jpg (40KB, 528x535px) Image search: [Google]
BETA_BB2016.jpg
40KB, 528x535px
>>14704946
Tombstone would've sent Minotaur flying.

It's amazing how the their toughest challenge this season was a first-time finalist hammerbot of all things.
>>
>>14704952
Couldn't you just push it into a corner?
>>
>>14702905
It was a pretty retarted strategy desu. The only reason it worked against cobalt is because they backed up slowly for some reason instead of bringing their much stronger spinner straight in and causing havoc right away.
>>
>>14704958
Like most drum spinners, minotaur spins upwards, acting like a sort of continuous flipper, so they would tend to stay on the ground in any horizontal on vertical smash. Just look at what happened to Son of Whyachi. Plus Minotaur have an excellent driver, whereas tombstone tends to be quite clumsy and sluggish. It would definitely be a fight to watch
>>
>>14706864

Son of Whyachi lost because of Newton's Laws. Every time a high-energy spinner hits something, they also put stress on their own chassis. A good bot that can tank the hits from the spinner will always give a spinnerbot trouble. That's why Son of Whyachi lost and why both Yeti and Beta disabled Tombstones blade.
>>
>>14707221
I meant when son of whyachi fought poison arrow and got launched into orbit. You need more than Newton's third law for that kind of air, and they spin horizontally anyway so their own recoil should be mostly limited to the ground plane.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.