[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I liked Frontier, would I enjoy this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19

File: macross-delta.jpg (126KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
macross-delta.jpg
126KB, 660x350px
If I liked Frontier, would I enjoy this
>>
>>14702646

It depends on what you liked in Frontier. Was it the love triangle, the character drama, the action scenes, the music etc?
>>
>>14702646
As someone who loved Frontier, no, you wouldn't like Delta.
>>
Don't do it. It's shit.
>>
>>14702646
I thought Frontier was okay, for the most part. Delta's a bit better.

As underwhelming as Frontier was, though, it's hard to find mecha finales that can stand up to its final episode.
>>
>>14702677
>As underwhelming as Frontier was, though, it's hard to find mecha finales that can stand up to its final episode.
Its not that hard considering it was just a spamfest. You're just easily impressed with shit
>>
>>14702692
I dunno, I kinda feel that mecha finales are generally handled very poorly. Even among series I like, there were a lot of finales that sucked.
>>
>>14702646

I liked Frontier and I dropped Delta at ep one.
>>
>>14702703
Yeah, most recent finales are shitty.
>>
>>14702646
>Frontier baby 1st macross
Start with SDF and follow the production orders retard
>>
>>14702703

God, that whole final arc of Guilty Crown was shiiiiiiit.

I was on board with it during the first season. I was even okay with it during the early parts of the second season, even though they were clearly going in a different direction now. But then Gai shows up and cuts off Shu's arm and literally everything after that is garbage. Its like it came time to write the ending, and they realized no one had any fucking idea what to do. And then one guy suggested "literally End of Evangelion? Like, not even attempting to hide it?" as a joke and the rest of the room thought it was the best idea ever.
>>
>>14702703

I think that's because a lot of mecha shows have fairly simple plots and try to spruce that up with a mysterious element, keeping a lot of the plot secret from the viewer and only hinting at it throughout the show to make things seem deeper than they really are. Which means you get tot he final two episodes, and then suddenly they have to tip their hand and you either realize that they had fucking nothing the whole time, or whatever fanfiction tier shit they have happens all at once as they explain it or the first time in a clusterfuck.

Its like they think what made Eva successful was Third Impact, so if they don't end with a mindfuck they did it wrong.

Unless, of course, they decide to just end the show with the good guy killing the bad guy in a final battle. Which is fine too, but its generally pretty formulaic as to how that plays out so while it can be satisfying its rarely exceptional.

I have only seen a couple of mecha shows that I can think of that end in a way that doesn't fall into one of the two above categories.
>>
>>14702703
>, I kinda feel that mecha finales are generally handled very poorly.
There's nothing unique about teh Frontier finale that's different from same Gundam SEED's final episode. If you've seen any dumb big budgeted Hollywood movie that's pretty much the equivalent.
>>14703031
>I think that's because a lot of mecha shows have fairly simple plots and try to spruce that up with a mysterious element, keeping a lot of the plot secret from the viewer and only hinting at it throughout the show to make things seem deeper than they really are. Which means you get tot he final two episodes, and then suddenly they have to tip their hand and you either realize that they had fucking nothing the whole time, or whatever fanfiction tier shit they have happens all at once as they explain it or the first time in a clusterfuck.
You just described Macross Frontier.
>>
>>14703064
>There's nothing unique about teh Frontier finale that's different from same Gundam SEED's final episode.

Gundam Seeds final battle was set to a medley of all of the music sung throughout the series combined into one epic track synched to the combat?
>>
>>14702703
>I kinda feel that mecha finales are generally handled very poorly.
GBF
MJP
M3
Thunderbolt
These all had good finales. Stop watching shit.
>>
>>14703075
Actually it is. It goes through most of the series tracks in the final episode. Though that's not necessarily unique for Frontier either,
>>
>>14703080

If only there was some way to peer into the future and know whether a show was going to have a shitty finale while it was still airing.
>>
>>14703080
Too bad you have to sit through the garbage that is the main body of those shows.
>>
Frontier TV or Movies?
>>
>>14703014
Gai out of fucking nowhere being zombie Judas fits in with the whole messianic theme of the show especially in its third act, but the running complaint I've always had with Guilty Crown is it's a game of tug of war between writers who spend more time trying to write their own personal vision of the show rather than collaborating on a single narrative.

Then again I've been hesitant to rewatch it and maybe it actually comes together better when binged, I'll tell you Noitamina's 11-per-cour scheduling did not help when the show didn't air for a week between episodes 11 and 12 despite 12 being the actual end of the first arc of the show.

The staff went on to form WIT and I've heard everyone who worked on it enjoyed their time, plus Egoist is still a thing, so it's more of a success than I'd like to give it credit for being, but yeah that endgame was rather wtf.

>>14702703
I would argue that they're not always handled poorly so much as the ending does not fit the demands of the audience.

If you watched Gasaraki while it aired and wanted it to be realistic and gritty through to the end you'd have lost your shit at the acid trip ending, I'm sure of it.

Flaccid ending syndrome is so rampant in videogames that it's an easy way to experience how it's all "conclusion is not what the consumer desired" rather than being garbage on a technical level.
>>
Well I can't say as I give a shit about Bogue or his dead sister, but I was happy with him this episode just because he cut off Freyja's singing when she was just being allowed to sing for the dead like it was the totally appropriate response. Mind you, it was immediately followed by Freyja and Mirage screaming about how they were really wrong about Wright and they just knew it and how dare they say otherwise.

Hayate's dad actually bombing Windermere and them just acting in response to that, even if using that zeal to make themselves just as bad or worse than the people they felt wronged them would actually be kind of interesting. Yea, it would mean that NUNs would have done a bad thing, but (a) it wouldn't be the first time and (b) I'm not bothered regardless. What annoys me is that this is all going to turn out to have been some giant conspiracy by a hidden faction who only really act in the last two episodes and wash all blame off everyone else. Frontier did the same thing with Grace and the Vajra, and it's just as stupid there.
>>
File: (You).jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
>>14703097
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (169KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
169KB, 1600x900px
>>14703127
Best finale
>>
File: 1469408216383.jpg (39KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469408216383.jpg
39KB, 500x281px
>>14703097
>A Frontier fag is saying this
>>
>>14703145
Nice try, shill.
>>
>>14703146
Like Frontier. All spectacle with no substance.
>>
>>14703140
Grace dindu nuffin only in the movies.
In the TV series she was murked along with the rest of the conspirators.
>>
Delta needs more SPICY moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcsM5eTJvw
>>
File: 1473092332981.jpg (258KB, 900x543px) Image search: [Google]
1473092332981.jpg
258KB, 900x543px
>>14703089
Easy
>Show is has Fukuda involved in the staff
>never pick it up
>>
>>14703182
>people pick it up anyway
>they praise it as being some sort of brilliant work of camp

why
>>
>>14703158

> She died in TV therefore she did nothing wrong
>>
>>14703182
Why people hate Cross Ange again?
>>
>>14703182
>Show has Okouchi writing it
>never pick it up
Its that easy
>>14703190
People are stupid. At least you're not like the idiots of ANN who think its a work of female empowerment
>>
>>14703194
>Terrible mecha designs and battles
>Awful characters
>Plot is a clusterfuck

Better question is why people like it...wait don't answer that I already know your response.
>Ange is a bitch and a female MC we've all been waiting for
Nah she's just a dumb cunt who gets what she wants in the end anyways because this is a Fukuda show and the MC always have to be right when they're wrong.
>>
>>14703196
>show has Okouchi writing it
>people get mad that the writing isn't enough of a shitheap

>show has Fukuda producing it
>people get hype at the show being a shitheap to end all shitheaps

If it's popular, people will more openly praise it, no matter why it's popular.
>>
File: Main.png (560KB, 650x421px) Image search: [Google]
Main.png
560KB, 650x421px
>>14703211
>show has Okouchi writing it
>people get mad that the writing isn't enough of a shitheap
That was literally only the case with this. Mainly because the show was dull as dirt
>>
>>14703225
It's more like everything he touches post-Geass, because all people can expect from him is Geass R2.
>>
>>14703233
Pretty sure people hate Guilty Crown and Valvarve all the same not because they weren't shitty enough or there wasn't a Lelouch-like character to self-insert into.
>>
>>14703237
Nah people ate up GC whenever trainwreck-looking material ate up (looking at you, shurerfags) and I can't begin to count all the times people bawwed about how Valvrave S2 wasn't like S1 or how L-Elf should've been the main character.
>>
>>14703247
*whenever trainwreck-looking material cropped up
Whoops, brain problems.
>>
>>14703247

People didn't want season two of Valvrave to be like season because they wanted a trainwreck, they wanted it to be like season one because season two was nothing but grimderp melodrama that was a chore to watch while season one balanced the melodrama with silliness so that it wasn't draining and dull.
>>
>>14703247
The only people who ate up the trainwreck parts were /a/ and their retarded Shuher threads, the first half was just as much hated as the last half if not more due to the bullshit ending. VVV I'll give you because they're people who legitimately enjoy the first season and hate the second.
>>
>>14703194
Because of hyper-autism and the need to hate everything to maintain a level of pretentiousness.
>>
>>14703282
To be fair only like 5 people cared about GC on /m/.

On /a/ there was also the whole Gai cucking Shu routine, shitposting about Souta (I mean ultimately he deserves the flak, fuck that guy, but it's still shitposting), and the occasional actual positive sentiment over the audiovisual spectacle of the show.

As much as QUALITY Shu with QUALITY jetlegs was a thing, people loved those void ribbons. There was definitely a bond that people had with the show as evidenced by the absolute revulsion brought about by the end... which also generated some Fateposting of its own at the time.

But honestly I think people were expecting it to tank because it was a high profile show where producers were on the record as saying they wanted it to be the next Ghost in the Shell or something to that extent. People were here to see stuff crash and burn, to a point where many would try and elevate Okouchi's role in the show to argue why it's a hot mess.
>>
>>14703326

I only watched GC earlier this year, so I missed the memes. I thought it was a bit weird but honestly fairly well handled for most of it. That sort of thing that's fun to sit through, and does some interesting stuff I hadn't seen before, but honestly doesn't stand up well to much critical thought.

But the deeper we got into season 2, the dumber things got. By the end, anything involving a void was just a full on wizard battle now and there wasn't even the illusion that there were some kind of rules for how voids were supposed to work anymore. Which was a problem, because the ending was just voids voids voids everywhere. Which meant that I couldn't depend on a consistent ruleset for anything that impacted the ending of the show, destroying anything resembling a suspension of disbelief.
>>
File: tumblr_lvi9c4Q7Qx1qcn8vro1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvi9c4Q7Qx1qcn8vro1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>14703326
Well I was talking about people outside 4chan. /a/ was the only place in which they can proudly proclaim they watched it ironically when the hype backlash proved devastating
>There was definitely a bond that people had with the show as evidenced by the absolute revulsion brought about by the end... which also generated some Fateposting of its own at the time.
You can say the same thing about VVV and A/Z. That it took people so long to realize they were watching a piece of shit and may endless posts on why it was so shit while shitposting with other people. Yet I see people remember GC more fondly than those shows even though they're part of the same Aniplex Trilogy of Shit.
>>
>>14703352
The rules were there, but what I think was poorly utilized was stuff like void fusion, or suggestions that the void genome manifests in ways that echo one's own void.

There was a lot of shit that wasn't explicitly explained, and one man's invitation to figure it out for themselves is another's plot hole and poor writing.

Voids were utilized in a show don't tell fashion when they really needed a good chunk of their nature and lore explicitly told beyond "Shu didn't fuck his sister, now everyone's souls are manifesting in the form of crystal growths that can defy the known laws of physics if properly extracted."
>>
File: infinite-ryvius-cast-wallpaper.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
infinite-ryvius-cast-wallpaper.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>>14703326
/m/ only had that faggot ECLIPSE making Ryvius references throughout the second half. If Guilty Crown did anything right it got people to watch it.
>>
>>14703397
VVV isn't part of the trilogy, aniplex's involvement was minimal compared to those two.

It's Sunrise's baby first and foremost.
>>
>>14703420
>aniplex's involvement was minimal
It was the main distributor. The big thing all those shows have in common is that they were backed by Aniplex to be the next big thing but failed spectacularly. VVV however winded up being a Sunrise property once Aniplex disowned it.
>>
>>14703439
Copyright was always Sunrise.
>>
>>14703447
http://www.valvrave.com/
>Aniplex
>>
>>14703460
>© SUNRISE/VVV Committee, MBS
>>
>>14703447
Sunrise isn't even a rights holder, its Bandai, they're just a studio that animates it.
>>
>>14703464
>Sunrise
Animation studio
>VVV Committee
The staff who worked on it
>MBS
The channel it aired it

If you're gonna blatantly ignore the fact that it leads to the Aniplex website due to your own lack of knowledge of copyright be my guess.
>>
>>14703477
Says the idiot who thinks a separate link to a distributor that's hidden off in the bottom of the page overrides the explicit copyright.

Aniplex has a copyright on Aldnoah, so why don't they have one on VVV? Because they are merely a distributor, hoping to profit on bootleg gendum.
>>
>>14703496
>hidden off in the bottom
>The SUNRISE title is below even that
>>
>>14703496
>so why don't they have one on VVV
Except they do. Sunrise was just the studio hired to animate it.
>>
>>14703194

Because it's not very good.

It's far from the worst show ever and Morosawa not writing it means it isn't a constant spam of failure and disapointment that GSD was, but it's still pretty bad.

It also proves that mostly of Seed's problems were just because Fukuda things shitty things are a good idea, and not because of budget issues like some people were willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Unless you're such a hardcore Nana Mizuki fanboy that her being a lead and hearing her talk is good enough for you, it's just really not that good.
>>
>>14703515
>Except they do
[citation needed]
>>
>>14703477

A link isn't the same as a mark of copyright. If a company's name isn't included in the actual copyright notice beside the © mark then they don't have a copyright on it. Aniplex only have link, not an inclusion as a copyright holder.
>>
>>14703525
The Nana Navy is that deluded, actually.
>>
>>14702646
It's fine but it's not nearly as good as Frontier was
>>
File: Seedop1.png (252KB, 563x423px) Image search: [Google]
Seedop1.png
252KB, 563x423px
>>14703542
>>14703531
So according to this retard Bandai doesn't own Gundam.
>>
>>14703496
>Because they are merely a distributor, hoping to profit on bootleg gendum.
Uh...if you distribute a property you own it by law. VVV was conceived through Aniplex and Sunrise was chosen to animate it, if it weas a Sunrise property it would have been distributed through Bandai since they distribute all their titles since they're apart of Bandai.
>>
>>14703576

They don't, they own Sunrise and Sunrise owns Gundam. Which gives them control of it indirectly. Unless you're suggesting Aniplex owns Sunrise or MLB then they don't own VVV.
>>
>>14703555
>Frontier
>good

Nice meme
>>
File: (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 554x460px
>>14703582
>They don't, they own Sunrise and Sunrise owns Gundam.
Alright this guy is up his ass. Don't even bother.
>>
>>14703584
Nigga, Frontier is the best Macross since SDF.
DYRL was meh, 7 was shit, Plus was shit, Zero was mega shit.
>>
>>14703582
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandai
>Since the 1980s, Bandai has become the leading toy company of Japan, and to this day, has the main toy licenses in Japan to popular properties including Daikaiju, Ultraman, Super Robot, Kamen Rider, the Super Sentai and Power Rangers series (which they took part in creating), Gundam and many others.
>Bandai Visual Co. Ltd., produces and distributes many popular anime and tokusatsu titles. These titles include Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Outlaw Star, Please Teacher!, Escaflowne, and the popular Gundam, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Super Sentai series.
You are now arguing with facts. Stop now before you make a bigger jackass of yourself.
>>
>>14703581
Sunrise isn't a part of Bandai, it's a subsidiary of Bandai Namco, a different legal entity. Bandai holds the license to distribute and produce merchandise for Gundam, and only held the latter for Valvrave with the model kits whereas Aniplex held license for the former.

Distribution is not ownership.
>>
>checking Sunrise official webpage
>VVV isn't listed
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/international/

Yet its listed on the Aniplex page
>>
>>14703605

> Bandai owns Sunrise
> But if Wikipedia implies they own Gundam directly then it must be right

When you bring some actual facts feel free to speak up. I also never said they didn't make Gundam toys by the way, only that they own Sunrise, not the Gundam licence. Sunrise owns that, and they own Sunrise, so they control it via Sunrise, but if someone else bought Sunrise they'd lose Gundam because Bandai don't own Gundam except through Sunrise.
>>
>>14703606
>Sunrise isn't a part of Bandai, it's a subsidiary of Bandai Namco, a different legal entity
Well you failed law school that or you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>14703606
>Bandai holds the license to distribute and produce merchandise for Gundam,
see
>>14703605
>Bandai Visual Co. Ltd., produces and distributes many popular anime and tokusatsu titles. These titles include Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Outlaw Star, Please Teacher!, Escaflowne, and the popular Gundam, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Super Sentai series.
>>
>>14703612
>>14703612
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/works/list/

>literally second row, second column

Stay stupid
>>
>>14703619
>Bandai and Bandai Namco are the same entity

You must be 18 or older to post on 4chan.

>>14703621
Yes that's literally what I said.
>>
>>14703584

It's you. You're the memester.
>>
>>14703616
Yep because a random anon on the internet knows more than cited facts.
>>
>>14703651
>citing "the free wiki that anyone can edit"
>>
>>14703623
>works list
Yes that's the list of works they animated not what they own
>>
>>14703628
>Bandai Visual is the same entity as Bandai

You must be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>14703665
Whoops, meant to quote >>14703605
>>
>>14703651

> Wikipedia
> Cited facts

You should probably check that there's any citation on something before saying there is. That page certainly has citations, but none saying they own Gundam.
>>
>OP makes a thread asking about Delta
>instead of shitposting about Delta it gets hijacked into a Valvrager containment thread

Please send for help, /m/!
>>
>>14703674
>implying /m/ isn't the Valvrager containment board
>>
>>14702646
I liked frontier and I couldn't even get past the pilot episode of delta
>>
>>14703737
Maybe you should give it another chance. The first episode does not speak for the entire tone of the show.
>>
File: 1471325766659.jpg (89KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1471325766659.jpg
89KB, 1024x576px
>>14702646
I really liked Frontier and I'm liking Delta so far, although I don't think it'll be better than Frontier
>>
I jizzed a little when they showed this in the Frontier Movies, I really to see the same thing happening in Delta, be it Windmemers vs NUNS+Elysion or Windmemers+Elysion vs NUNS.
Seriously, fuck NUNS, it's always their fault everything gets fucked.
>>
>>14705306
They really spoiled me with the whole final battle.
>>14704005
It's hard to top the movies for me personally, and hey! I found that exact frame, just lately I've been rewatching Frontier.
>>
>>14703182
Cross Ange had a surprisingly solid and satisfying, though predictable, finale. Like a train that leaves its destination, immediately goes off the rails, gets raped by another train, gets attacked by a dragon, travels between dimensions, and gets tickle-tortured by god, but somehow pulls into its destination station on time and with its passengers only mildly traumatized by their experience.
>>
File: 1469183471975.jpg (89KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469183471975.jpg
89KB, 371x371px
>>14705480
>Cross Ange had a surprisingly solid and satisfying, though predictable, finale.
This is what retards believe
>>
File: 8c6.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
8c6.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>14705480
>>
File: 1249985890950.jpg (572KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
1249985890950.jpg
572KB, 1024x830px
>>14703170
that scene always reminded me how good Alto had it. he was a hot shot fighter pilot flying the best planes in the galaxy being serenaded by the two hottest pop stars in the galaxy and the whole room was watching.
>>
>>14705480
>We're treated to a poorly animated and boring final fight still reusing the same animation from the first few episodes
>The "resolution" is hamfisted and contradictory given everything we've seen what had transpired
>Cue incredibly retarded montage of stupid shit
This is considered satisfying to people though I'm guessing they were still shell shocked over A/Z's horrid ending.
>>
File: TOP MEIDO.jpg (100KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
TOP MEIDO.jpg
100KB, 1364x768px
>>14705508
>>14705480
>/m/ when this and Tusk happened

Honestly it's more fun to watch Fukuda's wild ride then something competent but mild like Argevollen
>>
>>14705559
Won't argue with you there. Argevollen was more consistent and competently made but goddamn was it boring as shit.
>>
>>14702646
Delta has given me a much higher opinion of Frontier, because Delta makes Frontier look like a goddamn masterpiece.
>>
>>14705683
They're both the same shit.
>>
>>14705702
Frontier is not nearly as retarded as Delta.
>>
>>14705714
The TV series is.
>>
>>14703581
>Uh...if you distribute a property you own it by law
How ignorant some people can be? So ADV owns Evangelion because it was distributing it in US, right? No, they merely had license for distribution. Just like Bandai has distribution license for Gundam.
We had similar discussion recently in one of Macross threads (about Bandai and Macross IP) and it seems it's impossible to prove anything to some anons.
>>
>>14706613
Welcome to Valvrager's insane troll logic.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.