[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyber Newtypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1451838230101.png (243KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451838230101.png
243KB, 640x480px
If it's possible to alter ordinary human beings through surgery and cybernetic implants to posses psychic powers, then is it possible to create an entirely mechanical newtype; Essentially a newtype robot?
>>
>>14700887
they aren't cyber at all Tomino just picked a dumb name for the english version
they're all drugs and brainhypnobinaural beats and stuff
>>
File: Mac Tonight.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mac Tonight.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>14700887
>newtype robot?
I thin that'll be a pretty cool plot point in a future Gundam show, but I don't think that that's how it works. The newtype hypothesis stems from humans migrating into space. Cyber-newtypes are just people that have had the process accelerated on them through sci-fi magic. It's not the implants themselves that give them newtype powers.
>>
>>14700887
Newtypism is an expansion of the human consciousness/soul, so no. A robot doesn't have a soul. Sorry Haro.
>>
File: Kuroch058.jpg (47KB, 454x640px)
Kuroch058.jpg
47KB, 454x640px
>>14700898
Are you certain about that? Because being a cyber-newtype wasn't all mental, that's why certain experimental mobile suits like the Gaplant were designed around cyber newtypes and guys named Yazan, a typical unmodified person can't handle the g-forces of a suit like that. I think there were some other modifications somewhere
>>
>>14701023
If a human being of peak physical strength can handle it, then that means cyber newtypes don't need physical implants. it's just too difficult for average people to handle

also they've yet to actually ever tell us what sort of physical implants they have or what they look like, if they do have them
>>
>>14701023
Cyber newtype is a catch all term for enhanced pilot
Uma lightning is a cyber newtype but all his enhancements are is steroids to survive g-forces
>>
>>14701060

1st generation cyber newtype. Also wasn't he on mind altering drugs as well?
>>
>>14701070
He might have been on nootropics but he didnt have any newtype abilities whatsoever
>>
>>14701060
no, that would be "kyouka ningen", meaning enhanced human. doesn't necessarily have to do with newtypes
>>
>>14701092
So much like the Human+ in the AC universe then.
>>
>>14700887

define 'cyber'
>>
Aint Full Frontal technically a cyber newtype, seeing he is cyber and Char was a latent newtype.
>>
>>14701023
IIRC she (the character you posted) mentions that her lungs are enhanced.
>>
>>14700887
The closest you get is a homegrown brain in a metal shell that has been imprinted based on an actual newtype
>>
In Crossbone there are mobile suits that have bio brains implanted with Amuro's battle data which basically makes them newtype robots
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.