[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Zeon wank?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 31

File: December Sky.png (4MB, 1102x1564px) Image search: [Google]
December Sky.png
4MB, 1102x1564px
Is this Zeon wank?
>>
>>14700312
Nah, it's buddhist wank
>>
Zeon > Feddies

tbqh famalam
>>
If you take "this crazy asshole who doesn't really accomplish anything and is clearly not supposed to be heroic is on the Federation side" as Zeon wank, I guess?

Thunderbolt is pretty much just there, honestly. It looks pretty and is real intense. Doesn't really take any sides on an ideological front beyond "war is horrible".
>>
Both sides in Thunderbolt are total shit, from the Zeon brass who send people literally on their last legs to a piece of shit sector with no support and just use them as guinea pigs, to the Feddies who will send babbys into battle.
>>
File: 87565464754436656.gif (2MB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
87565464754436656.gif
2MB, 500x251px
>>14700312
>Is this Zeon wank?
I don't think so. There are quite a lot of parts
I thoroughly enjoyed in which Io is going around terrorizing zeeks in his murderbot.
>>
Why do faggots think anything where someone from Zeon is successful or displays any kind of courage or admiable qualities, or even is just not a total shitbag is "zeonwank?"

No, Thunderbolt is not zeonwank, both sides are shown as embroiled in a pointless conflict struggling to survive while the higher ups don't give two fucks about their lives. It's a "war is hell" story.
>>
>>14700439
>the Feddies who will send babbys into battle.

They were all of age and lawful combatants.

Remember that Amuro Ray was only 15 during OYW.
>>
>>14700462
and let's not forget zeon sending babbys too
>>
>>14700460
because it gets replies
>>
>>14700426
Exactly.
The point of Gundam is that no side is good.
>>
Do you consider Unicorn to be "Zeon wank"?
>>
>>14700478

People actually do bitches often about Unicorn being zeonwank even though it has elite ops tacticool Jestas and ECOAS Jegans and that Byarlant dunking on a whole zeek squad
>>
File: Atlas_01.jpg (190KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_01.jpg
190KB, 851x1200px
when will we see it smack the psycho zaku?
>>
File: 1367226125043.jpg (146KB, 344x325px) Image search: [Google]
1367226125043.jpg
146KB, 344x325px
>>14700485
>that Byarlant dunking on a whole zeek squad

Best part of the whole series.
>>
Zeon are the victims.
>>
>>14700473
No. just stop with the bullshit already.

Zeon were clearly the bad guys from the start, it's only been recently that they've been painted in a different light to try and make them more sympathetic. However it's hard to do so when Tomino clearly wrote them as war criminal scumbags from the beginning.

They launched an aggressive war of conquest and exterminaiton. Caused the deaths of billions of people, committed atrocities left and right. Gassed entire colonies, dropped said colonies on major population centers of Earth turning them into big ass craters.

Zeeks were fucking trash. The Feds should've genocided them and saved the world all the subsequent headache.
>>
Zeon's cause is just, it simply got hijacked by assholes that only seeked personla wealth and power. Quite tragic really..
>>
>>14700312
absolutely
>>
>>14700312
The only part that I'd call Zeon wank is the comical inability of 30+ GMs and Guncannons to defeat like five at most mobile suits, even with the justification that they're poorly trained. They can't even beat the Dom, only disable it.
>>
>>14700490
Fuck, that thing is disgusting.
>>
>>14700523
Zeon stopped being anything but that the moment the Zabis attached themselves to the cause, and the cause wouldn't have made much progress without them.
>>
>>14700533
i like it
>>
>>14700473
Bullshit. Literally every UC Gundam entry has the antagonist faction being led by Space Hitler or some equally genocidal equivalent. Just because those factions have a handful of good people in their ranks doesn't change the fact that tby the end of those series, said factions need to be stopped for the good of humanity.
>>
>>14700537
If we go by Origin's take on Zeon Zum Deikun being a raving lunatic, then there was never anything good about the movement to begin with.
>>
The only series that successfully managed to portray Zeon in a sympathetic light was 08th MS Team.
>>
>>14700460
insecure fedshits.

very much like Americans, if you ask me.

Thunderbolt is the Vietnam War.
>>
>>14700562
Since Origin is now officially high canon, then you are practically correct in your statement.
>>
>>14700567
>Thunderbolt is the Vietnam War.

Thunderbolt takes place during OYW which the Feds won, dummy.
>>
>>14700478
>>14700485
Unicorn retcons UC history so hat everything bad in UC leading up to the OYW and beyond was really the fault of an Evil Feddie Conspiracy stealing away 'MUH SPACENOIDS POSSIBILITY'. It's literally Zeon Historical Revisionism: the Anime.
>>
>>14700567
>vietnam war
wow, thats some mental gymnastics
>>
Why are some people so triggered by the idea that maybe Zeon isn't entirely bad?
>>
>>14700612
Because they killed half of humanity and refuse to give it a fucking break for a minute.

Nobody has a problem with individuals being fine, but trying to act like the cause if righteous is completely incorrect.
>>
>>14700637
it's okay when Titans do it.

Fucking Feddie apologists make me sick
>>
>>14700649
please refer to
>>14700555
>>
>>14700555
>Hitler
>genocidal

Pick one.
>>
Who cares if it panders to the zeekfags, the kits are fukken awesome
>>
>>14700649
The Titans are worse because their only sympathetic members immediately defected and the Titans generally showed the maturity and complexity of a saturday morning villain crossed with a high school bully.
>>
>>14700649
And the Titans sre never portrayed as anything other than power hungry shitheads. They don't get whole OVAs, novels, mangas and games dedicated to portraying them as poor, misunderstood freedom fighters or retconning UC history to say that they were in the right and justified all along. You know who gets all that? Zeon.
>>
File: zeetah-18.jpg (710KB, 3039x2140px) Image search: [Google]
zeetah-18.jpg
710KB, 3039x2140px
>>14700649
>it's okay when Titans do it.
Who says this?
Most feddies are aeufags and the few titansfags (like myself) only exist because of the color scheme and relatively cool mobile designs.
>>
File: Poe's law is in effect.png (5KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
Poe's law is in effect.png
5KB, 201x199px
>This thread
>>
>>14700467
Crossbone Vanguard sends monkeys in Zaku tho.
>>
>>14700724
you mean those fuckers experimented on animals and forced them into war?
>>
>>14700649
ZZ, CCA, 0096, and late-UC proved that the Titans were right all along.
>>
The titans would have stopped the zeon remnants/neo-zeon/zanscare/Jupiter

the AEU is responsible for the deaths of millions for defeating them
>>
>>14700766
AEUG dindu nuffin kamille is a good girl
>>
>>14700766
>the AEU
Patrick was an evil genius the entire time?
>>
File: 465481654357654.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
465481654357654.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>14700841
>Patrick was an evil genius the entire time?

Why else would he be fraternizing with his commanding officer and be getting away with it?
>>
>>14700498
Does anybody have the gif with Kobe's face on the Byarlant?
>>
File: MPSeTSq.gif (3MB, 320x183px) Image search: [Google]
MPSeTSq.gif
3MB, 320x183px
>>14701028
I got you, sucka.
>>
>>14700490
I like it but I feel like it's missing some bulk. Maybe shoulder pads?
>>
>>14700510
This. The fact that the Japanese identify themselves more with Zeon was a hiccup, not a thing wanted by Tomino.
>>
zeek pandering started because gotta sell them toys bitch nigga
>>
>>14701115
I always bought their Mobil suit kits regardless of their role. Zeon suits are cool. Make them now good because otherwise they do not sell it seems ... a bit 'weird.
>>
>>14701109
It's a sign of how far contemporary Gundam has drifted from the messages he wanted to make. Just look at the irony of Unicorn being some thinly veiled railing about the evils of Article 9 while at the same time Tomino was lampooning the ones who want to scrap it as war mongering idiots in G Reco.
>>
>>14701148
I used to think monoeyes were the best, but 0080 and 0083 have convinced me that Jims and Gundams are superior

Look at the fucking BEAST and ignore the fact that it's technically a Zeon suit
>>
>>14701167

forgot the fucking pic
might pick up an Alex next time I binge buy gunpla
>>
>>14701167
The Monoeye was a special case. It was thank to the Titans, with their technology, that the Monoeye was completed. If it was just the work of Zeon, it would never have been so powerful.
>>
>>14700739
More like "Garma saw some chimps playing vidya, thought it'd be amusing to see if they could be trained to pilot mobile suits, reallocated some funds to make it happen, got killed, and people forgot about his project until someone found it, decades later."
>>
>>14700426
>"this crazy asshole who doesn't really accomplish anything and is clearly not supposed to be heroic is on the Federation side"
He destroys the entire leftovers of their fleet after and cripples their main flagship in preparation for capture.

Io was a fucking beast. Actually, him and Darryl seemed like they were taking turns out doing each other the entire time.

>>14700604
>Evil Feddie Conspiracy stealing away 'MUH SPACENOIDS POSSIBILITY'
This has been a fucking thing since Zeta was airing, you clown. Unicorn just (over)contextualized it and said that it's the fault of a bunch of old far right neocons from a century ago.

If anything, Unicorn makes the Federation seem more of a slave to the status quo established and maintained by the Vist family than naturally afraid of newtypes themselves.

I swear, sometimes I think /m/ doesn't actually watch Gundam and just parrots the opinion of a vocal minority on an imageboard of fuckwits...
>>
>>14700657
>literally ordered the deaths of millions of 'undesirable' races and peoples
>not genocide
And here I thought I'd have to wait for Black_Nazi to show up and be King Retard; sadly he's just reduced to spamming memes >>14700716
>>
>>14701361
Zeta was the start of the whole Zeon Revisionism bullshit anyway. "THE TEETONS ARE HOLDING THIS RETARD'S PARENTS HOSTAGE TO GET STOLEN PROPERTY BACK? LITERALLY WORSE THAN ANYTHING ZEON DID"

No, totally fucking serious. Henken (a former feddie, of all things; he must have been in a coma in '79) says this in ep 3.

That's just one example among many, but it's a glaring beacon of stupidity that set the tone early on for things to come.
>>
File: Zeta_Something_Zeon_would_do.png (533KB, 940x970px) Image search: [Google]
Zeta_Something_Zeon_would_do.png
533KB, 940x970px
>>14701386
Hey, at least Zeta bothered acknowledging that Zeon gassed colonies, unlike Unicorn with it's 'Did you know that Zeon is the Light of Hope for all Spacenoids?' nonsense.
>>
>>14700478
Despite the fact that Unicorn ends with the last heir to the Zabi name calling bullshit on the Zeon revival movement and stating that the box does not legitimize the actions of the Principality, people insist it's zeekwank
>>
>>14701361
>Taking the words of Char, a known liar and ideologue, seriously

I bet you also think that Char never betrayed anyone in his life, too. I also like how the Evil Feddies feared Newtypes so much that they removed 'Muh Newtype Possibility' from their draft constitution decades before the Newtype theory even existed.

> Unicorn just (over)contextualized it and said that it's the fault of a bunch of old far right neocons from a century ago.

Ah so you agree that the Laplace Box is a cheap device to shift the blame of everything bad in UC, including the One Year War, away from Zeon and completely onto the Federation too!
>>
>>14701526
>Taking the words of an unstable cyber newtype and broken used good seriously.
>Ignore that Zeon being mentioned for starting the war and dropping colony on earth in the whole show.
>>
>>14701626
>Ignoring how not once it's brought up how Zeon gassed colonies or blew up whole Sides
>Ignoring how instead we're reminded once every episode how Zeon is the only one fighting for Spacenoid Freedom and how the Spacenoids all love them
>Ignoring how Full Frontal's Co-Prosperity Sphere plan can only work if Spacenoids all love Zeon and forget about that time Zeon gassed colonies and blew up whole Sides
>Ignoring how the Laplace Box completely justifies and legitimises Zeon's cause.
>>
>>14701675
Jeez, are you ever going to let go of that whole gassing colonies thing?
>>
>>14701675
>Ignoring how instead we're reminded once every episode how Zeon is the only one fighting for Spacenoid Freedom and how the Spacenoids all love them
Screenshot please, and don't forget the part where Banagher calling out their bullshit right after that.
>>
>>14701693
>gassing colonies
Colony, actually. I don't know where this "colonies" came from.

Fuck, the Titans gassed more colonies than Zeon. Zeon was more about just blowing them to smithereens with Musais.
>>
Just accept it.
Wars rarely have "good" sides. The fact that you are in a war means something went very wrong with each party.
>>
>>14701589
>Taking the words of Char, a known liar and ideologue, seriously
The events of Zeta show him to be 100% right about the Federation being scared shitless of Newtypes, though. Or did you miss the part where Amuro basically lives under constant supervision?

>>14701589
>Ah so you agree that the Laplace Box is a cheap device to shift the blame of everything bad in UC, including the One Year War, away from Zeon and completely onto the Federation too!
More like just a cheap device to contextualize the Federation fear of newtypes into something more politically tangible, since it always seemed like such a forced aspect of the lore to begin with.

It was clumsy as fuck but the idea that it shifts the blame of the OYW from Zeon to the Federation is a meme made up by numbskulls on /m/.

>>14701675
>Ignoring how not once it's brought up how Zeon gassed colonies or blew up whole Sides.
A. The only colony they gassed was iffish. The rest were shot to pieces or hit with a nuke.

B. We're at Batman's parents levels of redundant visual reiterations of Zeon's war crimes. Banagher calls Zeon out on their bullshit verbally. That's all we really need.

Zeon talking about awesome Zeon is. Stop the fucking presses.

>>Ignoring how Full Frontal's Co-Prosperity Sphere plan can only work if Spacenoids all love Zeon and forget about that time Zeon gassed colonies and blew up whole Sides
The Republic of Zeon and the Principality are two very different things, and if CCA is any indication, distaste for the Federation is widespread enough that such an idea MIGHT actually work over a long period of time, which is what Frontal was aiming for.

The Co-Prosperity Sphere doesn't rely on the Zeon movement, it relies on the fact that the RoZ is the ONLY officially independent state at that time.
>>
>>14701675
Zeon is still right and the end of the day. Humanity in UC might not be one meteor away from extinction like we are in real life, but they are clearly trapped in a stagnant bureaucracy which was like "too many poor people" "i know space them in big tube" "Okay now stay there for ever please". Saturn Uranus and Neptune are all utterly untouched, the belt has sort of been mined a bit i guess?
Point is
>Muh gassing, muh blew up the sides
So what? Do you know how many people died during the french revolution? and how an imperialist dwarf came to power in the aftermath and nearly took over Europe before a coalition of nations kicked his shit in. Did that mean that democracy was a stupid idea too? Let's face it some ideas are so beneficial to society that even a failed bloody war and a return to corrupt old ways can't downplay that fact.
>>
>>14701713
>Colony, actually. I don't know where this "colonies" came from.
>expecting /m/ to have actual familiarity with Gundam backstory outside of the english wikia.

You have only yourself to blame, famalam.
>>
>>14701713
The original setting notes,Tomino novelisation and numerous information and sourcebooks. Also, depending if you consider Origin as canon and depending on how they adapt, then Zeon gassed at least 2 colonies (Iffish and Shiro's colony) since the gassing of Iffish as depicted in the manga is at odds with Shiro's flashback.
>>
>>14701783
>Iffish and Shiro's colony
In gihren's greed, Iffish IS Shiro's colony
>>
>>14701694
Banana agrees with most everything Frontal says. The only thing he disagrees with is that killing is bad.
>>
>>14701799
>game
>canon

Pick one.
>>
File: jion-14.jpg (716KB, 1894x3182px) Image search: [Google]
jion-14.jpg
716KB, 1894x3182px
>>14701783
>The original setting notes
The original setting notes also said that Zeon dropped multiple colonies, and the sources that echo the multiple gassings claim are Entertainment Bible (which should always be taken with truckloads of salt) and english sources that take from EB.

>>14701799
Also this.
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16197
>The only colony gassing we've actually seen in the animation is the one involving Shiro Amada, and the 08th MS Team director went on to do a spinoff manga indicating that this colony was the same one used in Operation British. In Gundam The Origin, this colony is in fact the only one where gas is used, because the Zeons need it intact; if Shiro's flashback is indeed in this same colony, then the same may apply in the 08th MS Team example.
>>
>>14701811
What part of 'since the gassing of Iffish as depicted in the manga is at odds with Shiro's flashback' did you fail to understand?
>>
Zaku II>any clown gundam
>>
>>14701814
Origin's also an alternate retelling/soft reboot to begin with. Conflicts are kind of expected.

The fact remains that there is nothing that indicates Zeon gassed more than one colony. That's not only old info that was outdated since Gundam Century in the 80's, but it's also the idea that Zeon gassed more than one colony is retarded since it's a terribly impractical way to destroy a population when you can easily pull it off much quicker with a few musais with far less risk of the operation failing. The only reason Zeon would gas a colony instead of destroying it is because they need it intact (likely for a drop.) There's just no reason to, otherwise
>>
>>14701734
>B. We're at Batman's parents levels of redundant visual reiterations of Zeon's war crimes.

Because Unicorn is all about legitimizing Zeon's cause and painting Zeon as Misunderstood Spacenoid Freedom Fighters. The fact that not once are Zeon's not insignificant atrocities against fellow Spacenoids brought up shows that the narrative is intentionally skewed towards Zeon. It's the same with those once an episode monologues about how awesome and noble Zeon's cause is while the best thing that characters can say about the Federation is 'It's there, I guess.'

>It was clumsy as fuck but the idea that it shifts the blame of the OYW from Zeon to the Federation is a meme made up by numbskulls on /m/.
>Introduce a retcon about how an Evil Federation Conspiracy tampered with the UC constitution
>Have characters like Cardeas and Syam drone on about lost and stolen POSSIBILITY
>Somehow we aren't meant to infer that the Evil Federation Conspiracy tampering with POSSIBILITY isn't the reason for all the tragedies of UC.
>>
Unicorn might be zeek wank but most Gundam fans consider it to be shit, feddies have that I guess.
>>
>>14701850
>painting Zeon as Misunderstood Spacenoid Freedom Fighters
>When Zimmerman turn a blind eye on Torrington massacre to let them loose some steam.
>When a crazy fucboy like Angelo shot his friendly suits and said that they're just a warmonger who only can live on battlefield.
>>
>>14701850
Which is why Mineva does an entire speech in Zeon regalia telling everyone why Zeon did everything wrong and the Box conspiracy legitimizes nothing and only fuels unnecessary fear and violence all because of the word "newtype."
>>
>>14701164

Or Gundam SEED.
>>
>>14701850
>Have characters like Cardeas and Syam drone on about lost and stolen POSSIBILITY
I remember them droning on about how Syam was responsible for UC being such a shithole. Don't remember shit about them blaming the Federation.

They don't even blame George Marcenas; they just acknowledge that he's a cunt.
>>
>>14701850
>while the best thing that characters can say about the Federation is 'It's there, I guess.'
That's been the attitude about the Federation in every Gundam series.

Actually, come to think of it, Unicorn is the ONLY series that ever implied the Federation was a necessary institution.
>>
>>14701825
What about the Colony Laser? How did they come about the empty colony for that?
>>
File: Cimapiloting.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cimapiloting.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
>>14701958
Why don't you ask Ms. Cima?
>>
Aint it funny has most 'ZeonWank' advocates are Americans who literally suffered the same treatment from the British Empire.
>>
>>14701958
I don't know if Origin presents a different scenario but the colony laser was a former Side 3 colony that had it's population cleared out (non-lethally) and refitted into a superweapon.

As >>14702017 points out, it was Cima's home colony, which just helped fuel her hatred for Zeon.
>>
>>14702021
Yeah, American grievances with Britain were so deep and rooted in such horrible atrocities that the two countries went back to friendly terms almost immediately after independence.
>>
>>14702021
That might have something to do with the fact that America is more or less the new British empire, as well as the fact that the are so fucking mentally deficient that they cannot distinguish between fictional events and the real world, which is why they talk about the One Week Battle like it's something that actually fucking happened
>>
>>14701958
In the original series they just relocated everyone that was living in a relatively empty colony (15,000 residents according to the narrator)
>>
>>14700527

They can't even see that guy, man. They did kill him in the end, too.

It's like 30 guys charging towards a fortified position, out through the open. Obviously they'll be cut down in a hail of gunfire, when the enemy knows where you are.
>>
>>14702021
It's curious since they are now the oppresors.
>>
>>14702583
Most of them are SJWs as well, who are oppressors too.
>>
Origins is the biggest Zeekwank, prove me wrong.
>>
>>14702676
really depends on how you look at it.

On one hand, it makes the Zabis somewhat complex, occasionally sympathetic characters. On the other hand, it makes the majority of them goofy clowns.

It also puts more of an emphasis on the Deikun loyalists and their beef with the Zabi-loyalist nutjobs.

Origin makes Zeon out to be more complex, but not necessarily better, than MSG does
>>
>>14701559

It's a lot of the small things, really. Like Marida going "No, no, Zeon's the light of HOPE for people who live in space."

Or Zimmerman's backstory being "See? See? They raped and killed my family. THE FEDERATION IS JUST AS BAD AS ZEON."

Like, you can't get around the Colony Drop as an act of supreme evil. There's no way around it. It's like if someone fucked a dog, all of his later achievements are moot in light of the fact that he fucked a dog.

Or the Muslim girl getting a sympathetic backstory even as she went on a rampage of mass-murder. Or the remnants being depicted as heroically fighting one-last-time, when it's an ISIS cell shooting people in Paris.

There's no equivalence here, man. Zeon was way, way worse. (Also, blaming everything on the Jews was just tasteless. The House of Vist is basically the Jewish Conspiracy.)

Like, Banagher is actually listening to these people and giving their views serious consideration. Your everyman would laugh in their faces and give them the finger.
>>
>>14702768
>Or the remnants being depicted as heroically fighting one-last-time, when it's an ISIS cell shooting people in Paris.

Yes, this part made me smile too, but at least it's realistic. In the sense that these kind people really believe that they are fighting for an heroic ideal. Unicorn is quite balanced in showing qualities and contradictions of both sides.

Thunderbolt shows certainly more sympathy for Zeon.
>>
>>14702916
The sympathy is more for the soldiers and their conditions rather than their cause or politics, on both sides.
>>
File: zeeks.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zeeks.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14700312
Feddies BTFO
>>
>>14702925
That´s what I don´t get.
Psycho Zaku doesn´t seem any more agile or fast in its reflexes than the regular Zakus I and II and Doms.
Any true show of advantage seem to be its speed and armament and those have nothing to do with its limbs.
>>
>>14702923
yes, true, but have you noticed that among the Living Deads there is not even a negative character? They are all brave and mentally balanced, despite being tired, dirty almost defeated. The evil bastards are their faceless superiors.

Federation soldiers are often depicted in a more pathetic and cowardly way, at last in the first part.
>>
>>14702957
There was the guy that got shot in the head.
He seemed like an annoying person to be around.
>>
>>14702957
The counterpart to the Living Dead I thought were the children, where they were innocent and fresh compared to the tired veterans who were really fucked up. Besides, you could see that the leaders of both sides were really incompetent or sadistic.
>>
File: 1472698933445.png (38KB, 195x193px) Image search: [Google]
1472698933445.png
38KB, 195x193px
>>14700555

So why has nobody stopped the Earth Federation?
>>
>>14702987
The have the flagship MS that is more likely to be a hit with model buyers.
That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>14702957
Daryl has this sorta unsettling career soldier aura around him.

I don't think I can root for a guy who totally agrees with the idea of lopping off their limbs so that they can fight to their full potential as long as they utilize a very special control interface and are otherwise stuck with peg legs and claw hands. It makes sense for a career soldier to value their fighting potential, but to jump on something with poor longterm prospects so enthusiastically, that actually unsettles me.
>>
>>14702987
Because when everything is tallied, the Feds commit far less and severe atrocities which makes them the de facto good guys.
>>
>>14702987
Federation has always been the lesser evil. When it became the greater evil, the name was Titans ... and those have been stoped.
>>
>>14703000
Daryl is a sympathetic hypocrite. Too stupid and naive to realize what he has become. It's also a bit 'his blessing.

I don't liked how in the Anime they cut the dialogue between him and Io. Derly has always felt himself somehow superior, but when he can finally talks to Io in the cell... this one remind him that he too is a murderess, and he has even given up his body to better kill. It's the moment where he finally realizes his hypocrisy.
>>
>>14702987
The Earth Federation government is run by terrible people, but the military, which has Londo Bell and all these other groups, are filled and commanded by decent people. Zeon on the other hand has leaders who are terrible but people who can be good.
>>
File: snapshot_dvd_Kai.jpg (73KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_dvd_Kai.jpg
73KB, 720x480px
>>14702987
Because outside of the Titans (who WERE stopped), the Federation has never been as murder happy as the Spacenoid antagonist factions, nor are they led by the crazy genocidal warmongers that make up the leadershi of your average Spacenoid nation. But then you'd know that if you weren't a filthy Zeek lover.

Also dirty pool for using a Kai reaction image when Kai rightfully knew that Zeon are human trash.
>>
>>14700682
>They don't get whole OVAs, novels, mangas and games dedicated to portraying them as poor, misunderstood freedom fighters

Blame the hacks that keep milking the one year war and the faggots that eat it up every time

>or retconning UC history to say that they were in the right and justified all along

This never happened even a single time, retard
>>
>>14701675
>Ignoring how not once it's brought up how Zeon gassed colonies or blew up whole Sides
Because everyone already knows this you stupid mong
>>
Zeonwank is a meme that really needs to be snuffed out of the /m/ collective conscious.

A lot of what's gone wrong with this board can be traced back to the unquestioning acceptance of a bold-faced lie in Unicorn being zeekwank.
>>
>>14702768
>Or the remnants being depicted as heroically fighting one-last-time, when it's an ISIS cell shooting people in Paris.

How was it shown as heroic, you stupid retard?
>>
>>14700490
Is this thing a rush job?

I feel like this gundam completely misses the point of having Gundarium armor if it's not gonna be plated in it's vital spots.
>>
>>14703159
>This never happened even a single time, retard

That's what the Laplace Box IS, retard.
>>
>>14703278
>"I wasnt paying attention"

fixed it for you
>>
>>14703038

>I don't liked how in the Anime they cut the dialogue between him and Io

They added that bit back in the December Sky cut along with how he struggled to pilot a Gelgoog in A Bao A Qu (and almost got killed) since it only has conventional controls
>>
File: 1422895162877.png (457KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422895162877.png
457KB, 1280x720px
>>14703122
>the Federation has never been as murder happy as the Spacenoid antagonist factions, nor are they led by the crazy genocidal warmongers that make up the leadershi of your average Spacenoid nation.
Nah, they're lead by incompetent clowns that enable said spacenoid warmongers because a catastrophe on Earth means less mouths the feed.

Nobody really likes Zeon, but the idea that anybody should love the Federation because they are the "Lesser evil" is unbelievably cuckworthy.
>>
File: 1417920297609.jpg (139KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1417920297609.jpg
139KB, 500x522px
>>14703278
I always found it weird that morons on /m/ say that Laplace's Box was meant to justify Zeon when in the OVA all they talk about was Syam being a greedy bastard and Deikun foolishly pushing his space ubermensch theory that lead to the state of UC.

Laplace's box is Newtype Wank. At least get it right if you want to shitpost.
>>
>>14701878
Mineva can say whatever the fuck she wants. It still doesn't change the fact that Unicorn introduces an Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy then goes on to DIRECTLY STATE that the actions of said Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy is the reason why UC is so fucked up. It can't be seen as anything other than a way to lay blame on the evils of UC squarely on the Fedration's shoulders and completely transforms the historical narrative, turning Zeon from the instigators into 'tragic victims of history'. Now it's no longer 'Gihren Zabi killed off half of humanity', it's 'If only the Evil Federation hadn't stolen away POSSIBILITY then Gihren Zabi wouldn't have been in a position to kill off half of humanity'.
>>
>>14703468
>Mineva can say whatever the fuck she wants. It still doesn't change the fact that Unicorn introduces an Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy then goes on to DIRECTLY STATE that the actions of said Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy is the reason why UC is so fucked up
No it doesn't. see>>14703440
>>
File: 1468674993653.jpg (19KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1468674993653.jpg
19KB, 500x374px
>>14703468
>Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy
They don't need a conspiracy to be Evil Jews. That's kind of been their thing since 1985.

The only thing I've taken away from Unicorn is that that they're still Evil Jews but it's not their fault.
>>
File: 33.jpg (1MB, 1971x2800px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
1MB, 1971x2800px
>>14703254
It's basically a test bed for reverse engineered modular limb design from Zeon amphibious mobile suits. It's the UC equivalent of all those weird post-WW2 airplane prototypes that the US came up with
>>
>>14703493
It's been their thing since 1978. Literally the only Feds worth a damn in 0079 were Revoil and Wakkain to a lesser extent.
>>
File: 35.jpg (1MB, 1961x2806px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
1MB, 1961x2806px
>>14703497
it is also a ball at heart
>>
File: Susanowoo-Flag-Head.png (380KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
Susanowoo-Flag-Head.png
380KB, 704x400px
>>14703505
The titular mech of Thunderbolt was really a ball all along!
>>
>it's a "retards mistake earthnoid elite for the Federation" thread

Forget Valvrager, we've been under the thumb of Boxrager for way too long.
>>
File: jegan-kun.jpg (50KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
jegan-kun.jpg
50KB, 600x338px
>>14703493

>>14703468 has no idea what he's talking about. I actually dislike Unicorn for the fact that it took all the evil jewness of the Federation and threw it all on Anaheim Electronics.

That's not the Federation Tomino portrayed in his works. Martha Vist is the worst thing to happen to Gundam lore.

That said, I did like the way it portrayed Feddie grunts. My lord, dat Jegan.
>>
File: page223.jpg (365KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page223.jpg
365KB, 847x1200px
>>14703521
You could call it Thunderball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0x7QiJI1g
>>
>>14701850
Put your trip on, trash.
>>
>>14700490
I want to see a psycho zaku mkII beating the crap out of ball arms gundam.
>>
>>14703528
The Marcenas family was still in there for that evil corrupt Feddie factor.
>>
>>14704322
Georges aside, they seemed more like reluctant slaves to the conspiracy than in genuine support of it.

For all the shit people give Unicorn for portraying the Federation in a bad light, it's honestly the best the feds have been portrayed in years.
>>
>>14704761
Georges wasn't in support of it, either; he's the one that fucked up and enabled it in the first place.
>>
>>14703212

What, Lonnie's brother heroically fighting against overwhelming odds, and the nasty mean Tri-Stars who won't even let him set off a nuclear explosion to kill everyone?
>>
>>14702957
All the soldiers in both factions were portrayed as good. Feddies had all the babbys and blue haired guy.
>>
>>14702957
>Federation soldiers are often depicted in a more pathetic and cowardly way

Which side is the one fielding snipers?

No one thinks highly of a sniper. They're the assholes of the battlefield.
>>
>>14705401

They have to snipe because they're an undermanned force of cripples.
>>
>>14705404
Pragmatism is just another word for cowardice.
>>
from what i gather, everything is Zeon wank, according to /m/.
>>
>>14705420
And that is fine, Zeon is the best.
>>
>>14705426
Yeah, the best at genociding.
>>
>>14705449
You really are clinging on to that huh?
>>
>>14704761
>For all the shit people give Unicorn for portraying the Federation in a bad light, it's honestly the best the feds have been portrayed in years.

This. Unicorn was the only series in recent memory to actually portray the Federation as a complex government institution filled with political maneuvering and conflicts of interests rather than just either

A. Generic protagonist military

or

B. Cartoonishly corrupt.

Even the Earth Elite that the series has built up to be these self-indulgent politicians actually turned out to be complex individuals with their own baggage and feelings of remorse for the state of affairs.
>>
>>14705401

>GM Sniper II had the highest kill count of the OYW

wew
>>
>>14705477
I thought I heard it was a zeek who wasn't Johnny Ridden.
>>
>>14703468
>Unicorn introduces an Evil FeddieJew Conspiracy

More like Evil VistJew Conspiracy you dumb retard
>>
So does Unicorn affect anything at all in UC as a whole? After rewatching it through the TV series it really feels like the whole show serves no point at all.
>>
>>14705549

If you removed Unicorn entirely nothing would change.
>>
>>14704817
The fact the he was fighting against overwhelming odds doesnt mean its heroic.

>and the nasty mean Tri-Stars who won't even let him set off a nuclear explosion to kill everyone?
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>14705549
Does Thunderbolt affect anything at all in UC as a whole?
Does 8th MS Team affect anything at all in UC as a whole?
It doesnt need a point to exist
>>
>>14705551
It's pretty lame how they talk so much about the box and how it'll change UC and it ends up doing jack.
>>
>>14700490
After lots of rape.
>>
>>14705560

Unicorn was literally the most generic Gundam protagonist of all time flying around in a suit that was so powerful it did everything for him doing a scavenger hunt that led him back to where he started in order to get a slab that was 100 years too late to change anything so he could time travel until his opponent just gave up on life and then reject godhood to watch his girlfriend give a speech that inspired nobody.
>>
>>14705554

Isn't that the best kind of side stories though? Just completely independent and not affecting the main plot in any significant way and making a mess.
>>
>>14705572

They really fucking hyped up that box though.
>>
>>14705401
>No one thinks highly of a sniper. They're the assholes of the battlefield.

I know that yours is sarcasm, i think...but I never understood this kind of idea about honorable war. In war they using air strikes to destroy strategic points where the enemies are positioned to have tactical advantages.
Mortars to shoot down a large number of enemies. ecc ecc. It's honorable?

Even in medieval wars, the rich samurai / knight had the horse and a good armor, the poorest infantryman was on foot and had less equipment. Those who could, have always tried to have an advantage over the enemy.
>>
>>14701559
Unicorn uses an incredibly simplistic moral system: Zeon is bad because they started the war. No other reason given, just because they started the war and the Sleeves are pushing war, and war is bad.

The only bad things Zeon ever did according to Unicorn was drop one colony and start the war. Other than that they're morally clean saviors fighting for the rights of all spacenoids who in return love and support them universally.
>>
>>14705635
>Other than that they're morally clean saviors fighting for the rights of all spacenoids who in return love and support them universally.

Stop this fucking meme. Both Frontal and Mineva say that Zeon was in the wrong. Well, Frontal says the Zabis were in the wrong, but you get my point
>>
>>14705635
Found the retard.
>>
>>14705642
The zabis are not Zeon.
>>
>>14705670
>led the Principality of Zeon
>were responsible for making Zeon an allegory for the Third Reich
>because of their actions every time an Earthnoid thinks of Zeon they think of psychos dropping colonies on their home planet who want nothing more than the absolute subjugation of Earth while lying through their teeth that it's totally about spacenoid independence
>>
>>14705642
Frontal's entire Co-Prosperity Sphere plan relies on all Spacenoids seeing Zeon as the Light of Hope and everyone from Mineva to lowly ECOAS grunts believe it will work.
>>
>>14705679
>completely ignores the subtext between rival Zeon factions through the entire series
If you were paying attention you'd have noticed that Deikunists and Zabi loyalists have been at each other's throats since before the war. Everyone completely ignored that part of Unicrumb, too. Palau was full of Deikunists while frontal let the loyalist remnants kill themselves off on the ground so they wouldn't get in the way of him being a literal Deikun expy.
>>
Brief summary of the Laplace conspiracy.

Terrorism wasn't real. Space Wizards 0068. French art.
>>
>>14705685
Actually, as the show spells out to the viewer, it relies on enough spacenoids being stupid fucks who can't foresee how the reversal in relationship between Earthnoids and Spacenoids will just fuel another war and perpetuate the cycle of violence that has suppressed the Universal Century's future of possibility.
>>
>>14704817
>nasty mean Tri Stars

look at you falling over yourself trying to editorialize. the tri stars are depicted the entire time as just being normal guys. they show women and children being vaporized during the attack. you're not supposed to sympathize with them except to lament how pointless the whole thing is. it's the last march of these vets that have been broken by their need for revenge . the only thing glorious about it is as a spectator, we get to see mech porn.

the guy who tries to Zaku Seppuku with his rifle rifle literally says "DON'T BECOME LIKE US", I dunno how much clearer you want it
>>
>>14705685
>all Spacenoids seeing Zeon as the Light of Hope and everyone from Mineva to lowly ECOAS grunts believe it will work.

Keep in mind that the reason Frontal needed the box was time. If he had the box, he would have all the time in the world to convince/force all Sides to cooperate.
Not to mention that it is very likely that there are still spacenoid angry at the federation for the Titans (like we see in CCA)
>>
>>14705710
Im amazed every time I see /m/ complain about how the antagonists in IBO are cartoony bad guys, only to then act like any show that doesnt portray every single Zeon soldier as a raging psychopath is zeekwank
>>
>>14705723
Let's be real here, it's a culmination of things.

Zeon units getting to be glorious on the field of battle, they have the super true and righteous honorable soldier, slaughtering Feddies left and right, the hero holding out for the Zeon characters even though they've been killing civilians, the director later saying that it was a federal holiday to lower the body count to make it seem less bad that they attacked Dakar and Torrington.

It's all about presentation.

The reason people got attached to Kobe Byarlant is because for whatever reason the Unicorn team decided only one Feddie soldier was allowed to be competent after Zeon effortlessly mowed down an entire military base.

We don't even really get to see Zeon actually lose either, we're pretty much told they lose once the Tri Stars show up to mop up one named character.

So, much like every Gundam series, the Feddies win but we're not allowed to see them win leaving a disconnect between the visuals and the end result.
>>
>>14705713
The Titans would give reason for spacenoids to just trust no one, considering Zeon has a few colony casualty incidents under their belt.

Civvies getting vaporized in the crossfire makes for incredibly bad PR.

Seriously you gotta feel bad for spacenoid civilians who are just caught up between bullshit on all sides.
>>
>>14705723
the antagonists in IBO can't even measure up to "raging psychopath"
>>
>>14705746

What about the ECOAS Jegans 360noscoping zeeks? What about that Stark Jegan fucker who nearly took Marida out even though she was piloting a far more advanced machine?
>>
>>14705750
Ein though.
>>
>>14705755
Shh, you are making too much sense.
These people want to further paint the victims in a bad light by saying they themselvs are the victims.
>>
>>14705758
yeah, and do you remember how hyped /m/ was for that?

and then it turned out to be total BS where despite all the implied deaths and "fatal" cockpit blows, he didn't kill anyone and didn't accomplish a damn thing other than being a so-so season 1 boss fight
>>
>>14705755
You have to post things that actually happened.

Stark Jegan had a flashy fight but he didn't even damage Marida's unit.

ECOAS Jegans literally did nothing except become Neo-Zeong fodder and get saved by Banagher.
>>
>>14705746
>the hero holding out for the Zeon characters even though they've been killing civilians
He literally left the ship to stop the killings, dummy

>the director later saying that it was a federal holiday to lower the body count to make it seem less bad that they attacked Dakar and Torrington.
That was just an excuse to animate less people dying

>The reason people got attached to Kobe Byarlant is because for whatever reason the Unicorn team decided only one Feddie soldier was allowed to be competent after Zeon effortlessly mowed down an entire military base.
Only because they caught them by surprise. As soon as the feddies got their shit together the zeeks had no way of winning, and its not like it takes a genius to figure that out (which is why we arent shown how every single zeek is defeated in that battle)
>>
>>14705770
Irrelevant, dude was a psycho. Lived as he died, too; a total bitchboi clinging to his Crank daki.

>>14705750 should've said "raging psychopath with double digit killcounts" or something to that effect instead.

Also we've been over this plenty of times, no corpse means no guarantee of death.
>>
>>14705775
>ECOAS Jegan did nothing
Except glass some poor sucker with a space molotov.
>>
>>14705746
Don't forget the utter one-sided bullshit that was the General Revil battle. A badass warship named after the Federation's best commander and it's entire Mobile Suit complement get emasculated by a couple of literal Zeon faggots.
>>
>>14705610
He's mixing up grunt logic with audience logic because he's autistic. Grunts hate snipers because they're literally terrorized by them. The audience thinks snipers are hella badass, they're basically the most "nothing personnel kid" role a soldier character can have, so the idea that we're not supposed to sympathize with the Living Dead is rclearly bullshit
>>
>>14705790

Because the General Revil was basically ceremonial and the people on there were scrubs with no combat experience given prestige positions.

They were like Carta Issue and crew in IBO.
>>
>>14705804
>Because the General Revil was basically ceremonial and the people on there were scrubs with no combat experience given prestige positions.

[Citation needed] Because there is literally nothing to indicate that in the anime.
>>
>>14705790

Brit speaking, in WWII we had battleships named after members of our royal family and admirals of repute, and their outstanding contributions amounted to getting fucked up by the Bismarck at the Denmark Strait and being bombed by the Japs.

Names mean nothing.
>>
>>14705812
other than the fact that the rezels and jegans often stood still while firing or charged in one by one in very obvious and easily countered fashions?

and that the ship itself had clean lines of fire in non-minovsky jamming conditions on the nahel argama and garancieres which were unaware of the GR until the very last moment but all of their shots missed anyway?

it's as sad as all of those ankshas doing absolutely jacksquat and getting shot down by the weapons turrets on the garancieres, you'd think one of them would go around to the ship's blind spots that the turret can't cover and unload some beams on it and call it a day, but no..
>>
>>14705820
in-universe they're supposed to be feddy elites stocked with the best equipment, their jegans and rezels are a cut above even what londo bell gets, and londo bell gets the latest shit ahead of the regular federation forces
>>
>>14705803
>He's mixing up grunt logic with audience logic because he's autistic.

Says the autist who thinks sitting in one spot and pressing a button every time a light flashes is badass.
>>
>>14705820
Should've named more of your ships Enterprise.

Maybe you'd have as much luck as CV-6 did.
>>
>>14705833
No, in universe they are feddie """elite""", not the best pilots. As in fucking rich kids exactly like Marcenas with no combat hours.
>>
>>14705826
>other than the fact that the rezels and jegans often stood still while firing or charged in one by one in very obvious and easily countered fashions?

That means nothing. That's how everyone is shown fighting in Unicorn, from the grunts at Torrington to the elite Londo Bell and ECOAS forces in Episode 7.
>>
>>14705855
Again, Citation Fucking Needed. Because as far as I can see, that's just the headcanon from a bunch of Unicornfags to defend the SEED level bullshit that went on in that entire battle.
>>
>>14705859
why would claiming that the best elites fight exactly the same way that the lowest grunts do be an acceptable answer?
>>
>>14705546
Vist didn't blow up Laplace or delete Newtype POSSIBILITY from the UC Charter, you retard. That was the Evil Feddie Conspiracy. Vist and the Jews of Anaheim just used that to blackmail the Evil Feddies for megabucks.
>>
I wonder what Tomino feels about all of this.
>>
>>14705900
He don't give a damn.
>>
>>14705899
I dont get why the fact that the Federation being corrupt triggers you so much. Its not like the feddies not being 100% good changes the fact that Zeon isnt either.
You turboautismos are the cancer killing /m/
>>
>>14705950
you dumb nigger he just corrected someone who tried to claim it was all vist's doing by telling him the feds were responsible for it and you're claiming that corrupt feds trigger him?
>>
>>14705746
You're just pissed off there wasn't quite enough GMs doing well for your liking. The Zeeks are clearly shown taking casualties as the battle turns against them. It sounds like you're just mad that it was mostly due to Byarlant and the Tri Stars instead of more mooks. Boo hoo dude.
>>
>>14705899
It was an Earthnoid conspiracy you Giren apologist.
>>
>>14705860
ECOAS exists.
>>
I'd like the Zeon more if more of them actually owed up to their own atrocities.

Instead they're in perpetual denial mode.

Gato in particular was insufferable for his hypocrisy.
>>
>>14706008

I don't know if you realize this but Gato was supposed to be a fanatic.
>>
>>14706008
Is a colony drop really worse than a life of oppresion?
>>
A part of me wants to see genuine Zeonwank. Like literal "zeon did nothing wrong" where it goes against everything Tomino believed in and is used in allegory as a justification of Imperial Japan's existence.
>>
>>14706143
there's the legend of galactic heroes shin matsunaga MSV-R manga

right off in the first chapter it invents new federation atrocities during the battle of loum and although it shows operation british in motion, they don't bother to show how it ended because even the zeeks found that distasteful enough to ignore
>>
File: atlas4.jpg (457KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
atlas4.jpg
457KB, 1694x1200px
>>14700490
This thing grew on me once I saw it in the manga
>>
File: cubix.jpg (62KB, 462x630px) Image search: [Google]
cubix.jpg
62KB, 462x630px
>>14706744
I just realized it touches upon a robot design I've liked ever since I saw Cubix all those years ago. I should probably give that a rewatch, as mediocre or worse as I'm sure it actually is.
>>
>>14705685
Did you not see Char's Counterattack? Modern Colonial sentiment toward earth is so bad that they'd more than likely jump on his Co-Prosperity bandwagon at the drop of a hat.

Although the plan doesn't rely on Spacenoids loving the Zeon cause (which they don't) it relies on the fact that the Republic of Zeon is the only officially independent nation state and thus the only party capable of the political maneuvering needed for the plan to work, and the reason Frontal wanted the box was to take the Vists' place in blackmailing the Feds, using it to buy time for the Co-prosperity plan to work. It has NOTHING to do with the "Zeon cause" or whatever. In fact, Frontal barely cares about Zeon or their plight; everything about the Co-Prosperity sphere plan relied on colonial discontent with the current status quo and the fact that Earth relies on them for resources.
>>
>>14706832
I will tell you right here and now DO NOT rewatch Cubix, I say this to save you
>>
>>14706957
>Did you not see Char's Counterattack?

Except even Char wasn't able to unite all the colonies. His support is primarily in Sweetwater, which is shown to have their own reasons for not liking the Federation. Yes there is talk of protests or riots breaking out in support of Char, but the ones saying this are mostly out of touch Federation officials and we never see any of these riots or protests occur even when the Side Garrison fleets deploy to stop Axis.

>everything about the Co-Prosperity sphere plan relied on colonial discontent with the current status quo and the fact that Earth relies on them for resources.

What really irritates me about the Co-prosperity Sphere plan is that the only criticism of it is 'ZOMG, this will totally work and turn the tables on the Earth but lead to another war!' No one points out how the plan could be just as economically devastating to the Sides as it is to the Earth. Let's say that Side 1 primarily exports food to the Earth. Under the plan, then they won't trade with Earth anymore, so who's going to buy their shit, especially if the other Sides are self sufficient in terms of food? They'll have to restructure their economy and industry to produce shit that they can trade with the other Sides, and the other Sides will probably need to do that too, all of which will require capital. Who the fuck is going to pay for that shit? Is the Republic of Zeon somehow going to finance the economic restructuring of 4 Sides?
>>
I have a question, what sub group should I look for to watch Thunderbolt? Because I checked Nyaa and couldn't find too much.
>>
>>14707162
The dub
>>
>>14707167
Is the dub actually good or are you messing with me? If it's the former then where do I find it?
>>
>>14707103
>we never see any of these riots or protests occur even when the Side Garrison fleets deploy to stop Axis.

We saw fanatics stopping the bombardment of Luna II at the expense of their own lives, IIRC. They even screamed "Hail Neo Zeon!"
>>
>>14707174
I believe the official gundaminfo YouTube channel has thunderbolt on it for free as well as small handful of other Gundam series. It's how I watched build fighters, reconguista, a little bit of the SEED hd remasters and iron blooded orphans
>>
>>14707162
I watched the eps subbed by DeadFish

>>14707174
he's either messing with you or he's like 12 years old and can't tell what a good dub is yet. the thunderbolt dub is literally fandub tier, one of the worst i've ever seen.

IMO Thunderbolt is a pretty tight work because it's so short yet high budget. It's worth seeing what was originally intended in terms of the voice acting
>>
>>14707385
Yeah, but a handful fanatics does not equal the general Spacenoid population. Those guys were the Spacenoid equivalent of some crazy ISIS fucks in a European country who decide to shoot up a church or nightclub or something.
>>
>>14707395
All that seems to be there is the Build Fighters stuff, the Unicorn series, Gunpla guides, an SD series and PVs for stuff like Origin and Thunderbolt. Hell Thunderbolt isn't even on Bandai's anime streaming service like Origin is.
>>
>>14707618
I'll check out the DF subs then, I was worried they might not have been great but they're also all that seems to be available for all four episodes.
>>
>>14707385
That was 5th Luna, but yeah.

>>14707646
You're pushing aside pretty telling evidence of spacenoid discontent and admiration for Char to push an argument that that goes against what we've been told and shown for years in Gundam's fiction. Fanaticism like that doesn't come from nowhere; it's fostered in a society from an extreme version of a common sentiment within that society. The idea that the colonies are totally okay with the Federation and unanimously detest everything having to do with Zeon is a load of fanfiction made up/repeated by people like you on /m/. Spacenoid distaste for Zeon extends to the Zabi family and the principality for obvious, but don't forget how popular Deikun was not only in his own colony, but also his (admittedly wacky) ideals among the general spacenoid population.

If someone comes along proposing an idea that would cut the Federation's stagnant hold over them non-violently, there is no reason to believe that the colonies wouldn't agree to it.
>>
>>14705987
> GMs win the war
> never get to kill anything on screen
> yet somehow win the war
>>
It's jazz wank.
>>
>>14709238
It's more vocal pop wank really
>>
>>14700498
Thank you for this.
>>
File: 349634967.jpg (219KB, 1764x1000px) Image search: [Google]
349634967.jpg
219KB, 1764x1000px
>>14708034
>> never get to kill anything on screen

But that's wrong.
>>
>>14700490
>Starving African gundam
>>
>>14700527
To be fair, they were all being piloted by 13 year old cadets
>>
>It's Zeonwank if one highly experienced veteran sniper manages to kill a densely packed group of literal children who have never seen combat before flying directly at him with no knowledge of him being there or where he is
>Even if they kill him in the end through sheer zerging and the most basic application of tactics
>It's still Zeonwank

By /m/'s standards the only way something can be "not Zeonwank" is if zeeks are just standing around being dunked on by one Feddie pilot who wipes the hydraulic blood off his beam katana afterwards.
>>
>>14703505
Atlas is the true B-Gundam

>>14703528
>took all the evil jewness of the Federation and threw it all on Anaheim Electronics.
Anon, AE is literally space Lockheed Martin, they have been selling to both sides of any given conflict since 0084 at the earliest, FFS all the MS used in CCA with the possible exclusion of Sazabi are AE products.
>>
>>14712330
0083, the Gerbera Tetra is the canned GP04 Gerbera.
>>
>>14708034

The T34 was instrumental in the Soviet Union's defeat of Nazi Germany, but it still suffered terrible losses.
>>
>>14712080

At this point the only thing that isn't Zeonwank to the rabid shitposters are series that don't include Zeon.
>>
>>14705770
The worst fucking thing about is there was a parody image made the week before about how those two had totally survived and it actually came true. Fucking IBO.
>>
>>14712367
That wasn't a sale, that was Zeonic/Zimmad personnel going "Hey, use this to kill some feddies".
>>
File: Full armor unicorn.jpg (3MB, 3749x3297px) Image search: [Google]
Full armor unicorn.jpg
3MB, 3749x3297px
>>14712330
>Anon, AE is literally space Lockheed Martin, they have been selling to both sides of any given conflict since 0084 at the earliest

That's not what I meant. One of the things that always made the Federation and Zeon fascinating to me is that both sides were more or less correct about the other; the EFSF were mostly well-meaning, good soldiers that very corrently view Zeon as dangerous maniacs responsible for death on a massive scale, and the Zeon view the EFSF as pawns of a government that's directly responsible for the stagnation of humanity through their neglect and disinterest.

Gundam Unicorn took the blatantly self indulgent nature of the Earth Federation Government and instead made them out to be an innocent victim of their previous administrations and the Vist family's exploit of a past crime they had nothing to do with, when Gundam has always made out Feddie politicians to be incompetent at best and disinterested, heartless assholes at worst. As >>14704761 pointed out, Unicorn actually portrays the Federation in a surprisingly sympathetic, positive light, as opposed to the State equivalent of Scrooge McDuck that Tomino always portrayed them as. That doesn't sit well with me; it kind of ruins the synergy between the Federation and Zeon that makes their conflict a fascinating one.

People accusing Unicorn of Zeonwank are objectively idiots. Like, they should sincerely be ignored by rule of this board. Unicorn is the exact opposite; it takes the Federation's fear and distrust of spacenoids and thrusts that baggage onto some century-old event that even the characters in the show acknowledge is irrelevant to anyone with a brain. It's no longer some paranoid effort of the older generation to cling to power and instead a curse on them left over from an even older generation. Now THEY'RE the victims.

At least it gave us both side's grunts actually performing competently. We rarely get that in a gundam show.
>>
>>14712534
I dunno, it adds that dimension to the Federation, but at the same time I don't think it makes the shadier and power-grabby facets of the Titans any less a thing.

And the core of Unicorn's thesis is that one of the worst things to have happened to the UC was the spiral of violence between Earthnoids and Spacenoids centered around or giving rise to some incarnation of Zeon. That the Titans existed in any form within any context means that the Federation still actively damned humanity's future to one without possibility. They brought the baggage to their own time and took ownership of it, rather than leaving it back at year zero where it should've belonged.
>>
>>14700312
why is the zeon captain in the left, that do shows up in like 2 scenes!!!!
>>
>>14701096
>outfuckingskilled.gif
>>
>>14713207

Who else are they going to have? That selfish doctor that nobody liked? Some other zeek jobber that contributed nothing to the plot?
>>
You'd think an ex colony like Murrica would simpathize with Zeon more.
>>
>>14713234

The worst we ever did to Shitain was kill some of their generals in warfare.

Zeon enacted an extinction-level event.
>>
>>14700567
OYW is WWIII in space you autist
>>
>>14713223
That guy who shot claudia seemed pretty based
>>
>>14713234
We didn't wipe out half of britain when we wanted independence
>>
>>14713711
Can't. It's zeeks on left, Feds on right in case you haven't noticed.
>>
>>14714320
What about the brown guy with white hair?
He seemed pretty based.
>>
should I watch the Original episodes or December's Sky?
>>
>>14715412
There is no difference other than December Sky having an epilogue. So watch that.
>>
>>14700527
They sent retard kids out in the middle of nowhere to act as a diversion while the FA Gundam wiped out the Duchy of John fleet.

>>14702944
The Psycho Reuse device is a pleb version of Psycommu that allows users to control suits as if they were an extension of their body.

>>14700485
Unicorn is Zeonwank, but only because of shitty writing. No Gundam writer has been able to write a difficult political situation without making whole parties retardedly evil, incompetent, or self destructive.

Real Zeonwank is something like that Acguy Bros. manga.

>>14700510
The Zeons were always the bad guy, but they were portrayed with subtlety (especially in 0079), and mechafags are too retarded to get nuance.
>>
File: Gundamep42g.jpg (83KB, 898x668px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep42g.jpg
83KB, 898x668px
Bump

Are we being slid by the Feddies
WE WILL NOT SINK HERE
>>
i kinda like the branch off uc of thunderbolt mor then the actual uc. i hope when they go back to space that they upgrade the atlus to be a hybrid of the FA-78
>>
>>14720777

Yeah, I agree. UC is basically the same shit over and over again with stupider jewtype bullshit each iteration.
>>
>>14720800
i just hope
>muh cripple compatible psycho reuse

doesnt become the new type. hell id be happy if they dropped the psycho shot after the psycho zaku vs atlas fight. the i mostly like the feddie engineering in this canon. if the moore brotherhood and other feddie group keeping pumping heavy remixes of older gundams and other designs like the atlas come out. id be happy
>>
>>14720800
Then why bother with Gundam?
>>
>>14713234
The yanks never struck out against the other colonies.
>>
>>14720838

At this point I'm only really into Gundam for the gunpla. If you judge the shows by entertainment value outside of the framework of a Gundam series then a lot of them are unimpressive.
>>
>>14720838
not him, but you can still like gundam without like muh nu types. new type shit didnt really get annoying (for me at least) till char's counter attack. the idea of reimagining a uc without a focus on new types is appeal to some people.
>>
>>14720843
Surely there was some fucking with Canada during the Revolutionary War?
>>
>>14720848
Just friendly banter until they burned down the White House desu.
>>
>>14721304
That was during the War of 1812.
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.