[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never see Gothicmade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: 1472834761043.jpg (3MB, 2480x3504px) Image search: [Google]
1472834761043.jpg
3MB, 2480x3504px
>You will never see Gothicmade
>>
Well nothing I can do about it unless I mount an assault on Nagano's non-Euclidean mobile fortress in the Gobi desert in order to steal the master copy.
>>
File: c0022683_4c3b2cca72583.jpg (229KB, 864x1119px) Image search: [Google]
c0022683_4c3b2cca72583.jpg
229KB, 864x1119px
>>14700132
Iktf

Doesn't look like we'll ever see decent scans of the newest FSS chapters again either.
>>
File: F.S.S. Designs 4 -127.jpg (984KB, 1000x1491px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S. Designs 4 -127.jpg
984KB, 1000x1491px
>>14700132
I like Nagano but hot damn his business practices (or lack of) have always been his worst enemy.
>>
>>14700132
>Wanting to watch a shitty Miyazaki bootleg flash animation

I'll never understand you faggots.
>>
>>14700132
Gotta wait until Nagano finishes redoing it for 4k televisions and Atmos Surround Sound and manually burns each copy onto specially made bluray discs set into specially made cases with specially designed inserts and cover.

All of them also made by his hands.
>>
>>14700488
I'll never understand this bait.
>>
File: 3-fates.jpg (581KB, 1048x1245px) Image search: [Google]
3-fates.jpg
581KB, 1048x1245px
>>14700488
>>14701086
Bait aside, Nagano's designs have gotten more and more Ghibli-like over time, especially his character designs. Remove the noodle proportions and I would entrust him with doing all the designs for that Nausicaa reboot that will never happen.
>>
I dont even care if it's bad, I just want to see it to say I did.
>>
>>14700132
movie doesn't deserve to be seen anyway
>>
File: meeth.jpg (151KB, 360x720px) Image search: [Google]
meeth.jpg
151KB, 360x720px
>>14705047
Nah, he just draws people better than before. Especially faces. His style and all its noodle glory is still the same
>>
why is it not able to be seen?

Is it barred from being exported? Is it locked away in a vault?

Is it a lost movie?
>>
>>14708058
Currently, it has only been shown in theaters in Japan, and has no home release. Nagano's being super autistic about it.
>>
The 90s movie was probably better desu
>>
File: led_bust.jpg (187KB, 733x667px) Image search: [Google]
led_bust.jpg
187KB, 733x667px
>>14708058
You know those in-theater IMAX movies that they show at museums only for many years? Gothicmade is pretty much that. It had practically zero promotion in Japan outside of occasionally showing up in Newtype magazine and a couple online trailers. Nagano basically just made it for himself and his wife, and his producers put it in their magazine just so some of his fans knew it existed. It was a no-risk project, so Nagano can do whatever the fuck he wants with it unfortunately.

If you know anything about how Garage Kits in Japan are distributed, with very few being made and some occasional reprints every couple of years if you're lucky and sold only at certain hobby events at insanely high prices, you would know that Gothicmade follows that same "model"- not surprising considering Garage kits make up 99% of the merchandise for FSS. Nagano is someone who hates mass production to a ridiculous degree. Unfortunately, unlike Garage kits, which can be reprinted by Chinese companies and sold at a much lower price years after the original, the same cannot be done for in-theater only movies.
>>
>>14708088
It always bugged me, how exactly does one can make a feature length animated film while trying at all costs to avoid it from making its money back?
Does Nagano just happen to have a ton of money he can burn with vanity projects like that? Is he Japan's Tommy Wiseau or something?
>>
File: gtm-storyboards.jpg (159KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
gtm-storyboards.jpg
159KB, 355x500px
>>14708095
>It always bugged me, how exactly does one can make a feature length animated film while trying at all costs to avoid it from making its money back?

Gothicmade was just Nagano and 3 of his animator friends drawing every single frame of the movie over the course of six years. To think it had any sort of serious budget or committee behind it is laughable. Essentially, it's just a doujin movie. Of course, that doesn't mean it's badly or cheaply made, just look at similar types of works with few animators like Little Witch Academia.

I would really love to see what Nagano could do with a huge-ass budget and team of skilled animators like what Makoto Shinkai had for his new movie, but doing that sort of thing probably goes against everything Nagano believes in because of its commercialized nature.
>>
>>14708109
He sounds like the kind of guy who lives in a commune only eating what he planted himself.
>>
File: he crushed this off-camera.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
he crushed this off-camera.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
>>14708124
It's a result of all those years being burned by Banrise's production committee while working at Sunrise with Gundam. Doesn't help that Tomino, his mentor, hates production committees to a degree on par with Miyazaki and had a strong influence on Nagano's way of thinking.
>>
File: meeth-01.jpg (40KB, 481x730px) Image search: [Google]
meeth-01.jpg
40KB, 481x730px
>>14705704
"Over time" is the key phrase, the oldest version of Meeth looks quite different than the newer ones you posted.
>>
>>14708088
If nothing else, I think his artistic integrity is worth respecting. He takes it too fucking far, but considering how terrible the current anime industry is, I can't really blame him.
>>
File: 31.jpg (1MB, 2480x3504px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
1MB, 2480x3504px
>>14708088
>Nagano basically just made it for himself and his wife

He made it to present his new Gothicmade designs. It's basically just an animated version of one of his artbooks. It was never intended to work as a movie or lure in new fans, just update current fans to the new setting, terminology, and designs. Hence the complete lack of advertising.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.