[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After War Gundam X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Witz.Sou.full.409886.jpg (351KB, 1000x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Witz.Sou.full.409886.jpg
351KB, 1000x1349px
This was pretty a good Gundam show.
What did you like about it?
Did you like the mecha?
What about the characters?
The ost?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (60KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
60KB, 240x400px
>>14696584
I didn't like Airmaster, it's g-bit is much better.
>>
My personal favorite au, I think it just has one of the best Gundam casts ever.
>>
>>14696584

I really like the Leopard, (and also the Leopard Da Vinci, but that's Build Fighters), but what I liked the most was the different take on Newtypes, and how the series wrapped up in the end.
>>
>>14696589
Are the G-Bits in X just straight MP Gundams?
>>
>>14696601
Same here. I loved everyone in the cast. The only weak point for me was the Frost Brothers, but I guess them just being a couple of petty assholes was the point.

>>14696584
X-Divider was my favorite Gundam. Favorite grunt was the Neo Daughtress.
>>
>>14696620
They don't have the Lunar Titanium armor (which is a beam resistant material in X), but aside from that they're pretty much MP Gundams, yes.
>>
>>14696601
Which character is you personal favorite anon?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (59KB, 223x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
59KB, 223x400px
>>14696620
Sort of, the details of the designs do differ significantly though.
>>
File: 1433725434854.png (470KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
1433725434854.png
470KB, 1000x768px
>>14696601
I agree.
>>
My favorite AU as well. I love the characters and the mecha designs, I didn't dislike any MS at all. The OST is kinda lackluster though, but there are some good tracks there like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3dZM5aff0
https://youtu.be/dIguxTooyK4?t=1m
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklTQKUYHiE

I don't even have to mention the openings, those are god tier among Gundam openings also WHEN YOU FIND LOVE IN YOUR HEART...
>>
>>14696636
>Favorite grunt was the Neo Daughtress.
My brother.
>>
>>14696664
I actually think it's one of the better OST's. It helped that the composer did that one Phoenix movie. The whole thing felt very moody and atmospheric. Nothing was quite epic, but it fit for me. Its one of those scores I have a hard time seperating from the show. SEED's for instance, is great, but I can mentally forget SEED exists while listening to it. X's OST is just so perfect.
>>
I think it's pretty overrated, you can almost tell the exact moment they found out the show was cancelled
>>
>>14696748
that's when they had to rush the ending arc
>>
File: 2462.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2462.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>14696584
Reading through Under the Moonlight, the Gundam Belphagor has quickly become one of my favorite suits. It's got giant fuckoff vicegrip claw arms with built in beam rifles/sabers for tearing suits apart. It's got heat wires in the wrists for killing funnels. It's got giant scissorhands in the knees for snapping suits that get too close. It's got a giant sonic smasher cannon in the chest. It can use the Flash System. And on top of all that its pilot decided to equip it with a giant beam edge buster sword because all that other shit just wasn't enough. It's built to kill Newtypes.

It's an edgy villain prototype for Virsago and Ashtaron, and I love it.
>>
Tried watching it recently but couldn't get into it. Dropped it after 5 episodes. I didn't feel invested in the fights since the GX would shrug off anything that hit it. The post-apocalyptic setting was used poorly, how the fuck are there still flowers growing? And there were other little things that were stupid. Like in the first episode Garrod breaks the lock on a door with a keypad using a fucking hairpin but then precedes to use a decoder device for a safe with a tumbler lock. How the fuck does that work?

Maybe I'll give it another try sometime but it was just reminding me why I don't enjoy Gundam shows anymore.
>>
>>14696696
Completely agree, I'll have the OST playing in the background while doing work or playing games. It has the right combo of both kinda relaxing and also getting your blood pumping especially the openings.
>>
>>14696584
Responsible for turning me a /m/an.
Before that, I wasn't into mecha.
>>
>>14696800
>The post-apocalyptic setting was used poorly, how the fuck are there still flowers growing?
Because it's been 15 fucking years? A lot of plants spread fast. Look at St Helens.
>>
>>14696640

They're also not pilotable, which takes away from the point somewhat. We also have no indication they were actually built in the kind of numbers mass production implies, only that there were a couple of dozen of them. Which is really more limited production.
>>
>>14696584
DX is still my favorite gundam, but I will go to bat for the Jenice being the best looking zaku.
>>
>>14696584
Awesome and way better than ANN thinks it is
>>
Good show, great main gundam and probably best characters and romance of all gundam series.

However, the other gundam designs either felt like G-gundam (frost brothers) or Wing gundam ripoffs. And the grunts were completely forgettable.
>>
>>14696584
Its pacing is as bad as IBO. Whereas ibo has long arcs that take longer than necessary to get to the point, x has lots of episodes that ultimately dont contribute much because of the rush toward the ending due to cancelation. Those episodes would have been fine if this were like a 48 episode show, but its sudden unnatural velocity toward the end hurts it greatly.
>>
>>14698152
Didn't ANN only review up to the middle of the Fort Severn arc?
>>
>>14699433
Nah, they've reviewed the whole series. They were actually more favourable of the second half, but since it wasn't negative, trolls didn't post it here to try to rile up /m/.
>>
File: aec.jpg (40KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
aec.jpg
40KB, 600x355px
These two are the cutest thing in all of Gundam
>>
>>14696584
One of the best in my opinion. Easily the ship I'd most like to be stuck on out of all of Gundam. The Freeden crew are impossibly bro.
The only thing wrong with it is that it should have been longer, but it came too soon after Wing so they didn't sell enough Airmasters and Leopards to people who'd just bought Wings and Heavyarms. It's good that they got word soon enough that they were able to still do the complete planned ending by cutting the world-building short, but it still sucks that it got cut short at all.
>Did you like the mecha?
All of them. X-Divider and DX are two of my very favorite Gundam designs, right up there with Zeta and Exia. Airmaster as a design beats the vast majority of Gundam's transformable designs. The Flags have a special place in my heart, but more because of their pilots than the design itself. Hard to decide between Airmaster and Delta Plus, but my opinion may be biased by how much more awesome Witz was than Riddhe. Leopard, on the other hand, wins hands down against Heavyarms. Not only is Roybea a better person in a better show, but I just like the Leopard's design more than Heavyarms, especially when it comes to Leopard Destroy. And that's not even counting that whole docking thing with Parla's G-Falcon.

Then there are all the enemy suits like the Jenice, Daughtress, and Bertigo, and of course the Ashtaron and Virsago which, to me, outclassed the Dragon and Epyon Gundams. Far ahead of the Thrones or Legillis, these two are right behind Master for that "EVIL GUNDAM" look. Also the motivation of their pilots was so believably human, such a petty and selfish thing instead of heady ideals about war or society.

>the OST
I really should download this. I know I loved the OP and ED songs, I didn't skip them like I usually do with anime so that one shot of Jamil with his jacket blowing in the wind is seared into my memory, and Dreams is probably my favorite song on the Nami Tamaki album with all the Gundam themesongs.
>>
>>14699919
>the OST
>I really should download this
So I found this:
http://spoliarium98.tumblr.com/post/31108857574/after-war-gundam-x-ost-compilation
Which has the four OP and ED songs, is there anywhere to download the background score?
>>
>>14696800
I always saw X as more of a fairy tale or movie esque. The show's direction is more focused on emotion and cinematography, and less on world building. It helps to view X with a similar lens like you would with G. The minutiae just isn't the focus.
>>
Patouria is the creepiest mobile armor.
>>
Best girl
>>
>>14699976
https://bakabt.me/torrent/169761/kidou-shin-seiki-gundam-x-after-war-gundam-x-music-collection-mp3
>>
>>14699798
true
>breaking out to get his waifu flowers
>>
>>14698062
I'd assume that for every Gundam unit, several (perhaps a dozen at most) G-Bits will be assigned for Flash control.
>>
I can never unsee those two as anything other than Sam and Dean Winchester
>>
>>14705795

I think it's also worth pointing out that the bits are called bits, not Gundams and while they're based on the Gundams they have no V-fin, no face and they don't have the word Gundam in the name as well as having a more limited selection of weapons. So they're not Gundams.
>>
>>14706074
it wouldn't be a stretch to call them gundam weapons on a daughtress frame
>>
>>14706083

It's about as much a stretch as saying the GM is a Gundam. However much of a stretch you think that is. Since a GM is based on a Gundam, equips a lot of the same weapons (and can equip exactly the same one) and shares the learning computer data as well.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.