[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Origin MSD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: MS EF.png (191KB, 2000x1146px) Image search: [Google]
MS EF.png
191KB, 2000x1146px
I translated the MSD timelines from the official website: http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/msd/index.html

That's the one from Anaheim/EFF. Following with the Zeon one.
>>
File: flow-1.png (338KB, 2000x1729px) Image search: [Google]
flow-1.png
338KB, 2000x1729px
>>14695823
It is apparent that Zimmad still exists in The Origin (one of its freighters even appeared in the background during episode 2).

However, what happened with the Zudah? According to Igloo, it was developed in 0075, the same year that Dr. Minovsky was just proposing MS-03 to Gihren. Here's a theory: while the Waff was Zeonic's design for a Minovsky-equipped unit, Zimmad was simultaneously attempting to compete with a prototype of their own.
>>
Cool. I still don't understand what the different lines mean.
>>
File: Ms-07c-5.jpg (1MB, 1475x2149px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-07c-5.jpg
1MB, 1475x2149px
>>14695870
Teal: evolutionary line.
Orange: direct variant of the same unit

Gouf Test Prototype was basically a Gouf body with a Dom head.
>>
>>14695870
Maybe orange means variant, blue means evolution?
>>
>>14695892
Okat
>>
>>14695868
Origin is its own timeline so they can do whatever they want.
>>
File: Yms-07a_1.jpg (225KB, 379x650px) Image search: [Google]
Yms-07a_1.jpg
225KB, 379x650px
>>14698605
I don't think so. The anime adaptation is trying to put coherence into the complex miasma of MS variants over the past 35+ years. In other words, everything is more or less in canon. The MSD project seeks to amalgamate everything it possibly can:

- Prototype Gouf was among the earliest MSVs, back in 1983.
- High Mobility Zaku appeared on 08th.
- IIRC, Zimmad and Zeonic first appeared on MS Igloo.

It's likely that a future release will come up with an explanation for the Zudah.
>>
>>14700745
Believe it kid. They're just using what's already been created because it's easier than designing new variants from scratch.

Zeonic and Zimmad were around for decades in the data books, they were only put into official canon more recently since they were mentioned in MS IGLOO. Based on how they were described in that episode it would be extremely hard to believe that Zeonic and Zimmad would have any sort of functioning partnership since Zeonic was willing to jeopardize Zeon's war effort in order to humiliate Zimmad on the world stage by revealing the Zudah was just their old prototype redressed to look like a new unit. Especially since it was part of a propaganda campaign that was top secret and it still leaked to the Federation.

In regards to the mobile suits you listed I believe the pre-Zaku Is suits have been switched around somewhat. While others were featured in MSVs. Although you should know the Zaku II MS-06 RD-4 was created from 08th MS team and was not featured in any of the MSVs. You're thinking of the MS-06 R-1A and R-2.
>>
>>14700819
>it would be extremely hard to believe that Zeonic and Zimmad would have any sort of functioning partnership
The "Zimmad licensing Zeonic's units" thing is based on the fact that, during WWII, both in the Axis and the Allies, companies competed with design proposals, yet ended up manufacturing the winner's design under government contract.

>Although you should know the Zaku II MS-06 RD-4 was created from 08th MS team and was not featured in any of the MSVs.
Yes, that's what I said.
>>
>>14700819
>put into official canon
No they weren't, IGLOO isn't a film.
>>
>>14701539
Neither is Unicorn. It's a digitally animated OVA, no filming was involved. G-Reco was also digitally animated, no film was used in its production.
WHAT NOW, BITCH?
>>
>>14701625
Exactly, and the world is better for it.
The only thing that should be canon but isn't is ZZ.
>>
>>14701627
>>ZZ isn't canon
You frogot your trip, Black_Knight
>>
>>14701634
No, Black Knight thinks ZZ shouldn't be canon because only films are canon, which includes G-Saviour because he's Zeek trash.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.