[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechamon Update #4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 25

File: mechaburger.png (133KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
mechaburger.png
133KB, 500x400px
Hey all.

Thanks to your suggestions, we’ve added the follow mecha:

Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Rex
AV-98 Ingram
Aestievalis (Balanced as Rotom)
Neo Getter Robo 1,2,3 (With Getter Change)
Brain Powerd
Gaiking
Giant Robo
Escaflowne
Gipsy Danger
“Voltron” (GoLion)
Jehuty
Megas XLR
Strike line
Nobel Gundam

All of them have assets, with the exception of the Ingram and Voltron

Recently, our team has exploded to seven members. However, we still critically need tile artists.

The following positions are open.

Musician
Tile Artist
NPC Artist
Battle Sprite artist (In battle images of Pilots, Enemy trainers, enemy infantry, Mecha with no assets)
Animator
Asset Collector (Audio/Sprites)
Data Entry (Pokemon Stat Entry, Item name entry, Trainer data, etc)

If you’d like to join us, feel free to shoot an email to [email protected]

Currently, we’re topping off the first wave of balancing, stats are being inserted along with movesets. Abilities are last on the list.

If you haven’t already, feel free to try the game, and if you can, take the short art survey, too.

Survey:
http://pastebin.com/CNw2vJUQ

Playtest: (Same as before, new version will be pushed out after a UI change.)
http://pastebin.com/EDWyWq3A

Design Doc:
http://pastebin.com/a3a1apLG

Roster (New):
http://pastebin.com/ecUWyRH9
>>
File: Burgerbite.png (135KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Burgerbite.png
135KB, 500x400px
*following

zoidsposter, I summon you
>>
>>14694933
admit it Anondev, you hate Zoids
>>
>>14694946
no anon, i don't hate zoids

i love you.
>>
File: 200px-FIONAAAAAAA.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
200px-FIONAAAAAAA.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>>14694946
but i do
>>
File: First fight.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
First fight.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>14694929
>still no non GGG braves
>>
>>14695045
Name the ones you want

We'd do it ourselves but that's no fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 720x480px
Where is everyone
>>
File: image.png (32KB, 513x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32KB, 513x386px
>>
>>14695045
Who dat? That's a cool robot.
>>
>>14696539
They are from gaogaigar
>>
>>14696785
Holy shit, no its not. It's from J-Decker, literally the first episode.
>>
>>14694929
Voltron was in srw w, if you want to rip it's sprite from there.
>>
where are the webms? ??
>>
File: image.gif (658KB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
658KB, 280x212px
>>14696796
Thanks for the info, we will look into it. We also have an artist who made one so we are working on getting it from him.

>>14696807
Are you looking for webms of the game?
>>
File: tAG_149461.jpg (105KB, 790x564px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_149461.jpg
105KB, 790x564px
Where are the amphibious suits at?
>>
>>14697095

We have the assets for them but we aren't sure how to utilize them in the game. The majority of mech combat will happen in space, making amphibious suits out of place. However, we will look for a way to implement them.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them
>>
>>14697174
Good to hear you've got the assets. Which suits do you have if you don't mind?
There could be a underwater base on some planet which you need to defend or something? There will be on-planet sections in the game, right?
>>
Will G-Self be able to make an apperance?
>>
>>14696821
Have you guys considered, after acquiring assets for Voltron from SRW W, making a mockup of its Legendary Defender incarnation? Like, making it a Forme change or some shit like that?
>>
File: image.png (58KB, 513x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58KB, 513x387px
>>
>>14697435
We could try to make it based on gender or something like that, or perhaps it's own line.
>>
>>14697209
We have an acguy, gogg and hygogg, and a kapoole.

Unfortunately after looking them over I realize that some of them are pretty low quality. We are gonna try to find better ones. If you have some sprites or other suggestions feel free to dump them here.

Also I like your suggestion about a water base, we can look into that.

Most combat will be in space but there will be some dungeons that include inside sections/planetary sections.

We are going for the whole "space opera" setting and want to have as many cool scenes and missions as possible
>>
File: flRNOuc.jpg (1MB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
flRNOuc.jpg
1MB, 1300x1600px
Skell Verus from Xenoblade Chronicles X (Elma custom)
>>
>>14698283
I mean the stereotypical aqua base would be Jaburo. It could be that in order to enter a colony, you have to go through a hidden entrance straight into an enemy base.
>>
>>14694929

Enjoyed the demo. I would personally like to see the Palace Athene and Hambrabi (both from zeta) in the game.

Also when I finish moving and finally get internet at my new place I'll email you guys about data entry.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 500x354px
>>14698614
That would be a nice idea. We are trying to have all original locations though so we would have to rename it. We've been working on a world map prototype so we may post in in one of the upcoming updates.

>>14698629
Sweet man. We look forward to hearing from you. And as always, we can try to add them if we have the assets
>>
What does "tile artist" mean?
Spriting? Backgrounds? Dialogue cut-ins?
>>
>>14698736
Tilesets. So the tile artist helps us create the world. Buildings, space, plants, whatever else is in the world. The game is built using tiles. We have used the Pokemon tile set as much as we can but sadly Pokemon doesn't take place in a futuristic space colony. We can use some of the tiles but most of them will be discarded. We need a skilled tile artist to help us make sci fi style tiles
>>
>>14698806
>What does "tile artist" mean?
>artist who makes tiles
lol, so that's reusable squares of background? nvm, i clearly don't know enough to be useful to you. Good luck with the project, though!
>>
File: image.png (43KB, 363x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43KB, 363x290px
>>14698861
Let me try again. An example would be pic related.

It is Sprite art, but a specific type. It's not background sprite work or characters. A tile would be a small block of sprites that form a part of a building. Combine them all and they make said building. They are the floor sprites that the characters walk around on, as well as walls, obstacles and the rest of the world. If you have spriting ability, feel free to send us an email. We can always use help somewhere.
>>
File: image.png (36KB, 513x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36KB, 513x391px
>>
I want this game done. Look forward to when that is.
>>
>>14699518
So do we! We are working on finishing it as soon as possible without sacrificing good quality.
>>
File: fiyaaaa!.png (53KB, 511x384px) Image search: [Google]
fiyaaaa!.png
53KB, 511x384px
>>
File: Oxygen.png (28KB, 515x385px) Image search: [Google]
Oxygen.png
28KB, 515x385px
>>
>>14694929
Is there anything like Shin Mazinger Zero and Getter Emperor in it?
>>
>>14701051
>>14701051
The getter emperor might make an appearance but we are trying to keep the massively overpowered robots out of the game. We do want to include strong, famous mecha as legendaries, but stuff that can easily destroy the entire galaxy or worse doesn't really fit into our game, considering its is more on a planetary scale, not so much a universal scale.
>>
File: AMX-109_Kapool_Front.png (65KB, 351x402px) Image search: [Google]
AMX-109_Kapool_Front.png
65KB, 351x402px
>>14697174
Remember the Kapool from Turn A? Shit worked just fine in space.
>>
>>14702296
I'm sure they will do fine in space but it's more along the lines of where to find them. But it's easy enough to place them. Whichever ones we get assets for will make probably make it into the game
>>
Major commendations to your efforts!
I only noticed your threads a short while ago, but I greatly look forward to the finished product.
Keep up the good work!
>>
File: image.png (19KB, 513x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 513x386px
>>14702597
Thanks man. We will be updating weekly so stay tuned!
>>
>>14702586
Maybe an abandoned colony, a la Texas in Gundam 0079 or Moon Moon in ZZ, but with an ocean instead of a dust bowl/subtropics.
>>
>>14702652
Yea there will be places like that where you can find these mecha. Once we create a solid world map and figure out the routes we will have a better ifea
>>
File: Type references.png (29KB, 801x358px) Image search: [Google]
Type references.png
29KB, 801x358px
>>14702652
There's already an abandoned colony in the region concept, I'm pretty excited for it. An underwater base is a great idea, too. I'm trying to see where it'd fit; we've only thought out two dungeons.

>>14702296
>>14698614
>>14697209
Thanks to the dude from the last thread, we have a good Hygogg sprite. We already had a Kapool (the turn A model); with the two of them, we can make a 2 stage evolution line. If we get a good Gogg sprite, we can make it 3 stage. Our gogg and Acguy sprites are kinda trash.

Their typing is up for debate, though.

Since they're amphibious suits, they might be closer to "Ground" type than "Marine"

Marine in Mechamon means "space specialized"; stuff like Nu-Gundam or V2 would be Marine.

We also have a critical lack of Ground types. Stay tuned for balancing news, and as always feel free to suggest different typings for mecha in the roster.

I'll rewrite this image by the next thread

>>14697348
only if you feel PRAIDO

>>14698629
Hambrabi is gonna be in for sure, for plot reasons. Palace Athene could go in, if we can think if a typing. We look forward to having you onboard.
>>
If Kiryu is added, it might fit as a Bio/Spirit, since it fights like Godzilla and has the spirit of the '54 Godzilla as the on-board AI.
>>
Just some Attack names I've come up with.

Struggle - Charge (Mechamon has no weapons left, they can't do anything but charge.)
Charm - Pose (Mechamon does an awesome pose as it's aura lowers oppenents attack.)
Attract - Gattai or Combine.
Mind Reader - Bio-Computer
Gravity - Gravity bomb (Lore wise how will this work in Space?)

(don't really need to change.)
Attack Order - Attack Order
Metal Claw - Metal Claw
Gear Grind - Gear Grind

How is Recycle going to work?
>>
>>14703761
Some of those are pretty solid. We are going to try to have all new names though, meaning we don't want to reuse any names from original pokemon. Even if they fit, we want to have a completely new game and use as little as possible.
>>
>>14703788
Attack order could be missile swarm
>>
>>14703761
>>14703788
Good Point. I can't think of any names to rename for Steel-type Pokemon attacks.

More Names

Odor Sleuth/Foreslight - Soul Override
Moonlight - Lunarlight
Morning Sun - Star Power
Reflect Type - Mental Change
Helping Hand - Friendship
Roar * Bio type attack - ROAR!!
Howl * Bio type attack - HOWL!!
Water Pluse - Crazy Laser

>>14702897
> Marine in Mechamon means "space specialized"
It makes sense but with Marine being Blue colour I keep thinking of Water.
When I should be thinking Space and Lasers.

> We also have a critical lack of Ground types

You do, let's see there is.

Getter-2
Getter Liger
Shin Getter-2
Getter-3
Getter Posidon
Shin Getter-3

(These are Courage/Ground. Shound't they be Ground/Nuke type?
All Getter 3 you should be able to find in Water.)

Eva-01
Codarl
Venom
Gwei (Who/What is Gwei?)

That is a problem.

-Extsting Mechamon to Ground type-

Heavyarms - Artillery/Ground
Heavyarms Custom - Artillery/Ground

Lagann - Courage/Ground
Gurren Lagann - Courage/Ground
Galactic Lagann Courage/Dimension *With some ability to give STAB on Ground moves.

-Here are some new Ground types mechamon-

M9 - Ground/Stealth
Arbalest - Ground/Stealth
Laevatein - Ground/Stealth
Bonta-Kun - Ground/Melee
(We are going to have Gwei and Venom but no FMP units?)

Super Boss Borat - Grunt/Ground
(Evoloution to Boss Borat)

Scopedog - Ground

MetalGarurumon - Ground/Marine
(It would be fun to throw in Digimon, in a Pokemon Game.)
Wargreymon - Courage/Explosive
Omegamon - Explosive/Marine

Liger Zero - Ground/Bio
Liger Zero Phoenix - Ground/Aerial
>>
>>14703931
Lots of ideas there. We save all the suggestions that people give us so we will give them a good look

>it would be fun to throw in digimon

As fun as that might be its not gonna happen.
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 190x190px
>>
File: liftoff.png (16KB, 512x391px) Image search: [Google]
liftoff.png
16KB, 512x391px
>>
>>14703931
>Helping Hand - Friendship
>not Understanding
>>
>>14706064
those are just suggestions made by other anons. If you have your own feel free to submit them.
>>
>>14703931
>With marine being blue I think of water

Haha, I do too. I'll change the color the second anyone has a better idea, for sure. Same with any type, really.

Great typings, we're gonna use most of them, it'll certainly fix our ground problems.

Sorry about the Digimon, but feel free to try suggesting something else. We're still deciding on 'zilla being in the game.
>>
>>14706263
Zilla should be like deoxys, where it's not really native, but it came from somewhere else.
>>
>>14706064
Helping Hand - The user assists an ally by boosting the power of that ally's attack.

How many times as that description being used in a mecha anime?

- Some names

Friendship
Bond
Team Up Attack/Assault
Combination Assault/Attack
Robros

I went with Friendship, because it sounded slightly better.
>>
>>14706064
I think I understand your question now. There arePokemon stats that is effected by the bond between Pokemon and trainer, Pokemon and other Pokemon, their personallities, etc. certain moves are based on these statistics. We need to figure out a way to implement these, which is why most of those attacks are unchanged.
>>
>>14706599
These are some good ones, we will keep them in mind

>>14706292
Again with Zilla we are working out how he fits into the game. All suggestions are welcome but I wouldn't exactly call him a legendary. The majority of bots on this list are much stronger than him. We might make him into a unique mechamon, but I wouldn't compare him to deoxys statistically
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 854x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 854x467px
>>14706599
>robros
>>
As this is a Pokemon Game?

Are you going to add in any mechs from the Pokemon anime/cartoon?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Team_Rocket_Mechas
>>
>>14708415
Heh, some of those mechs are pretty silly. This isn't a Pokemon game, rather a mecha game made in Pokemon style. There is no team rocket, therefore no team rocket mechs.
>>
>>14708415
Most of them are Pokemon, the ones that aren't don't look very memorable, so probably not.

>>14703931
I think I'll make the Ingram a Ground type, and keep the Scopedog as a grunt.

Hopefully I can pick up a Scopedog II, give it a red shoulder, and have it evolve as a counterpart to the Zaku line.

Threadly reminder to check out the survey in the OP if you haven't already
>>
File: switch!.png (22KB, 511x386px) Image search: [Google]
switch!.png
22KB, 511x386px
>>
>>14698226
>Gouf VS Eva in space
this will not end well for zeon.
>>
>>14706263
You could literally just call them space types?
>>
File: 9050488.png (581KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
9050488.png
581KB, 1280x960px
>>14694929
WHERE DA WHITE GLINT AT?
>>
>>14712575
No, but in our game the gouf is a pretty tough unit

>>14712587
We could but that would be boring. Also it's a popular term to use in science fiction when referring to space combat specialized units.

>>14712610
I think someone recommended him already. As usual if we can get the sprite anything is possible
>>
>>
>>14702897
Wait, if marine isn't for aquatic mecha, then why is it called Marine?
>>
>>14716574
semper fidelis
>>
>>14716574
>>14716589

Yeah, you COULD use a "Marine" unit in amphibious/underwater operations (sealed against vacuum would be "somewhat" effective against the pressure), but it wouldn't be optimized for it like a "Ground" (terrestrial environment specialized) unit.
>>
>>14716574
>Also it's a popular term to use in science fiction when referring to space combat specialized units

I just said it

>>14716647
You are right on
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.