[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This looks like garbage. Are you sure Crossbone is worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: CrossboneVol1.jpg (31KB, 230x330px) Image search: [Google]
CrossboneVol1.jpg
31KB, 230x330px
This looks like garbage. Are you sure Crossbone is worth reading?
>>
>>14693708
What about it looks like garbage? I'm not saying it doesn't look like garbage, I just want you to point out specifically what stuck you as garbage.
>>
>>14693712
The art and the Gundam design.
>>
>>14693715
Hm, well I've never heard anyone say they were a fan of Hasegawa's illustration style, but usually I only hear praise for the Crossbone design. At the very least, I love the Crossbone's Core Fighter.

There are lots of bizarre Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors in Crossbone, so that might make it unenjoyable for you. I appreciate Gundam installments for the story, characters, and world-building. I thought it was worth reading for those, but it wasn't phenomenal by those standards either, I was just happy to see a side of the Universal Century we don't see anywhere else. And it didn't require a big time devotion.
>>
>>14693715
The artist can't draw a straight line but he's extremely good in laying out action scenes. Some fights in the manga are even better than what we have animated.
>>
>>14693723
>I only hear praise for the Crossbone design
It looks like something from a super robot anime.

Pretty bad if you ask me.
>>
Crossbone isn't particularly amazing, but it's a good enough read to be worth trudging through the hilariously bad art.

Forget the sequels though, those just lose any sense of message whatsoever in favor of "wouldn't this be cool?!??!" and "if you haven't noticed, Hasegawa is a lolicon".
>>
>>14693734

It's literally just a gundam that has an x thruster slapped on its back and wears a cape.
>>
>>14693734
I dont think you've ever seen a super robot in your life.
>>
File: 1470758066215.jpg (2MB, 1654x6300px) Image search: [Google]
1470758066215.jpg
2MB, 1654x6300px
>>14693733
So what you are saying is that Hasegawa is the ONE of mecha.
>>
>>14693756
>if you haven't noticed, Hasegawa is a lolicon".
Has he finished his loli demon rape manga yet or is it still half done?
>>
File: Crossbone detach cloak.jpg (99KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone detach cloak.jpg
99KB, 1280x1024px
>>14693715
The design is just another one of those cases where "Katoki did it better."
>>
>>14694015
what is this edge lord garbage
>>
>>14693708
Read it so you can talk about how shit it is and le epic newtype monkeys XD
>>
>>14694015
ONE's art is shit, but you can at least tell what you're looking at. He shines in panel layout and in general there is actually a sort of charm to it.

With Hasegawa it's just a mess. Wildly shifting proportions, characters that all look the same age, and chaotic as fuck battles. It only gets worse when you see The Panel with the nature scenery, which basically serves as proof that Hasegawa should not be drawing people and robots.
>>
File: 1470682424013.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470682424013.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>14694024
Mob psycho 100. Same guy who did the original one punch man web comic. ONE's art tends to fluctuate all over the place but he's great at things like viewing angle, paneling, fight flow, etc.

Bones is doing a pretty good job on the anime.
>>
>>14694021

Honestly I think that's the case most of the time. Considering how much work the man's done over the decades, I feel like he's one of the least shit on designers. He makes designs that transition well into model form, and he's good at that.
>>
>>14694021

Isn't it supposed to be Katoki's design to begin with and was just drawn poorly by Hasegawa
>>
File: Crossbone Gundam Windfall.jpg (268KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone Gundam Windfall.jpg
268KB, 1024x768px
>>14695506
Nope. Hasegawa (awkwardly) designed it. Katoki fixed it.
>>
Crossbone is only good for Seabook, Tobia is a mary sue
>>
>>14693734
So it looks like a Gundam then.
>>
its okayish, nothing great, but I like Hasegawa art personally. If you want to read a Hasegawa manga, go for Dancouga Burn.
>>
>>14694021
>>14695566
Honestly dislike it cause it doesn't mesh well with other mecha of the same era of uc. In other words, where the fuck did all the curves go? Its supposed to be as curvy as f91 and not blocky like unicorn. I would have liked it better if it were more like katokis victory at least.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.