[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't they cut costs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: TOY-GDM-3132.jpg (55KB, 433x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-GDM-3132.jpg
55KB, 433x600px
What if they removed the Zaku. Instead put a beam turret with a cockpit.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective?

A beam turret with a giant jet pack.
>>
>>14690878
Preexisting space fighters such as the Gattle and Gobble were supplanted by Mobile Suits.
>>
>>14690878
the same reason it should have a lion on its chest
>>
>>14690878
Because Minovsky particles
>>
>>14690878
Because robot toys.
>>
>>14690878
MS are inherently obsolete so it's better to not think about it too much. These kind of series aren't about realism, they want to sell you toys.
>>
Why don't they just make a death sphere with guns and camera's and thrusters covering every surface? That way it could see, shoot, and move in every direction.
>>
File: fuck soc.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fuck soc.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>14690878

You mean like a Ball?
>>
What is AMBAC?
>>
>>14691050
Something unneeded with proper vernier placement. Its pretty much just used to handwave the arms and legs.
>>
>>14690974
Nah, it's more efficient to have a single main thruster assembly and use verniers and momentum wheels to turn it. Rocket engines are heavy, if they're not going to contribute to providing thrust you don't want them on your vehicle.
>>
>>14691050
Active Mass-Balance Auto Control. It's the UC Gundam setting's term for turning through conservation of angular momentum instead of an RCS. Mobile suits use their limbs for it, though it should work just fine with a set of flywheels.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (226KB, 970x640px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
226KB, 970x640px
>>14691058
They already had this debate in UC.

Your side lost because it would require addition resources for the propellant necessary as opposed to using limb to create momentum in order to create course corrections.
>>
>>14691328
You retards keep posting that image and I keep having to explain that line two step three would throw it into a counter-clockwise spin and undo the initial turn.
The makers of Gundam have no clue what the fuck they're describing, so stop pretending they matter as a source.
>>
>>14690878
Aside from all the stuff other people have said

this was carrying a top of the line, one of the kind prototype super soldier interface. it wasn't about being cost effective, but the opposite; they dragged the most solid piece of hardware that could be scrounged for them
>>
>>14691518
Yeah, it would create a spin to counter the spin you started with, leaving you steady in a new position. Look at video of astronauts on the space station turning around, it works just fine. Hell, just sit on a swivel chair and turn it by moving your body without pushing off the ground.
>>
>>14691328
does orientation even fucking matter though? Like i love gundam, i have watched every series shit or good, but at best it is somewhere around a five on the science fantasy to hard sci fi scaling. In actual combat orientation means nothing if you just have a turret which can turn and fire in the proper direction anyways. In the spaces small enough for AMBAC or even RCS to matter most guns could move an inch to the right and still hit you, and outside of that range AMBAC does nothing but turn you left when you get shot and even RCS would be way too small to adjust your orbital velocity. Best ACTUAL model of space combat is this thing in beta on steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIh4Xw2bnQ All of which is based on actual science and testing, none of which relies on minovsky scotch tape to fix the plot holes.
>>
>>14691518
>what is momentum cancellation
>>
>>14692032
What "spin you started with"?
>>
>>14692084
Line two step 2.
>>
>>14692079
>>14692095
Right, you're both TERMINALLY retarded so I have to go step by fucking step.
Step 1: No rotation. Arms are centered.
Step 1 -> Step 2: Arms swing to left. Newton's third happens. Craft begins rotating clockwise at a speed of 1.
Step 2: Arms are left. Rotating clockwise at speed 1.
Step 2 -> Step 2.5: Arms swing to center. Newton's third happens. Craft not rotating. If you weren't retarded, you'd have stopped here.
Step 2.5 -> Step 3. Arms swing to right. Newton's third happens. Craft rotating counter-clockwise with speed of 1. You're all retards.
>>
File: 261e888b387bb8b2e880f9a88be7ea6b.jpg (135KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
261e888b387bb8b2e880f9a88be7ea6b.jpg
135KB, 1280x931px
>>14692065
>none of which relies on minovsky scotch tape to fix the plot holes.

Minovsky particles are the entire reasoning behind why mobile suits are around to begin with, get rid of them and you get rid of the entire premise of the show, thus no mobile suit gundam, I don't quite understand why you all keep whipping this dead horse, you're almost as bad as the /k/ faggots and feddie autismos. Most of us can understand that UC doesn't work like the real world when they have humans who have otherworldly reflexes and minds that can move objects.
>>
>>14692127
Hey, don't lump us Feddies in with this dipshit or /k/.
>>
File: cd7ea4dfd31c309c041309f3aaf9c217.jpg (652KB, 3029x2144px) Image search: [Google]
cd7ea4dfd31c309c041309f3aaf9c217.jpg
652KB, 3029x2144px
>>14692221
Just a bit of banter lad.

I don't see what's wrong with looking into why things are like they are in UC and comparing it to real life, but it's obviously got its own quirks and science which doesn't correspond with reality, so criticising it for being unrealistic is a moot point when you have 20 metre tall robots and loli psycho soldiers roaming the battlefields.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.