[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After finishing Gundam F91 I thought it was pretty good, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 0XEmL.jpg (163KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
0XEmL.jpg
163KB, 1920x1040px
After finishing Gundam F91 I thought it was pretty good, just slightly above average. One complaint I have though is that it wasn't a full series, and this is something that really bothered me. Without the executive meddling we could have had a fantastic Gundam series, something in my opinion to rival 0079. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>14689166

Well I agree it would have rivalled 0079, but only because I think F91 was an attempt to recapture 0079 and make a new UC saga, with Cosmo Babylonia as the new Zeon to spin several tales out of. Which Sunrise quashed, but which I'm not terribly put out about because I didn't find the idea particularly intriguing in the first place. I preferred Victory personally and don't see the interest other people find in F91.
>>
>>14689187
I haven't seen Victory yet. I've been avoiding it for a bit since people keep telling me bad things about it. I'll probably get to it after X.
>>
>>14689191
I'd say Victory is the diametric opposite to X. X is hopeful and optimistic about the future. Victory is incredibly pessimistic in the brutal and often pointless deaths its many characters suffer and humanity's inability to change. Your opinion on both may vary.
>>
>>14689166
I don't think F91 carried enough heft as a concept ot justify a full 52 episode series.

It would've been far better served with a 13 episode series or an OVA around the same length as Unicorn's, though.
>>
>>14689166
F91's story is pretty much the same story elements we see in other Gundam shows before (and several times after). What's the point of stretching that out for 50 episodes if we already know what's going to happen?

F91 was perfectly fine as movie.
>>
>>14689419
I felt it was different enough to warrant at least a short OVA, around 12 episodes. I really liked how the bad guys occupied the city, and I wished they expanded more on them taking over colonies. The pacing and skips were really jarring and confusing at times as well.
>>
>>14689373
Wasn't the movie just based on the drafts of 13 or so episodes?
>>
Killing 9/10ths world population, what good would that do? That soUnds crippling to humanity.

Movie was cool but following the order of release, Im getting tired of the rookie to pro pilot newtype thing already. This movie made it feel like he lErned to be a pilot in an afternoon. How long did the war last? Villian felt rushed and he had some humility that they threw away by making him some pyscho new type. Waste of am interesting character.

Also nice star wars parralells
>>
I wish it was longer so Iron Mask had more screentime.
What a fucking bizarre character.
>>
It's a masterpiece. Only storyfags will disagree.
>>
File: attacking the rafflesia2.jpg (354KB, 698x860px) Image search: [Google]
attacking the rafflesia2.jpg
354KB, 698x860px
I really like F91 and do wish it had been an OVA with some more episodes. I'll have to say, however, that what I enjoy the most is the F91 itself. What a sexy beast.

>>14690282
Audiovisual media needs to rely on what differentiates it from other media: the visuals. That is absolutely true, but you can't just eschew story.

But come on, it's a Gundam anime film.
>>
>>14690323
F91 was cooler than Zeta to me in means of the suit. The Zeta was my favorite up till that point.
>>
>>14690323
>>14690358
I love it but why is the high grade so tiny?
>>
>>14690494
Cause late UC suits were downsized so they could be faster and harder to hit
>>
>>14689166
I could have made a great 26 episode series based on what we saw. Definitely better than Zeta.

The movie has horrendous pacing though. It feels more like a proof of concept than a standalone movie.
>>
>>14689446
Yes.

>>14689166
I think the F91 is my favorite mainline gundam (suit not series), but everything after they leave the colony is garbage. It's got a great first 30 minutes terrible everything else. It's a shame considering how fantastic the designs for everything are.
>>
>>14689191
Victory is a weird case. Gundam shows from that time period uses a lot of stock footage with decent shading in place of actual battle choreography, whereas Victory has some of THE best battle choreography in a Gundam show possibly ever, but lacks shading more often than not.

But it's a pretty great show. The protagonist has pretty much the highest onscreen kill count in UC, and he's obscenely skilled and resourceful to the point where he'd probably knock around some of the more broken AU pilots in their demigod-tier Gundams pretty well.

Also, main Gundam in the first half is mass produced. Uso's nothing special for piloting the Victory. Everything special about him comes from sheer skill.
>>
>>14689166
Weakest main gundam design
>>
>>14698548
>Weakest main gundam design

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>14698548
that's the strike or wing if anything
>>
>>14699790
>The Strike
>Not amazing
I don't agree with this assessment
>>
>>14695727
Yeah, the only reason they call it a gundam is to draw upon the fame of the name.
>>
>>14695727
If the Victory Gundam is the GM of late UC what does that make the G-EZ?
>>
File: 1470597680793.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470597680793.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>14699790
more like Impulse, it was Strike 1.6 with a poorly implemented copy of Victory's awesomeness.
>>
File: 1287421084458.jpg (120KB, 700x585px) Image search: [Google]
1287421084458.jpg
120KB, 700x585px
>>14695727
Usso is #3 in on-screen kill counts, only after Trowa (stock footage) and Amuro (spread out across 2 shows and a movie). however that doesnt include the the unknown thousands of kills when he personally fired the Keilas Guilie space cannon and wiped out a Zanscare fleet.
>>
File: 1447119332860.webm (2MB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
1447119332860.webm
2MB, 640x520px
>>14700665
Usso one-shotted battleships on a regular basis, his kill count is definitely first if you are talking about men rather than units.
>>
>>14700561
I'd say the Victory Gundam is more like the Jegan or Stark Jegan of its era.
>>
>>14700652
I remember early on after Uso had gotten to space and returned to the others, he and Marbet pulled off some combo with her Zoloat's beam wires and his beam saber into some flashbang/beam fan thing. The hell was that all about?
>>
>>14700278
>battery that drains every 5 minutes from PS armor
>drains even faster with striker packs
>so poorly developed it needed a boy's programming to get it standing
>>
>>14700652
I fucking love Uso
>>
>>14700713
He personally fired the Kelias Guile, the dick-ball cannon, so he probably has a hundred or few hundred more MS kills on his score sheet, we just can't count them up properly.
>>
>>14700876
striker pack adds batteries
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.