[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you read Getter Robo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Shin_Getter_1_Profile_shot.jpg (96KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Getter_1_Profile_shot.jpg
96KB, 1440x1080px
Why haven't you read Getter Robo?
>>
>>14686702
Why are you using an OVA image when you're talking about reading?
>>
>>14686711

Didn't feel like reading Getter Robo
>>
>>14686702
But I have?
>>
>>14686702
I'm literally in the process of finishing Arc as I type this
>>
Because I've read enough to know it's an absolutely amazing manga and I suffer from crippling OCD so I feel like I have to read or watch particularly good things when it's the "right time".
>>
>>14686702
I finished Go but never bothered to continue for some reason, I'll get around to it eventually
>>
>>14687016
Shin is arguably the best
>>
>>14687030
I never really understood that view, I found it just a bit lacking in general, especially after Go.
>>
>>14687102
It's a close call between the two. Part of what made Shin better if the return of Ryouma. Ryo is the heart of Getter in a lot of people's eyes. Getter Robo Go felt more like a Gundam series with the warfront, Shin felt a bit more truly to be modern Getter especially when shit really hits the fan. That's how I see it at least.
>>
>>14686702
Because I'm not a spic
>>
>>14687140
But wasn't Ryouma in Go too?
I think my problem with Shin is that it's too short to really overshadow Go for me.
>>
>>14687175
>because I'm a spic
ftfy
>>
>>14686702
I have. I'm waiting impatiently for the rest of Hien to be translated.
>>
>>14687190
>I'm waiting impatiently for the rest of Hien to be translated.
...Why?
>>
I dislike the negative portrayal and prejudice of dinosaurs in the manga.

Dinosaurs are friendly and well-intentioned creatures who did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14687184
You are totally right I'm mixing Shin up with the end of Go and forgetting Shin is the prequel to Go. In my mind Go was two halves but that's just bad recollection.

You're totally right, Getter Robo Go is the best of the manga.
>>
File: HayatoJin.jpg (66KB, 507x479px) Image search: [Google]
HayatoJin.jpg
66KB, 507x479px
Original = Good
G = It's ok
Go = Great
Shin = Good
Arc = Good (Except for unfortunate cliffhanger)
Devilman vs Getter Robo = Decent
Getter Robo Devolution = Meh

Getter Robo Armageddon = Good
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo = Cool
New Getter Robo = Cool

Getter Robo Hien = Not translated, no opinion
Dino Getter = Not translated, no opinion
Getter Robo Dash/Darkness = Not translated, but what the fuck
>>
>>14687186
Stop projecting so hard Pablo
>>
>>14687102
>I never really understood that view
It's incredibly easy to see if you don't share the view.
Shin's strengths are
>"original" Getter team/Professor Saotome
>dinosaur empire, hyakki demons and aliens
>gritty/dark tone to story
>deals with Getter energy as a mystic force like in Go
>fills in the gap before Go while also setting up Arc as a sequel
>great action, some of the best art in Getter since it was released over a long period of time
>iconic stories such as Getter vs G and anything involving Emperor
>Getter Emperor, for that matter
>Shin Getter Robo, Getter Robo, Getter G and Getter Go all in the same manga

There are tons of reasons why it is one of the best and arguably the best entry in the Getter manga series.
>>
>>14687302
I prefer Go as it was closer to the original manga but with a fresh new paint.

>international super robots (Canada was the best)
>memorable characters
>FUCK DINOSAURS
>>
>>14687288
Bump Shin and Armageddon up to great and I agree with you 100%
>>
>>14687302
I didn't say it wasn't good, I just find it very hard to put such a short prequel entry at the top of the pile.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 625x415px
>>14687224
>dinosaurs are browsing /m/ right now
>>
>>14687288

Vs Devilman is crap. Other than that, I'm ok with your opinion.
>>
>>14687327
>I didn't say it wasn't good
And I never implied that said that.
>>
>>14687347
>Vs Devilman is crap
And I'm not ok with yours
>>
>>14687353
I take explaining the strengths to me as an implication that I didn't understand the strengths. There are other ways to interpret that, but describing it as being "incredibly easy" to see what I can't carries its own implications which affect the tone of the post as a whole.
>>
>>14687373
Did you take your schizo medicine today? Wouldn't be surprised if xpearse made this post.
>>
File: 1402370824007.gif (2MB, 194x293px) Image search: [Google]
1402370824007.gif
2MB, 194x293px
>>14687224
It;s getting dino in here. Sufficient lack of getter rays.
>>
What's going with devolution? Has anyone translated past chapter 6?
>>
>>14686702
I have. I ran out translated stuff.
>>
>>14687688
The one translating it is gonna have the new chapters soon enough
>>
I have a nearly full TB drive which I'd need to clear out a bit first
I have a backlog, currently watching Giant Gorg
I'd like to but the "spic" shitposter who haunts so many threads frightens me. Not enough to keep me away, but enough to discourage.
>>
>>14689807
>I'd like to but the "spic" shitposter who haunts so many threads frightens me. Not enough to keep me away, but enough to discourage.
All the reason to read it.

The getterfag - spic dynamics is what keep threads alive.
>>
>>14689948
You say this as if I were ever going to post about it. I was only talking about reading it. I do not want to involve myself in some asinine shitposter's wild ride any more than I do elsewhere already.

It may be 4chan but I prefer to at least try to actually talk about things, ask and answer questions, etc. rather than having angrily worded nonsense I can't make heads or tails of attached to my (you). I'm going to be read Getter and form my own opinions on it, nonsensical shitposting be damned, and I'm not going to post about it, because I cannot for the life of me make heads or tails of why it seems such specific shitposting has so closely followed a franchise.
>>
Because TTGL is better
>>
I did, and I posted in a Getter Robo thread about two weeks ago about how I liked it, but then anon called me a droopy retard, and I didn't want to reply so I just left the thread and lost interest in watching the OVAs because I had nobody to talk to about it.
Why must you be so cruel, anon?
>>
>>14686702
>Why haven't you read Getter Robo?
Because i'm lazy and unmotivated. as much i want i don't think i really want to
>>
>>14689990
fuck off pedro
>>
>>14690098
I'm just stating facts david. also dbz robots is shit
>>
>>14690117
>ttgl
>not dbz robots shit
nice one pedro
>>
>>14686702
Because I can't read the read.
>>
>>14686702
I can't read
>>
>>14690011
This is why you will never be able to pilot a Getter
>>
>>14690029

You will never pilot a getter
>>
>>14686702
I finished reading the Saga just a few days ago. It was nothing short of phenomenal, I loved every single page.
The designs were especially impressive, I can't believe he never fucked up a single Getter Robo, they all looked cool as fuck.
Original > Go = Shin > Arc > G
>>
>>14694630
Definitely check out Ken's other manga.

I'd read Majuu Sensen if I were you, even though the sequel isn't scanlated.
>>
>>14694675
I will, thank you.
>>
>>14689975
I agree. Reddit is shit because everyones posting 'witty' shit for upvotes instead of real discussion. Most 4chan boards that aren't this one are people spouting shit that isnt even their real opinion just for the sake of argueing, instead of discussion
>>
>>14694812
I don't think people do that "just for argumentation", some do it if they're being ironic or trolling but I don't think many play devil's advocate for the sake of argument.

Sometimes I argue things I don't believe to make certain groups look bad though :^)
>>
>>14694812
>implying /m/ isn't equally argumentative for the sake of being argumentative

Shitposting culture has infested the entirety of 4chan. No longer can a subject stay afloat on its own merit, it has to rely on low quality bait and heated rounds of EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT, EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS WRONG to survive. Torn from the pages of Charles Darwin, it's a survival of the fittest, where fitness is a function of how loud and obnoxious a given thread is.
>>
>>14694875
Uhh, no. Getter threads were MORE COMMON before the spic got bores of Mazinger threads and decided this was his new targe.
>>
I read some of it
>>
>>14696227
Don't go against his narrative. That's how he justifies his constant shitposting. I am not even kidding, he seriously believes this.
>>
File: Getter Robo Go.png (2MB, 2936x2054px) Image search: [Google]
Getter Robo Go.png
2MB, 2936x2054px
>>14686702
But I did Anon.
Go definitely is my favorite, but I feel like Arc could have been the absolute greatest if it was finished.
>>
>>14696227
That's false.

Getter is more common on /m/ thanks to the spic. He doesn't even realise the amount of good he's doing to Ishikawa's memory..
>>
>>14694875
I still say most people genuinely believe what they're saying if they're arguing, they're just exaggerating their hate/love or something for comedic effect which is what everyone here does.
>>
>>14697589
*well of course, aside from people who are trolling or obviously being ironic

but even trolling can be done with your own opinions, it's all about how and where you word it
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.