[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you use captured enemy mechs for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: Ms-06f2-eff.jpg (933KB, 1588x2274px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-06f2-eff.jpg
933KB, 1588x2274px
I'm curious.
>>
Training seems like the obvious one.

Dissimilar engagements, etc.
>>
>>14678973
The same reason they used captured enemy tanks in ww2.
>>
File: V_LD_04.jpg (372KB, 1807x1832px) Image search: [Google]
V_LD_04.jpg
372KB, 1807x1832px
>>14678973
Absolutely wrecking the enemy with.
>>
>>14678973
Reverse engineering
>>
Depends on how many I capture. The more enemy mechs I get, the more risks I take with the equipment.
>>
>>14678973

Fun.
>>
File: yeeeee.png (118KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
yeeeee.png
118KB, 268x265px
Diversionary tactics. Have a squad in stolen enemy mobile suits go fuck up the rear lines as our main guys attack from the front.
>>
>>14678973
propaganda and demolition derbies
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>14679040
Must take serious meatballs to do that.
You'll be encroached by the enemy like stepping in an anthill after you attack.
>>
>>14678973
>>14678976
Aggressor roles it seems
>>
>>14678973

Second line troops, reserves, training.

Using them for infiltration is a great way to get them shot by your own guys.
>>
>>14679097
If his own guys don't panic and blap them as soon as they deploy
>>
File: Gmcamouf.jpg (576KB, 1258x2084px) Image search: [Google]
Gmcamouf.jpg
576KB, 1258x2084px
>>14679111
>great way to get them shot by your own guys.

THAT WOULD [i]NEVER[/i] HAPPEN!
>>
File: 594.png (388KB, 680x452px) Image search: [Google]
594.png
388KB, 680x452px
>>14679142
OH SHIT! GM!

OPEN FIRE!
>>
>>14678973
To power my home.
>>
>>14678973
sex
>>
Didn't you ask this a few days ago?
>>
Going to use a OYW setting where I'm a Feddie in charge of a base. I would turn over some to my superiors to look into stealing that technology for example If I got a Gouf for my superiors the Feds would probably use the heat rod. I would use other ones I get by stripping them down for any parts that could be used for repairs, take any ammunition and weapons the enemy side has, so if I captured a Zaku that had a cracker, I'd try and figure out a way to take it into the next fight since they're more or less grenades for mobile suits so they could do decent damage, sending off what can't be used with what the base has off to a scrapyard somewhere and any money given to us for the scrap would be split up among the guys at my base at my base that they could use once they're done serving or if we end up near a town with a store, which should serve as something that will help keep the morale of the troops high.
>>
File: 9fublgZ.jpg (129KB, 1761x750px) Image search: [Google]
9fublgZ.jpg
129KB, 1761x750px
>>14678973

You'd do what the Allies did with captured German tanks during WWII: drive them around to get a sense of their capabilities, shoot them with various munitions to identify weak points that can be exploited, and then funnel that intelligence down to the front-line boys so that they can fight better.
>>
>>14678973
False Flag operations
Infiltration
Training (Aggressor roles or for the aforementioned Infiltration and False Flag ops)
Weapons Testing (both its equipment and equipment against it)
Codebreaking (assuming enemy comms have their own frequencies and codes)
>>
>people never want to recognize Kou and Keith were aggressor squadron test pilots and thus probably some of the best test pilots around
>>
>>14679006

Basically with one, I do evaluations only. With at least a few, I form an Opposing Force training squad.

Only with sufficient numbers of captured mechs do I risk using them for long-range reconnaissance and infiltration operations.

My official policy on enemy mechs is, if it can be done safely, to take the mechs intact whenever possible.
>>
>>14679251

It will help if 0083 had actually done something with the captured Zakus, in terms of true combat.

The only captured Zaku we see fight the Zeon is quickly "mercy-killed".
>>
>>14679270
Didn't Keith have a captured Zaku when they went to go stop the GP02 from escaping?
>>
>>14679251
>>people never want to recognize Kou and Keith were aggressor squadron test pilots and thus probably some of the best test pilots around
they were still trainees, weren't they?
>>
>>14679270
Did you forget when Keith used his heat hawk to kill the Dom?
>>
>>14678973

>wait for vital battle
>employ it during the chaos, at a time where enemy commanders can't possibly keep track of everything that every friendly is doing
>use secret signal or mark so that allies don't shoot it
>blow up highest value enemy target on the field; if possible, blend it back into the chaos so that it can continue to harass the enemy and/or send it on a short killing spree
>>
>>14678973
spare parts
decoys
infiltration
training
>>
>>14679251
They were newbies, which is why they got put in the old Zakus and shot up during tests instead of getting to pilot the experimental stuff like GM Powered.
>>
>>14679331
>>14679511

They also have the least amount of experiance. Most of the other test pilots at the base were OYW vets.
>>
>>14678989

this guy gets it
>>
>>14679524
>>14679511

Kinda odd to me. You'd think the elite pilots would be the ones in the Zakus, using their superior skill to really test the new GMs' abilities.
>>
>>14679580
I'd have figured the GM powered would be getting the better pilot because it's the machine they're actually measuring, the zakus are there to simulate enemies and how well they perform is sort of irrelevant when all they need to do is shoot and move in a way that is at least a certain level of competence (not braindead) since no one expects the zakus to be able to keep up with the GM

keep in mind that although it was mock combat, that was more for kou and keith's training than for the powered GM. the main goal was testing the powered GM's thrusters, they probably figured "let's make it mock combat so keith and kou get some work in and it's more of a real use case of thrusters during combat"
>>
File: physalis.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
physalis.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>14678973
>What would you use captured enemy mechs for?

Because they're low-life zeek thieves with nothing better to do.
>>
File: Best German tank in WWII.jpg (38KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Best German tank in WWII.jpg
38KB, 700x392px
>>14679231
Why not do as the Germans did and press them into service to have more and better equipment on your side especially when the tide turns and your own domestic production cant keep up with your demands, let alone making decent units at all?
>>
>>14679687
the soviets did that, western allies didn't because they had a huge hardon for proper and simplified logistics

also because they weren't really lacking for tanks that using german vehicles (other than for on-the-spot purposes) was appealing
>>
>>14679348
Wasn't Keith the first pilot in the entire Fed base to get a kill in the first story arc?
>>
File: Top-Gundam.jpg (103KB, 555x785px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Gundam.jpg
103KB, 555x785px
>>14678973
Short answer:Agressor role in mock combat scenarios.
long answer:Top Gun homages
>>
>>14679702
Well, and they were unreliable, sometimes greatly so. At least the Churchill unfucked itself in later models and was somewhat reliable even if it was never FAST and the armor simply couldn't deal with the best German guns.
>>
>>14678973
1. In the immediate situation of warfare, captured enemy suits, especially if you have the supplies for them, allow you to replenish your own losses without impacting your own supply chain.
2. Testing: if you have a captured enemy suit, you can test to see what it does and how it does it; this will allow you to come up with tactics and equipment to more effectively counter it.
3. Reverse engineering: if the suit is sufficiently more advanced than your own, then reverse engineering can reveal enemy technology and manufacturing techniques that can be used by your side.
4. Adversarial training: using a real enemy suit to train your forces to fight them is better than using one of your own suits.
>>
>>14679702
The Western allies did do that a ton, especially in North Africa.
>>
Isn't dressing up in enemy uniforms and masquerading as their troops a war crime of some sort?
>>
>>14680747
False flag operations, and yes it is a war crime. Which is why the EF repainted their captured machines in EF colors and Zeon denied the existence of the Camouf.
>>
>>14679643
This Anon gets it.
By 0083 it was more or less peacetime until shit kicks off, so the closest best test you could do for a new MS (Powered GM) is mock combat, especially when you have some captured enemy units to fight against.

Despite having to use paint bullets all MS are used to their full capability, so it was as close as you could get for battle testing. Besides by then I'm sure the EF had already reverse engineered the shit out of down remnant Zeon units.
>>
>>14680747

Technically, they could still wear their uniforms so that they're not considered spies when captured.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.