[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Char right in CCA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 1469019197302.jpg (1MB, 2676x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1469019197302.jpg
1MB, 2676x2084px
Was Char right in CCA?
>>
>>14678114
AMURO

I'M ALREADY A DEMON
>>
>>14678114
But to answer your question of
>Was Char right in CCA?
In my opinion, yes. If I were to have to choose a side I'd choose Char.

But there's no denying that using a chunk of an asteroid to render Earth uninhabitable is ethically wrong, but it was the immediate solution to the Spacenoid/Earthnoid problem. Amuro's, and to a lesser extent Banagher's, choice to leave it up to the people to make their own decisions isn't nearly as morally reprehensible as Char's plan, but it also did
just prolong immediate Earthnoid/Spacenoid tensions.

On the bright side, people on Earth started developing as Newtypes as well (See: Uso) meaning that in the long run, you wouldn't need to force everyone into Space to achieve the advancement of humankind.
Of course, it's shown that the conflict moved away from being primarily about Earth vs Colonies, but rather an ideological conflict of Colonies vs Colonies vs Earth (with the colonies having also ultimately received much greater autonomy in Late UC). Which really means Char's plan wouldn't have eliminated much conflict either, which I think is the message, if there even is one, that Tomino tries to bring through with his Gundam stories. The immediate solution isn't always the best one, and while it may take a while (up until like G-Reco which is who knows how many years in the future), it is still absolutely worth believing in humanity and the potential it has.
I mean, G-Reco's ending where after the final instigators of the conflict are gotten rid of, everyone just kind of realises that the fighting is stupid so they just... stop. It's kinda like that, I guess. Maybe one day we'll collectively realise that all the killing and war is just pointless and then stop. But definitely not soon.

I'd still just choose to drop the asteroid though because I'm a Zeonfag

SIEG ZEON
>>
File: 12132436253264.jpg (132KB, 898x690px) Image search: [Google]
12132436253264.jpg
132KB, 898x690px
>>14678117

MINEVA PLANS TO BECOME A NEWTYPE POWER.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize the Earth Federation.
Adulthood is when you realise that Char makes more sense.
>>
>>14678307
Full Frontal. Whoever you are, I only take orders from you. No matter who you are, you're still my CO.

>>14678314
Wanton revolution is for children, putting up with the status quo is for adults.

None of the Federation's heroes idolize the Federation. Not Amuro, not Judau, not Banagher. They're just virtuous enough to know that bloodshed, political chaos, and change through force aren't justified by justice or freedom or Newtype utopias.
>>
File: pottery.jpg (223KB, 958x1440px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
223KB, 958x1440px
>>14678114
chars kinoattack
>>
>>14678192
>Uso
His parents are spacenoids and his childhood also have begun in space.
And I agree with the rest. Char's asteroid drop reduces the importance of the Earth to zero and reduces the casualties of the futurous conflicts.

The first problem would be the independence of Anaheim and the EFSF remnants. Some of the latter may surrender, some would become pirates. Anyway, to cut them off the possible supplies source, Anaheim should be nationalised or put under serious control by the Security Service.
The second thing would be the probable overpopulation. The cure is simple - the Government gives an asteroid or a colony builder, materials, tools, a brigade of workers and invites those who suffer from the housing problem to build colonies and houses inside of them with the right to settle there.
>>
>>14679800
>zero and reduces the casualties of the futurous conflicts.
Nah, Warring Space States era will still happen, likely in a far more intense manner without the federation there to mitigate it
>>
>>14679907
>Warring Space States
There's no other big powers in space.
>>
>>14679526
How did that guy survive Wing to reappear in EW?
I was so certain he died.
>>
>>14679918

The Crossbone Vanguard literally went from junk collectors to a military power that beat the Federation. If any other the new colony states militarize they could do it even faster.

And don't forget the Jupiter Empire is out there too. Without the Federation to fear, they'll move a hell of a lot more openly against the Earth Sphere.
>>
Spacenoids are literally muslim terrorists so no, Char was never right.

He believed in his father's pseudo-religious propaganda that advocated a superior space race then got mad when people didn't want to convert to his religion and bombed them.

Even Unicorn in its attempt to justify the actions of spacenoids ultimately lays the blame on the spacenoids themselves in a hugely ironic twist. The most open and understanding individual in the entire story is an Earthnoid coffee shop owner.

The lack of gravity makes people insane because they don't have their feet on the ground.
>>
>>14678192
>I mean, G-Reco's ending where after the final instigators of the conflict are gotten rid of, everyone just kind of realises that the fighting is stupid so they just... stop.

If there was one thing I liked about G-Reco it was this. It was kind of all summed up in the fact that, unlike a lot of Chars, Mask survived and turned over a new leaf.
>>
I don't know why idiotic Charfags keep spouting how Late UC 'proves' Char right whenif anything it shows the exact opposite. The existence of Zanscare and Warring States Era show that living in space doesn't make one 'enlightened' or 'evovled' and if anything, reinforce the underlying theme in UC that Spacenoids are a bunch of petty, entitled assholes that lovingly cheer on any random genocidal demagogue that comes along. There's a reason why 99% of all wars in UC were started by Crazy Genocidal Spacenoids.
>>
File: winnar.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
winnar.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>14678334
>change through force aren't justified by justice or freedom
>>
>>14680101

> 99%

Is there even a 1% started by an Earthnoid? Even the Titans were really Spacenoids, more interested in space than Earth.
>>
>>14679800
He grew up on Earth for most of his life though, so that just goes to show that you don't need to live in Space to be a Newtype
>>
>>14680135
God that was a terrible and bullshit ending.

Every single Cylne faction suit/ship walked away completely untouched. Neither the IJ or SF took a bit of damage during their operations.
>>
>>14678114
Char was actually prescient and could see the Golden path.

He had to become the villain to save humanity from itself.
>>
>>14680052
>Even Unicorn in its attempt to justify the actions of spacenoids ultimately lays the blame on the spacenoids themselves in a hugely ironic twist. The most open and understanding individual in the entire story is an Earthnoid coffee shop owner.

That was, the thing I liked most of Unicorn.
>>
>>14680207
His parents could be newtypes or have the potential to be newtypes.
>>14680026
>The Crossbone Vanguard literally went from junk collectors to a military power that beat the Federation.
They are mostly ex-EF soldiers, where else could they get their skill?
>And don't forget the Jupiter Empire is out there too. Without the Federation to fear, they'll move a hell of a lot more openly against the Earth Sphere
And there would be a lot of space patriots to fight for Char.
>>
File: 1438296447211.jpg (53KB, 498x550px) Image search: [Google]
1438296447211.jpg
53KB, 498x550px
>It's another Zeonwank thread
Char's plan was to force everyone into space by destroying the Earth; How are they going to get to space when all their shuttles were blown to smithereens by the impact of your asteroid? How are they going to get into space from beyond the fucking grave because they too were eradicated? What the fuck ever happened to the "Earth is a nature preserve" shit you preached? Moreover, how the fuck can Zeon fanboys not see a problem in literally destroying the fucking Earth? How the fuck do they not see a problem in being forced to live under a regime with a notorious history of killing everyone who disagrees with them?

>>14681328
>And there would be a lot of space patriots to fight for Char.
Why the fuck would all these people who had no love of Zeon and fought for their own nations, namely Cosmo Babylon and the Zanscare Empire, fight for Char? Oh right, because Zeon is Zeon sieg Zeon for Zeon and Zakus are cool.
>>
>>14681387
>Why the fuck would all these people who had no love of Zeon and fought for their own nations, namely Cosmo Babylon and the Zanscare Empire, fight for Char?
Because by the time of Char's victory over EF there was no Babylon and no Zanscare.
Zanscare Empire is the product of its time, when the EF decays and there are lots of colonies fighting against both EF and each other.
Cosmo Babylon is the result of actions of one PMC owned by millionaire family. Unlike Zeon or Zanscare, it haven't got large support and was defeated pretty easily
>>
>>14681402
Cosmo Babylon will still exist because the Ronah family and Buch Concenr existed at the time of CCA.

You're just assuming that all the federal citizens forced into space are going to support Zeon. Why? Zeon destroyed their homes and killed their families. There's also the fact that Zeon commits genocide against non-zeek spacenoids all day every day. But surely, all those angry displaced people will just love Zeon because Zaku Sieg Zeon, right? No. They fucking won't.
>>
>>14681431

To be fair they certainly seemed to love him in Char's Counterattack. And that was after dropping a large rock on Lhasa. They practically threw him a parade. And the EF was afraid to oppose him specifically because they didn't want to upset Spacenoids since they feared they might revolt if they acted against Char. Some of them attacked an EF base regardless.

I do think Char's plan would have just kicked off a whole new series of wars because the Earth was never a cause if wars, only an excuse leaders used to rile people up and attract followers. Char's plan was predicated on it being the source of conflict and something that suppressed evolution, both of which are bullshit. Even if it was gone leaders would just come up with a new excuse.

People did love Char and continue to love Zeon despite all the shit they did though, even just sticking to Tomino helmed entries.
>>
>>14681455
>To be fair they certainly seemed to love him in Char's Counterattack.
Those were people who already lived in space and weren't forced out by a catastrophe.
>>
>>14681456

The people of Sweetwater were people who had been temporarily rehoused following various conflicts throughout the last few decades. And Sweetwater wasn't the only place that supported him. Hence mentioning the EF fearing popular support, and that support resulting in action hy at least one group despite the EF's inaction.
>>
>>14680052
Wait who owned a coffee shop? Its been a while since i watched unicorn
>>
>>14681483

The guy who Mineva talks to on Earth after she runs away from Riddhe's mansion. The Earth Federation finds her there at the end of episode 3 or 4 if I recall. He gives Mineva a free coffee and they talk about the Spacenoid conflicts, Char and so on. It's one of the better scenes in the OVA and the owner is a chill dude who's mostly sorry any of that stuff happened and who wishes people could just move on because it was all pretty horrific.
>>
File: NANI!!!.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
NANI!!!.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>14678307
>mfw Char is actually the Big Boss of Gundam
>>
>>14681504
Char is not an Ocelot?
>>
>>14681463
Again you avoid the big problem with crap. Sweetwater is one colony what about the people on earth hmmm? Do you honestly belive moving billions of people onto colonies that
havent been built to house them after some asshole waving the flag of team "genocide solves everything" destroys the only home they've known?

My god you are literally retarded the only thing people will feel after a successful axis drop is HATE, HATE and more HATE. Thery'll move into space alright, They'll use the military power
of the EFSF to purge every spacenoid colony and take them for themselves because they have literally nowhere to go unless Char pulls a hundred+ colonies out of his ass with
newtype bullshit powers.

If Char's naive plan worked you'd have One Week War 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>>14681599

> You avoid the big problem

I'm not avoiding that question since I never attempted to address it and have no idea why you think it's a related bit of discussion in the first place. My only point was that while people may not universally love Char if his plan went off without a hitch, they certainly loved him fairly widely part way through his plan - even people who should have had cause to hate him and his plans, like survivors of the various Zeon wars.

> the only thing people will feel after a successful drop

Again, not something I attempted to comment on. I agree with you about what would probably happen following the drop if it worked. Char did have wide spread support prior to it and after Lhasa in the film though. That's indisputable fact that the film states and shows.

You're literally retarded yourself since you seem to have no idea what I'm actually saying and just taking what you want and assuming the rest so you can rant about your own perspective on things or something.
>>
>>14681504
Obviously Zeon Zum Deikun is Big Boss. Char is Ocelot. Degwin Sodo and the Zabis are Liquid and the Sons of Big Boss. Haman and Neo Zeon are Solidus Snake and the Sons of Liberty. Char's Neo Zeon is the Outer Heaven PMC.
>>
Oh wow someone did a fan edit of that scene

https://youtu.be/cQj2zqqSIks

Probably should've used the JP track tho since you have 2 different Char vocies in English.
>>
>>14681726

They also heavily edited the context of the scene from CCA and left out the fact Char was thinking about Lalah during those moments he's staring at the glass - same as OP's picture does really. Amuro and sacrifice are discussed in that scene, but the drink itself is focused on Lalah, rather than on Amuro the way people who like to act like it's foreshadowing or linking by Tomino imply.
>>
>>14680275
Char confirmed for giant sandworm god-emperor
>>
>>14681504
>autistic faggot who did everything wrong and doomed the world but is adored by fans
Yeah, Char is definitely Big Boss.
>>
Fuck humanity, not even turn A managed to stop the fuckstards
>>
>>14681639
>even people who should have had cause to hate him and his plans, like survivors of the various Zeon wars.

No, Sweetwater is said to hous survivors of past wars, not just Zeon wars specifically. It's more likely that Sweetwater is filled with survivors of the Gryps War, it would explain they're support of Char and lack if sympathy for the Federation. In fact, that kind of has to be the case with Gyunei. He says he remembers the destruction of his colony, for which he'd be the right age during the Gryps War (around 8 or 9 years old) whereas he'd only be an infant during the OYW.

>Char did have wide spread support prior to it and after Lhasa in the film though. That's indisputable fact that the film states and shows.

Outside of Sweetwater, the only ones who state that Char has widespread support after Lhasa are Federation officials who are outright stated to be out if touch with the sentiments of Spacenoids. In addition, we never hear or see these feared of pro-Char riots taking place, even when the Side Garrison fleets deploy to stop the Axis Drop. It's possible that Char trying to genocide the Earth was too much for most Spacenoids and they decided to stay at home. Granted that's speculation, but so is the idea that Spacenoids would be cheering Char on as he commits genocide, and my theory at least let's Spacenoids comes across as human beings rather than a bunch of genocidal assholes.
>>
>>14681328

A person's parents don't reflect their newtype heritage. I'm pretty sure both of Amuro's parents are Earthnoids. He's hardly not a newtype because of it. The status of Uso's parents doesn't matter to whether he's a newtype or not.
>>
>>14678307
>I was born on a small colony. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Zeon soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to sieg Zeon. With each new post, my masters changed along with the mobile suits they made me pilot. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Newtypes can kill.
>>
>>14681662
It's more like Zeon Zum Deikun is The Boss. Char and the Zabis are Big Boss and the Patriots respectively. Degwin is Zero while Gihren is Skull Face. You're right about Haman being Solidus though.

Solid Snake would be someone who didn't strive to fulfill Zeon's ideals, but did so on their own volition. Banagher fits the role. I don't know who would be Liquid and Ocelot in that case though.
>>
>>14681387
>How are they going to get to space when all their shuttles were blown to smithereens by the impact of your asteroid?
Not a Zeonwanker, but I think you misunderstand Char's plan. It's not like every person, vehicle, and building would be disintegrated by the impact, an asteroid impact isn't a Death Star blast. Right where the asteroid hits would be devastated, where was it, Hong Kong? So everyone in Hong Kong would be dead, probably lots of people in China, Korea, Japan.

But everywhere else would die slowly. A mix of cosmic and nuclear winter. People would survive on whatever food they had before the endless clouds appear and kill off agriculture, there'd probably be chaos and rampant crime, but as long as some government, maybe even Char's, keeps the space travel functioning, all those humans surviving on Earth would flee Earth of their own will. Even if an anti-Spacenoid government took power, they wouldn't be able to undo the damage done by Axis, and everyone would have to become a Spacenoid or starve.

>What the fuck ever happened to the "Earth is a nature preserve" shit you preached?
The Earth will get better in a few million years. And the Earth can wait that long, it's not like a human that needs things to improve within a decade or a century. If humans trash the Earth, they'll suffer, and either kill themselves or continue trashing the Earth indefinitely. In the former case, the Earth will improve after the humans kill themselves and can no longer pollute the Earth. Char is just speeding up that cycle, while making sure humans survive but are forced into space. The Earth understands, she's cool like that.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.