[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain 04

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: braver and jeanne.png (608KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
braver and jeanne.png
608KB, 640x477px
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=845026

"The Amazing Computer Game"

An amazing yet unfinished virtual reality game, capable of transmitting sights and sounds directly into the brain of the player is stolen by a programmer with a grudge against his own company. But the program has a flaw that the programmer aims to solve: prolonged usage can be fatal. Trapped within the virtual reality world, Solbrain must find and rescue the children from a nightmarish dungeon before it's too late to save them!

Notes:
I'm not going to claim that Solbrain came up with the idea of "people trapped in a VR game that face in real life death or brain death" like popular anime such as .hack, No Game No Life, and Sword Art Online. I say this because Westworld existed long before that, though Westworld was more of an amusement park than a VR simulation like this story is. Is it possible that all of these borrowed the story from Solbrain, or at least were inspired by it? I would say it's possible. This is the earliest "trapped in VR" story that I've run into. If you know of any others, please do let me know. Someone said "Ender's Game" but that's really quite different than this and the others I mentioned.

For an early episode, this is a very solid one. It has kids without being annoying. It uses costumes from other Toei properties without them being out of place. And everything in the story feels believable. In a time when VR is both a real technology and a popular story element, this story is definitely entertaining.

I do have one interesting note to make that you won't hear ANYWHERE ELSE: the original working title for this episode was "I Am a Game Hero". I know this because I own one of the original scripts used in production for this show, and it's crossed out and "The Amazing Computer Game" (Yume no Game Soft) is written in next to it.

Enjoy this great episode. Next one is weird, but entertaining.
>>
File: 1358727531867.jpg (39KB, 472x645px) Image search: [Google]
1358727531867.jpg
39KB, 472x645px
>mfw I thought only one episode was out and see this thread
>>
WE ARE VR!
>>
File: YOU DIED.png (312KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
YOU DIED.png
312KB, 638x477px
I know all of you don't check blog posts since I post these here, so I at least wanted this image to get posted here.
>>
Does TRON count?
>>
>>14675285
It's not VR as such, Jeff Bridges is directly scanned into data and physically sent into a computer system. Still basically the first mainstream media killer videogame plot though. Doctor Who had a virtual reality episode in 1976 but it was like a dream world-esque mutable reality inside a computer simulation, not a videogame.
>>
>>14675206
Thanks again for another Solbrain ep, SO. Given the Playstation VR trend, this one is more relevant than ever.
>>
>>14675206
You're a king among men, Sailor. Thank you so much for bringing more Metal Heroes to the masses.
>>
>>14678227
You're right. I'm thinking of the "your mind is in VR but your body is in the real world and dying" angle that has become so popular with the anime I mentioned in the OP. I can't think of anything prior to this that did that.
>>
>>14683750
I find it weird to think there's a concept that wasn't done in some form before the '90s, but then again VR is something specific to technology trends.
>>
>>14683750
>"your mind is in VR but your body is in the real world and dying"
the Star Wolf stories have one like this
I don't know if it made it into the toku show
>>
File: VRT.jpg (75KB, 800x413px) Image search: [Google]
VRT.jpg
75KB, 800x413px
>>14675224
>>
watching the first two eps. . the third is somehwhere on disc waiting, but still ...I have the feeling that this isn't the same as winspector, even though it should act as sequel. But I think it doesn't reach the level of w
Winspector. Is it only me? Does it get better? In term of "police drama". Or this was originally not that genre? Because, I miss something from Winspector. It isn't bad, just different.
>>
>>14684445
Weren't the non-Space Sheriff Metal Heroes really different from each other to an extent only 2000s Kamen Rider comes close to?
>>
>>14684475
don't know. As I remember, I've only seen Winspector inGerman at that time. Not sure, if they aired anything after that, probably not. So I can't compare.
But this is only after first two eps. Who knows, maybe after watching more, I will see the parallel between those two.
>>
>>14684445
Solbrain focuses more on the "rescue" part rather than police. You'll still get some pretty Winspector-ish episodes though especially when the Winspector cast pops up for an arc and in the 2nd half of the show.
>>
>>14684445
It gets much more police drama-y as it goes on. The action is toned down once the toys are introduced and it gets back to investigation and research with a minute or two of rescue hero action. There are several episodes that, like Winspector, could be done without the rescue action and it would still be just as interesting.
>>
>>14684475
Yeah, they were frequently violent and often weird. Jiraiya is one of the strangest (and most entertaining) shows I've watched just because of how weird it is. Juspion is also weird, but not quite as weird as Jiraiya.

Winspector and Solbrain are pretty down to earth. Exceedraft goes off the deep end about a weird Satan prophecy and Armageddon and stuff. Exceed was originally conceived as its own continuity and then it was brought in with Winspector and Solbrain when they found out Rescue Police was ending.
>>
Anyone here know what other Toei shows those monster suits were recycled from?
>>
>>14684868
>Exceedraft goes off the deep end about a weird Satan prophecy and Armageddon and stuff.
Hilariously, the producer went on to do GoGo V, which deals with a satanic demon clan trying to bring about the end of mankind.
>>
>>14675206
Thanks, man.
>>
Cool stuff! Thanks again!
>>
File: CROSS-CROSSOVER.png (433KB, 620x476px) Image search: [Google]
CROSS-CROSSOVER.png
433KB, 620x476px
>>14683865
The edition/copy/paste scenes of Spielban, Metalder and Shaider in this series was the BIGGEST mess ever created in tv history...

Dear lord, Saban gone tooooo far with this.
>>
>>14685392
Even if they weren't mixing series the edit would always be messy. They didn't have the actual suits from those shows, needing to rebuild everything, so the heroes could only interact with the villains in stock footage during most of season 1, and even season 2 had obvious limits due to the suits.
>>
>making kids experience the sensation of falling off a building

I mean, you did save them but that's sorta fucked up Daiki.
>>
>>14684868
>Jiraiya is one of the strangest (and most entertaining) shows I've watched just because of how weird it is
Waiting for quality raws is suffering.
>>
>>14685615
> "Suicide is the answer, kids!"
Damn, Daiki.
>>
File: ninja wars.jpg (38KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
ninja wars.jpg
38KB, 720x544px
>>14684475
>Weren't the non-Space Sheriff Metal Heroes really different from each other to an extent only 2000s Kamen Rider comes close to?
>>14684868
>Jiraiya is one of the strangest (and most entertaining) shows I've watched just because of how weird it is. Juspion is also weird, but not quite as weird as Jiraiya.
For me, that was the magic of the 80's.

85 --> 92 was great because of variety, nonsense plots and use of non-regular scripts. Space heroes x robots and witches (Jaspion and Spielban), cyborgs x monsters (Jiban), jap ninjas x ninjas from many countries (Jiraya), cops x everthing else (Winspector-Solbrain)... Those shows were fucking awesome because of that.

About Jiraiya, the non-jap ninjas from Vietnam, England, Turkey, USA, Africa were hilarious... Weird as fuck, but also fun as hell.
>>
>>14685692
>>14688326
I desperately want good DVD Jiraiya releases. People have been asking me if I want to do Jiban or something after Exceedraft... I would love to do Jiraiya because of how freaking weird it is.
>>
>>14688524
Plus it has Boi's actor from Zyuranger, which is neat.

I would honestly love to see both translated though, so it'd be all good either way.
>>
File: br-discs.jpg (220KB, 628x450px) Image search: [Google]
br-discs.jpg
220KB, 628x450px
>>14688524
>I desperately want good DVD Jiraiya releases.
Unfortunately, I can't help. However, one thing I can guarantee: avoid the Jiraiya BR discs at all costs. The reason is simple: episodes ripped from Toei Channel (with logo and shit), low video quality and the portuguese voices were not from the master files, but noisy audio from the web (the first brazilian licensor lost the original data). Besides the nice box and cards, it's bait. 3/10.

In other hand, the Jiban BR DVD was pretty neat: nice art, great video and all original voices (both jap and pt-br). 9/10.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.