[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doraemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 35

We haven't had one of these in a while, probably since the threads (that you can't even look up for the memories on the archive anymore due to the whole archive.moe meltdown) used the hype of the anime finally having reached the States (mainly) and a few other new countries as a vehicle to discuss the show, until Disney XD knocked the poor blue guy on his ass, and took the show off the air last October in the middle of second season reruns. The blame also likely lies with the Japanese companies directly behind the show's US distribution for being lax in their promotion of the show and not constantly pushing out new episodes.

There's a silver lining, however, which is actually the main reason for this thread: to be a PSA that the elusive dub for Stand By Me featuring the US VAs, that was first shown at the Tokyo International Film Festival in 2014 and only a few other places since then, was found on Japan's iTunes and ripped:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=838009

and I guess this is also timely since Doraemon is starting his Olympic mascot gig and showed up in that video preview thing next to Mario and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-08-21/japanese-prime-minister-cosplays-as-mario-at-the-olympics/.105627
>>
The movie was pretty good. It takes and mixes some stories from the manga, adds to them, and wraps them up into one cohesive, self-contained whole, so that even people unfamiliar with the franchise can drop in (but it should probably be noted that the longer the history with Doraemon someone has, the bigger the payoff will be). The CG is one of the best to come out of Japan, even rivaling western productions, and the dub's cast (JP VAs go without saying here) puts on nice and familiar performances with more variation than in the TV show.

It wasn't the tearjerker for me that it was for most of Japan, but the emotional and heartier moments were strong, pulled off quite well, and served to deepen my own love of the series in the end. Some of these being:

>Shizuka's dad consoling her, approving of her marriage to Nobita, and even sticking up for him. (In the dub, Steve Blum voiced Shizuka's dad in that scene. He was amazing in it.)
>The scenes where present/kid Nobita and future Nobita interact with each other, particularly the snowstorm one (Golden line: "We've got each other's backs... literally.")
>The scenes where Doraemon has to get ready to leave to go back to the future, where he's even broken up about it, but can't do anything about it because he is forced to

And the movie isn't even ENTIRELY a dramatic affair like the advertising would have people believe; there's equal parts comedy fun to balance it out.
>>
Also, this has like the best depiction of the future of the show. There's still a little of the charmingly hokey Fujiko Fujio retro-future in there, but everything is so modern and impressive-looking this time around.
>>
>>14673476
Was this the same crew that dubbed the series?
>>
>>14673510
>the elusive dub of Stand By Me featuring the US VAs

Yup. Bang Zoom and it's stable of VAs. It uses the English names for everyone, even.
>>
>>14673469
That's a great service that was done for the fanbase. Almost makes up for the lack of new Yojigen releases.
>Doraemon is starting his Olympic mascot gig and showed up in that video preview thing next to Mario and others.
He was pretty helpful in it, too.
>>
>>14673542
>That's a great service that was done for the fanbase. Almost makes up for the lack of new Yojigen releases.

ikr

And right after they said they were going to sub the 1979 series soon, too. No new Esper Mami since June of last year, either.
>>
Holy shit, I have not seen anything Doraemon related in years

Man why you have to take me on this uninitiated tour back down memory lane OP
>>
>>14673469
>Stand by Me dub is out
Oh yes, I loved the Disney XD dub despite everything before it came out pointing to it being shit
>>
>>14674432
Nixon's Enemies List was a great thing in dubbing.
>>
>>14674432
I had hope in it all along, honestly.

Well, some of the edits did reek of overprotectiveness, could still get pretty maddening at times, and their attempts to Americanize the show were laughable despite the massive Japanese cultural imprint (good things we got from it aside, like the test papers) that still showed through, but the scripts were faithful to the original stories and the VAs really brought out the characters (this being even moreso in Stand By Me's dub).

pic not related
>>
>>14673476
I skipped Stand By Me because I read the translated manga when I was younger, and I already knew about the storylines. but the present and future Nobita interaction part eludes me. Was it in the original manga?
>>
>>14673469
I laughed at the Mario thing. Most entertaining part of the shitfest that was the Rio Olympics.
>>
A clip of the really short-lived UK dub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYxHK0BhuXE
>>
>>14680664
isn't this just the usa dub with a different in ntro
>>
>>14680707
It should have been immediately noticeable by the VAing, but no, it's an alternate dub recorded in Hong Kong by LUK, the Spanish rights holders who have the license for Doraemon in most of Europe.

The only similarity between the US and UK dubs is that they use the English names for everyone (including Shizuka = Sue from the US anime dub) because those were hashed out internationally between Fujiko Pro people and Matt Alt and co. for the manga at the beginning of the decade.

Someone brought up in one of the old threads that the UK dub might be a case like the Big Green dubs for the Dragon Ball Z movies, and they turned to be kind of apt in that comparison, heh.
>>
>>14673476
Posting some sample clips from the movie.

http://webmshare.com/1OdVe

http://webmshare.com/jMN3g (I know Shizuka lewd is in some of the modern movies, but this particular one threw me for a loop, probably cause English. Also, kinda savage.)
>>
>>14685160
this was 3d originally, right?
>>
File: doraemon's birth 2112.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
doraemon's birth 2112.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>14685177
Yeah, that's mostly how it was screened in Japan. There's even rips of the 3D version lying around on the net.

It's evident in the flying scenes, and how a good amount of shots in the movie are in-your-face or have stuff going on the background.
>>
>>14685160

Skirt flipping with boy shorts is lewd? Please. Do they even have gratuitous Shizuka bathing sequences anymore?
>>
>>14686467
>There's even rips of the 3D version lying around on the net.
that's neat
how does that work with online rips, anyway?
>>
File: i refuse.png (144KB, 878x668px) Image search: [Google]
i refuse.png
144KB, 878x668px
Are there fansubs for the 2005 series and older? I will never accept the English dub and it's changed names because I have standards.
>>
File: 1405020141498.gif (2MB, 350x451px) Image search: [Google]
1405020141498.gif
2MB, 350x451px
>>14686496
Almost none in the 2005 show, and the scenes where we did see her bathing are far less explicit (from the ones I've seen). Maybe in some recent movies?

>>14686891
Yojigen, as said earlier in the thread, is a dedicated and consistent subgroup for the 2005 series that were branching out to other Fujiko F. Fujio adaptations like Esper Mami, and hinted at doing the '79 Doraemon series, but their people have been inactive for more than a year now.

http://yojigen.co/

Looking on Nyaa also pulls up subs of Doraemon material with varying sub quality. Hardly anything from the '79 show, though, aside from those pseudo-crabsticks where that one popular "gun" image comes from.
>>
>>14687879
>aside from those pseudo-crabsticks where that one popular "gun" image comes from.
I haven't checked them against my hk dvds but I'm pretty sure those are legit crabstick. I know "shit fuck what" and "what the hell that you kids are drinking beer" are from my dvds.
>>
>>14687893
Well, they're the ones here:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=310965

Don't think the grammar was sodomized that hard, though.
>>
>>14691491
Yeah the arr subs for Dora are those crabsticks. They're okay. They crab the names up a lot but usually they're decent
>>
File: dora2007.png (540KB, 856x386px) Image search: [Google]
dora2007.png
540KB, 856x386px
>>14687879
why is the new Doraemon movie so lewd?
>>
File: 1427420993781.jpg (184KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427420993781.jpg
184KB, 561x600px
>>14692717
if you're talking about the gif that's from the 2012 movie, Secret Gadget Museum.
>>
>>14695024
Oh yeah
>>
In case anyone's having trouble downloading some of the Yojigen-subbed stuff, the dub episodes, or just want DDL: there's this old MEGA folder I had with with 20+ subbed eps, the first season of the dub (didn't around to uploading the season 2 stuff that was available), and the old and new versions of Steel Troops subbed.

https://mega.nz/#F!5pg0nDyB!pSrxajUUYPidF0ozLh1b-Q

Also, regarding the episodes of the dub season 2 that weren't ripped, they can be found along with any other episode of seasons 1 and 2 on cable networks that have Disney XD on Demand or the Watch Disney XD app on phones/tablets, for anyone who wants to take a crack at those.
>>
>>14700338
>Also, regarding the episodes of the dub season 2 that weren't ripped, they can be found along with any other episode of seasons 1 and 2 on cable networks that have Disney XD on Demand or the Watch Disney XD app on phones/tablets, for anyone who wants to take a crack at those.
looks like they're up until the end of the year on my system
There's a decent chance I'll at least make a terrible cam of it pointed at my tv or something.
>>
File: dora screen cap.png (672KB, 1102x612px) Image search: [Google]
dora screen cap.png
672KB, 1102x612px
okay so I looks like I can bring it up on my computer
now I have to get a way to capture the video on the screen better than a cam
>>
>>14677100
Which one? There's one chapter where Nobita met his future part by pretending to be his son.
>>
>>14700391
>>14700372

That looks good.

Godspeed, if you can do it.
>>
File: some olympic pamphlet thing.jpg (287KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
some olympic pamphlet thing.jpg
287KB, 900x1200px
Did anyone else get to see the movie? And any thoughts?
>>
File: 20160907_101559.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_101559.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
I wish there were more physical English releases of the manga, or that Shogakukan Asia would release more volumes of the SEA release using the official English translation.

The Amazon Kindle digital versions are in full color (just started buying some of those despite my aversion to digital), are like 200 chapters in, and look great, but have less content, and there's nothing like actually having it on the shelf.

Though, a smarter Shogakukan/whoever is in charge would have already hooked up with Viz to get the full color versions in print already.
>>
>>14703076
That's just me hitting printscreen, but I suppose if that can pick up the image then random video capture program should have a chance at it
>>
good progress
first thing I tried recorded video
shit framerate and no audio, but it looks like there won't be any DRM-y bullshit to get around, which I figure is the biggest hurdle to clear.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160908-162358.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160908-162358.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>14709804
>>
File: 2007 movie 1.webm (3MB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
2007 movie 1.webm
3MB, 640x356px
The 2007 movie was also recently released with good subs. It's no Nobita's Dinosaur or New Steel Troops, but it was solid.

Lots of sakuga as usual for the modern Doraemon movies, the whole thing regarding Miyako and her family being kinda dark (demons and shit) with a bittersweet conclusion that adds to it, and the stuff regarding the stone statues of Doraemon and Nobita that fall from the sky in the beginning was out there in a very sci-fi way.
>>
>>1471944
Also it's funny how Nobita wished for the magic world but figures out that you have to learn/study it just like anything else, and knows nothing except how to flip skirts with it.
>>
>>14719448
>>14719488
Also, speaking of Mami, she made a cameo in the beginning as a magical girl on TV.
>>
>>14721860
>no more Mami subs for the foreseeable future
At the rate things are going, either Live-Evil or KofukuSub will eventually end up picking it, and they aren't the quickest subbers out there.
>>
>>14721875
Eh, as long as they're consistent, I don't really care who does it. It's a very charming show. Which reminds me that I need to watch the episodes they released past 10.

The Yojigen/SF people seemed so enthuiastic about their releases until they just suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.
>>
>>14723592
>>14719488
why does Shizuka still hanging out with these perverts?
>>
>>14719448
2007 and 2011 were the best remake, they've added more substance that actually worked to the whole storyline
>>
>>14725408
she likes it
>>
>>14725408
I'd guess it's because Shizuka is pure-hearted, sees the good in people and things, and is willing to let that stuff slide more easily because they're some of her best friends.

And in that particular situation, at least, some innocent magic skirt flips are nothing to dwell on when humanity is on the verge of being exterminated by demons.

>>14725410
Didn't know it was a remake, but considering how improved New Steel Troops was vs. the old one, like there being more details on Mechatopia and such, I'd believe that.
>>
http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/doraemon/EP01938159?aid=dxd

They changed the main picture on the Zap2it air times page that's been there since the show started airing on DXD to something with the current English logo.

Could mean something, could mean nothing. Who knows.
>>
>>14729604
if you quickly say zap2it dot com quickly without paying attention it's easy to say "zap tits"
>>
>>14674444
I was going through my old image folder and almost forgot about this.
>>
http://shop.doraemon.com/

The official website put up a store with shirts, some of the Bandai merch/toys that was /supposed/ to be sold in stores, and some comemmorative movie stuff. Which is good, I guess, but only the core fans will actually know.
>>
File: P1120118-n_1024x1024.jpg (53KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
P1120118-n_1024x1024.jpg
53KB, 1024x1024px
>>14738990
longdoraemon is long
>>
>>14674029
not-hyaku shiki best robot
>>
File: Heeros-laugh.png (148KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
Heeros-laugh.png
148KB, 250x309px
>>14736612
>The Nixon Administration's enemies list included skeletions, Poseidon and bizarro-Nixon
>Following the release of the tapes, Nixon and his two sisters became popular television reality stars
>The House of Representatives is one big mansion where government officials, live, work and [...] as they complete a series of challenges in hopes of being the last remaining contestant [to win] the million dollar prize

Holy fucking shit, that's fucking brilliant.
>>
>>14700338
Gonna upload those Season 2 dub eps soon for those having trouble with the torrents.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>14691491
>>14691814
How much references you get here?
FATHER 5 is EARTHBOUND 5, right?
>>
>>14747401
From left to right

Mario Kart, Nobunaga's Ambition (with the ambition replaced by something else), Mother, (Not sure)
Mario Kart, Monster Hunter Portable 3, Final Fantasy x Dragon Quest
Not sure about the lowest ones.
>>
>>14747431
The first Mario Kart was supposed to be Mario Tennis. Even the poses in the box is the same.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>14747401
>>14747434
and the monkey is wearing Perman's thing
>>
File: 1462740777663.gif (1011KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1462740777663.gif
1011KB, 500x251px
>>14706707
>no kinnikuman
>>
File: 51387_front.jpg (163KB, 500x910px) Image search: [Google]
51387_front.jpg
163KB, 500x910px
>>14747431
>(Not sure)

That one looks somewhat like Tactics Ogre.
>>
File: skican.png (800KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skican.png
800KB, 1280x720px
>>14743506
ikr
>>
>>14751699
>at the bottom
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.