[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The number of blurays or dvds a show has sold does in no way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1447622722508.jpg (20KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1447622722508.jpg
20KB, 575x323px
The number of blurays or dvds a show has sold does in no way indicate the actual amount of enjoyment that the people who bought it had with it.

So why do you keep using it to validate shows you like?

I see both Gundamfags and Macrossfags do it with their favourite shows to prove that they're better than some other fag's favourite show.
>>
The way the home media market in Japan works, sales do in fact say a lot about how much people enjoyed something. Anyone willing to spend the ridiculous amounts of money for two episodes in a single release, more than likely saw the content on TV already and liked it enough to support it.

It's still pretty ridiculous to judge shows by though, shit sells like crazy and gems go unnoticed all the time. Plus so much /m/ material relies on, or outright prioritizes, merchandise sales.
>>
>>14672981
>how much people enjoyed something.
It's more brand recognition than actual enjoyment
>>
>>14672981
>sales do in fact say a lot about how much people enjoyed something.
Are we sure about this, though? I mean there are so many anime that I loved and enjoyed a shit ton but wouldn't really shell out 100+ euros for. I mean for example, I don't much like Zeta Gundam at all but I would buy the BDs (not the american ones with the hot garbage OPs) just to have them.
There are also bonuses and stuff you have to take into account, like event tickets, that drive sales, and people who are just fans of a certain studio and like to support them, or particular voice actors. Again, if I could, I would buy most of my favourite voice actors and actresses' work just to show my support and admiration of their talents.
>>
>>14672966

I was never under the impression anyone was using them to validate their enjoyment, just that they were discussing one of the few hard figures we can get for how much other people are enjoying them and/or how well the show is doing. One is subjective, the other objective.
>>
>>14673071
Yes, like how G Reco fags were desperate in trying to prove that it was better than A/Z because it sold better (barely).
>>
>>14673076
Most things in recorded human history are better than A/Z though, to be fair.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.