[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gundam X any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: knock knock.png (2MB, 1139x838px) Image search: [Google]
knock knock.png
2MB, 1139x838px
Is Gundam X any good?
>>
File: 10338392p.jpg (197KB, 1200x757px) Image search: [Google]
10338392p.jpg
197KB, 1200x757px
>>14663884
No, watch G-Tekketsu instead.
>>
>>14663884
Just finished watching it myself.
Pretty good. Some parts are slower than others, but it's got a nice general aesthetic and it stands out from other gundam series.
It's got a pretty cute love story at the heart of it as well.
>>
its better then wing thats for sure
>>
>>14663884
>>14663884
It's interesting how they state that newtypes are just basically mutants, and they're not the saviors that a lot of people think they are.
>>
>>14663974

No it isn't. It's a dumb and pretentious way to end a series when such sentiments were already expressed by a few characters within early UC.
>>
Gundam Y was better.

Too bad the proposed gundam XYZ never did came to pass.
>>
>>14664008
Which completely dissuades the fact that most of the primary leads in the early UC shows are all super newtypes and are critical in situations revolving around humanity's fate.

Plus, X revolves entirely around newtypes and examines what precisely makes them special and desired, instead of just churning out synthetic newtypes and going "humanity is destroying their own evolution, how tragic!"
>>
>>14664008
Try actually criticizing something in your life without using buzzwords you've heard on 4chan and on TV
>>
File: (You).png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
10KB, 225x225px
>>14665037
>Pretentious isn't a legitimate phrase/criticism because I say so
>>
>>14663974
>It's interesting how they state that grab your destiny by your own hands whether you are newtype or not, and they are not your tool or agenda for your own megalomania.
>>
>>14665089
There, FTFY.
>>
File: double x lineart.png (73KB, 893x910px) Image search: [Google]
double x lineart.png
73KB, 893x910px
>>14663884
It has bad pacing, occasionally terrible musical production and two terrible episodes that nearly made me drop it. Fucking dolphins.

On the other hand, it's kind of like a toned down Mad Max with mobile suits. The lead is a charming little shit once he gets through his early series bitching and the Double X is my favorite Gundam design. The Airmaster and Leopard are pretty high on that list too.

Gundam X is probably my favorite Gundam series. You should watch it legally because it needs more love and I need more kits.
>>
>>14663884
Honestly it's really good. Definitely one of the better series. The story is fresh for Gundam, explores some new plots, and a cute love story. Also the mainline suits are sexy.

The biggest crime is that it was cancelled so they rushed through an end they didn't have time to set up. It feels lazy, and I bet it would have been better if they had time to explore the reasons that led up to the ending, but not a whole lot you could do.

newtype dolphins
>>
>>14663884
Nice spoiler, OP. Very nice spoiler.
>>
>>14663945
IS IT?
>>
File: kits never.jpg (678KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
kits never.jpg
678KB, 800x1133px
>>14665716
Yes.
>>
a lot of it was incredibly forgetable. but it had its moments, like newtype dolphins
>>
>>14665731
I never understood why that one guy used a cutting wire for a weapon and yet his suit had gigantic shoulders, even compared to the others.
>>
File: Esperansa II Gundam.jpg (167KB, 940x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Esperansa II Gundam.jpg
167KB, 940x1208px
>>14663884
Ennil El should have got her gundam
>>
File: Nrx-011-micromissilelauncher.jpg (14KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
Nrx-011-micromissilelauncher.jpg
14KB, 200x189px
>>14667796
You mean its missile pods?
>>
>>14669008
I really like the more curved and almost organic Gundam designs a lot more than the blocky ones.
>>
Pacing was bad (even the parts that happened before the cancellation was known).

I think it would have been a lot better if the earlier episodes were more about the broken down societies on earth and there had been more small scale conflicts between bandit groups and Jamil's vulture group. Instead we're thrust into the whole tifa is a newtype and is targeted by everyone storyline.

Also have a problem understanding why everyone who worked for Jamil was fine with them basically participating in a war free of charge for the sake of some girl they met very recently. None of the characters really seem as mercenary as they should be besides I guess the other 2 gundam pilots for a few episodes.

And honestly having the spacenoids being genocidal bastards again is a bit tiring. If it had never gone into space and dealt with the earthnoid civil war more in depth that would have been much better.
>>
>>14664721
>Which completely dissuades the fact that most of the primary leads in the early UC shows are all super newtypes and are critical in situations revolving around humanity's fate.

Considering how often the powers are used to make said leads miserable, not really.

While UC never outright just said it like X does, the actions within are all pretty telling.
Most major Newtype characters are either:

a) power mad people who buy into the 'The future belongs to Newtypes' rhetoric as an excuse to rule via some futuristic manifest destiny
or
b) The protagonists who, more often than not, didn't ask for their powers or believe for themselves that they will save the universe. There's occasional bouts of hope, but that's more in the broad sense of 'maybe this is a sign that all of humanity can change' than it is a direct 'Zeon Deikun was right! It's our duty to save everyone!'

There's actually that great little scene in F-91 that feels like it was put in almost in part to counter the audience read of Newtypes as messiahs - Birgit talking about hearing stories of them, in which they were described "some of the most miserable people you could ever meet."

X's view differs in that
a) it tries to present it more optimistically than UC did
and
b) it eventually just chooses to outright tell you what it's saying rather than keep showing you
>>
File: gundam-x-16g.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-x-16g.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>14663884
Like what everyone said, the pacing is a little rough but overall its a really fun watch and definitely one of the better AU gundams.

Garrod Ran is probably my favorite Protag as a whole for the Gundam Meta because he's a character thats born in a world of shit but rather than being an emo git like most Gundam protags are, he's pretty optimistic.
>>
>>14664113
>>>>/vp/
>>
>>14673083
That scene where Tifa fucks all those dolphins really caught me offguard
>>
File: 1414553387820.jpg (107KB, 1276x472px) Image search: [Google]
1414553387820.jpg
107KB, 1276x472px
>>14663884
I like it a lot, myself.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 242x208px
I've recently been getting into the /m/ lifestyle recently and I want to start watching Gundam. Should I start at the beginning? What are the must sees and what should be avoided?
>>
>>14674232
Start at 0079, watch in production order. Zeta and ZZ are in sort of a meme feud status, so just watch them both. Only ones I'd truly skip are SEED and SEED Destiny, but AGE, Reconguista in G, and Iron-Blooded Orphans are also usually disliked. But you should really watch them for yourself to decide.
>>
>>14674524
Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>14674232
0079 and 0080 are generally considered the must sees.
>>
>>14675971
G Reco is good, IBO is bad, Build Fighters 1 is pretty damn great, and Try is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>14665081
It isn't if you actually don't back it up. You literally don't know how to criticize or argue if you think you can just say something and LOL IT'S TRUE
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.