[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Delta have good Battroid fights?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 71-XiYCByYL._SL1500_-838x1024.jpg (92KB, 838x1024px) Image search: [Google]
71-XiYCByYL._SL1500_-838x1024.jpg
92KB, 838x1024px
I just started it and while I know Macross focuses more on dogfights they make w big deal of Hayate being a great Battroid pilot. So is there more of a focus on the Battroid instead of the other two modes?
>>
>>14661357

I'm pretty sure it has no battroid fights, at least so far. Most fights are just fighter mode and there's not really a whole lot of form changing going on.
>>
>>14661368
Why is Macross afraid of Battroid fights?
>>
File: 58499839_p2_master1200.jpg (629KB, 1200x937px) Image search: [Google]
58499839_p2_master1200.jpg
629KB, 1200x937px
It has 3, maybe 4 good fights tops, none of which are Battroid centric.

It's especially disappointing how weak the action is given how much better the VFs are compared to Frontier's.
>>
>>14661395
Since Keith and Messer are Rivals, does Bouge become Hayate's rival?
>>
>>14661398

No. Hayate doesn't really have a rival and the Keith/Messer one resolves after a while so there's no real intensity to a lot if the following fights since there's no personal investment on the part of the cast anymore.
>>
>>14661412
The fight in 13 was amazing.
>>
>>14661357

Sadly, no. Battroid fights are actually pretty rare in Delta, in that I can think of maybe one between a battroid and a Var victim early on.

The whole 'Hayate is best in Battroid mode' thing is dropped HARD to make room for 'every fight is a dog fight in slow motion in a sea of particle effects due to song buffs'.

I'm not even made about song buffs being a thing, but they happen so often now that its become stale and boring, and the fact that it drags the fight into slow mo makes every fight feel the same and absolutely kills the high speed action that Macross is best at.

If Hayate actually did stick with the 'shitty pilot, but great robofighter' and had to team up with Mirage on the battlefield to constantly cover his ass in the air? That would be a 10x better show than what we got.
>>
>>14661693
Sorry anon Delta is idolshit, everything is a prop for idols. And there's almost no Itano Circus. In Macross of all things.
>>
>>14661699

Weirdly, the idolshit isn't the problem. The writing and pacing is.

The idolshit at least is giving us good songs. The Windmere plot is okay, but the way its being handled is INCREDIBLY noninteractive for the main cast. No one does anything but react to whatever Windemere is doing right now, or wait to see what they do next.

Everything happens super slow, the mech fights have turned into really samey slowmo dogfights for no stakes because no one ever dies, and I'm really burnt out on Freya now because she is the only character that is ever allowed to do anything and the rest of the cast hangs on her performance to do anything.

If Delta was doing the rest of its job halfway decent, we would have a good show that happens to have idolshit in it. But they keep dropping the ball everywhere else but the music, and the music alone can't save the show.
>>
>>14661693
The problem with the fights in delta is that they aren't actually contests between pilot skill, but rather a contest between their supporting singers. It's less about who's a better pilot and more about who has a better connection with their background singers, which is why everything is slow mo particle fest. Because the focus isn't on the pilots, but the singers.

It also kills Hayate's character arc of becoming a better pilot, because it robs him of his own effort.

Hopefully whatever movie or continuation or whatever they eventually make of delta (or teh next series if they don't) focuses a little more on pilot skill in the future, but considering this series started out as high school idol resonating air shows I guess asking for a focus on dogfights instead of song combat is a little too much.
>>
>>14661723
>Everything happens super slow
ADHD.

>because she is the only character that is ever allowed to do anything and the rest of the cast hangs on her performance to do anything.

The last two episodes had little to no focus on Freyja at all. Guess you haven't watched them?

>No one does anything but react to whatever Windemere is doing right now, or wait to see what they do next.
Again, looks like you haven't actually watched the show.
>>
>>14661357
no because Delta is mostly Fighter mode fights.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.