[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry for asking what might be a basic question, but is Digimon /m/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Chaosdramon_X_258_(DCo).jpg (59KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chaosdramon_X_258_(DCo).jpg
59KB, 360x480px
Sorry for asking what might be a basic question, but is Digimon /m/ ?
>>
>>14657981
Digimon as a whole enters a grey area as there are certainly Digimon who are /m/ because they are giant robots, though they aren't the emphasis. You have the fact that most of them become Kaiju which really is only welcome on /m/ because the only other options are /jp/ or /TV/ and those places are complete shitholes so Kaiju threads more or less just stick to here. Then you have Xros Wars which is literally /m/ since the premise is Digimon Gattai together and Shoutmon pilots them while lead by Taiki.

So to answer your question: /m/ usually has threads about shit that's not exclusively mecha shows and have discussed general anime, just don't be a faggot about the thread and some will probably discuss it.
>>
>>14658275
>though they aren't the emphasis
Every Digimon show to date has the Digimon of the MC have a robotic or armored final form, and some of them even start off as robots.
>>
>>14658911
>Every Digimon show to date has the Digimon of the MC have a robotic or armored final form
No? They often include a cyborg form for the main character as a send up to MetalGreymon but few are robots and no main character outside of Yamato, Jian, Masaru, and Taiki have a partner whose final form is a robot/mechanized. If you want to include those with cyborg partners it only adds in Taichi, Takato, Iori (literally who?), Touma, and even then they all had single forms that were cyborg to varying degrees. Most are armored but stuff like Wargreymon or the royal knights don't wear power armor they are just wearing stylized normal armor, the only mecha royal knight is Omegamon.

Not mentioning Shoutmon's Xros evolutions because those are literally just mecha as i mentioned before.

>and some of them even start off as robots.
Literally no one except Ballistamon starts as a robot, and he isn't really anyone's partner. The closest you get to that is some of the spirits from Frontier since it had no partners and was a Toku show instead so you could argue that I guess.
>>
>>14657981
>Sorry for asking what might be a basic question, but is Digimon /m/

/m/ was created to get mecha off /a/ because Moot thought /m/ was cancer. Digifags like discussing the franchise on /m/ because we think /a/ is cancer. Turnabout is fair play.
>>
>>14659712
I hope you realize that you're quibbling over differences that essentially mean nothing.

The entire point of all this is basically that most (though not all) Digimon evolution lines end up causing the Digimon to be covered in metal by the end. For the comment about child partners, I was thinking of Shoutmon, which seems much like a cyborg as is.

>But stuff like Wargreymon or the royal knights don't wear power armor
Blatantly untrue; Magnamon can shoot lasers out of its armor, Ulforce V-Dramon's armor has a bracer sword and a beam shooting chestplate, Lord Knightmon has the straps from its armor extending for its special attack and so on. And fuck, aren't those things on War Greymon's back what allow it to fly?
>>
>>14659814
>The entire point of all this is basically that most (though not all) Digimon evolution lines end up causing the Digimon to be covered in metal by the end.
Not even most, a considerable percentage but a lot of Digimon are entirely organic

>>14659814
>Blatantly untrue; Magnamon can shoot lasers out of its armor, Ulforce V-Dramon's armor has a bracer sword and a beam shooting chestplate, Lord Knightmon has the straps from its armor extending for its special attack and so on.
Because they can manipulate the Digizoid or use their abilities through it. Remember the evolution makes their armor and ultimately all parts of it are just data, the armor is part of their body and can be manipulated to varying degrees. Remember their armor is not equipped it comes with their evolution. You could argue it I guess to being like Guyver though when you get down to it even that isn't accurate because the armor often is closer to just bring skin if anything and is not enhancing them.

LordKnightmon is a good argument in your favor, I forgot about its armor and pile bunker being how it fights. Magnamon is hard to argue using since he is literally a creature of miracles so his power could potentially make his armor do anything.

>And fuck, aren't those things on War Greymon's back what allow it to fly?
Nope, he flies on Superman rules

Ultimately, when it comes to the question of "is Digimon /m/?" I think the best answer is, who cares? It's close enough since there plenty of Kaiju, power armor, robot, heavy weapons, and other neat shit in different forms. And ultimately /m/ usually will talk about any anime that /a/ are too uncultured/uncivilized to actually discuss, so as long as the thread isn't just faggotry it's usually welcomed here in my experience.
>>
>>14659901
>ultimately all parts of it are just data
They aren't. Most Digimon shows have Digimon manifesting in the real world. It wouldn't make sense for them to still just be data at that point.

>the armor is part of their body
In which case they are basically a sentient robot/automaton much like a Transformer

>so as long as the thread isn't just faggotry it's usually welcomed here in my experience.
I don't watch toku, but by all accounts, /krg/ is a fucking travesty of a community, and yet they're still here for some reason
>>
>>14659929
>They aren't. Most Digimon shows have Digimon manifesting in the real world. It wouldn't make sense for them to still just be data at that point
You do know Digimon who realize, from the series that actually explain it, are not actually becoming real right? When Digimon realize they pull all ambient protein which reacts with electrical pulses carrying the data of the Digimon, causing the protein to become an unstable pseudo-protein that forms into the corporeal form they take in the real world and takes on the density of their features.

The explanation has been the same in Tamers, Savers, and iirc both Cyber Sleuth and the coded games use the same explanation so it seems to be a constant especially since every series when Digimon are destroyed in the real world they disintegrate into particles rather than leave a corpse.
>>
>>14659793
>Moot thought /m/ was cancer
>Waifu is Asuka
>Posted his collection of anime boxes of mecha stuff
>Played Cowboy Bebop music when he left
You're a fucktard, he may not constantly have posted here but he at least was generally interested in mecha.
>>
>>14657981
digimon is more /m/ than grown men in spandex
>>
>>14660342
Who the fuck is moot newfag?
>>
>>14660760
Simbly epin
>>
>>14660342
Mecha is like a reverse containment board. It wasn't established to preserve the board it separated from, but rather to give mecha it's own board away from /a/ where discussions could happen without fear of moeshitflinging and fotm crap knocking it to page 10 instantly. Moot was pretty entry level with mecha and pretty much only knew what was on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, but the days of TTGL or his love of Asuka shows that the cuck did like the genre.

Really /m/ mainly feels almost like a retirement home for people who have been on here for far too long, since mecha fans nowadays are usually an older crowd compared to previous decades.
>>
>>14661376
>Mecha is like a reverse containment board. It wasn't established to preserve the board it separated from, but rather to give mecha it's own board away from /a/ where discussions could happen without fear of moeshitflinging and fotm crap knocking it to page 10 instantly.

Oh fair enough. In that case all the more reason then.
>>
File: this_thread.gif (390KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
this_thread.gif
390KB, 250x188px
Is this a new Digimon General thread?
>>
File: toei2017_calendar.jpg (126KB, 859x726px) Image search: [Google]
toei2017_calendar.jpg
126KB, 859x726px
>>14663954
Eh, why not.

Here's the first unexciting five minutes of Tri Confession:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKvDBDxch0

And a very short PV for Appmon:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qbfdm
>>
>>14657981
Yes.

Savers > Tamers > Xross Wars > Adventure > Frontier > 02 >>>>>>>>>Young Hunters
>>
>>14665950
If you swap Xros and Adventure then put 02 down there with YH you have the same exact taste as me. Glad to see someone else loves Savers, tho.

I think Tamers is probably the best show overall but Savers was the most fun for me.
>>
Did anyone play the original card game?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.