[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this little girl the captain of Mithril?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

Why is this little girl the captain of Mithril?
>>
>>14657921
Why is Japan so obsessed by little girls?

Why do they think a perfectly attractive 26 year old woman is a hag just because she's over 25?
>>
Because OP. She solved all of Einsteins field equations when she was only a kid
>>
>>14657933
Is that a big deal?
>>
Japans favourite "this 5 year old girl is actually a 50 year old genius" trope
>>
File: comic296_zps6463473c.png (746KB, 567x1024px) Image search: [Google]
comic296_zps6463473c.png
746KB, 567x1024px
>>14657939
>>
>>14657932
>Why is Japan so obsessed by little girls?

Not Japan, otakus. Otakus are afraid of real women so the only relationship they can envision is that of them with an idealized pure litte girl.
Modern anime caters to these perverted dipshits so you have moe galore.
>>
>>14657947
>Modern anime caters to these perverted dipshits so you have moe galore.

Because those perverted dipshits are the only ones who buy the shit that keeps the market afloat.
>>
>>14657921
It's called appeasement. It's for the audience.
>>
>>14657957
Anime was a Mistake
>>
>>14657921
Because muh dick. Also, did you learn nothing from Nadescio? Cute captains are what's in.
>>
>>14657957

That's the biggest rub, isn't it? The Otaku got what they paid for, and left everybody else in the dust.
>>
File: 00.jpg (216KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
216KB, 1024x1018px
>>14657972
It doesn't really bother me truth be told. I love cute things as much as I do gritty sci-fi military drama and "kick reason to the curb" manliness.

I do wish we had more more muscles though. My biggest annoyances with older sister incest in doujins is that it's always some scrawny little girl with a penis they insist on calling their little brother.
>>
>>14657937
Dude

do you even need to ask
>>
>>14657921
Because someone so great deserves to be at the helm.
>>
>>14657921
Ever heard the expression sleeping your way to the top?
>>
>>14657957
That's circular logic though. Normal people don't buy shit precisely because they market things to otakus

>>14657994
>Older sister
That kind of contradicts your last point. Anyway, I just wish we had more adult characters in general. This is the one thing that makes me want to go back and play Xenosaga. Shion is a very, very unusual MC
>>
>>14657921
She has experience with rousing long hard things full of seamen
>>
>>14658221
I can agree with you, but I've resigned myself that TV anime is basically just a glorified ad for something, be it toys or the original source.

There's more variety in manga in my experience. I wish there was more actual horror in anime, but I've found plenty in manga.

>That kind of contradicts your last point
I guess what I mean to say is I dislike how older sister-younger brother incest has the brother always be a shota.
>>
>>14658260
/ss/ is the purest you faggot.
>>
>>14658260
And what I was saying is that the fact that said doujins sell disproves the statement about otaku only fantasizing about pure innocent little girls

Anyway, Tessa is kind of inappropriate in this context regardless because while she is certainly a teenager, she's also fairly forward and assertive. Sosuke is the pure innocent one
>>
>>14658268
/ss/ is shit. SHIT! Only yuri is worse! Purity means nothing!
>>
>>14658312
You've made a powerful enemy today, anon.
>>
>>14657932

Beyond Otaku's it's also because the Japanese mentality is that everyone over 25 is either a housewife or Salaryman and effectively an old geezer in all by appearance because their life is over until retirement.
>>
>>14658661
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder how Dai Guard even got made
>>
she doesn't even look that young.
>>
>>14658674

Because once in a rare rare rare Blue moon they'll do something where Salaryman are the leads of a show.

See also, that one show with the Salaryman that had to play guitar for some alien in space or something.

It doesn't sell to the typical shut in otaku crowd (who will die before ever being a salaryman) so they are rare, but once in a while they'll do something new.

I don't recall Dai Guard being a big success though.
>>
File: 1460010186525.jpg (74KB, 399x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460010186525.jpg
74KB, 399x640px
Tessa is a useless moe skank. My dick was diamonds when I saw Gauron use her as a footstool. She deserved it.
>>
>>14658698

this is exactly what japs really think
>>
>>14658221
>Normal people don't buy shit precisely because they market things to otakus
But when they try to market things to normal people they usually sell like shit because normal people don't usually care about anime, much less to buy overpriced blu rays.
Marketing to otakus is a safe bet in a niche medium.
>>
>>14658837
DVDs aren't as overpriced as blu-rays

And regardless, otaku pandering shows are still a minority even today, though of course that kind of shit is all you will ever see /a/ discuss. I don't think anime would still be able to exist if it had to rely on a demographic that is defined specifically by not having a job.
>>
>>14658889
>kind of shit is all you will ever see /a/ discuss
Spoken like someone who doesn't actually go to /a/.
>>
File: a day on a.jpg (168KB, 1301x604px) Image search: [Google]
a day on a.jpg
168KB, 1301x604px
>>14658918
Here's /a/'s catalog right now. From left to right:

>onee-sans
otaku fetishsm

>girls und panzer
pandering

>Dangan ronpa
not quite as pandering

>Nanoha
Definitely pandering

>parodies
defined by pandering

>SAO
Despite its popularity, you couldn't even ask for a show that panders harder

>buyfag
self-explanatory

>Mob Psycho
I legitimately know nothing about this one.

>Bleach
Kids/boys show. Not pandering

>Netoge
otaku fetishism

>GITS
Maybe a little pandering, but definitely not made with the modern otaku in mind

>/tg/ thread
smells like shitposting

>Saki Tanoshii
I know nothing about this one but that thread image screams "moe garbage"

>Jojo thread
Kid's show

So that's about 8-9 threads about otaku pandering shit on page 1 alone. And then you actually go in those threads and see that they're full of "which x would you y?" and "I want to x y" and so on. This is why I left /a/ long ago.
>>
>>14659006
>GuP is pandering
Fuck off, you didn't watch it you know nothing. The attention to detail was full autism even when concerning the plot and characters themselves.

Attention to historical and mechanical detail was 100% FUCKIN MINT.jpg

>Nanoha is pandering
Confirmed shitposter. What, is the entire fucking mahou shoujo genre pandering you fuckwit? Nanoha is one of the most played-straight MS there is. If you had said twintails you might have actually had a point but no. I'd hate to see what you have to say about Cardcaptor.
>>
>>14657921
She's the captain of Tuatha de Danaan, not Mithril.
And the reason is she's responsible for its design and making Dana.
>>
>>14659036
No I didn't watch GuP, but the mere fact that they had to put girls there means that they were appealing to the modern otaku. There's no reason for it otherwise.

Nanoha is absolutely pandering and you know it. Nanoha herself comes from an eroge for christ's sake, and the torture scenes are almost downright sexual. And that's not even getting into the mecha references, which, by the way, actually did make me watch it enough to get all the way through some of StrikerS, though I hadn't seen enough mecha to get most of the references when I did watch it.
>>
>>14658700
>I don't recall Dai Guard being a big success though.
That's Xebec's mecha stuff for you.
>>
>>14659036
>you didn't watch it you know nothing.
Well I did and it was pandering
>>
>>14659050
Yes there is. Why put boys in it? Then you're just pandering to the fujos by your logic. The reason it was girls was because it was supposed to be a sports anime about tanks, and males just wouldn't have been right with that combination. Who would have watched it besides the fujos? The mechanical presentation and attention to historical detail was second to none (to say nothing of the plot related details which were already excellently executed, especially surrounding the Nishizumi family autism and their connection to Sensha-do) but with shitty characters it would have been a forgettable seasonal entry in an otherwise decent season and nobody would have spoken about it again. Instead it took off big time and otaku had nearly nothing to do with it. The actual town of Oorai embraced it to the fullest.
>>
>>14657932
Because she has maybe 5 years of being perfectly attractive left, that isn't a good long term investment.
>>
>>14659119
>Why put boys in it? Then you're just pandering to the fujos by your logic
Look, for all I know, it could be incidental, but when the show specifically calls out the girls in the goddamn title as if it's a selling point, it's only fair for me to assume what they were trying to do there.

>family autism
Funny you mention that
>>
>>14658661
>everyone over 25
Oh, wow! I thought it was everyone 25 and older. Looks like I still have some months before I'm the male equivalent of a Christmas Cake.
>>
>>14659247
It's a 'Christmas cake' because no-one wants a Christmas cake after the 25th of December.
>>
>>14659255
I've heard the phrase, I was just too ditzy to see my contradiction.
>>
>>14657957
Better than western media that caters to SJWs
>>
>>14657921
Because she's its mother.
In the /m/echanical sense of the word.
>>
File: 1460947192327.jpg (63KB, 669x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460947192327.jpg
63KB, 669x720px
>>14657921
>thinks Mithril is the name of the submarine
>>
>>14658008
No that's...that's how Kaname replies.
Sorry...
>>
>>14657921
>The submarine is called the Tuatha de Danaan and.Mithril is the organization that she works for.
>>
>>14658762
Is she okay after that?
>>
>>14659119
How the fuck would it not have been right for it to be boys? I love GuP, but what you said makes no sense.
>>
>>14663832

isnt she also a leader of mithril?
>>
>>14663991
Unfortunately, it was part of an alternate time stream glimpse of the future ruse. Would have made a great end to her character though.
>>
>>14663991
iirc it was the TARTAROS fucking with everyone's head
>>
File: 1448058197890.png (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448058197890.png
379KB, 1280x720px
>>14659006
you seem to be judging most of these purely on artstyle.
kill you're self.
>>
>>14663752
Yeah, the grand total of four products that pander to the vast conspiracy you spend all day whining about.
>>
>>14658762

That's one way to sink a ship.
>>
>>14664258
The ship sank several books before that;
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-21-02-02.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-21-02-02.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14657921
Cuz she cute.
>>
>>14659006
Oh shit Vivid Blurays?

I wonder if the delay was because they had to iron out some legal stuff because Nanoha's voice actor left the company she'd been working for.

Or maybe they were busy reanimating the first couple episodes.
>>
>>14658310
>And what I was saying is that the fact that said doujins sell disproves the statement about otaku only fantasizing about pure innocent little girls

that's because that statement is an incomplete representation of the true reason, that otaku, being socially retarded nerds, are so terrified of other people that the only way they can imagine a sexual relationship is as one where there is a massive power imbalance in their favor, the easiest way to represent this being to represent the other party as significantly younger and more easily taken advantage of.
>>
>>14664847
That;s basically just a reassertion of the earlier point.

Doujins and visual novels are basically THE media that cater specifically to otaku, far moreso than anime on its own. This means that if doujins and VNs that depict relationships with a power imbalance favoring the non-self insert character and that sell (and there are), this would disprove otaku being restricted to this one singular fantasy.

And there's evidence of this elsewhere as well, such as how most haremshit finds a way to squeeze in a christmas cake or a girl from a rich family or something like that. Anyway, the point being that not all of them are into lolis. An unfortunately large number of them are, but their tastes can be as varied as men in general.

I mean, this is unless you're meaning to imply that it's female otaku who are doing the fantasizing in these cases, but there are several reasons to doubt that.
>>
>>14664003
No, the actual leader of Mithril is never named, just a few division heads.
>>
>>14667258
Isn't the Brit (Mallory, was it?) the overall head?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.