[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like mecha that stomp around, slip n' slide, or fly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1466833038414.jpg (8KB, 236x256px) Image search: [Google]
1466833038414.jpg
8KB, 236x256px
Do you like mecha that stomp around, slip n' slide, or fly?
>>
File: 1469107022596.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469107022596.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
Walking mechs = Slip'n'Slide mechs >>>>>>Flying mechs (why not just make a fighter plane at that point? you'd go way faster and have better maneuverability, does your flying machine really need to wield a sword?)
>>
>>14657285
All are good to me.
If it looks cool I like it.
>>
File: gungriffon_highmacs1.jpg (652KB, 1860x2309px) Image search: [Google]
gungriffon_highmacs1.jpg
652KB, 1860x2309px
>>14657285
High-macs does all three
>>
only if they make the votoms WHIRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
For flying mecha, I like robots that either need an attachment (Mazinger's Scrander), or have to unfold their wings/flight system (Getter Wing).
>>
I like all mechs.
>>
>>14657313
Post Moar GunGriffon
>>
>>14657285
Yes. As long as some effort is put into the animation or how the movement feels like. Mecha can stomp around but if it's just a shot of the upper torso bopping up and down it feels cheap. Same for mecha that are just pasted against the sky or space.
>>
>>14657369
Cape Getter Wing >>>>>> Wings Getter Wing
>>
>>14657301
This
>>
>>14657285
I like my big mechs to stomp around and my small mechs to slide
>>
Can someone give me some good examples of mechs that slip n' slide? I can only think of Knightmare Frames when they use their wheels, and Jehuty when I force it to the ground.

I wish ZOE had had a non-flight mode where you go through entire battles while blade-skating.
>>
>>14659230
If you're okay with hovering on the ground to slip and slide, just about every HM from L-Gaim, and a lot of Kobayashi redesigns.
>>
>>14659230
Modern destroids in Macross all have wheels for mobility.
Scopedog is also an obvious one, so are the Heavy Gears that are pretty much the western copy of it.
Front Mission wanzers can also don wheels.
>>
>>14657301
Minovsky particles necessitate close-range combat in space. Mechs with swords make perfect sense.
>>
>>14659230
Literally any Dom.
Armored Troopers.

>>14659259
This too, especially the Machineries and B-Class Heavy Metals, A-Class seem to spend a lot of time hopping around rather than sliding IMO.
>>
>>14659230
Dom/other mobile suits, pretty sure ACs do it as well, some of the more advanced VS from Lost Planet I think, and there's obviously more.
>>
>>14659280
Yeah, the ACs from ACV/VD probably skate the most.

Also the bot in Gigantic Army is a delicious Scopedog knockoff, complete with motorized rollerblades.
>>
iirc a bunch of robots from Powered Gear, and probably some Cyberbots and Kikaioh robots too?
>>
as long as they don't have wheels, any of them

sliding around, flying or stomping are all fine for me.
just please no wheels.
wheels are gross.
>>
>>14657369
for atmospheric flight, you mean, right?

I don't have problem with flying in space without attachments, since zero gravity
>>
on the PS2 Votoms when you start out STOMP STOMP STOMP oh here's the button VRERRRRRRRRRRRRRRM it's really really great

especially when you run people over
>>
>>14659274
>Mechs with swords make perfect sense.

I agree when we are talking about space combat, but in atmosphere flying mechs are dumb unless they have a secondary plane mode of some sort.
>>
File: 1444802266208.png (357KB, 551x645px) Image search: [Google]
1444802266208.png
357KB, 551x645px
>>14659230
In addition to what others have said there is also HeavyGears and the mechs from Panzer World Galient.
>>
>>14660079
How would you feel about feet studded with rotating spheres?

Or feet that slide around using synthetic slug slime?
>>
>>14660245
>Or feet that slide around using synthetic slug slime?
Why do you ask, is that a thing?

Like, that's not how the snail zoids get around, is it?
>>
>>14660245
>How would you feel about feet studded with rotating spheres?
that sounds like something a monster of the week bad guy robot would have
>>
I think slip'n'slide mecha just look really cool in motion, no matter how impractical it might actually be
>>
>>14660260
Mm, maybe I didn't convey that right. Imagine a giant robotic foot, and then on the bottom of the foot, instead of wheels, you'd have four giant BB-8s, either in a single line, or two-by-two, with the top half or so of the BB-8s inside the foot.

>>14660251
>is that a thing?
I can't remember any such thing. It just popped into my head, probably because a slug had stuck itself to my arm a few weeks ago, and I was fascinated and grossed out.
>>
>>14660090
>x is dumb
>while talking about giant robots
Pfft.

Not even that guy but c'mon.
>>
>>14660245
Tachikomas?
>>
File: tachikoma.jpg (58KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
tachikoma.jpg
58KB, 600x598px
>>14660494
Looks like they move around on wheels... oh, but if you replaced their "eyes" with their wheels, then yeah, that's the sort of sphere-spinning-around-in-a-socket I was going for.

A long time ago I saw a real-life video of this tall cylindrical robot which was moving around on a sphere at its base, somehow keeping balanced and upright the whole time, but I don't know how I'd search for it efficiently.
>>
Walking and flying are only great if given weight or a sense of power, otherwise sliding is the best
>>
Jetpack-stomping, thruster-skating, like-a-pig handling.
>>
>>14657285
Slipnsliders that can fly or just maneuver like skying in tribes ascend.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.