[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Zeon lose the One-Year War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17

File: WL9otGz.jpg (18KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
WL9otGz.jpg
18KB, 425x300px
What do you think?
>>
>>14655682

Not enough resources, and their shock tactic didn't pan out so when it was forced in to a war of attrition they didn't have the strength to compete with their opponent. They also put to much focus on having wonder weapons that'd win the war by their very presence, while the Federation simply churned out lots of GMs and over whelmed Zeon's under trained troops in all of their varied machines. Zeon put too much focus on aquatic suits and winning Earth via controlling the water instead of the land as well.
>>
>>14655682
All the command personnel backstabbing each other to be the best and thus dividing their forces into fighting both the Federation and to one-up their rivals.
>>
>>14655682
Their warcrimey blitzkrieg was just barely too weak to end the war (note the Revil situation to understand how close it was to being over). I would argue this was maybe the most important aspect to their defeat. As a result they ended up having to actually try to take and hold land. Due to their inferior production capacity/numbers, as well as being behind on a critical development (beam weaponry), they were driven back into space. It didn't help that a number of highly elite/influential military figures killed by White Base.

Zeon caught up in tech towards the end but it was way too late and many of their best pilots were already dead. It didn't help that there was infighting within the Zabi family. However even with a united Zabi family I think that the Zeon lost was inevitable; their real plan was to go for so much shock and awe that the Federation would just immediately sign a peace treaty.
>>
>>14655682
Because 0079 wasn't Zeonwank like the rest of UC.
>>
Reville stopped their shock tactics with his speech and got the EF's shit together. Zeon was never able to compete with the EF production ability.
>>
>>14655745
>Zeonwank like the rest of UC
>they still lose in the rest of UC
>>
>>14655745

It absolutely is. It has downtrodden Zeon troops who just want to be good like the guys who try to bomb the Gundam and help civilians, it has noble warriors like Ramba Ral, the Zabi's shittiness receives more focus and is painted as worse than the greater war crimes of the side as a whole like the colony drop and so on. Mean while the Federation outside of the White Base's crew are dickbags almost from the start, with the guy in charge of Luna II trying to court marshall the White Base's crew for sharing secrets and so on only a few episodes in to the show, most of Federation wanting to bow to Zeon because of the colony drop, using the White Base and the Gundam as bait etc.

If the rest of UC is Zeonwank, then so is 0079 and the rest are Zeonwank primarily because they follow 0079's lead.
>>
>>14655682
>Implying Zeon lost the OYW
DON'T BELIEVE TOMINO'S LIES!

ZEON DAMASHII!!
>>
Too many dumb superweapons sent after the White Devil and Trojan Horse.
>>
>>14655710
>wonder weapons
These were their only real hope though. There was no way that they could out produce the federation after they lost Odessa.
Something like the big zam took out like 20 Salamises and a tonne of GMs. If it weren't for Amuro and Sleggars kamikaze, it would have taken out even more.

Imagine if they had like 3 Big Zams at Aboa Qu.
>>
All the good commanders died. Fucking White Devil.
>>
>>14655805
Put your trip back on
>>
>>14655805

Sleggar didn't kamikaze. He didn't intend to die in the attack so it is not a kamikaze. His dying also didn't help ensure the suit's defeat, which was mostly due to Amuro's rage at his death and the beam saber's effectiveness when inside the I-field. Additionally, while the Big Zam took down say 20 Salamis', Char made his name by taking down 6 Salamis cruisers at Loum and mobile suits can and do taken down multiple ships on a regular basis. The Big Zam took out more, but it also needed more resources to produce and sustain as well as more troops to operate. The end result of having 1 Big Zam versus 3 Zakus or Gelgoogs is probably not worth the cost since those 3 are just as likely to match it's total kill count while taking less to make and supply.
>>
Zeons were like the fanatical Japanese Empire. During WW2, Japan lost a lot of their combat veterans early in the war while Americans would rotate their pilots and help train newer and inexperienced recruits.

A lot of parallels could also be traced to the Nazis, who also with their crippled luftwaffe had recruits fresh out of flight school trying to master ME-262s. We see something similar happen with the gelgoogs.
>>
>>14655825
Also the Big Zam can only operate for a fraction of the time of a Zaku squadron.
>>
>>14655825
Okay, it wasn't a kamikazee, fair enough.
Though in the movie version, Sleggar at least attracts some of the Zams toe rocket things. In the tv version, piloting the G-armour gave Amuro a little bit more protection. Either way I guess that's a moot point, since the point is that Amuros the reason why the Big Zam was killed either way. So I guess the question would be whether or not the average GM pilot would be skilled enough to get within beam sabering range.

>1 Big Zam versus 3 Zakus or Gelgoogs
I think the Big Zam would be way more effective than 3 zakus. Keep in mind that Char himself was an exceptional pilot. The sheer amount of fire power output by the bigzam is larger than that of 3 mobile suits. However I reckon that it'd cost more than an equivalence of 3 mobile suits. More like 7 or 10.

Anyway, I've forgotten where this was going. But In the end you're probably right. Either way Zeon's still fucked if they have 10 big zams or 100 mobile suits.

>>14655819
I'm not Black Knight. Zeon get fucked.
>>
>>14655682
Because they captured General Revill.
The EF was going to surrender at Antarctica until Revill gave his "No Soldiers Left In Zeon" speech after escaping, and that changed Antarctica from the EF's surrender to negotiating terms for limiting WMD's by both sides. If he'd never been captured, it would have been the One Month War.
>>
The only reason why Zeon had an upper foot at any point in the war is because the Fed didn't take them seriously at all until the colony drop.
>>
>>14655852

> Char himself was an exceptional pilot

He was, but Dozle wasn't exactly the average pilot either, so taking his use of the Big Zam as a standard is pretty silly. Especially when there's every chance it would be simplified and thus made less effective or defensively difficult to attack for mass production.
>>
>>14655870
It would have. The MP Big Zam in G Gen removes virtually all of the original's features aside from the main cannon. It would have essentially been a flightless Apsalus.
>>
>>14655790
>using the White Base and the Gundam as bait etc.
>What is strategy.
>>
>>14655682
Cause they fucking sucked at anything that wasn't committing a war crime.
>>
>>14656968

The same thing as using a colony as a missile. Strategy can be callous and dickish.
>>
File: Belkan-War.png (3MB, 1952x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Belkan-War.png
3MB, 1952x2000px
>>14655682
>Why did Zeon lose the One-Year War?

Same reason Belka lost.
>>
>>14655682

Because they declared war... on the ENTIRE EARTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFrcl6VGrDQ
>>
They allowed ideology to overcome common sense.
>>
File: c64.png (434KB, 788x1097px) Image search: [Google]
c64.png
434KB, 788x1097px
>>14658589
>>
>>14655745
This
>>
>>14655764
>But still portraying them as noble persons even if they slaughter more than 2/3 of humanity
GTFO
>>
>>14657899
They made one big mistake, they attacked MY HOME PLANET!
>>
>>14655790

>>14655790
>It has downtrodden Zeon troops who just want to be good like the guys who try to bomb the Gundam and help civilians, it has noble warriors like Ramba Ral, the Zabi's shittiness receives more focus and is painted as worse than the greater war crimes of the side as a whole like the colony drop and so on.

It also has people like Gene who shot up a neutral colony in his quest for glory.
M'quve who denies Ramba resources because they serve different commanders, and then goes on to whip out nukes at Odessa in the hopes he can intimidate Revil into backing off.
Boon who's totally fine with enlisting civilians to act as spies for the Zeonic cause, not because they believe in them, but simply because they need the money to live

>Mean while the Federation outside of the White Base's crew are dickbags almost from the start, with the guy in charge of Luna II trying to court marshall the White Base's crew for sharing secrets and so on only a few episodes in to the show, most of Federation wanting to bow to Zeon because of the colony drop, using the White Base and the Gundam as bait etc.

Wakkein actually comes around on the WB and becomes a pretty big supporter of them, even at the cost of his own life
Besides him there's also Revil, Lt. Matilda, Lt. Woody, Mosk Han.

This is sort of the whole point of MSG. Neither side is lily white or pitch black. Both sides have good people, bad people, and sometimes people who are capable of both.

It's not really about a right 'side', it's about what war brings out in people and trying to survive it.
>>
>>14658908

See that "if" I put at the start of the final sentence? That's because I personally agree with you, but think that if someone is going to accuse 0083, Unicorn or anything else of being Zeonwank they're basically saying 0079 is too and have no reason to excuse it besides personal bias, since a lot of the same things can be found there if you go looking. The comparisons only become more obvious if you look at any of the sequels. Zeta has the Titans, who are the Federation's problems made manifest and without restraint, ZZ has the Federation government give Neo-Zeon a home and then turn a blind eye for selfish reasons when she attempts a colony drop and CCA has them make a deal with Char for gold while One Year War survivors throw him a parade for dropping a colony.
>>
>>14655682
Limited resources.

Char backstabbing everyone.

To much faith in gimmicky crap like all the mobile armors.
>>
>>14658933
Honestly, I've always been confused by people claiming that there's Zeonwank in Gundam itself. I've only ever encountered it in the fandom, not the shows. You know, the people who argue that Zeon were the good guys, and all that nonsense.
>>
>>14655682
Because it's a cartoon and they're the antagonists
>>
>>14655682
ran out of people to genocide.
>>
Pretty simple really;
>Outpaced via production; Project V had lead to the GM mass production line
>Outpaced via technology; Miniaturized Beam weaponry kept as a closely guarded secret
>Outpaced via logistics; Zeon pursued too many super weapons while the Earth Federation churned out as many mass production units as it could muster

While Zeon had the upper hand being first on the scene with successful mobile suit technology, and ridiculous WMD capability. Earth Federation got its shit together with vastly superior numbers and much better guns.
>>
>>14656139
>Super Robot Wars
>canon
Why do you even do this, anon? The fact that it's gimped in a crossover fanfiction video game has fuck-all to do with anything.
>>
Not using superior pilot training as a way to counter Federation technological superiority.

A mere Gouf took on 3 Gundams simultaneously and just barely lost.

Imagine if Zaku pilots were better trained.
>>
>>14658589
That's more of an answer for why they started the OYW, I don't see how their ideology lost the war for them.
>>
>>14659542

Level-headed pragmatists should have run the Zeon military.
>>
>>14655825
>Char made his name by taking down 6 Salamis cruisers at Loum and mobile suits can and do taken down multiple ships on a regular basis.
Char made his name by destroying 5 Magellan battleships.

>>14655682
Because they were exhausted.
>>
>>14659574
For all the supposed 'good' people there were in Zeon, you'd think that there would have been at least a few generals or colonels who looked around and realized 'Holy shit, Gihren is fucking insane!' and tried to coup the Zabis. Even the Nazis had a couple of those.
>>
>>14659638

Personally I would have appointed Norris Packard supreme commander of Zeon.
>>
>>14659638
Pretty sure they were all exterminated before the war. I'm almost positive it came up once. Or if you want to believe the Plot to Assassinate Gihren, there were a few.
>>
>>14659524
It's not like you can just drop your stat points into Pilot Training and start producing a bunch of Norris Packard level pilots. If anything they started out with superior pilots, but lost them and lost the war for reasons beyond simply pilot skill.
>>
>>14659687
In yet another parallel, this is exactly what happened to the IJN in WWII.
>>
>>14659687

I would not have used up my ace pilots so early in the war. I would have held them back and had them supervise my mech training programs. They're just too vital.
>>
>>14659460
G Gen is not super robot wars you twat, its a purely gundam strategy game.
>>
>>14659638

Actually... There's a manga series about exactly that. Complete with Operation Valkyrie.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_The_Plot_to_Assassinate_Gihren
>>
File: 1405898804093.jpg (61KB, 404x345px) Image search: [Google]
1405898804093.jpg
61KB, 404x345px
>People always point out that the Nazis investing in wonder weapons is why they lost
>Meanwhile the country that won WW2 won it because of said wonder weapons (nukes)
>>
>>14664182
America had already won the Pacific War by then. It was a foregone conclusion for a variety of reasons. Atomic weapons just expedited Japan's surrender.
>>
>>14655682

Because they were dumber'n a sack of bricks.

Plus nazis are losers, it's a well-known fact.
>>
File: 1470326073964.jpg (140KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
1470326073964.jpg
140KB, 1280x896px
>>14655682
>They refused to aim for surrender after Loum.
>The invasion of Earth stretched their resources thin.
>They didn't want to attempt another colony drop because the PR fallout from Operation British was too high.
>Their MS development was scattered and over-specialized.
They wasted all their human talent on dumb shit. (Challia, Ginias, Ramba, etc.)
>After Project V was completed in Jaburo and the GMs started rolling off production lines, the upper hand mobile suits provided them completely evaporated.
>Amuro Ray was put on this Earth to murder Zeeks.
>Everything from firing the Solar Ray onwards was the Zabi family pointing a gun at their balls and unloading it.
>>
>>14659001
Nobody actually believes that. It's a bad meme.

Well, nobody with a brain anyway. Some people gere take their giant robot fiction too seriously.
>>
>>14664182
The USA was going win either way. Nukes just made the war cost(Manpowerwise, tools, ect...) less for the USA
>>
>>14664901
Some of the games and manga literally do have Zeonwankish things though, none in the anime.
>>
>>14664924
Less for Japan too. People think the US was the bearer of morality or something. They weren't as terrible as the Russians but if they hit the land they would have a cut a swath through Japan leaving dead civis and (maybe if the women survived) rape babies in their wake.
>>
>>14664930
>Japan leaving dead civis
When IJ was preping to arm every civilian that could fight with swords and shit it has nothing to do with America being amoral.
>>
>>14664881
>They refused to aim for surrender after Loum.
What are you talking about? Zeon did force the Federation toward surrender. The Antarctic treaty was originally held as the Federation's surrender treaty. Revil escaping from Side 3 and delivering a speech is what kept the Federation going.

>The invasion of Earth stretched their resources thin.
After the war was apparently not going to stop, they didn't have much of a choice. They can't just let the Federation lick their wounds in peace, so they decided for an invasion of Earth to try and keep the EFF on the defensive as well as trying to locate and take out Jaburo. Taking resources from rich regions helped offset the disadvantages too.

>They didn't want to attempt another colony drop because the PR fallout from Operation British was too high.
That's patently wrong. The Zeeks never officially took responsibility for gassing colonies, but they never regretted the colony drop. Zeon groups perform even MORE drop operations in 0083, 0088, and 0093. In fact, the battle of Loum happened because of the potential of another colony drop. Some databooks say Zeon was at Loum hijacking another colony for a second colony drop and was in the process of attaching engines when the Feds engaged them. MS Igloo and other databooks say the battle of Loum happened because the Zeeks intentionally leaked false intel about them attempting another colony drop and lured the EFSF's remaining fleet strength into a battle there. Either way, Zeon was more than willing to drop colonies (and asteroids).

Sure there's a fair share of Zeon soldiers that were disgusted by the colony drop, but they didn't give a shit about PR. Before the colony drop, use of nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons on the other sides already killed 2.5 to 3 billion spacenoids.
>>
>>14664937
I was going by The Origin. In it, Revil's escape was an orchestrated attempt by Kycilia to stretch the war out.

I'm not gonna go so far as to call it zeonwank but they went out of their way to make her and Ghiren more evil while making the rest of the spacenoids more noble/moral.
>>
>>14655682
The Zabi family
>>
>>14664944
What? In Origin it's Degwin who arranges for Revil to escape after thinking he's made a deal with him to have the EF surrender.
>>
>>14664182

> Germany was defeated because of Allied infantry
> Russia wasn't an enemy till after the war
> Japan as defeated in the Pacific because of Marines and admitted defeat at home because Russia wasn't going to help it broker a better deal with America

The bombs did drop, but Japan's surrender was coincidental and had nothing to do with the bombs in reality, so no, not really. Oh, and the Allies, a faction or confederacy won the war, not America.
>>
File: 1471370419982.jpg (77KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1471370419982.jpg
77KB, 900x506px
>>14664937
Just nuclear and chemical (in the case of iffish.) There were no biological weapons in use aside from Astaroth during the OYW, and even then, the majority of the damage to the colonies was done by plain old Musai cannon fire, since the MS-06C has been effectively retconned out of existence. (Come to think of it, I'm not sure it actually existed at all. Wasn't it a Gihren's Greed exclusive thing)
>>
>>14665034
>Oh, and the Allies, a faction or confederacy won the war, not America.

Slavbo please, Russia did shit all to defeat Japan besides take over some uninhabited island chain after America had already driven them back to the home islands.
>>
>>14665177

Not a Slav, but the point is the Pacific theater wasn't the entirety of the war, only a front. Nor was Japan the sole enemy.
>>
>>14665143
I'm not even sure Nukes were even used at all. None of the background sources that matter anymore actually mention them, and the only thing that shows them in action is Gihren's Greed and that game is explicitly stated to be full of shit more often than not, even with lore-compliant scenes.

Did Origin show them being used? I k ow it showed iffish getting gassed but I don't have the volume to clarify.
>>
>>14657899

>Listen Zeon you can't be a country anymore because you keep attacking...THE WORLD
>>
>>14655682
They got sucked into a war of attrition when their blitzkrieg stalled.

Everyone on Earth hated each other sure but they hated Zeon even more and nobody was in a mood to surrender any time soon.

Ergo the war went into "Nippon banzai/ Mein Ehre heist Treue" territory on both sides.
>>
>>14664944
Didn't Degwin let Revil go(kinda but not really) because he thought that Revil would argue for surrender(which backfired)?
>>
>>14665143
The nuclear bazooka toting MS-06C came about from early 80s databooks. The unit itself is still canon, the nuclear bazooka is sorta grey (no official art, the old Zeonography figures have one that looks suspiciously too much like the GP02A bazooka when they're just supposed to be 280mm bazooka shells with nuclear warheads as per the old databooks) and whether or not they nuked colonies with Zakus or at all is extremely vague now.
>>
>>14667183
According to Mark Simmons, it seems like the only thing retconned out was the nuclear warfare bit, and that the Zaku II F was in service by the start of the war as opposed to aftee the treaty, and was merely a minor upgrade in performance and electronics.
>>
>>14665034
Japan surrendered after the Soviets declared war and wiped out the Japanese army in Manchuria.

Nips weren't stupid, they saw the writing on the wall. A combined invasion of the US and USSR could have split the country forever.

So thanks to their timely surrender the Russians only got a few remote Japanese islands and North Korea.
>>
>>14655682
they went
>Zaku>Gouf>Dom>Gelgoog
with multiple companines fighting for their suit to be top, costing a lot of money. What they should have done was
Zaku>Act Zaku>Something with the Zaku body but more armored or faster.
As for the ocean attacks, they should have just used the Marine Zaku and later made a beam variant.
>>
>>14667721
>A combined invasion of the US and USSR could have split the country forever.
>Tfw we never got a North Japan and South Jaan in our world.

I wonder how crazy a Commie Japan could have gotten. It can't have been a crazy as North Korea, right?
>>
>>14655682
Zeonfags got too overconfident and paranoid
Char
Shitty suits
>>
>>14667737
Thats just the tradition of monster of the week shows, fighting new enemies.
>>
File: tmp_5770-PAL_boxcover1445054979.jpg (93KB, 640x926px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5770-PAL_boxcover1445054979.jpg
93KB, 640x926px
>>14668137
There is probably a parallel universe were this happened. All we have is a videogame.

Following WW2 communism was pretty strong. This is why the US never convicted any Japanese war criminals and decided to invest heavily in rebuilding Japan.

The Cold War was won because the US could outspend the Soviets.
>>
>>14655682
They had an entire battalion full of aces led by their god-tier ace Johnny Crimson Fucking Lightning Ridden, and all they did was baby sit a mobile factory while everyone else got their shit pushed in.

>>14664102
But Cecilia was pretty competent in that story as well, she lost to Henri sure but if you compared her to 0079 she would look like fucking Lelouch or Onii-sama and just roll over everyone with one keikaku.

I think it's impossible for Ark Performance to feature main characters for more than simple cameos like Char lamenting on having to grow up, cause it's probably impossible to justify how fucking stupid most of characters in power were for the main series.

Like imagine you had to re-write LOGH, and make Andrew Fork into a tragic strategic genius. How can you even do it without butchering the story hard? Same shit with Gundam. It says a lot when most would consider Yazan one of the most level headed characters in the TV franchises and he's just a pilot.
>>
>>14659148
Its funny because zeon along with char got the most development to the point where they ran the show not the earth feds. the feds got no world building or really good characters, no reason to really care about them. everything was riding on zeon.
>>
>>14655682

They lost because what they wanted was impossible. Like, rainbow unicorn fart impossible. They could fight and fight and fight for years (as many remnants did), but they will never obtain what they want

When victory is impossible, defeat is inevitable.
>>
>>14671805
>/pol/shit
>>
File: nofunzaku.png (306KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
nofunzaku.png
306KB, 500x522px
>>14671815
>>
>>14659389
>Vastly superior numbers and better guns
This, a Dom/Gouf/Zaku or almost everything Zeon made would get severely damaged/destroyed just by a shot from a GM at a decent distance and with 10 GMs the chances of that shot hitting go up by a ton.
>>
>>14659524
>Implying the Ground Types are anywhere near as powerful as the RX-78-2 Gundam
>Implying the pilot's skill plus the fact his Gouf had more options then a regular Gouf weren't key factors in him shit stomping the 08th MS team who, except for Shiro, were considerably above average.
>>
File: 1234316.png (144KB, 334x435px) Image search: [Google]
1234316.png
144KB, 334x435px
>>14675815
>Norris
>more skilled then Ral
>>
>>14671768
Are you talking about defeating the Federation or managing to completely gain dominion over Earth? The Federation could have been defeated had Zeons supply lines not been so spread thin during the latter sections of the war.

In terms of claiming dominion over Space and Earth, never going to happen. The Zabis were eventually going to end up in an internal civil war, and even if that did not totally destroy them, insurrection factions like Chars Neo Zeon and the Titans would have cropped up regardless of outcome of the OYW.
>>
>>14675860
I never said he was though.I said Norris was skilled and his Gouf had more options than the regular Gouf, I never even mentioned Ramba Ral
>>
>>14655682
Zabi inner struggle for power between space Hitler and his sister, which led to many good projects and ideas to be abandoned in favor of petty political gain plans. That compromised MS for sure, so they never got a good answer to the damn Gundam
Also fucking Char destroying Zeon from inside.
>>
>>14659524
>superior pilot training
The war lasted one year, even with the control systems of mobile suits being very easy to use for what they are, you can't just drum up ace pilots in a couple of months.

I mean shit modern military basic training for infantry takes months, mobile suit combat was brand new so it was a meat grinder for who would last the longest.
>>
>>14677598

Char indirectly got Garma killed. That was basically it until the war was over, at which point he killed Kycilia himself. He didn't do shit to tear Zeon apart. What tore them apart was Gihren's ambition.
>>
>>14666645
Only nuke use was to stop a second colony drop during the OYW, other than that I don't think nukes were used much
>>
>>14681133
Char very directly set Garma up to be killed, why do you think he did shit like fucking with the radio?
>>
>>14681188

> directly
> set him up to be killed

I don't think you know what indirect means anon. At least not in this context. He didn't kill Garma himself, he got him killed by someone else. Which means it was indirect. He might have had a heavy hand in events, but he still did it indirectly.
>>
>>14681188
As far as Char was concerned as soon as Deikun died it wasn't Zeon anymore, just a space army lead by a family of people who needed to fucking die
>>
File: 1243422.gif (949KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1243422.gif
949KB, 500x300px
>>14655682
They're the antagonists
>>
>>14655682
Google: "Why did Germany and Japan lose WW2"
>>
Idiocy and biting off way more than they could chew.

If they were fighting a "War of Independence" from Earth and the rest of the colonies, why would they then launch an invasion of Earth and begin assaulting other colonies?

What they should have done was put all available resources into the fortification of Side 3 and generated sufficient infrastructure for the colony to become entirely self-sufficient while protecting their territory.

Zekes are fucking stupid. The easiest way to win an all-out war is to not be the people who started the fucking thing. If you must start a fight, do it on your own turf, don't overextend yourselves with large-scale invasions you don't realistically have the tech or manpower to sustain long-term.
>>
>>14681231
In many ways a fitting description of imperial japan. An army and navy (and commercial combine) with its own state.
>>
File: Lovok.jpg (99KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Lovok.jpg
99KB, 700x525px
>>14681725

I think Lovok said it best (paraphrasing here), "We're completely surrounded. We need to consolidate our forces and make our stand here."
>>
>>14655682
Gene
>>
>>14658950
>Char backstabbing everyone

Char was the only one fucking up Whitebase and the Feds consistently when he had the chance during the OYW. You can't really question his commitment to the war effort.
>>
If Kamille had joined Char and Neo-Zeon they would have won prove me wrong
>>
>>14684965

I could instead just point out that Kamille would never join Neo Zeon, because Char's Counterattack Char is essentially everything he hates.
>>
>>14684995
a) Kamille is dumb
b) he has a Chard-on
c) Kamille gets augmented human/artificial newtyped into extra obedience and spergery.
>>
>>14685019

Kamille disagrees with and goes against Char regularly, so saying he has a Chard on is just factually incorrect. He's also not so stupid as to help Char after Lhasa at the very latest, though he'd almost just not join him full stop since the name Neo Zeon makes Char's intentions pretty obvious. As does stealing Luna II.

Oh, but maybe he'd brainwash him.so that Kamille would help despite it running contrary to the character? I mean that worked out so well every other time someone in UC has used science to fuck up some kid and try and make them follow orders that run contrary to their real wishes. There's way something like that could go wrong.
>>
>>14685044
>Oh, but maybe he'd brainwash him.so that Kamille would help despite it running contrary to the character? I mean that worked out so well every other time someone in UC has used science to fuck up some kid and try and make them follow orders that run contrary to their real wishes. There's way something like that could go wrong.
Char doesn't sit around watching Gundam all the time like you so he wouldn't know that.
>>
The Zabi family lost the war. Earth Federation was too exhausted after the OYW to absorb the principality allowing Zeon to become a republic so they won their independence in the end.

MSV-R: Return of Johnny Ridden explains this well.
>>
>>14685061

So now instead of debate you just want to resort to petty insults? Putting aside that brainwashing someone in to helping you means that they didn't actually join you, you just forced them against their will, brainwashing him would clearly result in Kamille rebelling and Char losing even harder, because that's how it works in Gundam. So if you're going to insist he's with Char by force (since its pretty obvious he'd never join Char by choice), then there's your proof.

He'd also probably be a worse pilot while under brainwashing since he'd probably be suffering physical side effects of the process or just a shadow of himself if the process was more complete.
>>
>>14655682
because they were the antagonists and they needed to sell toys and advertisements
>>
>>14658614
>>
File: 1407177622926.jpg (141KB, 600x880px)
1407177622926.jpg
141KB, 600x880px
>>14681725
>If they were fighting a "War of Independence" from Earth and the rest of the colonies, why would they then launch an invasion of Earth and begin assaulting other colonies?

Because that's what it started as, but once the Zabis got control everything went to shit. They changed the war from "Spacenoid independence" to "Spacenoid supremacy". Given the portrayals of various soldiers throughout the various OVAs, some loathsome some sympathetic, one can get the impression that not all were aware of what they were fighting for anymore. Some having bought all into the Übermensch genocide, but some still fully believing they were fighting for their independence against an oppressive federation.
>>
Since the OYW is basically a gigantic WW2 metaphor, everything that caused the Germans to lose is true for the Zeons. They got caught up in an attrition war that they were always going to lose, they mismanaged resources and had massive infighting and they fell behind in tech and never recovered.
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 645x1170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 645x1170px
>>14655682
Because of that goddamn Newtype piloting the white devil.
>>
>>14685130
This, before the Zabis took control it wasn't really even a war, just Deikun disagreed with Earth ruling colonies, made some speeches and gained enough following for the Feds to take him kind of serious, then Zabis take over and the Zeon that had some good intentions and was slowly earning more justification for the Feds to agree by having most of Side 3 and probably a considerable amount of spacenoids from other colonies that agreed with him.
>>
>>14685130
It honestly depends on what source we are going off of.

If we ignore Crossbone as a whole, then the whole reason they were invading Earth was due to Revil managing to escape Side 3 and convincing the Federation government to continue the war by expressing how tired Zeon was. Due to this, Zeon was forced to attack Earth directly to stop the flow of resources to the Federation and to strangle them into surrendering. Had Gihrens arrogance not stood in the way and he just went along with Dozles plans to fire bomb all of South America, the war might have ended sooner. Hell, had M'quve just requested Elran give Zeon the location of Jaburo before Odessa, the war could have ended before the attack on that base.

If we take Crossbone with any relevance, it was due to Jupiter basically having fisically by the nuts. Jupiter had sold massive amounts of Helium-3 reserves to Zeon at lowered rates under the idea that if Zeon gained its own autonomy, they would be able to have two diffrent markets competing for its helium-3 reserves, allowing them to completely subjugate Earth and Space in an economic victory. Due to that failing however, Jupiter basically was threatening to have all of its reserves sold only to the Federation unless Zeon had a way to continue paying the price they labeled. Due to that, Earths resources were needed to keep Jupiter from just selling only to the Federation.
>>
>>14685224
Those goddamned Jewvians, truly the ones behind every crisis faced by the Earth Sphere in their lust for wealth.
>>
>>14685190
Deikun was a delusional ass himself with his Contolism. Really abandon the only natural biosphere in the Sol System to be Newtype. Deikun wasn't a scientist he was a crazy philosopher.
>>
>>14685249
They were rather unfriendly fellows when it came to protecting money flows, but they became far worse than shekel lords once Crux Dogatie got cucked by the Federation.

Since Zeon was utterly destroyed for good after Hathaways Flash, Jupiter had no competing factions to play economy wars with. So they charged the shit out of the Federation for its Helium-3 supplies. Finally sick of Jupiters shit, they sent in a young Federation spy to seduce Crux and bare his young, then after he died, use the child to manipulate the prices to the Federations will. Crux finds out and basically sets up a war doctrine to genocide every living creature on Earth and to turn the Earth into a dead rock in the same manner as the moon.

After Crux died, his second wives brothers took and planned to holocaust the Earth with a colony laser capable of firing from Jupiter to Earth. they also failed and Cruxes daughter ends up taking over, turning Jupiter into a socialist haven that bows to the Federation. The old guard of the Jovian heirarchy resist and use the Zanscare movement to try to destroy the Federation again.
>>
>>14681133
You might even say it was...
Gihren's Greed
>>
File: fuck you char.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you char.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>14685019
>b) he has a Chard-on
(You)
>>
File: Kamille punches char.gif (1014KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille punches char.gif
1014KB, 500x375px
>>14686195
>>14685019

Wrong fucking pic damnit
>>
File: 1233785558137.jpg (101KB, 819x579px) Image search: [Google]
1233785558137.jpg
101KB, 819x579px
>>14685333
And then there's the damned Jovian Federation!
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.