[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why did EG abandon us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1354771191856.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1354771191856.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
So, why did EG abandon us?
>>
>>14649278
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

He burned himself out.
>>
because 10bit is placebo
>>
Because a company came out and released all 6 Tomino shows on Blu ray in what will be the space of 2 years.

That and Bunnyhat agreed to take over on G.
>>
He wants to take care of his real life. Some people grow out of this hobby. Be hopeful you are one of them.
>>
>>14650478
>Because a company came out and released all 6 Tomino shows on Blu ray in what will be the space of 2 years.
This has absolutely nothing to do with it, m8.
>>
>>14650818
It didn't, but it does make the work less valuable to a vast majority of people. As I've said before, I'm okay with that - it actually helps cement my retirement even more.

>>14649278
I will gladly help if people have questions, I'm still here daily.

>>14650489
True for the most part, but I'll be damned if a recent drug-induced dream wasn't basically CCA from the Earth perspective. I woke up that morning and had to watch it first thing.
>>
>>14653097
Why are your filesizes so large?
>>
>>14653120
Why do you hate grain? :)
>>
>>14653120
I always aimed for archival quality when possible. I obviously tried to keep it down, but the idea was to be able to use the releases farther into the future than most rips. If you look at a well-encoded DVD, the grain structure is shockingly retained, and even holds up when upscaled in HD. Obviously it's artifacted, but you won't see large swathes of the image become an artifacted mess. Again, I really do mean *well* encoded. Anime rarely fell in that category.
>>
>>14653097
Y-you and your work'll always be valuable to me
>>
>>14649278
Giving /m/ free stuff doesn't pay your bills
>>
>>14653144
What are some good examples of well encoded DVDs?
>>
>>14649278
He couldn't do it forever, plus all the Gendum will still make it to BD.
It's too bad there aren't any grain aficionados to replace him though.
>>
>>14653192
Most Hollywood discs, though these days, the standards have lowered as DVDs are the cheapo option, and it's far easier to shit out a solid BD encode, since H.264 encoding is quite mature and BD50s offer lots of breathing room. The original Zeta R1s were actually really well encoded, even if the masters were lousy by the BD's standards. The grain structure was great.
>>
>>14649319
it's about compression not quality, you stupid fuck
>>
>>14653190
lol this too. My electric bill was notably higher after months where I encoded lots.
>>
>>14653239
Adding to this, look at a lot of R2J discs that I used as superior sources for releases with heavy color correction. G, Turn-A, Victory, etc. They were DVD rips, but they held up quite well even with heavy alterations because the encoding was solid.
>>
Speaking of /m/ related content creators, are the Rayearth subs done? And did anything come of the Angel Cop manga?
>>
>>14653961
Xpearse sort of recently had a release of season 1's BDs if that's what you're referring to in terms of Rayearth.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.