[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NGE and /m/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: wtf_shinji.jpg (21KB, 479x282px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_shinji.jpg
21KB, 479x282px
So, does /m/ like Evangelion ? I'm a fan of the original series and of course The End, and I don't think any other mecha and/or anime in general had the same impact on me as a human being than Eva.
/m/ says yes or thinks it's overhyped weeb bullshit ?
>>
/m/ likes NGE fine, it's just there's a vocal group of haters that shitpost in every thread.
>>
>>14641250
Overhyped bullshit.
>>
>>14641277
Plz develop
>>
>>14641250

Its overrated by the anime mainstream, but it was actually a really good series. When people say it "deconstructed" mecha they don't know what they are talking about, but that is a problem with people, not the show.
>>
>>14641282
No.
>>
>>14641250
It's not as deep as people make it out to be but I found the series, itself, to be very enjoyable.
>>
File: 1467163994504.jpg (301KB, 740x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1467163994504.jpg
301KB, 740x1008px
>>14641250
>Evangelion
>mecha
>>
File: tumblr_n2x1v5Tvxy1r7k51co1_500.gif (972KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2x1v5Tvxy1r7k51co1_500.gif
972KB, 500x385px
>>14641291
To me, the story behind the writing of Eva is super interesting, the state of despair that Anno was in when he did NGE
>>
>>14641250
of course /m/ likes Evangelion

/thread
>>
>>14641309
I honestly hesitated between /a/ and /m/ for this thread. The fact that Evangelion could be considered as something else than mecha is a good sign that it was good to me
>>
>>14641250
I personally hate it, the characters don't interest me. Though I feel alot of people here like it too.
>>
>>14641250
I think it's somewhat underrated.
We need to send our children to Anno for his use. Yet we don't
>>
I think Evangelion is great. I hated The End though, I thought it derailed all the characters.

Don't get my started on Rebuild, I felt betrayed by 3.33.
>>
>>14641286
It's deconstruction is mainly in its characters, where most are common archetypes.
>>
File: dancelikeuwant2win.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
dancelikeuwant2win.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>14641250
>overhyped weeb bullshit
Why are you asking us? This board is full of weaboos. Excepting battle tech fans or whatever.

Eva is great, even if you just like mecha action. EoE has a fucking fantastic fight with Asuka vs the MP evas, and the shows early MotW stuff is great.
>>
>>14641250

I just cant like it when the rebuilds to me are so much better. So I cant go back
>>
>>14641309
As a wise man once said
>Intelligence is knowing NGE is a mech anime
>Wisdom is knowing its not.
>>
File: 1357182952022.png (217KB, 369x358px) Image search: [Google]
1357182952022.png
217KB, 369x358px
>it's another I like mecha but only eva thread
>please let me fit in
>>
>>14641250
I don't identify as a regular of /m/ but Eva is still my favorite anime after watching 200+ series and 80+ movies. It's great, the designs are unique as hell and fights are all amazing and each one is a set piece. The explanation/science of the Evas is great and super fascinating and are directly and actively apart of the plot. So without even getting into the other typical conversation that Eva brings with it just on those points it's a great mecha.
>>
>>14642287
They really feel tasteless compared to the original imo, you can't rush 26 episodes of character development into movies. Everybody in the Rebuilds seem bland
>>14642319
I feel you
>>14642344
Hey i don't only like Eva ! I like...Gunbuster, too.
No but for real, lately Gundam Thunderbolt was the only good mecha OVA
>>
>>14641250

I couldn't bear to watch Eva so something might be wrong about it.
>>
/m/ only likes jet alone because the eva units are too popular
>>
I don't really like it but it wasn't bad.
>>
>>14641250
put it this way:

if Shinji bugs you, don't watch. he gets WORSE as the show goes further.

if you can tolerate him, the show's a trip.

Evangelion is best watched high as a kite.
>>
>>14642519
I feel like Shinji as the pussy he is was important, the fact that he is as useless in society as any 4chan user.
I still don't get all the hate about him, i mean, his voice is bearable (in the japanese version at least) and the anime wouldn't be the same with
a Kenshiro or Spike Spiegel type of hero. The whole series is based at him being a pussy. Kaworu, and by so the Angels, try to use up the fact that he's a pussy that nobody loves to try to fuck NERV and by extension humanity. The End of Evangelion is Shinji accepting the fact that he's a pussy. I think it was just Anno's way of accepting himself as a pussy, and without irony I think that it's a good thing
>>
>>14642475
>Hey i don't only like Eva ! I like...Gunbuster, too.
>I only like this other work because it has the same director XD

>Gundam Thunderbolt was the only good mecha OVA
Hardly the only good mecha ova.

And this is the state of /m/ these days. Bunch of newfags thinking they know shit about mecha because they watched Eva and Code Geass.
>>
>>14642567
I still don't see why people call Shinji a pussy.
Yeah he's scared when he gets in the eva the first time and can barely move, but he still accepted his responsibility and got in. Amuro was the same at first. The difference being that the zakus were literally incapable of hurting the gundam. Being a pussy isn't about being incompetent, it's about not accepting responsibility. Shinji had the oppurtunity to run away from his responsibility to stop 3rd impact but he never did. He got close, but he still got in the robot. The bravest thing you can do is to accept your fears and soldier on regardless of how afraid you are.
>>
File: 1357182899204.png (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1357182899204.png
7KB, 150x150px
>>14642589
>Then give them recommendations
Lurk more.
>>
>>14642578
Man I was just being a bit ironic, I thought you'd understand that. I'm kinda new to mecha, but still have watched more things than what Anno did, even if his work on those two series is top tier
>>
>>14642605
I find Gunbuster mediocre in every way possible.

This is the reason why I don't think Anno is even on the same level as a guy like Tomino (Gundam) or Imagawa (Giant Robo).

Eva was just a one time hit he can't recreate. He was better as an animator.
>>
>>14642608
Called him pussy because it was shorter than >timid, depressed and has some pretty clear issues with his sexuality
To talk a bit more about how good and inventive Eva was, did we ever see Amuro's fucking sexual frustration
>>
>>14642618
I don't think Gunbuster is mediocre, its end saved it. It's not as interesting in its theme as Macross : Do You Remeber love, but you can't tell it wasn't good.
Anno's present work is trash tho, The Rebuilds are shitty and apparently the last Godzilla is meh, so the dude better have another depression so he can make better things soon
>>
File: 1364422977376.jpg (1MB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1364422977376.jpg
1MB, 1024x1280px
>>14642642
Sure thing. Episode 6's ending was bittersweet, but it doesn't excuse the run of the mill episodes that came before it.

When I think of an ova like Giant Robo with top good visual direction and writing, Gunbuster feels like it didn't have much thoughts put into it. It was literally a mecha parody of Aim for the Ace.
>>
>>14642620
>To talk a bit more about how good and inventive Eva was, did we ever see Amuro's fucking sexual frustration

I don't think Amuro ever had time to be sexually frustrated. Shinji got a lot of time between Angel fights to chill with Assuka. Amuros time spent between fighting zeon was usually spent sleeping or maintaining the Gundam.
>>
File: grendizerota.png (140KB, 671x478px) Image search: [Google]
grendizerota.png
140KB, 671x478px
>>14642620
>>14642732
Did you even watch MSG? You might be getting away with saying shit like that on other clueless boards, but this is /m/.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Matilda_Ajan

Sexual frustration? Nigger, go watch or read some Mazinger. You don't know what sexual frustration is till you experience a Go Nagai property.
>>
>>14642761
Matilda was like a one off thing. If anything Fraw was the sexually frustrated one.
>>
>>14642777
I don't understand your logic. How does that make it void because it's a one off thing? Amuro experienced frustration.
>>
File: newfag.jpg (861KB, 1000x3973px) Image search: [Google]
newfag.jpg
861KB, 1000x3973px
I will update this chart myself one day, but for now this is what you need.
>>
>>14642812
I truly am a newfag, but I know my manga history.
I'm not trying to say "Lel, Eva was awesome cuz robots and masturbation but everything else sucks XD", I'm just trying to see if /m/ thinks Eva was actually important in mecha and/or anime history. Of course it's not "Go Nagai creates fucking Mazinger Z" kind of important
>>
>>14641250
It's overhyped, overanalyzed, weebbullshit with a reputation for attracting pseudo-intellectuals where it isn't uncommon after about 20 years for them analyze the viscousity of Shinji's cum then guess his diet and attribute it to his mental state at the time then praise it for being "highly detailed" & "Smart" for being a deconstruction that only plays common tropes straight and doesn't attempt to question them or offer any counterpoint.

But that has nothing to do with the actual show, which is okay except for it's massive budgeting issues toward the end.

>>14642618
Honestly the first half of Nadia The Secret of Blue Water is one of the better things Anno worked on. Gunbuster is pretty much only good for the animation since the actual script is shit IMO.
>>
>>14644870
>plays common tropes straight
I mean averts most of them. Don't know why I wrote that.
>>
File: shinji coffee 4.png (667KB, 1276x714px) Image search: [Google]
shinji coffee 4.png
667KB, 1276x714px
I enjoy it, anon
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.