[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I watch it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 42535.jpg (51KB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51KB, 225x324px
Should I watch it?
>>
>>14639751
How's your alcohol tolerance?
>>
>>14639821
never drank before m8
>>
>>14639831
Then if you're gonna watch AGE, you might wanna start.
>>
>>14639751
Yes its better than Trans Spam 00 until you hit the third part...
>>
>>14639751
Play it instead, at least that way you'll get more variants.
>>
It's boring, and kind of ugly to look at.
>>
>>14639751
Part 1 and 2 aka the first 2 generations are actually good and have a bunch of neat fights and episodes. Parts 3 and 4 however are fairly sub par
>>
>>14639751
Just watch Aldnoah Zero、you get the same experience in less episodes.
>>
Not really, no.

Play the game if you can. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>14640041

Parts 1 and 2 were retarded too.

The thing about AGE, OP, is that it's easily the biggest waste of potential in the history of mecha anime. For all the shit this series got about looking kiddy, they had a very interesting premise. A hundred year long, generation-bridging war between man and an unknown enemy. And the mech design was sick.

But every character is so fucking stupid, and the writing is so fucking stupid, with plotlines just being dropped, timeskips where nothing fucking changed in like 20 years, and all sorts of other shit. Literally no one not named Asuno is important in the grand scheme of things.

And the saddest part about AGE, is that it has some really good characters. Grodek in the first gen is so dark, mature, and driven that he wouldn't be out of place in some hard sci-fi UC spinoff. Wolf is entertaining, fun, but surprisingly levelheaded in the second season. Seric from gen 3 is the hero we all deserved.

And they're all totally wasted on this shit show.

But yeah OP you should watch it anyway. I recommend that you get a dual monitor setup and watch this and SEED Destiny at the same time.
>>
File: 1347804496462.gif (460KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1347804496462.gif
460KB, 400x225px
>>14640759
>No mention of Obright
>Was the best of the Diva non-Aces in gen 2 and that was in an inferior ms to the other two.
>Was a non-x rounder in a modified outdated Ms and still took out two x rounders in high preformance ms.
>>
>>14639751
If you want to watch a low quality msg, zeta, and zz with some CCA and martians mixed in...

Then I would suggest you watch seed and seed destiny
>>
Generation 1 was the worst.
Generation 3 was pretty crappy.
Generation 2 was pretty good.
Generation 4 was transcendent. (Transcendently beautiful.)
>>
>>14642182
>Generation 4
I meant part four, "Three Generations". There was no Generation 4. Or at least we didn't see it. The generation where Kio's son has to fight against Zera Gins, who leads Neo Vagan against Earth just to prove to Kio that his life wasn't worth saving. Those are the last thirty-seven years of the One-hundred Years War.
>>
File: Legilis_cockpit.jpg (118KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Legilis_cockpit.jpg
118KB, 1600x900px
Come for the potential, stay for the peeling Gundam face!
>>
AGE is simply underwhelming in every way.

The concept of a story spawning over generation is compelling, but the characters and setting are handled in such a childish/simplistic way that you don't really care for them. It's like watching Pokémon hoping for a intriguing plot and smart dialogue.
>>
>>14642255
Legilis is a great design.
>>
>>14640759
This.

It was like the writers got into a war in office on how to write the show. You can tell seeing how everyone can't make up their mind on how everyone is portrayed.

Characters are wasted left and right, the treatment of the women is worst I ever seen in Gundam. Doesn't anyone even remember Wendy?
>>
>>14639751
>>14639831
Zowe?
>>
>>14644319
http://pastebin.com/UPL0DnKH
>>
>>14639751
+Best A.U. Gundam consept for beginners
+Multi generation story was most shiny idea for post-00 era.
+Most unique designs for post-00 era.
+Good VA cast, great songs and OSTs.
+AGE HG's plastic saving just like a silent revolution.
-Pacing was good. Almost all episodes includued a Mecha action, (focused or as a side detail) and this show not steal our time with never ending fiilers like IBO.
-Animation quality easily drops
-/m/ fans wants pscyho killer MC's and this makes AGE MC's shit tier (even they're not shit tier) and you should judge this show with own opinions.
-Many subplots stays unfinished or well-expressed.
.AG gunpla is a greatest Gunpla disappointment of post-00 era.
-There is not a well-writed Boss or Rival. (Maybe 2nd Arc's Zeheart should counted be a exception)
-Female characters aren't well expressed.
>>
I think it's a solid mid-level Gundam show that's definitely worth watching, especially now it's well past the usual "newest Gundam show is the worst Gundam show ever" circlejerk
>>
>>14644350
>-Animation quality easily drops

If you care about action it's one of the best animated Gundam shows there is
>>
File: 1470548890141s.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470548890141s.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>elementary school kid claims to be able to predict attacks from enemy to his elementary school teacher

dropped
>>
>>14644350
>-There is not a well-writed Boss or Rival. (Maybe 2nd Arc's Zeheart should counted be a exception)
Zeheart is good in the movie. And Desil was an entertaining villain.
>>
>>14644439
what part of BOY GENIUS you don't understand?
>>
>>14644451
It was established he wasn't being taken seriously, too, which is why that was his outlet.
>>
>>14639751
Yes. It's not the greatest thing ever, but its fun. You like fun, right?
>>
Captain's tier:
Based Tier
Grodek, nuff said

Moe Tier
Einus, she just landed in a role she didn't undestand and did her best to fight

Disapopintment Tier
Millais, Flit was in the ship all the time and commanded more than her
>>
>>14645201
Nofunallowed.png
>>
>>14644463

> We take this kid seriously enough to give him all our resources and let him build a mobile suit capable of fighting the enemy
> We don't take this kid seriously enough to listen to him about enemy attacks

It was a pretty badly handled situation and really his mathematical formula was kind of pointless anyways.

>>14645222

Did Einus ever actually do anything? Flit did more commanding than her too if I recall.
>>
>>14644350
This thread convinced me to pick up AGE. I'm 7 eps in how long before the animation goes to shit because so far I'm struggling to wonder how studio 3 fucked up IBO but this show looks decent so far.
>>
>>14645769
>so far I'm struggling to wonder
Fuck it I'm going to bed.
>>
>>14645310

Capt. Anus killed her own love interest.
>>
>>14640041
Part 2 is irrelevant garbage.
>>
>>14644302
True
>>
>>14644350
>.AG gunpla is a greatest Gunpla disappointment of post-00 era.

That's to be except since it's a beginners grade model that was meant for Japanese only arcade game.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Grade
>>
Overall I don't recommend watching it.

I liked the first part but I could never take it seriously.
>>
>>14639751
No, huge waste of potential and easily the most forgettable gundam series out there
>>
File: fourages.jpg (76KB, 960x535px) Image search: [Google]
fourages.jpg
76KB, 960x535px
>>14644302
I would also like to say I do like all the AGE Gundams as well. Yes they are simple but they work.

I'll probably buy the HGs of those next after I finish the main S1 Gundams of 00.
>>
>>14644350
>AGE HG's plastic saving just like a silent revolution.

It had downright terrible sales and directly contributed to the development of p bandai as a safe vehicle to offset financial risk from future failures such as AGE.
>>
>>14647848

The AGE Gundam kits are genius. The reason I watched AGE is because of these kits.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.