[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MoShow 00 Quan[T] and /m's attitude to 3rd party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

Ok so it's not gunpla and not a toy, so I don't know where it belongs.
What do you guys think of it?
And do you think that buying a 3rd party figure(not a KO) is immoral/wrong?
>>
>>14637998
Not as immoral as Bandai's Webshop exclusive Jewery.

3P is fine in my book, hell even Hasbro now has to cater to older G1 fans with their newer figures because 3P has fucking destroyed them for years.
>>
File: Mo show.jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mo show.jpg
90KB, 800x800px
>>14637998
>And do you think that buying a 3rd party figure(not a KO) is immoral/wrong?

Bandai are a bunch of thieves. Fuck their web exclusive. And fuck their greed too. The first metal build was 12,000 yen, then they realized the success and have raised the price in a totally absurd way. But up to the Strike Freedom, there was at least one undoubted quality, now with the Astray red and blue they have worsened the materials. The Blue astray at 24,000 yen is a big fuck no.

In the case of Mo Show specifically, their Strike Gundam 1/72 was spectacular, so I will take this too.

(In any case, the metal builds ( and so Damashii and other) are all made and mounted in China)
>>
If third parties give us products we would never get from Bandai then I don't see anything wrong with them.

Like seriously, I'm surprised we never got a MB 00Q despite it being more popular than 00R.

I'll probably go with the Fanmade 00Q though, cause it looks fucking sick.
>>
>>14638182
The 1/72 Strike looks like shit though. They could've at least bothered to use an updated design instead of the old hilariously stubby Aile Striker.

Anyway the MoShow 00Q looks nice, but it isn't nearly as radical a redesign as I've come to expect from the MB line. I'll pass on it.
>>
>>14638182
My friend bought me the MB gold frame. any flaws i should know about it?
>>
>>14639236
MB Gold Frame predated Red/Blue, it's perfectly fine even if you go by that anon's standards.

Honestly couldn't even tell you what's supposed to be wrong with MB Red, it's perfectly solid. Worst I can say is that it's really not that much different from the MG beyond the nice paint job and more stylized look.
>>
>>14639165
Wut? The only metal builds with different design are the Destiny and the Strike Freedom , because the originals sucked. 00S, 00Raiser and Exia are all identical to their master grade counterpart. I 'm not sure about what the hell you want here.

>Honestly couldn't even tell you what's supposed to be wrong with MB Red.

White parts are plastic without painting. They used only some light coat. Put next to it the Destiny or Gold Astray and you realize immediately how the Red frame is more cheap.

>Any flaws i should know about it?

It's edgy, even just pick it up with your hands is dangerous.
>>
>>14637998
I have a few rules re getting bootlegs / 3rd party.

If Bandai has not yet made a legit item of said third party product, I will buy it.

Though I do tend to choose a legit Bandai product, if the quality of the 3rd party or bootleg equals the original for a significantly cheaper price, then I have no issues at all getting a bootleg.

Also, pic related. You know if Bandai makes it, it'll be highway robbery.
>>
>>14637998
I find rather strange that Bandai did not do a QuanT MB.
>>
File: Front+left[1].jpg (160KB, 1600x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Front+left[1].jpg
160KB, 1600x1029px
>>14639924
>00S, 00Raiser and Exia are all identical to their master grade counterpart.

That's not true at all.
>>
>>14640203
I wish I could take the thighs and shoulder cables of the metal build and put them on the master grade...

Exia 2.0 when Bandai?
>>
>>14640203
So metal builds are better than a master grade?
>>
>>14639924
>00S, 00Raiser and Exia are all identical to their master grade counterpart.

Consider getting glasses.
>>
>>14640324
I wont say they are but from my experiences they are due to how sturdy/weighty they are along with some good ass articulation and detailing on minor things.

Also mare the metal parts made with diecast? Im afraid of my shit chipping.
>>
>>14640324
MBs are more stylized and have most of the details and tampos already printed on them
add the fact they are sturdier due to the diecast, so yeah, they are better IMO, save for the ass raping prices

as for OP, anyone here bought that Huckebein MB figure those guys made?
>>
I bought mostly Transformers third party items before I got bored with that franchise in general, so I really don't give a fuck desu. As long as the quality is good, I'll pick it up, KO or not.
>>
>>14640324
Depends on how much you like the proportions and whether an MG already exists that gives you more or less the same things.

For example, I bought MB Exia because its overall design and stability is far better than the MG. But the MG Freedom 2.0 kinda makes the MB redundant.
>>
File: a6c3757f.jpg (587KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a6c3757f.jpg
587KB, 853x1280px
>>14640867
>But the MG Freedom 2.0 kinda makes the MB redundant

But there is not kit with the Strike Freedom MB design. I personally think that not even the SF perfect grade is as beautiful as the MB.
For Destiny, i seem to remember that they have made a kit with the edgy design.
>>
>>14640902
I meant the Freedom, not Strike Freedom. But yes, the latter does look amazing in MB form. Too bad I can't in good conscience allow my wallet to be raped that hard.
>>
>>14640902
>edgy design
I almost killed myself when i first grabbed my gold frame.
Anyone with the gold frame know how to place the huge handblade in amatsus hand witgou scrapping the paint off the knuckles? because i fucked up already.
>>
>>14640902
Dragon Momoko MG SF metal build when?
>>
>>14640867
>the MG Freedom 2.0 kinda makes the MB redundant.
well obivously, since the 2.0 just came out, and the MB is already ancient, not to mention it has a lot of issues, mainly with the wings sagging down after some time

I do have the MB SF and holy shit, it is beautiful
>>
>>14640996
>wing sag
That shit frightens me the most, thats why i rarely display any mb thats even remotely back heavy.
>>
>>14640867
The Freedom 2.0 and the MB Freedom have completely different stylings, it's not an issue at all.

>>14641043
Learn to future.
>>
>>14637998
Third party is fine as long as it isn't chinkshit.
>>
>>14639143
>MB 00Q despite it being more popular than 00R

I don't know where you got that idea, but 00 Raiser is way more popular. Also doesn't help that 00 Q was in the movie for 5 minutes.
>>
>>14642159
Chinese product superior, Japanese inferior.

Well there are some notably good Chinese products that are surpass Japanese quality even at half the cost. Namely Moshow 1/72 Strike, Weij Jiang Transformers and BB7 Seekers.
>>
>>14642210
what are you talking about, they're more likely made in the same factories as the official bandai ones. All the Bandai figures are made in China. It's only the model kits that are made in Japan.
>>
>>14640492
>as for OP, anyone here bought that Huckebein MB figure those guys made?

I got it, it's ok only.
Some joints are loose, noticeable glue marks, extending launcher does not lock, loose front skirts. It's nice if you want some thing to fit with the MB 1/100 scale.

MoShow has much better design and quality control compare to Fanmade.
>>
I love my Dragon Momoko Akatsuki.
>>
One thing that aways that aways got me bothered about model kits is the paint and detailing (save some sharp ends). Right, metal builds solve the detailing problem, but they aways look so...Plastic and lifeless, without that glossy shine. You'd think that in the CURRENT YEAR somebody would have solved that.
>>
>>14645894
>Plastic and lifeless, without that glossy shine

not sure what you are talking about, you want it Glossy?
>>
File: P1300239.jpg (506KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1300239.jpg
506KB, 1600x1200px
>>14645894
>lifeless
what?
>>
>>14645894
>One thing that aways that aways got me bothered about model kits is the paint and detailing

That is literally the point of modelling.
>>
File: P1310732.jpg (449KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1310732.jpg
449KB, 1600x1200px
>>14645894
the seed MBs are pretty glossy, gold frame especially due to that black armor
the 00 ones have a flat finish and at least the Exias looks much better than the MG kits
>>
>>14639143
Can sb link sth where I can get more info on this?
I've never heard of other MB Quantas... Looks like we're starting to get competition in 3rd party Gundam franchise.

>>14646307
Yeah, MB Exia is exceptional even now.
Other ,,old" MBs have got somewhat old by now.
>>
>>14640991

this.

this is the only thing that matters
>>
>>14645894
>but they aways look so...Plastic and lifeless

Eh?
>>
File: 1431566952525.png (250KB, 487x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431566952525.png
250KB, 487x600px
>>14645894
Do you even know the shit thats spewing out of your inarticulate mouth?

>>14646229
>mfw i get fingerprints on it or when my friend scratched the gloss coating 12 hours after getting it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.