[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masked Rider Kuuga BD raws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Kuuga thumbs up.png (680KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kuuga thumbs up.png
680KB, 848x480px
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=841898

Send the old DVD raws to bit hell where they belong.
>>
>>14637972
The time has come
And so have I

Looks like it's time to update all my Kuuga thumbs up screenshots
>>
>BD
>480p

Summin ain't right
>>
>>14639156
480p can still be BD
>>
>>14637972
hey man, where's the rest of GGG?
>>
>>14639156
They didn't use an actual HD source, so it's not really worth bothering with higher res.
>>
>>14639156
I'm pretty sure Kuuga and a lot of other toku from that period were recorded on tape, so they're locked at SD resolutions. The higher bitrate allowed by BD can still improve image quality though.
>>
>>14637972
Thank you! Downloading right now. Can someone confirm if eng subs are included? I'm inclined to say "no" because of the torrent and this thread's title but reading through the description it kinda gives me the idea that there are subs available somewhere.
>>
>>14640107
Kuuga was shot on early HD tape, but they edited it in 480i. Only a couple things on the BD were re-edited from the 1080i source.
>>
>>14640446
No subs, you'll have to wait a decade or two for MCS to get on that.
>>
>>14640461
Someone can try resynch the existing DVD rip subtitles. If it's like the Toei channel rerun, some episodes might have practically identical timing.
>>
>>14640626
Thing is, the current subs for the latter half of the show are shit, they are speedsubs at best and guesssubs at worst. MCS has been teasing the redo of them forever but it's been a while since we last saw something, maybe because they wanted to wait until they had these raws so they could put out the definitive version of Kuuga.
>>
>>14640107

Kuuga is the one pre-Wizard show that can be released in HD without upscaling. Kuuga was shot on 1080, but special effects were all done in 480. For an HD release they'd just have to redo all of the effects... but that costs money.
>>
>>14640677
Looking at the supposed actual HD stuff in this batch, ie Kuuga Special, it doesn't look very good. It's extremely soft, softer than something like Kamen Rider Decade. Not really worth more than 720p.
>>
>>14640642
I think someone from the group said that they had to replace whoever was translating signs, and their new guy (Sailor Otaku) is kind of busy with his own thing, so it might not just be video issues.
>>
>>14640710
>>14640458
>>14640107
>>14639422
>>14639156

So, Kuuga was shot in 1080i, so each field of the original tape has 1920x540 of actual info. As long as the final encode is going to be progressive, it's rarely going to be worth keeping at 1080.

As for why the episodes are 480, it's because they were edited letterboxed in SD. The blurays are 1080i upscales of video that's about 704x360i. And I wish they'rd have kept them in an SD letterbox, as the end result would have been much better.

>>14640677
Rider's been fully produced in HD since Hibiki.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.