[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still the best AU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Gundam00.jpg (35KB, 298x399px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam00.jpg
35KB, 298x399px
Still the best AU?
>>
Either that or Turn A. The franchise isn't exactly brimming with competition on that front.
>>
>>14633085
Cosmic Era followed by Anno Domini and After War
>>14633109
Go back to ANN
>>
>>14633112
>tells people to go back to ANN
>puts Cosmic Era in first place
Very funny, senpai.
>>
>>14633112
SEEDfags are feeling daring lately.
>>
>>14633120
we're pirates, ARGH!
>>
>>14633109
>The franchise isn't exactly brimming with competition on that front.
You're forgetting G and X.
>>
Does Build Fighters count? If not, I'll probably go with 00 or G.
>>
File: 1462666242768.png (2MB, 3163x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1462666242768.png
2MB, 3163x1685px
FC > AW > Lacroa > AD (00) > AC > AD (BF) > CE > AG

Reguild and Correct Century fall under UC, of course.
>>
>>14633085

It and G are the only ones I really like. I'd count Turn-A as well I guess, since it's my favourite Gundam, but it's a weird case since it both is and isn't an AU. Even if you want to count it as part of UC, it's so far removed from it chronologically and thematically as well as unrecognisable physically that it might as well be an AU regardless. I prefer G of the two though.

X is okay, and certainly better than Wing, SEED, Destiny, AGE or IBO but I mostly like it's idea rather than its execution, which is mostly kind of dull in practice.

>>14633128

I wouldn't count Build Fighters as an AU personally since it and Gunpla Builders are basically different shows using Gundam as a base rather than a new take on old idea like G and other AUs. It's a pretty vague differential though and hard to word in a way that excludes one and not the rest, suggesting it's an artificial difference I want more than really exists.
>>
>>14633085
>Still the best AU?

No, it's the best timeline bar none.
>>
>>14633085
G
BF
W
X
Gunpla Builders
SD Gundam
>>
>>14633115
CE as a universe is pretty great. Astray and Stargazer do a good job of highlighting some of the more interesting stuff the main two series barely touched upon. I'd say as an AU, CE is the best but Seed isn't the best TV series that takes place in an AU.
>>
>>14633085
Anno Domini, but the CE had a lot of potential then squandered it. When I see G it'll probably dethrone AD.
>>
It still astounds me how much people like it, after all the shit it got during and immediately after it's airing. I mean, it makes me happy, since it's one of my favorite in the franchise, but I'm still flabbergasted by the turn-around in sentiment. I guess that's what almost a decade will do.
>>
>>14633127
This
>>
>>14635582
Speaking as a non-Gundam fan who has only bothered to watch 2 AUs and nothing else, 00 was pretty okay. I only really watched it because I heard it was very over the top and ridiculous for a Gundam show. It didn't quite deliver on that in the way I was wanting until the 00 Raiser rolled around, but it still kept things going in enough of an unrealistic direction to drag me along. I'd still watch G over 00 any day though.
>>
>>14633127
>G and X
No, he isn't.
>>
>>14636496
nigga your taste is shit
>>
>>14637811

I love how it's always the people with the lowest standards spouting this crap. I can't speak for G, but X is the blandest, most uninspired piece of crap I've seen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.