[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't NERV weaponize the Lance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (5KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 240x155px
The Lance Of Longinus is the only other thing to penetrate an A.T. Field. Could it be possible to make Longinus bullets?
>>
Maybe it's possible if they had an image that wasn't fucking tiny
>>
File: 1gg.jpg (898KB, 2685x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1gg.jpg
898KB, 2685x1170px
>>14631395
I dunno, ask some Anima-fag
>>
>>14631498
was this ever translated? seemed cool
>>
>>14631498
Anima is so batshit insane that I can't help but love it. It's great.
>>
>>14631395
They did. The MP Eva series had them. It just took a long time to make them, and NERV Japan was low on the priority list for getting them because SEELE didn't want Gendo to have them.
>>
>>14631395
A.T. fields can only be penetrated by 2 means:
1. A sentient weapon with it's own A.T. field cancellation. The Longinus is actually alive and adapts itself to fight, like when it penetrates and kills Areal.
2. An incredibly powerful force like a N2 mine, though this is only partially successful. The positron rifle.

SO like if the bullets were alive, sure you could penetrate the field and kill it.
>>
File: 1468707633001.png (268KB, 441x342px) Image search: [Google]
1468707633001.png
268KB, 441x342px
>>14631498
What the heck is goin' on here?
>>
That thing chose a boy and combined with him and his giant robot mom to make a kilometer-long tree of nerves to sink them all into God's waiting pineal pussy because it liked the way he screamed. It's less trustworthy than the lobotomized cyborg frankensteins.
>>
>>14631395

Theoretically, yes. Its just very, very difficult to do.

The Lance is a tool of/control rod for Seed of Life beings like Adam and Lilith. It is arguable the most powerful piece of alien technology mankind has ever encountered, and its full potential is only awakened when used alongside a powerful AT Field. We only ever saw a tiny fraction of the potential of the Lance, and it was mostly used for brute force.

Seele did learn to make imperfect Lance copies to give to the MP Evas, but even these were a late game tech and dramatically inferior to the genuine article.

Reverse engineering the Lance into easy to use bullets is like asking why they don't just give AT fields to tanks. Its really not that simple, even if it might theoretically be possible one day for future humanity.
>>
>>14631395
Too expensive
>>
so knights of sidonia
>>
>>14633163
No just use the lance material as a jacket/tip for projectiles. Not the whole lance.
>>
>>14631395
Your mom weaponized my Lance of Longness
>>
>>14639258
You need a whole lance, there ain't no homeopathic solution here son. You think they made the original that big just for show?
>>
>>14639258
they'd run out.
>>
>>14633163
Giving A.T. Fields to tanks is easy.
1.have Core material.
2.Power source.
3.use crew in tandem to provide soul.

No. It wouldn't be as powerful as an Eva but it could be useful.
>>
>>14631395
>Why didn't NERV weaponize the Lance?
it's already a weapon, dipshit
>>
File: eva.jpg (1MB, 4092x2893px)
eva.jpg
1MB, 4092x2893px
Just make some more Evas with a really pointy shape and various boosters attached. They're effectively sentient, break through AT fields and work just like a Longinus lance.
>>
SEELE wanted to hold the LanceĀ“s secrets to themselves and weaponized it to great effect so the Mass production Evas could use it.

In the new movies though, Unit 5 uses a copy of the lance against the 3rd Angel, and in the third movie everyone has Anti A.T field technology:the Mark 04 series use copies of the lance as normal weapons and Wille has Anti A.T field bullets.
>>
SEELE needed the lance for their version of instrumentality, Gendo wanted to stop this so he used the angel as a convenient excuse to get rid of it.

I can't remember Eva that well so that's probably wrong.
>>
>>14643599
It suited him but it tipped his hand to Seele, too early to judge from Fuyutsuki's reaction, and made them suspicious of Rei for the first time. My impression was he did that because Shinji was already in Unit 1 and arguing with him.
>>
I think the reason NERV didn't is because it would have made EVA's pointless.
>>
>>14640687
just have one soul projecting fields to your whole fleet; since I guess that's possible since new eva ova 3.x
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.