[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does everyone hate the sequel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 73015.jpg (465KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
73015.jpg
465KB, 1600x1200px
Does everyone hate the sequel?
>>
>>14627132
Because it wasn't very good?
>>
>>14627132
I completely forgot there was a sequal thanks alot ass
>>
>>14627132
yes
>>
I liked it. But I watched the sequel first then the first season.
>>
>>14627132
I liked the first few episodes and the general setup enough that by the end, despite all the crumminess of the whole series, I thought it was alright.

I think it was the same with my enjoyment of Try. Mario fell a long way down, but he jumped off from such a high platform that he still made it over the bottomless pit.

I liked the G-Monsters, I liked the near-future alternate universe more than the original series's far-future world, I liked Generation Bleu HQ, I liked the characters even though they were never used properly, and I liked wondering how this world was connected to the original's.
>>
The first episode was set up nicely but everything without Eureka and Renton was really hard for me to enjoy
>>
>>14627132
>Those faces

Belri?
>>
>>14627132
I liked Eureka and Renton as adults.

I liked that Dewey was right.

Most of all, I liked the resolute MC in a Nirvash, accompanied by an AI companion.

Now imagine my disappointment when all of those things turned out to be mere footnotes in an otherwise terrible series.
>>
File: 1409481577329.png (290KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
1409481577329.png
290KB, 620x330px
>>14627132
I enjoyed the "sequel" but also understand the hate it got for not really being Eureka 7 Two. Plus it was really flawed. But I'd be lying if i said I didn't enjoy the ride in all its convoluted glory in that regard it certain stood up to its predecessor and then some.
>>
Yes, it completely shits on what the original stood for.
>>
>>14628094
It looks like a bad fanmade vector trace.
>>
>>14632396
What this guy said. I liked all these things and their failure to really capitalize on them really ruins it
>>
>>14627876
I never really thought to compare my feelings about AO to my feelings about Try until now, but that's not a bad comparison. I both enjoyed and hated more things about AO than I did Try though.
>>
>>14627132
What sequel? :^)
>>
File: eurekasevenaotruth.jpg (32KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
eurekasevenaotruth.jpg
32KB, 650x365px
>>14627132

HEY EVERYONE, ITS ME

YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER

TRUTH

HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT MY UNIQUE AND INTERESTING BACKSTORY YET?

MAN, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT.

OKAY I HAVE TO GO NOW, BUT I'LL BE BACK LATER AND WHEN I DO I'LL HAVE ANOTHER POWERUP WITH ME :^)

LOOK FORWARD TO IT :^)
>>
>>14627132
Nope just E7fags. AO is mostly seen as mediocre to everyone else just like the original. Its hatred is mostly because there's not a tripe cheap romance to keep shippers distracted from the clusterfuck of a plot.
>>
>>14637004
>the show literally retcons itself out of existence
>mediocre
>not a clusterfuck of a plot
>>
>>14627132
Shit show, shit sequel.

AO set the new standard for a BONES sequel, it actually made DtB S2 look good
>>
>>14637079
>it actually made DtB S2 look good
Let's not say things we'll regret later.
>>
>>14637004

Even on its own merits, AO is garbage.

It introduces half a dozen plotlines early on and then fails to take any of them to satisfying conclusions. It makes an intentional anticlimax for clever writing and reuses the same trick there waaaaaay too often.

The Secrets were okay at first, but the explanation we are given for their origins and motivations reeks of bullshit and doesn't line up with their construction or behavior at all, but they never go backsies on that and honestly for the last half of the show they sort of cease to matter at all.

Truth is a shit character with a fanfiction-tier backstory that warps the plot around him whenever he shows up, and despite getting blown up by 'literally everything in the plot says this kills him 100% and he cannot survive it by any means' shit TWICE he never gets his comeuppence and instead just comes back with a new set of bullshit powers every time.

None of the character relationships are brought to any kind of resolution. I'm honestly not sure why the smugglers were even part of the cast, because they never did shit besides provide exposition about the history of the world, which it feels like ANY adult could have done.

And the ending is such a clusterfuck that It wasn't until I read the goddamn wiki that I realized that the final episode was supposed to imply that all of the secrets were erased from the timeline by whatever the fuck Ao did, mostly because that happening doesn't line up at all with how Renton told us the time gun is supposed to work and no one ever says otherwise.

Its just a trainwreck of a show that fails to have any kind of payoff, and actively wallows in its own terrible writing. Thats all true even if you didn't care for the original, but if you did then the fact that they set the 'sequel' 12,000 years in the past of an ALTERNATE DIMENSION just so they could set the show in Japan like every other anime is supremely disappointing.
>>
>>14627132
Im Honestly convinced that AO was like, a Okinawa Yakuza money scheme.
>>
are we just not going to talk about the film?
>>
>>14637090
>>Even on its own merits, AO is garbage.
I love this meme
>>
File: 1466211098787.png (66KB, 425x258px)
1466211098787.png
66KB, 425x258px
>>14637090
>It introduces half a dozen plotlines early on and then fails to take any of them to satisfying conclusions. It makes an intentional anticlimax for clever writing and reuses the same trick there waaaaaay too often.
>None of the character relationships are brought to any kind of resolution. I'm honestly not sure why the smugglers were even part of the cast, because they never did shit besides provide exposition about the history of the world, which it feels like ANY adult could have done.
Are you talking about E7 or AO?
>>
>>14632396
>I liked the resolute MC in a Nirvash
I can agree with this. I actually thought Ao was a pretty good MC, he was able to understand his situation and make sacrifices,
I love how he also didn't hesitate in his own beliefs when Naru started going insane.
>>
>>14637714
When was the last time you've watched E7? Some character arcs close like in a dozen episodes before the finale.
>>
>>14637834
>Some character arcs close like in a dozen episodes before the finale.
Not really. None at all. Renton was still a faggot up until the finale.
>>
>>14637834
Don't even bother replying to those recycled non-arguments.
>>
>>14627132
Don't be silly, OP. Eureka never, ever, had a sequel.
>>
>>14627132
>Implying Eureka 7 was even good to begin with
>>
File: jeridyasstyle.jpg (72KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
jeridyasstyle.jpg
72KB, 500x488px
>>14636967

Fuck off Jerid. Nobody likes you.
>>
Only good thing about AO was the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upk118IyCoI
>>
>>14628094
Eureka Seven, King Gainer and G-Reco share the character designer.
>>
>>14638778
Eureka 7 was better in that area too
>>
>>14638778
Not really saying much. It's rare I find an anime with music I dislike unless it's overly cutesy/overly synthetic idolshit
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.