[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: G_Saviourposter.jpg (33KB, 332x475px) Image search: [Google]
G_Saviourposter.jpg
33KB, 332x475px
This was great.
>>
File: HET.jpg (24KB, 308x448px) Image search: [Google]
HET.jpg
24KB, 308x448px
>>14625195
>>
>>14625195
It was okay. Not awful, but not all that good either. I hear the novelization and game are legitimately good though.
>>
>>14625213
>>14625215
It was so low budget and everyone was a quip machine, felt like a Scifi original movie. Loved it for that.
>>
>>14625215
The game is nothing special either. It's a first gen game, so the graphics are simple and the controls awkward. Also, the enemy AI is quite bad, and the bosses can be stunlocked with the J-Saviours ground mode's cannon.

Suit designs are good though, I'd love a kit of the Raven.
>>
How would you have modified the movie to fit in better with the rest of the Universal Century?
>>
>>14625244
Zeonwank, obviously.
>>
>>14625228
>First gen game
>Came out on the PS2
>A sixth gen game system

What?
>>
File: latest.png (170KB, 564x420px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
170KB, 564x420px
>Mobile suits back to 18+ meter scale
>G-series naming scheme
>Food crisis
>Earth Federation Zakus
>Spacenoids have all the killer-tech
Tomino sure brought over many things over from G-saviour to G-reco. Maybe he actually liked it?
>>
>>14625291
Maybe G-reco is him trying to "Do it better."
>>
>>14625257
First-gen PS2 game. It came out Sept. 2000, mere months after the PS2 launch.
>>
File: RIP in peace G-Saviour.jpg (158KB, 956x539px) Image search: [Google]
RIP in peace G-Saviour.jpg
158KB, 956x539px
>there will never be a MST3K G-Saviour episode
>>
>>14625244
Give Mark Curran a brief little Newtype moment. They wouldn't have had to waste minutes explaining what Newtypes are, just have him dodge a sneak attack and be like, "I don't know how I knew that was coming, I just felt it."

I don't have this on good authority, but apparently the books mention colony drops? Maybe the movie could've had a flashback to a crappy CG colony drop during the collapse of the EF.

>>14625291
He can't have liked everything about the pre-Turn A AUs, but he still incorporated them into Turn A. I think any G-Saviour elements in G-Reco are a similar case.

With Tomino, perhaps imitation is the highest form of insult.
>>
File: 1469918621768.jpg (46KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
1469918621768.jpg
46KB, 497x497px
>>14626832
Well both the Gundam wiki and 2ch fucks say that he hated it because sunrise didn't tell him about it until it was already done.
But considering the similarities in some aspects I'd say that he at least acknowledges it, compared to 00, SEED and Age.
>>
>>14627491
Also:
Maybe he always wanted a Live action Gundam, just to see how it would go.
>>
>>14627495
I feel like a live-action Gundam in the same style as the 2004 Battlestar Galactica would be pretty cool, with the right actors and budget for MS designs and CG.

Strangely enough, G-Saviour reminded me somewhat of Babylon 5, but Babylon 5's actors were outstanding and easily made the show.
>>
>>14625800
well, with the new show coming back, who knows?
>>
>>14627529
>Strangely enough, G-Saviour reminded me somewhat of Babylon 5, but Babylon 5's actors were outstanding and easily made the show.
B5 is called the Londo and G'Kar show for a reason.
>>
Mark is a fucking dick. He cheats on his decent looking, loyal wife for some bitch that looks like a man, whom he barely knew. He then gets angry at her for her emotional burst. I get that she shot up the ship, but she was emotional at that point (hell hath no fury as a woman's scorn). She later even redeems herself. And he shows no remorse or concern about her, all he is thinking about is his black man booty.

And somehow he is casted as the hero. Fuck this shitfuck of a movie.
>>
>>14627797
Mimi isn't his wife; she's his girlfriend. She's still right though, and Mark and Cynthia going back to Earth to stand trial for not killing the security guard completely forgets all the other crimes he's actually committed against CONSENT. It's not gonna end well for him.
>>
>>14627495

There's an English interview with him on YouTube where I'm pretty sure he says he doesn't want a Live Action Gundam because he doesn't think it works outside anise/animation. I'd have to check it again to be sure, but I can't do so right now. Still, it's one of the first results for Tomino interview and the question is one of the first if I recall so it shouldn't be hard to find out.
>>
>>14625228
What gimmicks and weapons does the Savior Gundam have? Going by its wiki page it seems super generic apart from being modular to refit its design between 'space' and 'ground' configurations for better maneuverability in each environment.
>>
File: d114_18.jpg (60KB, 478x500px) Image search: [Google]
d114_18.jpg
60KB, 478x500px
>>14628746
The Savior can transform, move like five feet, then transform back.

It also has the magical capability to, after being cut into pieces and falling into the ocean, still somehow be completely salvaged. Maybe it floats?
>>
>>14628781
But what about the later models of it from the videogame? The wiki pages for them are equally sparse
>>
File: d122_32.jpg (69KB, 900x481px) Image search: [Google]
d122_32.jpg
69KB, 900x481px
>>14628791
The Vent Savior has a nicer color scheme and more beam cannons.

Including smaller beam cannons on its giant beam cannons.

Beams.
>>
Reed Fox is the greatest pilot in the Late-Late-UC Era
>>
>>14628833

Based on that, and the design of CONSENT's Bugus, would it be possible Mitsuo Fukuda may have watched G-Saviour?

Also, given that the titular Gundam switches frames depending on environment, would it be possible anybody who worked on Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans whose names aren't Takayuki Nagai nor Mari Okada watched it too?
>>
>>14629280
Pls, at least things happen in G-Saviour, unlike IBO
>>
Honestly considering it was made on like a 10 dollar budget, it could have been worse
>>
>>14628746
I like the whole idea of a suit being able to completely switch its armor and armaments into another mode in less than a minute, but I wish the G-Saviour's standard weaponry wasn't so generic.

Maybe have it struggle against something with stronger melee, so it switches out and equips a melee pack/set giving it four beam sabers and two buster swords, surprising the enemy that it was struggling against a moment before.
>>
>>14628746
>>14628781
>>14628791
>>14628833
>>14629280
You're aware you're mixing two different suits, aren't you? The G-Saviour is the one from the movie; the Saviour and Vent Saviour are from SEED.
>>
Wish they'd released that G-Saviour Terrain Mode kit. That was my favorite scene in the movie.
>>
>>14631032
>The joke
>(you)
>>
>>14627529
>>14628736
What about a Live Action Universal Century series about fighting rebels & terrorist groups before Mobile Suits became common place? Like the military academy parts of Gundam Origin?
>>
>>14631032

I was comparing the Vent Saviour with Cosmic Era's Freedom/Strike Freedom. Likewise with Bugus and GINNs.
>>
>>14631599
what's the point of setting it in the universal century if it's not going to feature mobile suits and be set before they even switched over to the UC calendar?
>>
>>14631013
So the Strike and Impulse.
>>
>>14632790
I never said not to set it in the UC Calendar, just before 0075 when they actually started to train pilots in mass to use Mobile Suits. Alternatively it could be set in late 0074 or 0077 so it matches up with Zeon just starting to train soldiers before the war.

The point of doing that would be for world building purposes to understand how the political setting works, why the spacenoids want independence from the Federation, seeing the combat tactics that were used before the war, and to slowly introduce concepts like Mobile Suits to the audience by showing them in the background and then move them up in importance level over time so eventually it shows how everything changes once Mobile Suits enter the main picture.

Have the first movie (or first few episodes if it's a series) be about something like a ground squad of Federation troops trying defeat a rebel spacenoid terrorists faction suspected of being funded by still Fed allied Zeon. Make it so the audience becomes invested in these characters by making it mostly character driven so they get attached to each of them. When it's near the end of the main conflict throw in a fight with the ground troops group using conventional weapons up against a "stolen" mobile worker prototype retrofitted with weapons as to show as an example of how the battlefield is shifting in a new direction. This gives the Federation the idea they need to be prepared in case something like this ever happens again.

Then have the next movie (or next few episodes) take place sometime later where Mobile Suits are in the forefront either taking place just before the One Year War or during it, provided the special effects for the Mobile Suits have been perfected by this point in time.

This is just one possible way of doing a Live Action Gundam and by no means the "perfect" way of doing it but if there's one thing for sure it's that we would want to avoid the mindless Michael Bay crowd through good story telling...
>>
>>14632988
tl;dr - A different way a Live Action Gundam Series could be done is make it a mini-series with a different cast & director for each episode and through trial and error see what really works and what doesn't
>>
>>14625793
Ohhhhhh okay my bad on being completely dense.
>>
>>14625195
Nope
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.