[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SD G GEN GENESIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 8-1.jpg (319KB, 706x731px) Image search: [Google]
8-1.jpg
319KB, 706x731px
animations are still slideshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Cis1JxsBA
>>
>>14623497
Seeing Unicorn at any point makes me actively less hype.

I can't stand the bullshit series centered around it or its awful pilot. And the bullshit it gets up to as time goes on isn't great either.
>>
>>14623497
Nah, it's more like how NEO did it where it's not just an animation but a 3d model.
>>
So it all just Uc stuff?
>>
>>14624849
only up to unicorn
>>
>>14623497
There are animations that are distinctly 3D, you can tell by the strangely smooth motion of objects that remain correctly proportioned. What they've done is animate 3D models to look like the old sprite style they used up until now (and Neo)

>>14623538
Neo was great, wish they'd bring back the multi-weapon attack system. I still have the game on my shelves even though I haven't touched it in years.
>>
>>14623497
>that beam magnum attack animation quality
I came
>>
>Zeon simulation with a million Zaku variants
Worth it in that sense. Not Gihren's Greed levels of accuracy but it helps that there's more on the market.
>>
>>14623497
Super Hero Generation did it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f_bRx7Ivjo&list=PLGUz0yBJJaPoBk1SaZvV1o2HbhKr4R_Dd&index=23
>>
>>14625720
don't think it's fair to compare the two since one game has a much larger unit list than the other.
>>
>>14623497
>half of the animations are a still slideshow
>>
I'm only hyped if it has custom pilots
>>
>>14623512
nigga they gotta promote their latest shit and Unicorn is the latest UC, which as we all know is the only universe that matters. Even without the TV remake Unicorn was here to stay for a good while.
>>
>>14626014
Even the Phenex was confirmed for Genesis.
>>
>>14625720
Hero Generations is bad, only the Gundams get remotely cool looking animations and it loads super slow
>>
Is this the one that's getting english translations?
>>
>>14627239
Yup
>>
>>14627248
Neat. This is the only game from this series that's ever gotten one, right? I've always wanted to try the games but I don't like not knowing what's happening.

What were the other games like? Is it retelling the original stories, except now in SD form, or is it an original story that happens to have every character mashed into one setting, sort of like Dynasty Warriors?
>>
>>14623497
so it's basicly like the newer Masoukishin games but in SD.

I'm ok with that.
>>
>>14627261
Dependent on the game, some go 1;! or close for certain missions equating to certain events (Amuro fights Char for the first time, Tobia gets the Crossbone, etc) and some don't. In the second most recent, Overworld for PSP, they had a system where if you just normally beat the mission all you did was the normal story but if you got special goals finished you advanced the story in different ways by causing AU shenanigan. In the first mission it was the first episode of MSG but if you completed the secondary goal you got Kira and the Archangel to come in, and then another one would prompt Flit to come in and fight Vegans. And then competing that would make your teammates turn on you, and you might be able to capture their units if you killed their ships first.

Some people don't like the crossover stuff but I personally liked it considering I couldn't read the plot. This time though since it's English I hope they stick somewhat to canon.
>>
>>14627261
overtime the games do something different, for example the old main games (F and Spirits) had you go through the story of each series and allowed you to use a custom team along with story characters.

the nintendo portable games (advance, DS and Cross Drive) have you go through a crossover series story similar to SRW where you get pre-assigned units and pilots mostly.

they all mostly play the same though, aside from the nintendo portables.
>>
>>14627706
>>14627979

So since this one is UC only, or at least it really seems like it, is it more likely that it'll be one of their games that just follow the show/game storylines instead of having an original/cross over one?

And how are their retelling of the stories? Is it detailed and accurate, or do they just do it short/vague like Missing Link did (which I hated)? Like I get that they let you veer off into AU territory and have custom cross over units, but if I wanted to do a vanilla play through and just experience the stories as they originally were, how faithful to the original stories are they?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions about it, I'm just getting pretty interested in the game and really excited about being able to relive all the old UC stories, but I'm a wary of reliving the massive disappointment that was Missing Link.
>>
>>14628043
it's mostly the major events that play out and usually go with how the series went with it, at least that's how it was before WARS started mixing series with each other.

Genesis could be following series or a cross-over, I have no idea right now.
>>
>>14628043
>>14628183
Yes, currently the trailers are all we have and from those we don't know the degree of changes to story mode, just the series included and how battles look. Worst case you get a fun Gundam strategy game, best case you get a game you love where you'll use 100+ hours easy.
>>
>>14628936
Fair enough, guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the info.
>>
>>14628957
The crossover stuff in World was pretty fun though. One mission you have help Heero and Duo kill a bunch of Leos. Fulfill the secondary objective and Throwa, Quatre and Wufei appear as backup while Graham and his Flagfighters come to try and stop you. Graham even has a special voiced line for each wing gundam.

"A dragon!?" - Shenlong

Fulfill the new secondary objective again and Phantom Pain from Stargazer drops in. Sven also has a special voiced line for every wing gundam + Exia. Cool stuff. I don't see that kind of crossover in Overworld as much though.
>>
>>14629023
That sounds incredibly cool. Stuff like that is what got me interested in the series, I really wanted to see how all the different characters could have interacted with each other. Still bothers me that I'll never know since I don't understand moon.
>>
>>14623497
>UC garbage only
yeah no
fuck yourselves with ths shit
>>
>>14629099
>he didn't play spirits
>>
>>14625730
C'mon mate, have you seen the last few GGens? They spend their entire animation budget on the shiny shiny new stuff while 90% of all units have the most generic animations possible.

It got so bad that they overdid the 00 Movie units to the point where all the GN Particles made the PSP lag.
>>
>>14623512

Get better taste faggot
>>
>>14623497
>3D models
>that stiff as fuck animation
wh
what
>>
>>14629023
They didn't do it very well in Overworld, there was some enemy interaction with different series, but none of them very memorable or often. One of the things I remember from World was Bernie fighting the ALEX, and if you beat it in time, the Extended kids from DESTINY drop in and Bernie has special dialogue with them.
>>
>>14630096
because they recycled all their shit from previous games, besides not everything goes towards new units like how they made some new animations for nu gundam and phoenix gundam.
>>
>>14624893
Wow. How uninteresting. Skipped.
>>
>>14632511
It's probably because World was a console as well as being PSP so they probably put more time into it.
>>
>>14632520
GM also had new animations.
>>
Why even go for the prerendered look at this point? Having character models of this resolution move like they are still in a PS1 game just looks bad.
>>
>>14623497
UC only, no buy
>>
One thing from Overworld I didn't like was taking out the different portraits character had when they active their skill (e.g SEED characters going SEED, Setsuna going Innovator, etc).
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.