[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full Metal Panic (FMP)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: 1455916611439.jpg (238KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
1455916611439.jpg
238KB, 900x670px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-08-15/full-metal-panic-teases-important-announcement-with-voice-cast/.105399

Just two more months until the event. Get hype. What are your hopes/expectations for studio and staff? What do you think the format of the new anime might be? It's good to see the original voice actors are returning after a decade.
>>
Whatever studio it is, it sure as hell won't be Kyoani, considering how much other shit they have on their plate already.
>>
I just hope it's a good blend of mecha and school comedy. I think FMP's charm is the balance between those two.

Honestly, FMP's school comedy is better than it's mecha stuff in my opinion. It's mecha parts are excellent, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be hyped for more Fummofu.
>>
>>14622871
>Sigma
>school life fun
pick one and only one

I hope they're adapting sigma
>>
>>14622896
>I hope they're adapting sigma

They already confirmed it's the original novel series.
>>
>>14622903
Well isn't that what Sigma adapted? I just mean the sigma part of the series.
>>
>>14622903
Dp the novels even have any school fun starting with Ending Day by Day? I thought that's when the misery train truly starts and never lets up.
>>
>>14622907
There is some school fun in Dancing Very Merry Christmas which is after Day by Day but after that it all ends. If they make another Fumoffu season you'll see the school fun but if this anime does well there's a good chance of it happening. Better hope the nips buy this shit.
>>
>>14622906
Yeah Sigma adapted TSR stuff all the way to the end but there were some differences from the novel series if I remember correctly. But the stories are pretty similar in essence. However, knowing Gatoh he'll add his own anime original content into this new season to do stuff he didn't have the chance to do in his novels.
>>
>>14622871
>Honestly, FMP's school comedy is better than it's mecha stuff in my opinion. It's mecha parts are excellent, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be hyped for more Fummofu.

It was true for most of the series' run but by the time shit hits the fan and you're cheering for the two to finally get together as right when they are starting to show their true feelings, they're separated, Sousuke kind of gives up on military, finds solace in Arbalest's AI, almost commits suicide when he thinks Chidori died.
That latter half of 2nd Raid was on a whole different level than Fumoffu which kind of started getting old by the end of it.

Or maybe it's just my excessive romance-faggotry speaking.
>>
>>14622643
This promo image unsettles me, I really hope they don't go with the snout character design style Fate/zero uses
>>
>>14622871
The mecha stuff would have been so much better if it was just Slavshit vs NATO++ rather than Lambda Driver.
>>
>>14623067
Funny, because the Lambda Driver is one of my favorite things in FMP. For lack of a better term, it's like a super robot weapon dropped into a real robot show.

The fact that Sousuke doesn't like it because it's unreliable and emotion based is clever. It gives a sense that the military tactics and "real robot" sensibilities still hold value even when there is a super bullshit weapon present.

It's true he still has to use it, but it has a sense of realism to it. Like realistic plot armor if that makes any sense.
>>
>>14623158
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>14622988
>It was true for most of the series' run but by the time shit hits the fan and you're cheering for the two to finally get together as right when they are starting to show their true feelings, they're separated, Sousuke kind of gives up on military, finds solace in Arbalest's AI, almost commits suicide when he thinks Chidori died.
Nah by that point I was waiting for the credits to roll. TSR was a slog fest and unless you like poorly written melodrama its not all that entertaining.
>>
>>14623266
lol it was like 13 episodes, after that the slog is over but you wouldnt know because it ended there.
>>
So who thinks that they will continue where TSR left off? Or will they redo the series entirely? I'm for both, but I would like to see them do a better job of the season Gonzo did. Some parts of it slow down the pacing.
>>
>>14624627
>So who thinks that they will continue where TSR left off? Or will they redo the series entirely?
Gatoh only have a limited number of episodes to wrap this up, so it is going to be a canon original end.
>>
>>14624670
So its a series of OVA'S?
>>
What part is everyone looking forward to?
>>
>>14624679
>So its a series of OVA'S?
We don't know. We just know that this will be where it ends.
>>
>>14624686
But why does Gatoh have a limited number of episodes to use. Or is "limited number" mean a whole two 13 episode seasons?
>>
>>14624698
>But why does Gatoh have a limited number of episodes to use. Or is "limited number" mean a whole two 13 episode seasons?
We say that because we KNOW there are enough books left for multiple seasons of anime. And that Gatoh is unlikely to be given enough episodes to do them all.
>>
>>14624707
Oh, that's true. Would be awesome if FMP got the FMA:B treatment.
>>
>>14624685
Laevatein
>>
>>14624685
The knife fight
>>
>>14624685
unironically BANG, and ironically mincemeat

those were in the novels right? fuck mincemeat page
>>
>>14624685
Burning One Man Force
Laevatein's debut
Laevatein luring and trapping a team of Venoms.
Laevatein vs Belial (rounds 1 and 2)
Laevatein firing the Demolition Gun, without the LD.
Anything related to the Laevatein.
>>
Hopes for the studio are either Bones, Sunrise, or Khara. My expectation is either Production IG or Xebec. Knowing how shitty the anime industry is, it'll be Actas.

I have no clue on the director front as Gatoh has pretty much only worked with two directors and we don't even know the studio or airdate. My hope is Izubuchi as he's probably the best working right now and he doesn't have anything major scheduled. There's also a number of free Xebec directors free so hopefully one of the Battleship Yamato 2199 directors.

Hopefully the format is OVA for better visuals but that's a tossup. We really don't know anything which is infuriating.
>>
Oct. 22 can't get here fast enough
>>
>>14627761
>Hopefully the format is OVA for better visuals but that's a tossup. We really don't know anything which is infuriating.
Can they even hope to get to the end of the story with anything less than 13 episodes? Ideally 26, but that is just unlikely in this day and age.
>>
>>14627761
>My expectation is either Production IG or Xebec.
Already confirmed its a studio that specializes in hand drawn mecha so those two are out
>>
No CG robots.
>>
>>14627813
I feel the 40's range would cover everything. But that's not going to happen.
>>
>New fullmetal panic
>New Fruit's basket
Now if we could just get a new trigun i'd be twelve again
>>
>>14628240
No shit, a new Fruits Basket? Huh, I'll actually have to watch that. Thanks anon. You're right, maybe there's a little retro fad going on right now.
>>
>>14627824
Xebec still does hand-drawn mecha, baka.
>>
>>14628246
If the American trend of remaking things replaces idol/moeshit i'd be pretty happy
>>
>>14628251
>Xebec still does hand-drawn mecha
Break Blade was 5 years ago
>>
>>14628254
You'll never replace moeshit but I wouldn't mind less idols. Moeshit has been aroud forever.
>>
>>14622643
>What are your hopes/expectations for studio and staff?
My only hope is that it doesn't end up like the Berzerk Anime
...that and that some kind artist in glorious Nippon draws a proper Daki of Kaname.
>>
>>14628313
But it hasn't dominated the industry forever
>>
>>14628411
The only time it didn't dominate was when mecha sold like hotcakes regardless of quality and thus had like 10 shows a season. Otherwisr it has.
>>
>>14628426
Name 5 moe shows from the 70's (Shoujo doesn't count)
>>
>>14623158
Lambda Driver is an important plot device, but it doesn't really turn every action scene into FLAWLESS VICTORY because Sousuke never used it to its full potential. It's not as bad as what people said.
>>
>>14627813
They can, but the result isn't going to be pretty. Schwarzesmarken is a great example of that.
>>
>>14627824
I believe they said they were aiming for 2D, not necessarily that it was absolutely going to be 2D.
>>
>>14627824
>>14628600
Hand drawn robots would be amazing.

>>14622643
I'm just glad to see more FMP, everything after TSR is unknown territory for me.
>>
>>14628302
>what is Lagrange
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.