[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was 0080 revisionist zeonwank?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Gundam-0080-Hamburger.jpg (81KB, 721x534px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam-0080-Hamburger.jpg
81KB, 721x534px
Was 0080 revisionist zeonwank?
>>
>>14622529
No, it's a Gundam OVA.
>>
>>14622529
No. If anything it make Zeon look even dumber than before
>>
>>14622529
And your reason for that?
>>
>>14622529
It's anti-warwank.
>>
>>14622529
I wouldn't call a wacko named Killing part of zeonwank.
>>
>>14622529
To neo-/m/, yes it is
>>
No. Bernie wasn't even fighting for Zeon by the end given his entire team was dead and the brass behind the team was looking to nuke the colony just to destroy a Gundam. The Federation's presence on Libot inadvertently put the colony in danger, as was the case with anywhere the Federation put a garrison. They couldn't possibly have thought an unhinged extremist Zeon officer capable and willing to resort to the use of nuclear weapons on a neutral colony would actually try to do so. Even less to destroy one mobile suit - though considering the last time an all powerful Federation mobile suit lifted off from a neutral colony, it turned the war around for the Federation, I guess Killing's motives were... understandable

And it's not like the Federation were antagonizing the colony citizens, either. The colony defense force sure, but that kind of comes with the chain of command, especially when the defense force didn't know fuck all what they were doing
>>
>>14622935
>though considering the last time an all powerful Federation mobile suit lifted off from a neutral colony, it turned the war around for the Federation, I guess Killing's motives were... understandable
How would that change anything considering there are already multiple deployed Gundams and Zeon literally loses a few days later.
>>
>>14622957
With all the goddamn sidestories and spinoffs deciding they MUST have their own brand new gundam design of their own for marketing purposes how many Gundams were actually active in the OYW?

You might as well include shit that isn't actually a gundam but slaps a gundam face on it so otaku faggots will buy it, like that Striker Custom unit from Gundam Katanawank.
>>
>>14622935
>Even less to destroy one mobile suit - though considering the last time an all powerful Federation mobile suit lifted off from a neutral colony, it turned the war around for the Federation, I guess Killing's motives were... understandable

If they were presented that way, sure.
The way Killing carries himself, it seems more like he just wanted an excuse to punish Side 6 for not siding with Zeon.

Take note of his behavior in ep 5 when the Granada commander's questioning him. He is surprisingly calm about using nukes, and WAY too pleased to point out that loophole excluding Side 6 from the Antarctic Treaty,

He doesn't appeal to the 'We can't afford to let the Federation have that Gundam', which MIGHT have worked with the commander. He just jumps to "Yeah, they didn't take part in the treaty signing, so--OOPS! BULLET IN YOUR CHEST!
Sorry about that guys, resume loading up!"
>>
>>14622588
It's a very mature take on the anti-war message, though. I wouldn't say it's wanking the idea. Bernie's last speech points out that both sides are filled with people who are fighting for what they genuinely believe and that war is inevitable. Even if you don't hate the other side, if you have to fight for something that you think is right, then you should.

The only anti-war message it unquestionably champions is that the glorification of war, treating it like something people should seek out, is ridiculous.
>>
Why is it when a person who is part of the Zeon faction is portrayed as being a decent person people scream Zeonwank? I'm just sad that he died.
>>
>>14622529
No that's 0083,
>>
I still can't believe this OVA doesn't have BDs.
>>
>>14622529
No, we knew from original Gundam that Zeon had nice people in it too. Remember the Dopp pilots that dropped food for the refugees? And then when they got to Jaburo there were Federation officers who were dicks too.

The message of Gundam is typically that all sides have both assholes and good guys.
>>
>>14622957
That analysis was made from the perspective of production order as opposed to in-universe, given it's the only way the above justification makes any real sense barring his simply wanting to gut Side 6 for its stance of neutrality as stated by >>14622975. By the time 0080 was produced, the only other Gundam fighting the war was the RX-78-2. So for Killing to want to avert a force multiplication of the Gundam's combat potential is understandable, even if his final solution was ridiculously over the top.
>>
>>14626409
Not to mention the ALEX was tuned specifically for Amuro.
>>
>>14622965
OOH! there was actually a thread about this awhile back
i think it was around like 30 or something
though given that some were the like the Ground Type and were souped up GMs with multiple units and shit like that its not all that impressive, doubly so since even if it was in the high double digits that puny for the scale the war was at
>>
>>14626323

>Except SEED Destiny
>>
>>14622529
No it's another Feddie wank in a long line of Feddie wanks but you wanted Chris to win a flawless victory so it's a Zeon wank to you.
>>
>>14622529
>it's a "Zeon are idiots who can't do anything right" episode

Feddie propaganda at its best.
>>
>>14627962
Kind of like deceptive figures for unique/"at times actually good too" tanks and such in World War 2. There were a SHITLOAD of Panzer III's and IV's, and T-34's, and Shermans.

Some models people are fans of or which are touted as being fucking great or somehow important had perhaps LITERALLY DOZENS produced, if that.

Even ones that had more still have to be put in perspective against how many fucking workhorse medium tanks and/or Tank Destroyers there were.
>>
>>14624080
>BDs
>plural
>6 episodes
>a mere 180 minutes of show plus a couple token extras
wat
>>
>>14626323
Luggun actually.
>>
>>14622529
Yes
>>
>>14622529
>Was 0080 revisionist zeonwank?

Even if it was, it's still a pretty good one.
>>
>>14622536
How so? I thought it made the Feddie's look dumb by involving a neutral colony in a war. Zeon merely uncover their involvement.
>>
>>14622957
>How would that change anything considering there are already multiple deployed Gundams and Zeon literally loses a few days later.

They're not fucking mind readers. They were in trouble but they didn't know the end was going to come so abruptly.
>>
>>14632444
That sounds about right, most BDs in japan are 2/3 episodes a disk.
>>
It actually feels like a long and better produced filler episode of the original.
Kid protagonist, anti-war message, impossible love melodrama and fated death for Bernie are all things you would see in a 70's or 80's series episode.
Whoever wrote it understood perfectly what Gundam was about, starting from the awesome mecha design all the MS have.

As per the "zeonwank", MSG was full of nice people from Zeon(Doan, those soldier who come back to help the civvies, the guys who cheer on Amuro instead of attacking him when they plant the bomb, in a certain way Ramba Ral) because it pushed the message the war sucks for everyone involved.
>>
>>14622957
>considering there are already multiple deployed Gundams
Not yet there weren't.
>>
>>14622529
Can you tell me what's being revised, faggot?

Bernie isn't a Zeon patriot; by the end he's just a person that tries to do what he thinks is right.

Zeon high command is some murderous, treacherous Nazi (same theme throughout UC Gundam).

Zeon soldiers are just people, following orders, also consistent. And in 0080 they all died for literally no reason whatsoever. Because war sucks.
>>
>>14637854
Go look up how many FA Gundams there were deployed the fact there's like 3 Pixie Gundams Gundam 3,4 and 5. there were plenty of Gundams.
>>
Is there a torrent for this that doesn't look like shit? I've downloaded about 3 different versions and they are unwatchable
>>
No it was about making hamburger meat
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.