[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the strongest UC non-gundam suits (which have a kit)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

File: galluss.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
galluss.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
What are the strongest UC non-gundam suits (which have a kit)?
>>
>>14618041

Something from Victory presumably, like the Zanneck or Gottrlatan. I'm not sure which have gunpla though. If you want units with recent/decent gunpla though it'd probably be something from Unicorn like the Sinanju and Neo Zeong or the Kshatriya.
>>
There's the Neo Zeong for sure. Otherwise you'd have to look for an old 1/100 kit from Victory or F91.
>>
>>14618055
I appreciate your answer but I should have specified a bit more
>no zanscare bug suits
I would also like to say that although
Sinanju, NeoZeong, and Kshatriya look good I am not a fan of all the extra "flashy" stuff that doesn't translate well to kit form.

in all honesty I am looking for something to custom to have a hypothetical kit I would use in a GBF world.
>>
>>14618060
Well, what sort of base do you want? Monoeye? Visor? Goggles?

In a GBF style game, the base unit's performance in the story it came from wouldn't have that great an effect on what sort of performance it'll have. Modding can produce greater results.
>>
>>14618066
monoeye preferably, but I am fine with looking at other options.

I was looking at the geara doga, marasai, and schuzrum galluss but none of those are incredibly strong.
>>
File: Doan Custom Zaku.jpg (39KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Doan Custom Zaku.jpg
39KB, 480x640px
>>14618070
git gud fagit
>>
>>14618070
well the point is that you can mod it to be strong

there are no more monoeye MS after that time period with a kit..

how about sinanju?
>>
File: jegan_how_are_you.png (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jegan_how_are_you.png
926KB, 1280x720px
>>14618041
>What are the strongest UC non-gundam suits
>I am not a fan of all the extra "flashy" stuff
>kit I would use in a GBF world.
by GBF logic the wee Jegan is your best choice
>>
>>14618086
Well now that I think about it, it doesn't matter too much how late the suit is or how canonically powerful it is.

By Build Fighter's standards, adding thrusters and changing the color makes it 100x stronger
>>
>>14618099
don't forget transparent parts and crystals
>>
>>14618060
>no zanscare bug suits
Fuck you too anon.

Like others have said, the base suit doesn't mean jack (except when it does, but usually it doesn't). Just find a design you like and let your imagination run with it. A Mobile Armor is fine too.
>>
>>14618101
If I hotglue my gunpla and let it dry does it count as anti-beam coating?
>>
>>14618103
Sei used glue to reinforce the Build Strike's arm. It could count as extra armor since it'll be on top of the plastic and it provides an extra layer and also strength. It wouldn't allow it to repel beams, though. See the custom Apsalus III for an anti-beam coating.
>>
File: Msa-0120_atmos.jpg (109KB, 1055x421px) Image search: [Google]
Msa-0120_atmos.jpg
109KB, 1055x421px
>>14618102
>the base suit doesn't mean jack (except when it does, but usually it doesn't)
At most it could influence what sort of base abilities it could have and maybe what equipment, but with enough modding there is virtually no limit as any limits that can be run into there will always be a workaround for

e.g., acguy doesn't have normal hands to pick up normal handheld weapons? just fucking give it a hand then. can't mount equipment? add a hardpoint. want a deus ex machina? just literally make it a deus ex machina
>>
You should've just asked what grunt MS kits have a lot of customization options since that sounds more like what you're after. I'd say Jegan, personally. It's a pretty basic suit to start with that you can kit out with a lot of suitable parts both from other Jegan kits and BF addon kits. And if you want "basic grunt that I can turn into something impressive" it's a good starting point.
>>
>>14618110
That thing had an I-field IIRC
>>
>>14618569
It had a shield that would absorb the beam particles and use it to discharge.
>>
File: 349634967.jpg (434KB, 1024x699px) Image search: [Google]
349634967.jpg
434KB, 1024x699px
>>14618041
Without getting into the the late-UC stuff, it's probably Sinanju.
>>
>>14618094
If we go by the performance numbers from Bandai, a late model Jegan would have roughly Sinanju levels of performance. P-Bandai has HGUC kits for all three F91 Jegan variants. It's not flashy and is sort of a monoeye.
>>
>>14618679
That's a Gundam, though.
>>
File: 349634967.jpg (119KB, 743x594px) Image search: [Google]
349634967.jpg
119KB, 743x594px
>>14618698
It's not. Especially since by that time Gundams were just high-performance MS with no core differences that separate it from non-Gundams.

Sinanju in particular was developed from the Sinanju Stein which was made from technologies from Sazabi and Nu. The Stein itself was just a prototype suit meant to test out the psycoframe technology that would be used in the Unicorn.
>>
File: img_1.jpg (76KB, 747x603px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
76KB, 747x603px
RGM-122 Javelin
It's the next step up from the JamesGun and the most high-end mass-production mobile suit in Late UC unless RGM-143 ever gets a kit.
>>
>>14618738
Gunblaster is better though
>>
>>14618870
Gunblaster is a space-use Gun-EZ, and OP said no Gundams.
>>
>>14618738
>Light blue paint layer so thich light shines on the edge of it
>>
>>14618891
The Gun-EZ isn't a Gundam either, they're both MP grunts.
>>
>>14618041
Was that geara zulu a defector from zeons suit?
>>
>>14619227
Captured MS. That's why it has the orange stripes on it.
>>
>>14619258
Ahh ok thanks anon, its been a while since i watched unicorn
>>
>>14618060
>Hating based Zanscare

Jesus Christ how can your taste be so shit?
>>
>>14618698
Does it have a V-Fin? Is it referred to as a Gundam? If not, it's not a Gundam. It really is that simple.
>>
>>14618041
Was the animation for this scene really this choppy or is this just some shitty compressed tumblr gif?
>>
>>14619586
Tumblr
>>
File: 09[1].jpg (396KB, 900x753px) Image search: [Google]
09[1].jpg
396KB, 900x753px
>No one mentioned Doven Wolf yet

Guys c'mon. It's a miniaturized Psyco MK-II. That shit's pretty darned strong.
>>
Well, the Zssa is approximately 99.99% missiles, so...
>>
>>14620460
I love the zssa and I love artillery mobile suits.
I just wish it didn't have a huge backpack and manlet height
>>
File: F91 Jegans.jpg (2MB, 2151x3075px) Image search: [Google]
F91 Jegans.jpg
2MB, 2151x3075px
>>14618684
wait what
proofs
I fucking love the F91 Jegan A.
>>
File: 369_366.jpg (1MB, 2156x3075px) Image search: [Google]
369_366.jpg
1MB, 2156x3075px
>>14620932
Here's the page with the Sinanju.
Jegan has lower generator power. Weight and thrust are sort of similar, depending on the Jegan type.
>>
>>14619627
It can't compare to Neo Zeong.
>>
>>14619627
>Silver Bullet couldn't even scratch the paint on the Neon Zeong.
Figures the Feds would take something powerful and just make something so god damned weak and ineffectual. Hell, the guy should have just sortied in a WWII era Spitfire, for all he managed to do.
>>
>>14619258
It's a Zeon defector. A Gerencieries crew.
>>
>>14620997
Are they really the defectors though? They have the last living heir to the Zabi line on their side, that's pretty much all the Sleeves had for their claim to Zeon legitimacy.
>>
>>14620965
>>14620932
>F91 Jegan A has 33% better T:W than the Sinanju
ZEEKS ARE TOO SLOW TO CATCH JEGANS
>>
>>14621008
Full Frontal is a mind clone of the son of Deikun though.
>>
>>14621015
He's not really Casval though. To most people he'd just be an impostor.
>>
>>14621027
It's the closest they'd get though, since the last living descendant of Deikun, Sayla, is off doing her own thing in the Bahamas.
>>
>>14621012
Den'an Zons and Berga Giros must be pretty goddamn fast then
>>
File: 26527-2.jpg (305KB, 674x900px) Image search: [Google]
26527-2.jpg
305KB, 674x900px
>>14618041
Not having a kit hasn't stopped people in GBF or reality.

If you're not looking to do much of any modding, and are looking for something simplistic and non-flashy for a setting where canon has little say to start with, just get whatever recent highly-articulated HGUC you like and swap some parts I guess. The upcoming HGUC GM [G] might serve you well.
>>
Turn X is UC
>>
>>14620995
>implying it's not the Zeeks just having access to retardedly advanced technology that should be well out of their reach and boils down to straight up magic

And that's not even getting into all the other fuckups in Unicorn like sticking I-Field shields everywhere when part of Late UC's serious shit was being able to mount I-Fields reliably on mobile suits. Unicorn in general should just be taken as a bunch of loosely connected cool MS moments like Kobe Byarlant, anything else it does is just shit.
>>
>>14621280
During crossbone gundam they actually manage to fit two I-fields on a gundam that the pilot can cycle. I still hold up the X3 as the best you can get with UC tech without resorting to newtype hacks.
>>
>>14622362
V2 Assault-Buster is better than the X3
>>
>>14622485
>V2 Assault-Buster
While the V2 definitely has more firepower it doesn't have alternating I-field generators and only about a third of the X3's thrust to weight ratio. Assuming empty weight, of course.
>>
>>14622606
It does have VSBRs, and a Minovsky Drive that alone gives it a technological edge over the X3
>>
>>14622606

> only about a third of the X3's thrust to weight ratio

Wait, what? The V2 has a thrust to weight ratio of 20:1 while the X-3 has a thrust to weight ratio of about 4.5:1 - the V2 far outstrips the X-3 in thrust. It loses some of that acceleration when it equips packs like the Assault pack, Buster pack or Assault-Buster pack, but there was is no way in hell they cut it down to even a quarter of it's normal acceleration to put in the same ballpark as the X-3, never mind a third of that, which would put the Assault-Buster at One Year War levels of acceleration. Where are you getting the idea the X-3 has three times the thrust of the V2? I hope you're not just measuring the thrust to weight off rocket thrust against weight yourself, because that doesn't account for the Minovsky Drive at all, making it an inaccurate method of measurement.

Oh, and the Victory era suits don't have I-fields, because they have beam shields instead, which while not flat out better are certainly arguably better because they block physical attacks as well as beam ones. The X-3's I-fields were stronger than other ones at the time and could block VSBRs, but theres no way to say they'd have blocked Victory era ones since VSBRsgot stronger in those 20 tears too. The V2's Wings of Light were also stronger than beam shields and could block shots that pierced the atmosphere as well as act as thrust and weapons.
>>
>>14622669
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/v/lm314v23-24.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/crossbone/xm-x3.htm

I calculated the thrust to weight ratio myself, The minovsky drive thrusters were rated at 16 metric tons and I see no reason to refute that.

> but theres no way to say they'd have blocked Victory era ones since VSBRsgot stronger in those 20 tears too.

Gonna need to see some citations on that. VSBRs were designed to take on beam shields but not I-fields. Beam shields superceeded I-fields because they didn't overheat like I-fields. There's no reason to believe that a VSBR could pierce an I-Field while still being a variable speed beam rifle.
>>
>>14622709

The same places that list the thrust to weight ratios are the places where the 20:1 acceleration are given i.e. gunplay manuals. Taking some information from them while ignoring others is being silly. Even in show though the V2 AB is able to keep up with units with acceleration numbers much higher than the X-3, like the Gottrlatan.

Beam Shields also superceded I-fields because they blocked physical rounds along with beam ones. There's also nothing suggesting a VSBR couldn't penetrate an I-field to my knowledge. They couldn't penetrate the X-3s, but thatsnot the same as being unable to penetrate any of them due to a difference in design. Asking for a citation on one thing while saying another is impossible without a source is just bad form.
>>
>>14622606
The V2's full thrust power isn't known because the minovsky drive's thrusting power was never mentioned. Only the conventional rocket thrusters. Mark explains here:

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=236165#p236165
>As for the original question: The V2's thruster specs don't include the Minovsky Drive. So there's your answer.

He also suggests the 20G acceleration for the V2 might just be for the minovsky drive, but there's no information about it, so the V2's thrust capabilities are unknown.

The V2AB has 2x I-field generators from the Assault Parts, it could definitely alternate to have I-field all the time, but it's seemingly unnecessary until the assault parts get destroyed. Not to mention its mega beam shield is powerful enough to block the Zanneck's main gun IIRC.
>>
>>14622746
>Taking some information from them while ignoring others is being silly

Yes, but you're doing that right now. More than that, you haven't supplied pictures of the gunpla manuals so the numbers could be anything.

As for the Gottrlatan? T:W is about 9.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/v/zmt-s33s.htm

>. There's also nothing suggesting a VSBR couldn't penetrate an I-field to my knowledge
Except for
> They couldn't penetrate the X-3s,

>but thatsnot the same as being unable to penetrate any of them due to a difference in design
Your wording suggest that a VSBR could penetrate a different I-field than the Crossbone X3. I'm not sure how that's relevant so I'm assuming that's a typo.

Also, because they are both called the same thing and nothing has been said that the Victory's VSBRs are more powerful we only have evidence to say that they are the same as the ones used in Crossbone Gundam.
>>
>>14622795

You're doing the same thing yourself. You haven't supplied pictures of the gunpla manual or any other source for the numbers. Im placing faith that the sites list it correctly since I don't have the manual myself, nor do I care to look it up. I assume you're doing the same, but you're certainly acting like there's a difference.

Also, the X-3's I-field blocking a VSBR isn't the same as all saying that all I-field can since things do get better over time. A proviso you chose to ignore, along with the information the V2 can block even massive beams without issue. The beam weapons in the One Year War were weaker than those in the F91 or what have you, and they got stronger over time. My wording is meant to reflect that one instance isn't indicative of a trend. There's no reason to assume other beam technology remained static for some reason.
>>
>>14622795
>Your wording suggest that a VSBR could penetrate a different I-field than the Crossbone X3. I'm not sure how that's relevant so I'm assuming that's a typo.
>Also, because they are both called the same thing and nothing has been said that the Victory's VSBRs are more powerful we only have evidence to say that they are the same as the ones used in Crossbone Gundam.

I-field generators can be overloaded, even powerful ones. Harry's gold Sumon's hand held I-field generator is overloaded and explodes after blocking a WaDom's main cannon, but then again that thing could wreck battleships. But the hand held I-field generator was also so powerful it could block physical objects, and Harry and his team even used them to put the Turn X into stasis.

I-field generators have limits, but it's just not clear what the limit is for each suit.
>>
>>14620976
>>14620995
>Comparing a mobile suit to 1337 H4X mobile armor that only MC can knock out
Anons pls.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.