[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible Chargeman Ken licence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: CpwdBxLWAAEBW2p.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CpwdBxLWAAEBW2p.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
So I don't know how accurate this is, but seems there might be a Chargeman Ken streaming and DVD release. May god have mercy on our souls.

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/764517983007887360
>>
I can't wait to ironically own all of Chargeman Ken.
>>
Yeah, Discotek announced it today.
>>
So, Ginguiser when?
>>
Dear Discotek representatives, do Kenya Boy next.
>>
>>14615419
Holy shit, Discotek truly is the absolute madman
>>
Charging
go go ken
go go ken

If you don't buy a copy don't talk to me.

If you're not going to watch every episode and join the daily Chargeman Ken discussions, don't talk to me.

This is what it means to Charging Go.

I hope they also bring over Astroganga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91bcAwGATDg
>>
>>14615419
I wonder if we'll ever get Jeeg
>>
>>14615419
Discotek are the heroes we don't deserve.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAVnSwCLk8E

Hooray.
>>
I guess it was inexpensive to license?
>>
>>14615419
>>14617762
Discotek and Vertical have loved us when no one else would
>>
>>14615419
pls no
>>
>>14617883
Part of me doesn't like the idea of it.

More people will find out about it and they'll ridicule it or watch it out for irony's sake.

They'll completely miss the point with it.

But the other part of me isn't phased by it.

I'll finally have access to decent quality Chargeman Ken episodes with English subtitles.

A blessing and a curse, but one I'm willing to live with to enjoy this show.
>>
>>14616107
would be nice to see Astroganger get brought over, it is one of the oldest /m/ series after all

>>14617908
what would you say are some good non-ironic aspects to Chargeman Ken then?
>>
>>14617932
He's completely amoral.

Ken is Io Fleming before Gundam even existed.

He's a violent, destructive monster with super human powers and a spaceship that allow him to crush, kill, maim, and destroy.

And the fun part is that it's not done because it's edgy.

They barely had time or budget to make it that way.

So to the view, it's just Ken's nature to do what he does.

I'm sorry, Professor Volga, but you're dead and I gotta use you to kill some aliens now.
>>
>>14617773
I doubt it.

Chargeman Ken was suddenly in demand since it became one giant big meme.
>>
GINGUISER WHEN
>>
>>14618560
if they've gone this far it seems inevitable
>>
>>14618564
Is it memetic across the ocean or just here?
>>
>>14618678
judging by chatter on futaba I'd say not as much
not as obscure as Golion, but known for the lolwat stuff of it
also not the goofball lovecrafian shit that comes up in our sphere of the onlines
>>
>>14617937
Is it bad if I don't see what's so strange about him using Volga to blow up some aliens? The dude was about to blown up anyway.
>>
>>14618746
Ken did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14618746
Anonymous

Ken did what he had to do.

It was a matter of protecting Earth's bravest politicians.

When it comes to world peace, what's the problem with sacrificing a human bomb that's no longer human?
>>
>>14615419
based Discotek

They're also doing the Red Jacket Lupin III, which makes me very excited for the decent subs they'll supposedly be adding to the half of the series that didn't have them.
>>
>>14619144
As much as I'd like to join the Charging Go train, VF-kun, I'm pretty sure it was strongly implied that Volga was mere moments away from exploding, what with all those flashes to the ticking clock.

Anyhow, if we're getting Chargeman Ken, I wonder if Astroganger and Attacker You aren't too far behind? And did Knack make anything else of note?
>>
>>14620603
You're getting onboard whether you like this or not.
>>
>>14620603
>did Knack make anything else of note
IIRC they worked on Groizer X and Govarian as well.
>>
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

coincidentally madman tend to play it safe
>>
Okay Discotek HAS to be a front for something, that much was always probable and this just makes it official. Not that I won't keep buying everything they release, but I want to know what kind of money it is I'm helping to launder.
>>
>>14620683
Then I suppose I'll never look back.

>>14620800
I bet they illegally modified high-flow sinks, toilets, and shower heads to California. They also might run raw milk and cheese.

>>14620691
I'd totally buy both of those.
>>
>five minute episodes
Sounds fun
>>
>>14620800
They're just smart. Instead of just releasing these shows that they want but no one will buy, they buy old licenses that have all the work done, rerelease them, and use the extra money to fund these older shows.
Though a lot of these older shows (Gorg, Mazinger, Cutey Honey, etc.) already had the work done and were just never released for some reason. I'm not sure what Diskotek has released that they actually had to put work into. Heck, this may be the first for them.
>>
>>14620897
Pretty sure most of their movies have entirely new subtitle tracks since the majority of them are rescues that only had dubbed VHS's.
>>
>>14616061
>>14618560
Hopefully soon, that would be a burden off my shoulders.
>>
>>14619156
They'll probably just be adding the already existing subs. But I am okay with that, since it's nice to finally be able to own the whole series without paying extravagant Japanese prices.
>>
>>14620897
> I'm not sure what Diskotek has released that they actually had to put work into.

Well, Jigen's Gravestone for one.
>>
>>14623191
You one of the crazies actually subbing it? The joke's old now, you can focus on something else.
>>
>>14620897
>I'm not sure what Diskotek has released that they actually had to put work into.
The Darkstalkers OVA is completely remastered. Looks much better than the previous releases.
>>
>>14616107
Astroganga is some shit when you're high. I imagine it'd be even more trippy if I actually knew what the fuck was being said.
>>
>>14615419

the episode 'Dynamite in the Brain' is pure anime kino
>>
>>14620897
It put out the only full subs for the Monster Rancher anime's Japanese version that exist, assuming TMS didn't have translated scripts to begin with.
>>
>I lived to witness Chargeman Ken being released out of Japan
>>
Time
>>
We should do a Chargeman Ken stream.
>>
>>14616107

I will, Glorious leader
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.