[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomino vs Takahashi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tomino and takahashi.png (403KB, 525x355px) Image search: [Google]
tomino and takahashi.png
403KB, 525x355px
Who wins in these match ups?

>Mobile Suit Gundam vs Fang of the Sun Dougram
>Space Runaway Ideon vs Armored Trooper VOTOMS
>Aura Battler Dunbine vs Panzer World Galient
>Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam vs Blue Comet SPT Layzner
>Garzey's Wing vs Gasaraki
>Brain Powerd vs Blue Gender
>Wings of Rean vs Flag
>>
>>14612839
The mecha or the shows?
>>
File: dunbine6.jpg (129KB, 999x747px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine6.jpg
129KB, 999x747px
>>14612839
Galient has better pacing but suffers from the world feeling really small. It only has a few key locations and the world is very undeveloped.

Despite Dunbine having too many episodes of nothing happening it manages to create an interesting world.

Dunbine is superior despite not being as well directed.

>Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam vs Blue Comet SPT Layzner

Layzner for not having a million useless skirmishes even if it's rushed as fuck.

Also, the Galient OVA is really rad.
>>
>I like both
>I like both
>I like both
>I like both
>Gasaraki
>I like both
>Flag

Takahashi wins.
>>
>>14612839
>Gundam
>Bottoms
>Dunbine (hard choice)
>Layzner (easy choice!)

That's all I got. Tomino is an ideas man, he comes up with the greatest settings but his shows tend to be a clusterfuck of random actions and dialogue. He is a good creator but a terrible director. Takahashi directing a Tomino creation would be fantastic.
>>
>>14613463
>He is a good creator but a terrible director.

>Implying F91 was badly directed
>Implying Ideon Be invoked was badly directed
>Implying his endings aren't spectacularly directed
>>
>>14612946
>Despite Dunbine having too many episodes of nothing happening it manages to create an interesting world.
And then throws it away 2/3 of the way through. I spent the whole last story arc wanting them to just go back to Byston Well.
>>
>>14613493
>Gundam endings
>spectacularly directed
What the FUCK did I just read?
>>
>>14612839
Brain Powered is the best mecha show of all time, so Tomino wins by a landslide.
>>
>>14613838
Zeta's and 079's are great.
>>
>>14613895
You must be trolling

Because no one on /m/ could be this right
>>
>>14612839
Anybody else think that their faces tell you what their work is like?

Tomino looks like an eccentric autist and Takahashi looks like he works in a university.

Tomino had some groundbreaking ideas and could at times pull them off with amazing execution but all of his work is loaded with weird little oddities which some people can accept and some people can't stand.

Takahashi on the other hand is a very solid and consistent storyteller who reliably delivers above-average content with original and clever ideas at the heart of each work.

Comparing these two doesn't really work. It's like saying 'George Lucas v Tony Scott.'
>>
>>14613463
>Takahashi directing a Tomino creation would be fantastic.
More like the most dry stale thing ever
>>
>>14614428
>Takahashi on the other hand is a very solid and consistent storyteller who reliably delivers above-average content with original and clever ideas at the heart of each work.
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>14614428
Having recently watched Tomino's more recent shows, I had a hard time recommending them despite loving them for all their flaws. At the very least, they felt very unlike other contemporary shows, not just other mecha shows, which often have a hard time clicking with me. I see the problems in the shows, even experienced them while watching, but nothing ever actually ruined my enjoyment of them.
>>
While I want to say takahashi, nothing he's done compares to Turn A.
>>
File: 1303837830128.png (8KB, 142x99px) Image search: [Google]
1303837830128.png
8KB, 142x99px
Can't I just like both?
>>
>>14615573
This is /m/ so no
>>
>>14612946
Dunbine did not deserve that ending.
It worked with Ideon but with Dunbine it was undeserved.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.