[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got the new subs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

The ones from the new dvd's?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>14611950
Yeah, get it right here:

http://www.discotekmedia.com/devilman.htm
>>
>>14611957
Your a riot, now stop being a shit face and help
>>
Found a shitty quality torrent on nyaa with the newly released version, I'll be making a blu-ray release. Anyone want to spot check the subs for errors?

It'll be good to have a release that doesn't look like complete ass for once, won't it?
>>
File: lmfao.png (896KB, 841x631px) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.png
896KB, 841x631px
>>14610998
Maybe you should buy it so we can get more 70s anime, faggot.
>>
File: scrooge.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>14612630

Fuck you and try supporting the shit coming over for a change.
>>
File: my fetish.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
my fetish.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>14612909
>>14612901
Like a good goy, I bet you feel proud of yourself after such a feat. You can eat a bag of dicks for all I care.

Again, anyone want to help out fixing any errors in the subs from the ocr?
>>
Someone posted a rip of the DVDs along with the Mazinger Z ones. I got the Mazinger ones but missed the Devilman ones. Anyone still have the link.
Also, keep in mind that Discotek didn't do any work on these. Toei translated Devilman along with Mazinger Z, Captain Harlock, GE999, and a bunch of other shows a few years back and released some online but held some back. Discotek just put them on some discs and released them. All the credits are to Toei and some other company that did the work.
So buying them won't get you more 70s shows, especially from Discotek who just repackage already done shows.
>>
>>14612939

>WAAAAAAAH I DESERVE EVERYTHING FOR FREEEEEEE
>>
Shit like this is why we'll never get a decent, physical release of the manga in the US.

This set is super cheap, just buy the fucking thing or deal with the bootleg Chinese subs.
>>
>>14612967
Not completely true. Devilman and Mazinger Z were at the very least edited. Cutey Honey was, unfortunately, just what Toei provided.

That said, buying more of these shows WILL get the US more classic anime. Yeah, it doesn't guarantee amazing translations, but sales prove there are actual CONSUMERS (not just fans) for this material.
>>
File: gaiking.jpg (87KB, 588x604px) Image search: [Google]
gaiking.jpg
87KB, 588x604px
Not OP but while I'm not a "piracy is for cool edgy dudes, fuck capitalism" type and support creators, I don't want to support Discotek because

1. they are not creators

2. they are Anime Encyclopedia clique-shilling faggots who promote has-beens like Jonathan Clements. People who stopped liking anime long ago and yet still ride the "anime expert" wagon purely on what they did in their younger years to validate made up shit as "scholarly knowledge". Or people like Reed from the Lupin.com forums who, while not bad people who pretend to be experts, do not belong on the commentary track of a DVD and also spread misinformation simply because they were given a job they couldn't refuse but were also not fit to properly do.

Maybe I'd change my mind if they brought over something I cared about that was never fan-translated before; like if they licensed, say, the original Gaiking TV show which I've wanted to see for eons. But as of now the bad part of supporting them outweighs the good.
>>
>>14614341
http://www.discotekmedia.com/blog/?p=3985 Wait fuck, looks like they are doing Gaiking. Guess I'll have to support them then after all.

The "anime expert clique" commentaries are still faggy shit though and I'll still criticize the release if it has some idiot doing the commentary.
>>
File: maroon 5 misery.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maroon 5 misery.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>14612967
Thanks for the info. Devilman is on nyaa: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=772671

>>14613176
Who said that? I buy anime I like when it's available in my country, devil man is not.

>>14613193
Boo hoo
>>
>>14614341

Calm down, BusterBeam.
>>
>>14614352
I don't think you'll have to worry about that, because their Toei releases are as vanilla as they can get.
>>
>>14614341
>actually it's about ethics in old cartoon forums
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.