[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m stand on Macross Delta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: allahuakbar.jpg (87KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
allahuakbar.jpg
87KB, 640x360px
So, anon-kuns, what's your consensus on Macross Delta so far?
I ignored this franchise since... M:Plus. Like, really, anything since it wasn't to my taste. Does Delta redeem Macross?
BTW dat Siegfreid so cool, but Draken III... I mean, it hasa awesome jet mode, cool and ,,original" transformation(by ,,original" I mean not used in any other animated VF), but falls short with it's battroid. Srsly, that thing looks like shit.
>>
>>14607864
>robotech
shit bait thread. Into trash it goes.
>>
>>14607873
and learn to use the catalog next time:
>>14603781
>>
>>14607864

I'm reserving judgement until the show is complete.

It started strong, but has been dragging for a while now in the middle. Or at least, it FEELS like it is dragging. I feel like the focus on such a large cast is unfortunately preventing us from getting a lot of development for anyone beyond Hayate, Freya, and Keith. Everyone else is just sort of there, even Mirage.

That said, Macross is no stranger to pacing issues, but they have saved themselves before with stellar endings that make the wonky buildup worth it.

If Delta sticks the landing, it is redeem itself into a decent show. Some strong points, some weak points, overall enjoyable. But if it fucks up the ending it will become like Captain Earth: a lame show with a great start and a couple of good features that unfortunately don't make up for its flaws.
>>
File: MacrossPlusOVAep1.webm (3MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossPlusOVAep1.webm
3MB, 600x600px
>>14607864
Weaker music than average for the series. It's still fine, but nothing special

I really struggle to like the characters. It seems they tried to make too many characters relevant and it makes me struggle real fucking hard to give a shit about the main characters.
There are insane amounts of filler episodes that don't even try to build the characters is high even for Macross.
The Siegfried is one cool VF, but the battles have been pretty similar to each other. This will probably be fixed for the movies like in Macross Frontier.
I also thought the premise was kinda promising, but so far it has done nothing original with it, and the antagonists are not interesting to me personally, although I haven't thought enough about them to determine if they are bad or just not to my taste.

I'm really not a fan of Macross Delta ep.19 retroactively fucking over the message of the other Macross anime. To me, Macross has always been about the impact of Culture on our lives, and how the respect for different culture can unify people. Now, Delta is implying the music was not so intangible and was an intentionally designed as a weapon/subjugation mechanism, and only chosen people get to wield its power. This is different than even Sheryl and Ranka having the ability to communicate with just the Vajra, because they were not controlling the Vajra, but rather singing it a song of their own design that made them emotional, and want to protect the singer communicating with them, thus triggering an attack. The implication of this development is that all the message of SDF, M7 and Frontier are thrown into question and it really rustled my jimmies.
>>
>>14608088

I think that 19's message about music is going to get a hard rebuttal by the end of the show. This was, after all, the POV of the bad guys who are explicitly already using the song of the wind as a mind control weapon.

They are not wrong that music in Macross is clearly something special. It is powerful. Its obvious to see that it is powerful, given what has happened in previous macross shows.
But the how and why it is powerful is up to interpretation. That's all we got: one interpretation.

I would hardly be surprised, though, if music was intentionally left behind by the protoculture to accomplish some task. Its been the silver bullet to fixing leftover protoculture mistakes at least twice now (the Zentradi and the Protodevlin).
>>
>>14608104
>I would hardly be surprised, though, if music was intentionally left behind by the protoculture to accomplish some task. It's been the silver bullet to fixing leftover protoculture mistakes at least twice now (the Zentradi and the Protodevlin).

Well, I do plan on waiting it out. I think Delta has to have a really phenomenal ending to make up for all the character and plot meandering it does, but most Macross series do have much better endings than beginnings and middles, so here's hoping that it really excels when it needs to.
>>
>>14608124

Yep.

I think you are right, though, that the movie(s) version of Delta will likely be stronger. Frontier's movies were pretty great even if they went off in their own direction, but Delta would likely benefit greatly from being forced to tell its story in a more concise format.

Only a handful of scenes and battles really matter, plot progression wise. Its almost as if the show was designed to be easily condensed into a following movie or two.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.