[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jerid Messa. Good villain, Or Bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: jerid messa.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
jerid messa.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Good take on the "foiled again" villain. That shows his true potential as a threat in the later parts of the series. Fairly developed. I honestly don't get why people hate him as a Villain. MEME PICTURES REVOLVING AROUND JERID ARE APPRECIATED.
>>
>>14607414
he more or less exists as the series punching bag, and his only plot purpose is to inconvenience Kamille while he culls secondary characters who've completed their arcs.

Hes more a utilitarian character to the plot, rather than a romantic one.
>>
>>14607414
I do appreciate the idea that Jerid was the foil to Kamille. Both start off as obsessed brats that basically have a dick-measuring contest in how many friends/girl-friends they can kill. But by the end, Jerid is still trying to kill his rival Kamille, while Kamille himself has moved and is busy fighting the bigger bads of Haman and Scirocco. Kamille matured and looked at a bigger picture than just a rivalry and revenge.
>>
File: 1232517.png (120KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1232517.png
120KB, 225x350px
>>14607418
He managed to romantically attract the best girl in the series, so thats something at least.
>>
File: piggle.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
piggle.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>14607433
YOU. you get me. :D

>>14607439
Faps into jerid body pillow
>>
>>14607439

Mour deserved so much better
>>
>>14607457
He met Jerid. Associating with Jerid just gets you killed.
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 500x500px
>>
File: check em.jpg (89KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
89KB, 499x498px
Jerid, isn't that a girl's name?
>>
>>14608454
Jerid is a jock name.
>>
>>14607414
Jerid is a common trope that pops up in Tomino shows where there's a character who tries to be the MC's rival but the MC doesn't even notice him and then he either dies in some pathetic way or is just totally forgotten about. See: Mask, Cronicle, Todd, etc.
>>
>>14608480
>Chronicle

Ha, died like a bitch. Also got his rival spot taken by Katejina as soon as she got into a MS
>>
>>14607418
That's a pretty autistic view of a character who functioned as a direct character foil to Kamile. His entire point is that he's the one in the wrong in his and Kamilles feud, ending up being the only one still dwelling on their rivalry and it costs him not just everything he cared about but his life as well.

His death is pathetic because he grows into a pathetic person.
>>
>>14608454
He did inspire a lot of people...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cxL9oCw2k
>>
>>14609212
He spent the entire series getting dunked on and his lack of self-awareness meant he stayed with the Titans the entire way. Of course he's not going to have the sense or perspective to focus on anything other than his hatred for Kamille.

FFS, if he had just kept his mouth shut and not insulted Kamille, the AEUG would never have pulled off the Gundam Mk.2 hijack.
>>
>>14607414
My friend and I are watching Zeta again and Jerid's constant failures are funny to us.
>>
>>14609687
That's technically the point of his character, he's to show how Kamille would turn out if his Mentors kept dying and he never grew.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 260x194px
>>
>>14609697
I thought that's what SEED Destiny did for us?
>>
>>14607774
Uh, What?
>>
Honestly by the end of Zeta I was so tired of him as a character, getting beaten by Kamille and running away got so stale so quickly. He should have died earlier in the series imo
>>
>>14609183

Also said rival was like 10
>>
>>14607414
His intended full last line is what cemented him as a great character fulfilling his role.
>>
>>14608480
Cronicle is a Garma, not a rival.
>>
>>14610382
that last line made me so sad. And he is a dick.
>>
>>14610372

>He should have died earlier in the series imo

You mean like actually dying from falling off the cliff when Kamille throw him down the mountain at Kilimanjaro? Any other person would probably be dead already.
>>
File: jerrid.jpg (11KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
jerrid.jpg
11KB, 300x222px
>>14607414
He's the best mobile suit pilot, he used to pass by every one and a while.
>>
>>14610382
>His intended full last line
What was it?
>>
File: 1420589279771.gif (989KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420589279771.gif
989KB, 300x225px
>>14610409
What a hero.
>>
>>14607439
>love interest is hotter Kamille
Now this is poetry.

>>14610382
Don't tease and not tell us.
>>
>>14609725
It would appear that Super Sayian Bright Noa turns into Jerid.
>>
>>14608480
>Todd

Rewatching Dunbine, I was actually kind of surprised to look back and realize that Jerid's basically a more jerkish Todd rather than a Char.

Both get established as a secondary rival pretty early on, but Todd is also shown to be driven by other things besides just killing Shou (first proving himself to Drake, then not getting shown up by Allen, then it turns to payback before they get to Upper Earth and he manages to let the grudge take a backseat to protecting his family.)

By comparison, Jerid's already part of the Titan elite whose main drive is to avenge the slowly growing pile of people who serve with him. Where Todd still keeps aware of the shit going on around him, Jerid becomes more pinpoint obsessed with Kamille, losing more people and causing the organization he once vowed to lead to burn.

That said, I like the dichotomy he has with Kamille, but when I line him up with the earlier version, I have a harder time sympathizing with Jerid, since I mostly just see someone who digs his own grave now.
>>
>>14610409
Allegedly, he was actually supposed to die in the ep where Mouar bites it (hence the title 'Jerid's Suicide Attack'). Can't remember if it was credited as fan demand that changed that or something else, but there is something to be said for it, given how his arc sort of comes unglued after that.
>>
>>14607414
I just keep on getting the impression that him and Kamille just DESERVE each other and to ruin eachother's lives and murder the people the other cares about. Because they're both little shit stains.

I feel like I should be rooting for Jerrid since in another show, Kamille would be the villain, but I can't do it.
>>
>>14612763
>I feel like I should be rooting for Jerrid since in another show, Kamille would be the villain, but I can't do it.

Nah. Jerid's the guy who killed someone's mother, mocked them for it, and then went "No hard feelings, am I right?"

He'd still be the villain of the two.
>>
>>14612818
Yeah but this is the kid who, the moment he steps into the Gundam, grabs and tortures an unarmed man by crushing it with the Gundam's giant hands.

What I meant is I can't really root for either of them, which is probably why I keep wishing Emma Sheen were the protag instead of Kamille.
>>
>>14612865
I could support that.
>>
>>14610438
>>14611275
What we got to hear when he was dying was "Kamiiyu, kisama wa ore no...!" which anyone would simply translate as "Kamille, you're my...!" without anymore context, and so it appears like that in any subtitled version, leaving the question open. However, in the booklet of las volume of the DVD release of the series, Tomino explained that the full line was "Kamiiyu, kisama wa ore no subete wo ubatta!" which means "Kamille, you took away everything from me!"
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.