[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Fafner tech wise compare to AU and UC Gundam tech, /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 1450738002213.webm (780KB, 498x404px) Image search: [Google]
1450738002213.webm
780KB, 498x404px
How does Fafner tech wise compare to AU and UC Gundam tech, /m/? More advanced? Same level? Inferior?
>>
>>14605099
Aside from the direct link to the nervous system, technically inferior, just going by their regular equipment.

But assuming they're all awakened with their special powers, on par/superior to Turn A. Sure, Turn A can create black holes, but so can several Fafners, notably Nicht, and all of them were designed to resist those black holes to an extent.

Then you have fucking Sein, who is literally the representative of Existence, and like Belcross, can just punch through black holes and resist them as if they were nothing. And it can assimilate and power up anything it touches.

Their only weaknesses really are the fact that it'll be hard to actually mass-produce them given the pilots are the other half of what grants their power and the use of Festum elements. Among other things.
>>
>>14605099
Depends, they are gigantic and actually have some pretty strong chields but aside from that they aren't all that powerful.

And then there are the ones piloted by the Festum hybrids like the Sein and Nicht, those are fucking magic and would rape most of the MS thanks to controlling gravity to the point of using weaponized black holes, being able to regenerate their mecha from everything thrown their way and as Nicht showed he can take control of other things and basically overclock them
>>
>>14605162
I don't think they are on par or superior to the Turn A.
>>
File: gmsniperii.jpg (46KB, 300x603px) Image search: [Google]
gmsniperii.jpg
46KB, 300x603px
>>14605099
Someone called for takeout? This guy says he has a order for a hamburger.
>>
>>14605651
>not posting the superior White Dingo Team version.
>>
>>14605162
>Then you have fucking Sein, who is literally the representative of Existence,
Well, I mean yes, but that's a little more of a decorative theme for Sein. Not like it must exist in any version of reality like Belcross.

But yeah, I don't think Fafners necessarily shine technology-wise, they don't need to. Most of the actual strength comes from the fact that they're basically Festum trapped in metal shells.
>>
>>14605099
>Wants to watch SoF
>Can't find any torrents for the first season
>>
>>14606426
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=464659
You don't need all the extras, but still, brace yourself.
>>
>>14606433
>9 peers
>1 seeds
>>
>>14606426
[Daman]
>>
Basically the majority of Fafners fall lower on the power scale, they're just bigger than most suits don't have the versatility or the firepower of MS.

However, the strongest Fafners easily outperform the strongest MS because of all the magic bullshit they can whip up with SDP.

The question to ask is, are Newtypes MORE or LESS vulnerable to Festum mind attacks with their heightened awareness?
>>
OP, it's kinda weird cause the Fafners are essentially mechanical shells for their Festum cores. Supposing the pilot has sufficient balls of steel and a nod from admiral awesome, the Fafners can be as strong as the strongest Festum, possibly stronger. The Fafner is basically an overclocking utility for what is basically a Festum entity that it is housing.

>>14606441
Search the archive for the uberlink.
>>
File: 1448591033856.jpg (212KB, 1000x632px) Image search: [Google]
1448591033856.jpg
212KB, 1000x632px
>>14605099
Basically reverse-engineered Festum HAX vs Minovsky particles and Newtype HAX
>>
>>14606913
Given that Esperantos are more or less Newtypes able to communicate with Festum and other gifted humans, but just are just as affected by Festum on a scale worse than normal humans, Newtypes should be more vulnerable to mind attacks.

Moreso if they can't comprehend Festum and end up suffering from a mental overload like Setsuna did the entire time he was in contact with the ELS without VEDA linked to help him process all the info.
>>
>>14606954
I don't think Newtypes would be at all affected byh them.
>>
>>14606982
Literally everyone is affected by the festum.
>>
>>14606988
And that's only within Fafner's universe, not Gundam's. And Setsuna wasn't even a Newtype but an Innovator and that has to do not with contact with an alien mind but rather the sheer quantity of them overwhelming him.
>>
>>14607007
>only within Fafner's universe
The Festum are multiversal beings
>>
>>14607010
Not really. And I when I said "Fafner's universe" I mean the actual fiction itself.
>>
>>14607016
Are homo sapiens different in Gundam than in Fafner?
No, so they're as susceptible.
Newtypes don't possess a significant deviation in physiology.

>not really
They have access to an extra-dimensional plane of energy.
They're multiversal beings.
>>
File: 1426239899241.jpg (952KB, 1200x893px) Image search: [Google]
1426239899241.jpg
952KB, 1200x893px
UNDERSTANDING alone can't stop the Festum threat.

The ones that wanted to keep exterminating humanity became vastly more dangerous as a result of their new knowledge.

Good one D-Islanders.
>>
>>14607023
So a no limits fallacy?

>They have access to an extra-dimensional plane of energy
That doesn't equate to being multiversal either. Multiversal are abstract entities like the cosmics in Marvel or DC comics; Living Tribunal, Eternity, Multi-Eternity, Galactus, Abaraxas, Anti-Monitor, etc...
>>
>>14607026
>Still saying D Island

NUN please go.
>>
>>14607026
What's stopping ELS 00 Qan[t]a from wiping them out? Or Turn A and Turn X? Or Awakened Unicorn and Banshee? Or God Gundam?

>>14607023
By this approach, Turn A is multiversal because it has a black hole generator which draws power from a theoretical different from of matter and energy in a different dimension if you go by prevailing scientific theory.
>>
>>14607028
>So a no limits fallacy?
Essentially.

>multiversal
Pick a different word then.
>>14607033
>Turn A is multiversal
I'll buy it. All roads do lead to Turn-A. . .
>>
>>14607023
Uh, Newtypes/Innovators/Super Soldiers/Innovades/Extended/Boosted/Cyber-Newtypes are all from completely different stories in a different franchise with different universes then Fafner's. And yes, Cyber-Newtypes for example are also physically and genetically enhanced in UC. They do the same with the Extended/Boosted Men in CE, and the Trinities and Innovades both in AD; hell Innovators are Newtypes in AD who generally don't age, live at least twice as long as normal humans and are physically superior like Coordinators are to Naturals.

I'd say its iffy at best.
>>
>>14607038
>All roads do lead to Turn-A.
>except 00
>and AGE
>and GBF/Try
>and G-Reco (if Tomino wasn't bullshiting)
>and IBO
>>
>>14607038
>Pick a different word
I don't know what the specific term from shunting or drawing power/energy from a different dimension would be to be honest, familia. Multi-dimensional?
>>
>>14607026
That's the big moral issue of Fafner though. Tatsumiya helped build the bridge for human and Festum communication, but Tatsumiya's isolationism basically let thing spiral out of control.

And yet you ultimately can't blame them because at the end of DA if they'd tried to enter the world stage with their current resources and manpower, Hester would have fucking destroyed them. It was ultimately the end of HaE when they should have started to take some form of action, because when they learned that Nuns were still nuking Festum regardless of their intent and that the Festum had advanced enough to mimic human weapons and force unaffiliated Festum to fight for them, that staying hands off would only escalate things.

>>14607051
Super Dimensional
They're Super Dimensional beings.

That's what their powers are even called. Super Dimensional powers.
>>
>>14607055
>powers
More specifically, 'Phenomena'
I did note that you didn't capitalize powers, but for clarity for the SRW kiddies that have leaked in here.
>>
>>14607023
Tatsumiyajima pilots were born gene-modified with Festum resistance factors but still die from assimilation quite easily and piloting Fafners significantly impacts their health and lifespan.

NUN pilots were dead meat until they got the Makabe factor and assimilation blocking drugs but even then barely compete with the islander pilots. Once they start piloting Fafners their lifespan is a couple of years, tops.

Baseline humans would have no chance.
>>
>>14607068
>Baseline humans would have no chance.
And NTs are essentially just these, but with a heightened awareness.
>>
>>14607074
>Newtypes
>baseline humans
You mean besides possessing vastly superior reflexes, essentially negative reaction time thanks to precognition, clairvoyance, telepathy, empathy, danger sense, and the ability to form mental or psychic bonds?

Yeah okay buddy.

>>14607055
Their watered down versions of Getter Ray monsters. Think of Festum being the made in Korea expies.
>>
>>14607074
What we need to fully understand is what the makes the humans who are meant to survive the Red Shoe's Plan so special.

>>14607079
>Festum
>Watered down Getter monsters

Fuck off faggot, that's not even accurate. Invaders need to fucking physically touch you to hijack you at all.

Festum can just think at you funny and make you pop.
>>
>>14607088
>anime-onlyfag
You fuck off.
>>
Please don't fuck up and otherwise civil thread guys
>>
>>14607106
Blame the Spics.

>>14607095
I don't read unfinished garbage.
>>
>>14607108
>Spics
>unique IPs
>10
>>
>>14607113
You stupid or something?
I mean in general. If some autist is ranting about how Getter is the ultimate be all end up original mecha, then you can blame Spics as a whole.

You're just the only filthy one up right now.
>>
>>14607120
Why are there only spics in a thread if you hear Getter Robo? Is this some kind of shitposting tradition? Either way I'm asking you to stop shitting up my thread, man.
>>
>>14607128
1) How new?
2) report and ignore
>>
What happens if the Festum and ELS meet?
>>
>>14607130
>Implying Spic accusing is old.
>>
>>14607136
Powerlevels threads.
>>
>>14607130
I'm pretty sure he's literally the samefag who shits up Getter threads and was spamming "spic this" in that last power level thread over anti-Nagano posters.
>>
So what do you guys think is going to happen to Tatsumiyajima after Exodus? I think they will raise back from the sea but this time it will be gone for good in the new season. I'm not expecting a happy ending but I'd rather have it not end on a cliffhanger.

In a fight against MS, I think Fafners would come out on top because of their ablities/SDP. Now about the Turn A, Nicht and Sein would probably win. I can't really give a fair answer because I haven't seen Turn A yet. Technological Tatsumiyajima is about a bit ahead on mech tech, if they could actually go into space they'd probably be much more ahead. Plus with that old hag trying to nuke them every chance she gets doesn't help either.
>>
>>14607333
i do not think they will be making a new season at all, a movie maybe
>>
>>14607007
Setsuna could possibly talk to festum. But a lot of festum are hateful unlike ELS who were just defensive.
>>
>>14607333
Turn A would win but Loran with Turn A would probably not win. He doesn't know all the weapons.
>>
>>14607148
That's a nice bogeyman you have there, Pablo.
>>
>>14608488
Who?
>>
Most Fafners, while fucking gigantic, aren't armed with anything special.

Salvator models are fucking bullshit though.
>>
>>14607033
>What's stopping ELS 00 Qan[t]a from wiping them out? Or Turn A and Turn X? Or Awakened Unicorn and Banshee? Or God Gundam?
While I honestly don't know how it would go with the ELS since they too like to assimilate you have the problem that Festum can assimilate thing from a reasonable range if they focuse on anything and then there are the gorillion gravity powers they use for each given situation and like the ELS they can use weaponry that is assimilated by them
>>
>>14610377
ELS assimilate the Festum
Festum assimilate the ELS
Now you have ELS-Festum hybrids that assimilate the surviving Festum and ELS

Good job.
>>
File: THIS TOO IS A JAM PLOT.jpg (36KB, 626x476px) Image search: [Google]
THIS TOO IS A JAM PLOT.jpg
36KB, 626x476px
>>14610449
I BET THE JAM DID THIS.
>>
>>14605162
Also, keep in mind that none of the pilots in the series has actually killed another human being before aside from Maya. Its actually a huge plot point that they refuse to turn their guns on other people.
>>
>>14607040
What's the point of this topic then, if every time someone brings it up you just go "nuh uh, they don't count, therefore whatever advantage X series has over gundams is nulled".
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.