[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Gundam IBO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_o4gkzulVXs1rvk9zxo1_1280.jpg (75KB, 886x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4gkzulVXs1rvk9zxo1_1280.jpg
75KB, 886x500px
So why you nig's hate IBO? That was perfectly fine Gundam show y'know.
And also I noticed that IBO-haters started to pop out well after show finished airing, don't kno y
>>
>>14605062
>after
Enjoying your first day on 4chan?
>>
Bait
>>
File: Make B8 G8.jpg (18KB, 552x554px) Image search: [Google]
Make B8 G8.jpg
18KB, 552x554px
>>14605062
>>
File: summary_of_IBO.jpg (286KB, 1267x650px) Image search: [Google]
summary_of_IBO.jpg
286KB, 1267x650px
>And also I noticed that IBO-haters started to pop out well after show finished airing, don't kno y

Nigger we hated it when it was airing too. In addition to having
>terribly written characters
>horrible case of tell-not-show
>terrible animation
>shit MS designs
It also committed the cardinal sin of being FUCKING BORING. HOW DO YOU DO THAT IN A SHOW ABOUT GIANT ROBOTS?
>>
>Nothing happens in any way; the series
Nah fuck off
Characters were trash, mechanical designs were boring and uninspired, action was very poor and Kudelia was fucking aggravating to watch.
>>
>>14605062
Every show has haters, and haters always post the loudest. When the second season airs, there will be people complaining about how disappointing it is after season 1. They will talk about how great season 1 was, what potential it had that was wasted by season 2, and how the show should have just ended there.

Later, when two more new series have gone by, the series as a whole will be appreciated by most, though few will say it's their favorite, and all the haters will be busy complaining about the new shows.

Happens every time.
>>
File: cqjHJTD.png (129KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
cqjHJTD.png
129KB, 360x406px
OPfag here
I was somewhat baiting, but really, didn't expect that in 2 mins so many people would came to bash it...
I enjoyed it, really, it was fine, go fck urself
>>
>>14605062
Literally everything about IBO was shit.
>>
>>14605076
>shit MS designs

Wrong
>>
>>14605143
>copy and paste grazes everywhere
>good MS design
>>
>>14605076
>horrible case of tell-not-show

It's funny because /m/ still managed to get confused by IBO despite it going out of its way to spell everything out in painstaking detail.
>>
>>14605145
Grazes were the only good design from IBO.
More Graze variants are better than any Barbatos or Hyakuris.
>>
File: 1459092993863.png (344KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459092993863.png
344KB, 600x700px
>>14605062
it was really good...i like every gundam though (even seed), but this was a good mix of feel good characters and sweet brutality. people who dont like it are probably niggers
>>
>>14605156
I liked the Kimaris desu. But yeah most of the designs besides the graze were shit and even then they just kept recycling it over and over again.
>>
>>14605062
>haha you all bitter contrarians can't enjoy things like a tasteful man such as myself
>types like a 12 year old faggot
>lol funny image with meme text XDDD
You just lost all of the credibility you didn't know you had.

IBO is the first gundam series where I decided to fast forward through the episodes, conclude there's fucking nothing, delete the file and wait for next week's new episode.
>>
>>14605062
You know, when the series started, we tried having /ibog/ threads just for it. Those lasted until like episode three before the sheer amount of hate for the show killed them off.

There were still loads of threads, mind, just apparently no one was interested enough to maintain a general for it.
>>
>>14605251
Should have just changed it to /saibog/ - Shitposting About IBO General.
>>
>>14605224

You expected a serious and meaningful talk about anything on /m?
BTW not 12yr old, but faggot yes
>>
File: 20151121203806ff5.jpg (854KB, 1157x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20151121203806ff5.jpg
854KB, 1157x1200px
>>14605156
Barbatos was a good design. Enough good anyway to buy Hi-Res in my case.
And form 6... How can you not love it? It looks like an armed sports car.
>>
>>14605062

The show reached its climax in the first and second episodes ironically, and from there it started to dwindling down to mediocrity to the point that I was not care enough to finish it ( I am about 5 episodes left )

Do I hate the show? no.

Do I like the show? no.
>>
I thought IBO was great.
Then episode three ended and from then on it went downhill. Fucking robo revengenator couldn't even score a kill after signing up to be a mobile suit death god.
>>
>>14605062
I hate IBO because it's fucking boring. It has an excellent set up and idea but struggles to go anywhere with them. Often when I hear people talk positively about this show I feel like they're not talking about the show itself, but rather an ideal version of the show.

Here's how I would have imrpoved IBO
>have a clearer focus on who the villians are, instead of swapping every week from fighting teiwaz to fighting pirates to fighting bumblefuck
>cut down the space aarc
>show some growth in Mikazuki and show interpersonal conflict between him and the other characters. As it stands Mikazukis boring because they have his cold blooded personality and don't go anywhere with it
>less exposition, characters should be displaying their feelings through the way they act, not making speeches about it to the audience
>kill off more people. This may sound petty, but I feel like in this gritty war more people should die. IBO looks and sounds gritty but it's really not that gritty
>finally make the fights less curbstompy. Mikazuki should be struggling against every enemy, cannibalizing their machines just so he can keep running in the next battle

I feel like the show improved a lot in the later episodes, so maybe season 2 will be good. I liked the start, so maybe we'll be able to look back on IBO as being a show which just had one really bad arc in it.

>>14605251
Remember when we all took our shirts off and did pushups for it?
>>
The show has very bad pacing, so much so it feels like they only had content to fill half the episodes. This leads to episodes where they just sit explaining what has happened and making some very clear hints about what is about to happen. Sometimes so badly that you get "did I mention I had a brother?" twice just before they meet.

But despite this slow pace, they use none of it to flesh the characters out. At best they are cookie cutter and at worst they add barely anything to the story. Mots amazingly is Mika who adds so little until his little speech at the end, which really doesn't actually effect the story at all as they just continue as normal. The only people who like him are edgytards who jerk off that he doesn't care about what is happening. Then you have Kudelia, at every turn a character they had to make seem as incompetent as possible while somehow holding so much power and status. She spends 75% of the show just wandering around saying she is so useless oh dear me, finding a answer that episode but then going back to being a mopping bitch.But good rivals can make up for it right? Well we have Not-Char who, sits back and seem to do stuff in the background that seem to help a goal we can guess is related to corruption at best. Then Ein, who fails at every task he is given. And then Not-Garma, who is just Garma.

Though with all the inaction the actual fights must be great right? Wrong the animation is terrible and the choreography amateur at best

The only thing this show had going for it was initial concepts
>>
>>14605251
It wasn't just hate, it was general lack of interest. people talked for it like three days after, 5 at best.

The show just didn't have enough going on, meanwhile both greco and try had generals that lasted. Well Trys kinda started falling off but it did better than this
>>
File: is this yuri.gif (329KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
is this yuri.gif
329KB, 500x373px
>>14605342
>It has an excellent set up and idea but struggles to go anywhere with them.
Fucking this. After the first reveals, I was pretty exited to see what they would do with this show. It was such a big departure from the stuff we usually see in gundam. Instead of doing even the most obvious things, let alone something interesting, they did absolutely fucking nothing. All set ups and no payoff. The absolute worst part is that at times, you can see glimpses of what this show was meant to be, but somehow almost none of that made it into the final product. What a complete waste.
>>
Nice false flag, G Recuck. Nobody gave a shit about your trainwreck
>>
>>14605342
>I feel like they're not talking about the show itself, but rather an ideal version of the show.
This so much. People bring up such weird points to praise like great grunt action when they are as useless as ever or melee combat is so brutal when it is still one hit kills and bad animation means it never looks good.

Even the Mars politics just never goes anywhere, especially cause they decided to make Kudelia a complete idiot who doesn't even see to understand the basics yet somehow was able to become a notable figure in the movement. Even if she was stupid going in rising to the top should mean she learns something, but she doesn't and she doesn't even have the charisma to do that. Why was she even selected to be the diplomat? If it was about trade on mars surely multiple people would have to agree not just that one evil guy, or maybe he just owns everything sure why not. It's as much thought as the show puts in
>>
>>14605089
Yep, happened with AGE and Try alright. Those don't get any hate anymore. Even G-Reco had a bigger fanbase (granted, bigger levels of shitposting too) when it was airing, stop being dumb.
>>
>>14605280
The Hi-Res Barbatos is nice, but like the Metal Build Destiny, it's not really the same as the design from the anime.
>>
>>14605069
>>14605070
>>14605074
>>14605076
>>14605077
>>14605089
>>14605100
>>14605110
wow, /m/ sure is offended by a superior series the g-rectum and gundam baby fighters :^)
>>
>>14605062
Ok anime, bad gundam
>>
File: 1445906757780.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1445906757780.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>it's a "/m/ pretends to hate IBO because there wasn't enough giant robots in it" episode
>>
>>14606027
>/m/ doesn't hate IBO
Most of the discussion about the show was about how much it sucked.
>>
>>14605062
>I noticed that IBO-haters started to pop out well after show finished airing

They were active BEFORE the show aired.
>>
Love that the 'quality argument' is dead and buried with Berserk 2016.

IBO was AMAZING.
>>
>>14605342
>Often when I hear people talk positively about this show I feel like they're not talking about the show itself, but rather an ideal version of the show.

>>14605343
>The only thing this show had going for it was initial concepts

It really doesn't help that a lot of the things IBO did are being done better in recent shows. Thunderbolt didn't romanticize child soldiers like IBO did, and Io gave no fucks about killing while still being entertaining. Kuromukuro has a good melee focus while balancing tension in it's bouts. Even fucking Delta managed to make it's protagonists feel like underdogs after Windemere began taking over shit.

IBO has nothing. I'd compare it to Aldnoah really. Interesting ideas, horrible execution.
>>
I honestly pity IBO.

It never had chance here.
>>
>>14605062
I strongly disliked the entire cast and found the story uninteresting. It also looked like shit.
>>
Ibo is liked by people who dont like mecha or have not seen gundam. Comments i usually see that are positive are given by people who have little exposure to the mecha genre and actuallky like how the gundam is not in every episode.
>>
File: 1449249184976.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449249184976.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>14605062
>don't kno y
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.