[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surprised Zeon didn't have more defections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: Zeon Soldier.jpg (53KB, 409x868px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon Soldier.jpg
53KB, 409x868px
You have the extremism of the leadership, the colony-gassing, and the colony-dropping.

You would think more Zeon personnel would balk.
>>
>>14604156
>Glorious Zeon

>Doing anything Wrong

>Not inspiring unshakable loyalty in the brave men and women fighting for INDEPENDENCE

Seems like someone need be reporting to re-education center.
>>
>>14604156

Because defecting meant having to throw away your uniform

And who in their right mind would give up the chance to keep wearing these sweet threads?
>>
File: HurrDurrrrr.png (447KB, 349x668px) Image search: [Google]
HurrDurrrrr.png
447KB, 349x668px
>>14604222
Jesus! Looks like SOMEONE has been absorbing a little too many cosmic rays from living in space...
>>
>>14604156
Pretty much the same as the nazis. Footsoldiers have no idea what happens in every theatre of war. Could just be enemy propaganda to make you give up.
>>
>>14604156
Several things you have to understand. They have numerous parallels in reality as well - things we see in a lot of independence/terrorist uprisings.

The Autonomous Republic of Munzo was first formed by Zeon Zum Deikun because the colonies were considered - and treated as - second-class citizens. They descended from those who had been forced into the colonization projects, with those remaining on earth being "the chosen elite". So right there, you can already see where shit's gonna head, especially once they get industry going properly. You know; once you've paid back the investment made in your colony several times over and they're still jacking taxes up again because fuck you you're just a colony pay up.

Because that's what dictators and Tyrants need. When Zeon died and was replaced by Zabi (his last words were a "whodunit" clue to his death, but were instead twisted into proof of whom he wanted to succeed him) there was already independence movements in full-swing, and threats coming from earth for daring to.

In other words, things were already heating up, and suddenly there's a leadership change and extremists take over. Sound familiar?

Just before the war, there'd been massacres by the federation at Banchi. It's possible the Zabis manipulated the situation to that point, but either way the event remains: Feds massacred a bunch of colonists, and all the zeon cadets rose up to take the down. Solid propaganda there!
>>
File: 1452527615116.jpg (134KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1452527615116.jpg
134KB, 485x458px
>>14604156
>You would think more Zeon personnel would balk.

As if war of terror won and isis is finished.
>>
>>14604398
Now two more things combine to give us the results we got:
1) Leaders never tell the soldiers shit-all. The other side is only demons, and you're either with us or against us. Are you siding with the demons? Do you not care about your family? Do we have to make them care FOR you?

2) Zeon knew they were massively outnumbered and outgunned. When you're a little space cylinder fighting a fucking planet, its moon, AND some other space cylinders, more drastic tactics become acceptable by sheer desperation.

We've got near-religious 'messiahs', freedom fighters, a 'great evil' whose boot was on your throat when you were born - economically - and here's this nice "fuhrer" guy telling you he's got a way to fix all this.

So here's your choice, young zeon soldier: Do you help take the ONE chance you and your family have of stepping out from under the boot of the elite oppressors, and fight for your freedom and your very right to exist in the hostile vacuum of space?

Or do you decide your sense of ethics is worth more than your livelihood, your home, your loved ones and your freedom in exchange for being a feddie prisoner for the short remainder of your life?
>>
File: made me thinkum dinkum.jpg (112KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
made me thinkum dinkum.jpg
112KB, 400x400px
>>14604398
>>14604417
I wonder if they were anarchist.....
>>
>>14604523
Who, the zabis?
Fuck no. They were literally the spooks who decided their boss wasn't extreme enough and decided to kick things up from "quiet revolution" to "zealous colony drop".

They took over, lived like kings, and got everyone else stuck in a war while most of the family sat back and drank wine.

Bush Dynasty really, but with more CIA origins and less "war profiteer selling to nazis"
>>
>>14604156
>extremism of the leadership,
No. The leaders of Zeonare not extremist at all, exept for Gihren.
>the colony-gassing, and the colony-dropping
Only once.
>>
>>14604595

> We only committed genocide once

That aside, Zeon attempted at least two colony drops during the One Year War, with the second attempt failing to result in one during Loum if I recall and they've always been heavily indicated to be responsible for the destruction of a lot other colonies using nuclear weapons and more conventional means.
>>
>>14604609
Do keep in mind some of the colonies were not only not-neutral they sided with the Federation. Loum was use of nuclear weapons against one, rather than a colony-drop attempt, if I recall correctly.

Nukes were also used in an attempt to crack jaburo, but they were not enough.
>>
>>14604156
Weirdly enough, there are more Federation defectors that I know of than Zeon.
>>
>>14604417
>its moon
Actually, Zeon controlled the Moon, Federation had Luna II.
>>
Zeon had a couple of figures defect from it, though the men in mention did not exactly leave due to the moral issues of working for Zeon, more so for the benefits of switching sides.

Professor Minovsky and the creator of the E.X.A.M system both chose to switch sides, not sure if any others did a full on defection.
>>
>>14604156
>defection
>in space

Right. I hope you are Batman, because otherwise breathing will be a problem.
>>
>>14604156
Daily reminder Zeon didn't lose, it was stabbed in the back by people like OP.
>>
>>14605006
Well you could always just leave in your Zaku and never return.
>>
>>14606125
You think it was stabbed in the back by people who didn't believe Gihren's propaganda?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9bGbkiyKw
That's real cute.
>>
>>14604551
You got it wrong.
Point was tanstaafl-rian lunatics succeeded by throwing rocks than colony and asterois throwers.
>>
>>14604156
>>14606125
>>
>>14607423
The moon didn't commit willy-nilly genocide and NBC warfare.

Hell, they announced where and when all their rock strikes would land so people would stay away from the bombardments, although some idiots in the first wave did the opposite. It was mostly 'we can KEEP doing this until you give up, you know. And you have a really hard time getting here from that gravity well of yours.'

It also helps that, unlike Zeon, the Moon actually DID just want independence instead of supremacy.
>>
>>14605006
need a story about a group of zeon and esf soldiers who just went "fuck this" and went to off to sell hot dogs or something
>>
File: look the space is buring red.jpg (71KB, 616x320px) Image search: [Google]
look the space is buring red.jpg
71KB, 616x320px
>>14604156
>>14604156
>Surprised Zeon didn't have more defections
Because father of mobile suit martial arts defecting was a crippling blow already.
Now you know why Zeon lost, as G Gundam testifies it.
>>
>>14607437
>And you have a really hard time getting here from that gravity well of yours.'

To be fair they were very vulnerable as they knew if pushed further they would had been H-bombed easily.
They were fortunate that there gamble with the hidden card in their sleeves worked.
>>
>>14604156
Why would you defect from your home country when all the people being killed are the enemy? Are you one of those bleeding heart globalist faggots who says dropping the nukes of Japan was the wrong thing to do?
>>
>>14604790
>Loum was use of nuclear weapons against one, rather than a colony-drop attempt, if I recall correctly.

The purpose of the battle of Loum was Zeon was attempting to attach nuclear propulsion systems to another colony and make a second go at another drop on Jaburo after the first one was knocked off course.

EF caught wind of this and said "fuck no" and instead of waiting around for another drop sent their fleet to stop Zeon before they could attach the engines and move a colony from Side 5.

The massive fighting and use of nukes destroyed the majority of Side 5's colonies and was the battle with the most soldier and civilian casualties in the war.
>>
How do you think that'd go?

"Oh hey there Federation Soldier who's most likely lost friends and family members due to Zeon's omnicidal onslaught! I am here to surrender and join you! Wait, what's the noose for?"
>>
>>14607909

Well it really would depend on who you surrender to.

Ideally I'd defect to an mid-tier officer or NCO.
>>
>>14608136
That worked out well for members of the SS, didn't it?
>>
>>14608165

Again, depends on what service you belonged to in the Zeon military.
>>
>>14607438
That's gay anon.
>>
>>14606125

OP is Char!?
>>
>>14607909
Revil would accept defectors.
>>
>>14604156
Yes, because the average person living in the world has information to everything that occurred even at the highest of military levels, don't care about the lives of those who have been branded the enemy seeing what they're doing as for the greater good, or even if they disagree with the actions, are willing to betray their home, country, friends and put unimaginable hardships on their family by going traitor.

I guess that's why both sides of the Syrian Civil War have defectors left and right when you have them committing alleged chemical weapons attacks on civilian populations. Oh wait, unlike you're small bubble of world, people don't give a shit and they'll still keep fighting for their side.

>>14607874
The Loum Colony Drop operation was false intel sent to the Federation in order to draw out their fleets hiding at Luna II into the decisive battle. Watch MS IGLOO.
>>
>>14613159

The guy narrating that plan in Ms Igloo is an unreliable narrator who is lied to about the very nature of the plan in the same episode. His word isn't worth much, since there's no reason to believe he knows what he's talking about or is giving the viewer information his character is unlikely to have.
>>
>>14606125
I really like the Zaku's color scheme there

Is that from a named character or just artist doing a really good job?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.