[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good /m/-related youtube channels or podcasts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: 1437665547227.jpg (258KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437665547227.jpg
258KB, 1440x1080px
Are there any good /m/-related youtube channels or podcasts?
>>
Huh, I guess not
>>
gunpladust memories is good
>>
your mom
>>
>>14604102
There's Gundamn, but I lost all respect for them when the said the Japanese version of Human Touch was better than the one by Warren Wiebe.

I kid, I kid, although the Warren Wiebe version is much better. I watched a bunch of episodes a few years back. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
>>
>>14604457
>>14604493
Thanks, I'll check these out
>>
>>14604497
>almost 200 episodes
Shit man, I hope it's good because there's a hell of a lot of it
>>
File: 1342149458483.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1342149458483.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
>>14604497

It's not good. I can't even listen to it.

The 5 minutes the SBFC talk about Gundam every so often is better than that entire Gundamn podcast.
>>
>>14604457
This. I'm glad Mechagamezilla is a regular now.
>>
File: 1446646066285.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446646066285.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>14604560
>SBF
>Gundam
I sure love Liam and Matt doing the tired "whats a gundam" shtick while Pat spouts memes and Woolie somehow gets every bit of trivia wrong. The only thing worse is them talking about JoJo.
>>
>>14604560
Ryo what are you doing in Dozle don't you have demons to be messing with young man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOu_KBVeIs
>>
File: 1466480094513.jpg (41KB, 480x622px) Image search: [Google]
1466480094513.jpg
41KB, 480x622px
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6dsQSn70Cem7zFsUANHqpQ

Great reviews of mecha animu that is not commonly talked about. So bummed there are so few, still worth to checking it out.
>>
File: no.jpg (185KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
185KB, 800x640px
>>14604102
>Are there any good youtube channels or podcasts?
>>
>>14606740
>me? lower myself to watching youtube videos? no sir I only enjoy pure kino at the independent cinema, and I do not own a television set
>I also do not listen to podcasts, because only audio entertainment produced for radio is of any value
>>
>>14607335
No, it just so happens most youtube channels are balls to the wall retarded e-celeb shit and 99% of "nerd" podcasts are done by people who can't even talk with a 9gag sense of humor.
>>
>>14605392
THE ARCH DESTINY GUNDAM
>>
>>14607345
>most youtube channels are bad
>most podcasts are bad
Thanks for that insight, genius. We're all much wiser now.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
The only one I watch regularly is Ouchies Batrep.
>>
>>14604102
MSG abridged comes back never ;_;
>>
>>14605392
Jesus christ his voice
>>
>>14604457
Probably the only one I've really enjoyed. Most mecha stuff is made by lonely autists. It's nice that they've tried, but it's hard to listen to.
These guys though, they're enjoyable.
>>
>>14604560
Cant't wait for pat to reach ZZ and fuck Woolie up by saying it's not that bad.
>>
>>14607464
The guy who played Ramba Ral disappeared from the internet. The lead of the channel posted a thing about how nobody watched it, and it took a ton of time and kept comparing it to Team Four Star. They did a Patlabor thing and called it quits.

The last I heard the lead was writing military fiction but i could have heard wrong.
>>
>>14607882
>disappeared from the internet
Guilty of rape and/or pedophilia
>>
>>14607708
But he'd be right
>>
>>14605392
I almost forgot to watch this today, thanks Anon
>>
>>14607898
He actually was, though
>>
>>14607882
Well good thing they already did the arc where Ramba Ral dies.
>>
>>14607708
>can't even name what judah does
>calls kamille a badass

I think he read a synopsis and didn't even bother watching it.
>>
>>14609420
Well considering there's no such character as Judah in ZZ...
>>
>>14606724

great videos, thanks for sharing.
hasn't uploaded anything in so long, is the guy dead?
would be a shame.
>>
>>14609520
There's no need to be a shit about character names
>>
A lot of work goes into making good content, and Youtube seldom values that really.
>>
Almost every time someone has told me about some great podcast, it's turned out to be shit. I'd be absolutely shocked if there were a decent gundam one.
>>
>>14607349
BEHOLD

THERE IT IS
>>
>>14609577
If you're being Gundam-specific, what is there to discuss that hasn't been spoken-to-death already? Is there gonna be an episode about Char's mother line in CCA? You could only pretty much comment on what's currently airing, and I think it's safe to say most of us aren't even happy with the current crop of Gundam shows.
>>
Are podcasts just not for most of you people? If you want high production values AND knowledgeable hosts, you're not going to find them.
>>
There aren't even any good anime podcasts.

What makes you think there would be good mecha podcasts?
>>
>>14609626
For anime, I like AWO, but that's the only decent one I've found. For mecha, I've never even looked.
>>
>>14607335

you're not really proving me wrong
>>
>>14609602
I think pretty much any content focused solely on a single piece of media, even a franchise as extensive as Gundam, would eventually turn stale.

Only way something like this could work is for it to touch mecha media in general, in my opinion.

I thought of starting something like this multiple times, but I can't get motivated with the knowledge that pretty much no one would watch it and my voice is also pretty horrible
>>
>>14604560
>The 5 minutes the SBFC talk about Gundam every so often is better than that entire Gundamn podcast.

If I wanted to see people talk about a show they clearly never watched I'd go in a G Reco thread.
>>
>>14609802
It's pretty clear that Pat is watching them. Woolie is a shitter who repeats shit he read from here like 6 years ago.
>>
>>14609620
I listen to a couple of music podcasts but they mostly play music and only briefly talk about the bands or genres. And there's one decent history/news podcast I enjoy.
>>
>>14609577
Gunpladust Memories is good though. As long as you're interested in gunpla as well as the shows.
>>
>>14607708
I predict Pat will be a gigantic Hamanfag when he gets to the end of Zeta so he'll probably hate it too.
>>
>>14609673
Daryl is a clown who willfully lies or misinterprets things to push his "moe is killing anime" agenda, disrespects creators upon their death and loves to feign knowledge.

His friends are just generic ANNtier types with little to no knowledge that don't stand out positively or negatively in any way compared to their peers. Daryl's on a whole other level of shit though.
>>
>>14610990
>>14609673
But since the only people on /m/ who even heard of the guy are probably already part of his clique of friends, I'll give some examples of why the guy is a moron:

-Claims to be a big Nagai fan, yet "The Devilman manga was really shocking for its time, because the main character is the villain, and he wins"

-Took a Madhouse guy's quote about Redline likely being "their last fully 2D-animated project of this caliber" to mean "the last primarily hand drawn non-moe anime film"

-Read Shin Chan: The Adult Empire Strikes Back as a "satire of otaku" when it's actually a satire of nostalgiafags like him

-Practically celebrated Yoshinori Kanada's death by reading off his ANN page for 10 seconds then spending the next 10 minutes talking about what an irredeemable piece of shit Birth was not even mentioning the good part that involved Kanada (the animation). Obviously had no idea who the man was or what he did for the industry then tried to backpedal.

-"No one liked Dead Leaves" and it was universally accepted as a bad film ("no one" in this case meaning "my ivory tower of anime journos and licensees"). I offered its high user scores on various sites, but those "don't count" because those sites also have high scores for "disgusting pedophile moeshit anime".

He's your reminder that the at least half of the "moeshit eaters" posters are dead serious.
>>
>>14610994
As a moeshit pedophile and robutt mechaphile, I don't like the sound of this guy.
>>
File: 14q.jpg (590KB, 731x1103px) Image search: [Google]
14q.jpg
590KB, 731x1103px
>>14610994
Oh also wrote a dumb dismissal of the Lupin III manga while going on about how the Fujiko show is "better" (lol apples and oranges lol) that made me wonder if he even read the same series
>>
>>14610999
To be 100% fair, looking back at it (I was going by memories) he didn't actually bring up moe specifically when talking about Redline, but he does think of modern otaku as "moeshit eaters" so it's kinda self-explanatory. Still, it's an incredibly stupid line regardless:
>"It will most likely be the last anime movie made that is primarily hand-drawn animation, and it’s not painstakingly calculated to appeal to the Japanese otaku demographic at the expense of everybody else."

No one with his level of anime experience would be stupid enough to genuinely believe this unless being willfully ignorant to push a dumb "OTAKU ARE KILLING EVERYTHING" agenda.

I don't like moeblob-focused anime. I'll defend things like K-On and the Idolmaster anime when people say they're technically poorly made but I can't actually watch them because they're not my cup of tea. He doesn't actually care about technical merits and how good something is within its genre as much as what's cool to like in his clique and that includes dismissing entire genres.

I say generally stay away from people who get paid to write anime for a living because it's all one big web of cronyism. There are decent anglosphere bloggers/vloggers out there (can't think of any that are /m/-focused) but generally the decent ones are not part of "the industry".
>>
>>14610832
how much did Pat watch actually?
I just finished zeta and started on ZZ.
>>
>>14609548
>and Youtube seldom values that really.

This.
Proven by Fred, Pewdiepie and Leafyishere.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mr893sxC511qggisy.gif (989KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mr893sxC511qggisy.gif
989KB, 300x225px
>>14611167
I know he's past this
>>
File: 1455122846489.jpg (53KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455122846489.jpg
53KB, 480x480px
The problem with asking /m/ or any other 4chan board for recommendations like this is that so few people here care about what actually makes a podcast or a youtube channel good, and only care about how much they agree with the people.

Most people who come to 4chan do it so that they can put their opinion out and be agreed with. If someone disagrees, they're an idiot, worthless, and probably not a REAL 4channer, they're from somewhere ELSE.
If you have the wrong opinion on /m/, you're probably from /a/, /v/, /pol/, /lgbt/, /jp/, reddit, ANN, whatever.

Whenever you see someone here (or any other board) try explain why they think a certain podcaster or youtuber is shit, it'll be because of an opinion they've had.

>he said he likes Cowboy Bebop! He's a pleb, fuck his whole show!!
>he insulted K-on, what the fuck? Who listens to this guy??
>he said he loves ZZ? INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>he said he hates ZZ? INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
etc.

People on 4chan call most things shit because they're triggered the moment they hear a single opinion they don't like. If a show runs for 100 episodes and they hear a single opinion one time during that run that sets off their autism, the whole thing is worthless.

The shitty thing about this is in the rare occasion that 4chan actually recommends something, you go check it out and it's just the same 4chan hivemind opinions you hear here constantly on a loop.
>>
>>14610990
>>14611008
>>14610994
Oh yeah. He's a shit, don't get me wrong, but he's an entertaining shit with views wildly different from mine. That's also why I come here, for contrasting opinions.

You've obviously researched this more than me, and I just have a passing interest in that podcast, so I'm not going to argue with you, but I'll definitely look more into his claims.
>>
>>14611254
>tumblr filename
wtf I hate gundam now
>>
>>14611319
That's what you get from google images these days homie.
>>
>>14605241
>Ryo
That's supposed to be Mineva, dude.
>>
>>14611261
It also doesn't help that a large chunk of /m/en are pretty guilty of the same fandom sins they call out in other parts of the internet.
>>
There's Zeta Rise who does Gundam related videos.
>>
>>14611317
I just think guys like him being given the status of 'anime expert' (like he's literally been interviewed in books when the author needed a 'knowledgeable opinion' on anime) are how misconceptions like like "Osamu Kobayashi was fired from Gainax because they all hated his Gurren episode" get spread.
>>
>>14611361
I've never looked into the "academic/expert" side of these Chinese cartoons, so I've never noticed that kind of thing, but I'll be more diligent.
>>
>>14610990
>>14610994
kys moefags
>>>/a/
>>
I watch this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vange1us

He mostly does Transformers stuff, but there's definitely some other /m/ related stuff he reviews and podcasts about. He's got a fair amount of personality and a lot of editing and lighting skill.
>>
>>14604457
2pbp
>>
File: tmp_16015-trhbAmh-1806483485.png (274KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16015-trhbAmh-1806483485.png
274KB, 600x436px
>>14604102
>YouTube
>Good
>>
>>14610994
I'm as much of a pedo as any normal anime watcher. I just prefer my underage girls served up with an actual plot.

So I half agree with him.
>>
>entertaining Speed gunpla videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebuilderstv/videos

>some shit opinions but the only people I can find that talk about recent mecha shows in any sort of depth
https://www.youtube.com/user/GundamnMAHQ/videos

>good informational content that you can point normies to
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCht6ZWYL1e0csLCXmZK9Rpg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pFTAC4HkEotvHOKEBPyPQ/videos

Is there any replacement of MAHQ? After their Thunderbolt opinions I'm not sure how much I can stand them anymore.
>>
>>14615261
>After their Thunderbolt opinions I'm not sure how much I can stand them anymore

see >>14611261
>>
>>14615261
>Is there any replacement of MAHQ? After their Thunderbolt opinions I'm not sure how much I can stand them anymore.
?
>>
File: drarthur.jpg (7KB, 118x209px) Image search: [Google]
drarthur.jpg
7KB, 118x209px
Christ almightt, of course not. I did a mecha podcast with some guys here on /m/ for over a year and a half, and it was fucking awful. A podcast sounds easy, right? But it's not, not at all. You have to strain yourself to talk about shit, keep it interesting and on topic while filling out that hour. It's dreadful. When we were doing it, there was next to no news coming out at the time, not even rightstuff localizations.

The best thing I got out of that podcast was making some amazing friends. Don't be tempted by this shit.
>>
>>14615747
There's literally a link right there.
>>
>>14615764
It's almost 3 hours long dude, all I wanna know is if they liked it or hated it.
>>
>>14615770
>Bitching about the character design
>bitching about the mobile suits
>bitching about nearly all of the design elements (why do the prostetic limbs look so outdated etc)
>bitching about the concept as a whole (why are they even fighting over this supply route, just go somewhere else, why'd they even give them a prototype gundam)

Shit like that.
>>
>>14615770
>please boil down their discussion and remove any nuance by expressing their opinion as nothing more than a single greentext sentence so I can get mad about it

Why even ask to know what they said if you don't care enough to listen to it anyway? I never understood this
>>
>>14615751
>a project that begun on 4chan turned out to be terrible and nobody knew what they were doing and it fell apart
Woah how could this happen
>>
>>14615820
Because I wanted to know why that specific anon felt that devalued their opinion.
>>
>mobile suit gundam abridged will never be finished
>>
>>14604457
The stuff about Lady from GBF Try in the latest episode made me laugh a lot, they're pretty good
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.