[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEET PROFESSOR DOOZY HE'S A WACKY ONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 62

File: Doozy03.png (158KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
Doozy03.png
158KB, 400x350px
MEET PROFESSOR DOOZY
HE'S A WACKY ONE
>>
>>14603766
Why did they make the kid in the wheelchair the guntank?
>>
>>14603787
Because he can't use his legs.
>>
>>14603787
>>14603798
It's hilarious to me how many rainbow coalition cartoons came up in the 90's and late 80's, including making a point to have the wheelchair kid. And then you have modern tumblrinas that go on like they invented it.
>>
>>14603841
>modern libs
>care about cripples
yeah nah
gimps aren't glamorous enough
gotta be something you can fake online and still take selfies for
>>
>>14603841

That was an early 90s thing in general, not just in cartoons. Remember the Burger King Kids?
>>
>>14603841
>And then you have modern tumblrinas that go on like they invented it.
Source? Show me just one of these tumblrinas that act like they invented it.
You won't, but it won't stop you from imagining they do and then acting like what you imagine is the reality.
>>
File: 1407445544586.jpg (96KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1407445544586.jpg
96KB, 1440x1080px
>>14604792
>>
>>14604863
Yep, that's what I thought. Stay mad about things you've imagined. I'm sure it will work out great and not leave you looking like a retard.
>>
File: the mary sue.png (362KB, 672x693px) Image search: [Google]
the mary sue.png
362KB, 672x693px
>>14604792
>>And then you have modern tumblrinas that go on like they invented it.
>Source? Show me just one of these tumblrinas that act like they invented it.
>You won't, but it won't stop you from imagining they do and then acting like what you imagine is the reality.

Sup tumblr
>>
File: the mary sue 2.png (7KB, 464x94px) Image search: [Google]
the mary sue 2.png
7KB, 464x94px
>>14604897

Remember there has never been a female Asian American hero before!
>>
>>14604897
>Newest Female Asian-American
This isn't what I asked for and even as an example it's retarded
>>
>>14604897
Does she also spout tumblrisms like in that comic introducing Thora?
>>
>>14604904
JUBILEE A SHIT

A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>14604914

It actually was an okay comic due to the creative team.

Other stuff, not so much.

>>14604921

Her style is shit.
>>
>>14603766
>The next Gundam series is a remake of Doozybots, the music is all Gundam Unicorn music with the chorus just singing "DOOZY BOTS" with the melody.
>>
File: amuro heel turn.webm (265KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
amuro heel turn.webm
265KB, 720x480px
>>14604944
>>The next Gundam series is a remake of Space Black Knight
>>
>>14604904
>expecting women to be right about anything
That's why men have to write female characters for them.
>>
Welp, that was fast.
>>
>>14604924
This is a parody?
>>
File: marvel 2016.png (2MB, 1000x1512px) Image search: [Google]
marvel 2016.png
2MB, 1000x1512px
>>14605946
Just typical Marvel writing circa 2016
>>
>>14604924
>>14606096
How can anyone defend this writing? It's not bad because of some nebulous "SJW" stuff, it's just fucking bad. The first one reads like it was written by a 8th grader, and the second reads like it was written by a fucking six year old. Where were the editors?
>>
>>14606115
>It's not bad because of some nebulous "SJW" stuff
And what, pray tell, would be something that has that and is good?
>>
>>14606126
I'm not getting into that shit because there is always some Goons lurking /m/ seeking to shit up threads where they are mentioned.

My only point is these pages are obviously bad based on their own merits, and not because political ideology.
>>
>>14606143
>I'm not getting into that shit because I can't name a single example
Fixed that for you.
>>
I just wanted to talk about Doozy Bots guys.
>>
>>14606147
No, I mean /m/ has been taken by the goons, and this thread will be filled with goons yelling
>dur hurr poor white people are so stupid. 'der takin ur jerbs
>There is literally nothing wrong with SJWs. People who are opposed to SJWs are the REAL problem.

So even if you are right, I have no desire to talk about it. My point is that those pages are bad on their own, based solely on the merits of their writing.

There are plenty of things with slightly liberal themes that are good. Full on 'progressive' shit well no, but the fault lies in the fucking hack writers.
>>
>>14606237
"Goons"? As in SA goons?
>>
How the fuck did this become about SJW
>>
>>14606543
Because the Doozy Bots is a prime example of laughable political correctness.
>>
File: BR8Slj-CEAElCOp.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
BR8Slj-CEAElCOp.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
>>14606494
Hired goons.
Hired goons?
>>
>>14606096
What the fuck is this shit ?! Seriously, looks like one of those shitty webcomics that you can find by truckloads on every site. And the artstyle, for fuck's sake. This really got approved and published ?
>>
>>14606149
What's your favourite doozy bots episode?
Mine's the one where Kamillie pushes the wheelchair kid off a cliff.
>>
>>14606494
Obviously.
>>
>>14604944
>PLEASE DOO-ZY
>I WANT TOO TELL YOU
>>
Meet Professor Doozy he's the SJW one
>>
File: BAHDI.gif (593KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
BAHDI.gif
593KB, 500x300px
>>14606237

You're thinking in the same way the "Goons" are, Anon. This will help nothing but the creation of yet another boogeyman. As such, I will just say what I feel needs to be said.

>>14604924

I was fine with this page, it was a goofy kid being a goofy kid. I actually found it a bit charming, until I ran in to that last panel. That panel right there is downright disrespectful. It spits in the face of every person who wrote a female superhero in the history of comics. This dedication to an ideology shoots this page right in the foot, and I have no idea how in the world it got approved. I haven't even read comics regularly for years, and I couldn't help but get mad.

Seriously, what were they thinking with this? Did Storm suddenly become not-a-superhero? What about She-hulk? Is she secretly a male? This is just disgusting. This brat will never reach even Birdy's level.

>>14606096

I'm not sure why who the fem-boy likes to bed has to come up in that situation. Was it mentioned earlier in the story as a conflict?
>>
>>14606543
Because of underage crossposters from /v/
>>
File: marvel comics feminism.jpg (77KB, 580x835px) Image search: [Google]
marvel comics feminism.jpg
77KB, 580x835px
>>14607724

It's extra weird because Mockingbird was created in 1971, and Marvel had Scarlet Witch and Wasp on the Avengers since the very beginning. So it makes no sense in real life or Marvel timeline.

>>14606578
>Seriously, looks like one of those shitty webcomics that you can find by truckloads on every site. And the artstyle, for fuck's sake. This really got approved and published ?

Marvel hired webcomic people because that's what the kids like now. The guy from dinosaur comics is doing Squirrel Girl. Not joking.
>>
>>14603766
You know between this and the pitched but rejected Sailor Moon thing, I have to wonder what they were thinking with this idea
>We don't think this anime, as it stands, will sell well enough to justify licence costs, we need to do something to make it more marketable and ensure we get our money's worth
>LET'S DOUBLE DOWN AND ON TOP OF PAYING MONEY TO GET THE LICENCE, THE TIMESLOT, AND THE VA WORK, LET'S MAKE AN ENTIRELY NEW SERIES FROM SCRATCH
Then again, apparently they saw the flaw too and just bought the licence for the show, changed or altered the scenes to make it more Saturday Morning Cartoon friendly, and aired it.
>>
>>14606563
Really because I thought this was suppose to be about mocking the stupid theme song of a failed pitched show that used the Gundam liscence and never got passed the pilot
>>14606578
And you, stop putting spaces in between the last word of your sentence and your punctuation mark. Who the fuck even does that.
>>
>>14606126
>And what, pray tell, would be something that has that and is good?

Star Trek.
>>
>>14607820
Reading people on 4chan complaining about "SJW shit" ruining Star Trek Beyond is what made me give up taking their side. They're just perpetually triggered, easily offended faggots who don't give a shit about a creator's right to make what they want. They make mountains out of molehills and even though they'll throw every meme under the sun at me for this I do find them more annoying than SJWs. Why? Because they're both packs of unbearable retards but it's antiSJWs who I see every day pushing their shit and hijacking every fucking discussion to cry about muh conservative oppression.

THEY'RE EVEN CRYING IN A THREAD ABOUT FUCKING DOOZY BOTS.

DOOZY

BOTS

Like I don't doubt for a moment that SJWs are unbearable fagmasters but they're not here shitting up /m/ constantly so I'm happy to let them write as many irrelevant blogs as they want, I don't have to see them.

Go ahead, hit me with all your faggot memes and gb2s. Tell yourself I'm a SJW in disguise and continue acting just like the people you hate. Sorry to hear that YOUR hobby is full of such problematic, gross, toxic, harmful content these days. Maybe if you ruin every fucking thread on 4chan by crying about it for the millionth fucking time it will solve everything.
>>
>>14607884
Honestly, you're the one who's the most annoying in this thread.
>>
>>14607897
I couldn't have asked for a better reply to prove me right, so thanks.
>>
>>14607884

Being one of the dudes who got triggered by ones of the comic pages in this thread, I actually completely agree with you and upon reflection I should have held my fingers back for the sake of the thread OP.
>>
>>14607926
Thank you for giving me the first shred of optimism for 4chan in months.
>>
>>14604897

this is not even close. anyone else bewildered by both sides of these internet wars?
>>
>>14604897
Silk was so sexy, they should've kept her with Pete. The Canon fucks him over with MJ too often.
>>
>>14607884
>Tell yourself I'm a SJW in disguise
Well, when your wall of bitch is longer and whinier than what you're complaining about and you're putting yourself in a victim positrion, it's not hard.
>>
>>14607965

yah every post should be short and pithy for maximum edge and fedora tipping cynicism.
>>
Thought I clicked on /m/ but apparently I'm in /co/
>>
>>14607975
Epip buzzwords. Well memed.
>>
File: 35.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
>>14607724
>What about She-hulk? Is she secretly a male?

More like not-so secretly dead
>>
File: anti thanos missiles.png (27KB, 652x304px) Image search: [Google]
anti thanos missiles.png
27KB, 652x304px
>>14608004

She took an anti-Thanos missile to the tits.

>>14608004
>More like not-so secretly dead

No, it got revised. She's in a coma. The Hulk who couldn't even Hulk anymore got shot in the head by Hawkeye, though.
>>
>>14608014
And they couldn't explain this within the narrative itself? How does /co/mblr defend this shit?
>>
File: bendis loves continuity.png (74KB, 778x762px) Image search: [Google]
bendis loves continuity.png
74KB, 778x762px
>>14607949

They're both the same honestly.

>>14608017

You haven't read modern Bendis before, have you? He literally does not care at all about continuity.

He can't keep his own books straight, and other people have to fix it for him.
>>
>>14607884
99% of the people crying about fem-Thor have never bought a Thor comic in their lives. And they never will. These threads are full of people outraged over the same tiny handful of images that they didn't even know existed until baited by them. They are exactly the same as feminists outraged by things they hear about in videogames which they never bought or plan to buy.
If Marvel looked at the threads on 4chan full of people complaining about femThor and said "okay we'll make a conservative comic about Thor, male, and there won't be a hint of liberalism in it, we promise - now, will you buy Thor comics?"
And hell, they might even say they would. But they won't, and they know it.
>>
File: feminism thor.jpg (730KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
feminism thor.jpg
730KB, 1988x3056px
>>14608038

People bitched about Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, especially after Ted Kord got killed horribly, but he earned the role. Now everyone loves him.

Bucky Cap was extremely popular since he learned to take the mantel of Cap. Even Falcon Cap was well received due to being a respected character who works with Cap.

Kamala Khan Marvel is a fan favorite since she's a realistic teenage character with flaws.

Replacing Thor with a woman and then having her be better than him in every way was counter productive and made everyone mad.
>>
>>14608021
>The continuity exists to serve the stories, the stories exist to serve the continuity
But he's right, and only autists or sticklers would disagree. Comics have ALWAYS been a total mess. You cannot account for every tiny passing remark in comics to stay forever LORE or whatever. All you can hope for is a comprehensible narrative that doesn't contradict itself.
But if I wrote a Batman story and someone told me it was wrong based on something that happened in a comic from 1981 or whatever, I'd tell them to get fucked.

The only think Bendis has actually done wrong here is engage with the audience at all, because you will never, ever win against cranky autistic fucks. Never. You could say the most reasonable thing in the world and they'd twist it just to hate you more.

They should read and accept criticism and take it on board and try improve, but once they engage in a "I see things differently" exchange online, they're fucked.
>>
File: thanos with guns.jpg (467KB, 1061x999px) Image search: [Google]
thanos with guns.jpg
467KB, 1061x999px
>>14608061
>But he's right, and only autists or sticklers would disagree. Comics have ALWAYS been a total mess. You cannot account for every tiny passing remark in comics to stay forever LORE or whatever. All you can hope for is a comprehensible narrative that doesn't contradict itself.

The problem is that Bendis doesn't keep track between his own book. In Civil War, we see Ulysses have a vision once at night and once in the middle of a day, among other things, and Ewing had to No-Prize it to fix the mess in another book.

Moreover, he does not get what characters are like, or writes over their personality.

He has Thanos show up on earth dressed like Cable, when Thanos is a manipulator with godly powers.

He turns Iceman gay, when Iceman used to be a huge ladies man.

He has Captain America ask who the hell Kang is, when Kang had a very personal rivalry with Cap that ended with Washington DC being nuked in Busiek's run.

He also writes everyone in the exact same whiny teenage voice.
>>
File: suicide squad ostrander awesome.jpg (470KB, 1650x1242px) Image search: [Google]
suicide squad ostrander awesome.jpg
470KB, 1650x1242px
>>14608061
>But if I wrote a Batman story and someone told me it was wrong based on something that happened in a comic from 1981 or whatever, I'd tell them to get fucked.

Also, continuity is what makes comics great. Deadshot was a literal who character from the 1960's who was brought in the 1980's as a nihilistic asshole by Ostrander in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>14608118
>continuity is what makes comics great
If you like wikis more than actual comics, sure
>>
>>14608084
>He has Thanos show up on earth dressed like Cable, when Thanos is a manipulator with godly powers.
>>
File: Who's Who awesome Black Hawks.jpg (181KB, 942x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Who's Who awesome Black Hawks.jpg
181KB, 942x1417px
>>14608123
>If you like wikis more than actual comics, sure

Negro, I read Who's Who and Marvel Handbooks. Get out with your wiki shit.
>>
>>14608141
>needing textbooks to understand why Captain Punch is trying to beat up The Black Bulge
see also "why are comics dead"
>>
>>14608139
See this shit right here is why capefags need to reel in their autism.
If anyone tried to put Thanos in a goofy little helicopter with THANOS written in it on the side people would rightfully be asking why the fuck it's happening. But the writer and artist could just shrug and say "it's canon" and "it's continuity, don't you know the character history?"

Every comic character will be re-invented 100 times over by people who want to try new things, or by moneymen who want to reinvent the characters to appeal to whatever younger audiences want.

Thanos alone is a character who is literally over 40 years old by now.
Comic characters will change and change and change and no two decades will be the same. In fact, the only constant in comics there will ever be is guys in their 30s complaining about it all being ruined by today's gosh darn kids.
>>
File: marvel cosplay2.jpg (179KB, 479x600px) Image search: [Google]
marvel cosplay2.jpg
179KB, 479x600px
>>14608151

Are you legitimately retarded? Old comics assumed that every book was someone's first and had exposition telling you why that was happening. The Who's Who are just an excuse to draw every character in DC and let people know the history of the book pre-trades.

New comics have Civil Secret War Invasion going on in every book and it pisses off new readers.

Jim Shooter would probably murder all of current editorial for being a bunch of inbred idiots.
>>
>>14608139
>>14608170

The Thanos Copter is from Spidey Super Stories, which were Sesame Street original comics.

It's the same thing as those SD Gundam shorts, and it was never canon. Because it's a goofy side thing for kids.
>>
File: spideywall4.jpg (672KB, 847x1253px) Image search: [Google]
spideywall4.jpg
672KB, 847x1253px
>>14608187

I mean, do you think THE WALL is actually a serious Spiderman character
>>
>>14608187
The point still stands that there is canon stuff from the past which is goofy as hell which writers rightfully consider not-canon anymore.
Anyone arguing that there is an extremely tight canon that goes back to the start of Marvel comics which writers should adhere to is kidding themselves.

>side thing for kids
All Marvel comics are for kids, Anon.
>>
>>14608193
>All Marvel comics are for kids, Anon.
I thought they were for thirty-year-old collectors.
>>
>>14608198
...This part is never easy...
>>
File: thanos shield.jpg (70KB, 573x307px) Image search: [Google]
thanos shield.jpg
70KB, 573x307px
>>14608193

DC jettisoned most of the goofy stuff post COIE, and Marvel puts out revised origins for their characters all of time. The Thing never fought in WWII with Nick Fury, and Tony Stark was caught in Afghanistan now.

>side thing for kids

Yes, Captain Marvel dying of cancer and the Squadron Supreme brainwashing people to create a perfect society was always for kid.

There never was a satirical Howard the Duck book that talked about life and death and art.
>>
File: nintendo fanbase.jpg (76KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo fanbase.jpg
76KB, 800x582px
>>14608198
>I thought they were for thirty-year-old collectors.

Also, yes.
>>
>>14608214
>There never was a satirical Howard the Duck book that talked about life and death and art.
not that anybody bought or cared about
>>
>>14608214
>muh adult themes in capeshit
Honestly I don't care if people read comics until they're 100 years old but it's so embarrassing to see faggots play the IT'S NOT FOR KIDS IT'S FOR GROWN UPS card, like some 14 year old who just found anime.
>>
File: Cerebus 108_00_fc.jpg (574KB, 1200x1827px) Image search: [Google]
Cerebus 108_00_fc.jpg
574KB, 1200x1827px
>>14608236
>IT'S NOT FOR KIDS IT'S FOR GROWN UPS card, like some 14 year old who just found anime.

>saying this on the board that follows chinese robots

Also, you can have goofy stuff and serious stuff in the same universe. Cerebus was a dumb Conan parody that turned into a meditation on feminism, god, and politics.
>>
Canon should just get abolished and have every story "arc" be its own thing, with some minor references between things.
I've seen people try to bridge Killing Joke with Year One or Dark Knight Rises for god knows what reason since the point of those comics isn't to be put into a fucking chronology, it's to tell a story.

It's also the reason I love and respect manga much more than american comics, the author has 90% of the decisional power and if he wants to tell a new story he'll probably write a new series instead of forcing the famous character into the new one.
Take Nihei for example, he could have easily shoehorned Sidonia into Blame! or Biomega but he didn't because it didn't make sense.
Anime is a completely different beast and unfortunately works pretty much like comics, where they go for recognition to sell more shit.
>>
>>14608244
>saying this on the board that follows chinese robots
I just said I don't care how old anyone reading comics is, same goes for cartoons, anime, whatever. Just don't do the "it's NOT for kids" speech because that's always cringe.
>>
>>14608236
Yes anon, Le Garage Hermétique by Moebius is just the same shit as silver age spiderman, you're 100% right.
And Watchmen was totally written for 10 year old kids waiting for their turn to the dentist.
>>
File: oracle suicide squad.jpg (97KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
oracle suicide squad.jpg
97KB, 500x740px
>>14608250
>I've seen people try to bridge Killing Joke with Year One or Dark Knight Rises for god knows what reason since the point of those comics isn't to be put into a fucking chronology, it's to tell a story.

Except Killing Joke was originally non-canon but it got super popular. Then Ostrander picked it up and turned Bat Girl into Oracle, an actually good good character.

Dark Knight Returns requires that you know about Death in the Family to understand why Batman quits.

It's not that simple.
>>
>>14608260
So long story short, cape continuity and canon is completely up in the air, can be changed based on how much fans like or dislike one-shots, and any attempt to insist there is one, clear, logical timeline that everyone agrees is correct, is silly.
>>
File: 041105_artofusagi03.jpg (74KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
041105_artofusagi03.jpg
74KB, 477x358px
>>14608252

No body is saying that Superman is high art. Comics, however, are a diverse medium like books or movies or animation or anything.

So go away Wertham.
>>
>>14608257
Le Garage Hermétique isn't a Marvel comic about capes you fucking autist. Jesus christ, at what point in the conversation did you decide someone was actually claiming that no comic ever made was intended for adults?
I mean fucking hell do you really think that's something anyone believes, and needs to be argued?

Marvel cape comics are for kids =/= no comic ever made is for adults

I bet a million dollars you'll respond again just to embarrass yourself further. Even though I've said that, your autism won't allow you to not reply.
>in b4 "not the same guy, but... ur wrong"
>>
>>14608270
>furfag wannabe lone wolf and cub
yeah that sure makes capeshit not for kids
>>
>>14608260
>Dark Knight Returns requires that you know about Death in the Family to understand why Batman quits.
It's pretty easy to understand that it's about Robin's death, you don't have to know about the poll to kill Jason Todd and why the character wasn't liked by the readers and all that jazz.

>Except Killing Joke was originally non-canon but it got super popular.
That's my point, if it's a good story people will like it no matter its place in the "DCverse", forcing a story like it "matters" because you know it's shit but still have to sell it is the main reason canon exists, to force comic autists into buying shit just because it's related to that universe.

Same as people forcing themselves into watching ZZ and AGE because it has a fucking Gundam in the title.
>>
File: zz rape face.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
zz rape face.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
>>14608273
>Same as people forcing themselves into watching ZZ

ZZ explains what happens after Zeta. It has a place in UC even if autists hate fun.
>>
File: 1382717138217.jpg (109KB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1382717138217.jpg
109KB, 330x270px
>>14608272
>yeah that sure makes capeshit not for kids

>usagi
>capeshit

It's time to stop.
>>
>>14608286
except this is about capeshit not indyshit nobody cares about
>>
File: Miracleman01Quesada.jpg (25KB, 220x338px) Image search: [Google]
Miracleman01Quesada.jpg
25KB, 220x338px
>>14608295
Pretty sure 80's Miracle man is not for kids despite being capeshit, but please keep grasping at straws.
>>
>>14608309
Who
>>
>>14608309
He was. Stop thinking of "kids" as just 5 year olds. 12/13 year olds are kids too.
>>
>>14608309
>this autist who is still triggered as fuck by someone saying Marvel comics are for kids even though he never said there was nothing wrong with adults enjoying them as well
wew lad
>>
>>14608362
no way Captain Obscure from Ecuador Comics Presents number #215 is clearly for mature grownups like myself
>>
>>14608358

Warrior was a magazine, not a funny book. V for Vendetta and Miracleman were both adult oriented.

It's like the EC horror books, which were adult oriented and sold on news stands as well. They replaced the pulp novels.
>>
File: Hail Hydra.jpg (45KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Hail Hydra.jpg
45KB, 1280x536px
This Doozybots thread went places I could never imagine.
>>
>>14608365

Actually, there were a number of South American heroes. Neil Adams went to Harlem to buy weird 1960's Hispanic sci fi comic books because he thought they were really unique.
>>
File: why cat.png (613KB, 499x664px) Image search: [Google]
why cat.png
613KB, 499x664px
>>14608375

YOU, TOO, OLD MAN?
>>
>>14608375
Jesus, I know right? I made that rainbow coalition quip near the start, went on to other threads, come back a day later and holy shit wat.
>>
File: derailed.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
derailed.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14608409
>>
>>14608374
>STILL bringing up non-Marvel comics
You have brain damage
>>
>>14608418
Miracleman is MARVEL you dumb retard, it's pretty much a classic any person who actually likes comics has read and when you'll read it you'll see how much is it for kids.
>>
File: 1389099562548.jpg (126KB, 540x700px) Image search: [Google]
1389099562548.jpg
126KB, 540x700px
>>
>>14608426
Marvel bought it a few decades after it was a thing. They didn't create it or have anything to do with it until it was long dead
>>
File: Sensational_She-Hulk_Vol_1_54.jpg (102KB, 400x611px) Image search: [Google]
Sensational_She-Hulk_Vol_1_54.jpg
102KB, 400x611px
>>14608004
I'm sure She-Hulk will be fine.
>>
>>14608433

Sandman and Swamp Thing were DC before Vertigo, and DC characters show up in both.

And those are not for kids.
>>
File: Sandman_1974_issue1.jpg (88KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman_1974_issue1.jpg
88KB, 400x595px
>>14608441
NOT FOR KIDS
>>
>>14608409
I really liked the Burger King kids.

I wonder if any of those rainbow coalitions are still around in today. I can't imagine they're still in style as far as mascots go.
>>
File: Wesley_Dodds_001.png (296KB, 459x297px) Image search: [Google]
Wesley_Dodds_001.png
296KB, 459x297px
>>14608446

Kirby Sandman was a dumb thing made up after Wertham made crime comics evil. He lasted like 10 issues.

Wesley Dodds is the shit.
>>
Wheelchair dude from "Extreme Ghostbusters" was best wheelchair dude.

He wasn't racked by self-pity.
>>
File: hitler sad tgt.jpg (72KB, 289x299px) Image search: [Google]
hitler sad tgt.jpg
72KB, 289x299px
>>14608448

We barely even see the Hamburglar anymore.
>>
I don't mind off topic discussion, but this thread is basically the reason why I don't go to /co/ as much as I used to.
>>
>>14608509
It's honestly funny in my opinon, one anon just goes, "let me tell you why anti-SJW's are more annoying and off-topic", by completely derailing the topic.
>>
>>14607764
>Not joking
>NOT
>JOKING
Kill me please. I genuinely thought this was a shitty webcomic made on DA or tumblr. Seriously. Just fuck my shit up, senpai.
>>
>>14608462
Hot Topic Man is still for kids. Teenagers are still kids.
>>
>>14608448

The old rainbow coalitions are gone, but there's a lot of new ones. Elliot's crew in Mr. Robot is pretty rainbow coalitiony, with the twist of replacing the Hispanic guy with a Muslim girl. Law and Order SVU went through a rainbow coalition phase when they replaced Stabler with a Hispanic man, which complemented the black guy and Jewish guy they had on there to make a true rainbow coalition.

With the recent push for diversity in media (again), I expect more hamfisted rainbow coalitions in the future.
>>
>>14608426
>>14608441
>>14608462
see
>>14608362

WEW

LAD
>>
>>14604792

Are you taking a break from Correcting the Record to post here, or did you just come straight from tumblr?
>>
>>14608755
Just once I'd love to see you kids use an actual argument as a rebuttal other than "go back to ____"

His question was never answered, by the way. Nobody provided a source for the claim. Goalposts were shifted and the argument deflected. Keep crying tumblr if it makes you feel better, though.
>>
>>14607884
Preach
>>
>>14604897
Why is Spider-Gwen so much better?
>>
>this thread
Nu /m/ is real.
>>
>>14608768
You have to wonder what's going through their heads.
>tumblr think they invented kids in wheelchairs!!
Do they? Have you a single source?
>here's something else for everyone to argue about instead
So you don't?
>LOL fuck off back to tumblr

What pisses me off is the willingness to be a fucking dumbass just to win the argument. The reason we hate SJWs is for their failure to back up their claims with proof, to cry about oppression when it isn't there. So, so many antiSJWs have seriously come full circle. They talk total fucking nonsense and can't back it up because when asked for any kind of actual proof they just label you as the enemy and that's the end of the discussion.

I'm on the side of whoever is talking the most logical sense. If you're claiming things that aren't true, SJW or antiSJW, then I'm not interested in your dogshit.
I just wonder what's going through the minds of people when they're called out on talking shit and just deflect rather than answer. Do they notice they've done it? Do they start to doubt themselves at all or do they just ignore the holes in their logic and keep on going?
I know it's the second one, but I really hope some of these people have enough intelligence to question themselves now and then.
>>
>>14608799
We need mods to ban anyone from /v/ and we're fine again
>>
>>14608815

be careful: you're only allowed to post two sentences or less at a time or you're an sjw.
>>
>>14608815
It's just newfags trying to fit in, we complained about forced diversity and shit when SJW's were super into doing it and so they think anything including a minority is SJW-ish now.
>>
File: en_RfLLcp8FCz.png (159KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_RfLLcp8FCz.png
159KB, 265x370px
>>14608906
It's a site wide problem, not just a /m/ issue

>WoTC introduces a new Planeswalker in the latest Magic the Gathering set
>The Planeswalker is both female and black
>Threads trying to talk about the card's potential in decks explode into talks about WoTC trying to pander to get new players into MTG
>>
Fuck off from /m/, okay? This is one of the few places on the internet where I can just talk about robots without having to dredge through this shit. Just take your bullshit and shove off. Anti-SJWs are just white noise. Your shit is annoying.
>>
>>14608933
Sorry Anon but you have to hear about how the SJWs are bad in every single thread, just in case you didn't get the message already
>>
>>14608925
>not good enough to see play in legacy or vintage
>not legal in standard or modern
What the fuck discussion can you even have.
She's gonna go right into my EDH though
>>
>>14608817
>Le /v/ gaymurrgate meme

This is how you spot a real newfag.
>>
>>14608768

You still have to clean the Cheeto dust from your neckbeard and get back to work. Hurry on to /pol/ and make a DRUMPF BTFO thread, or you'll become another "mysterious" death associated with the Clintons. Go on now.
>>
>>14607884

I believed you until you started calling things toxic and problematic. 6/10, but you still have to go back.
>>
>>14608925
>Ghost Assassin
So is she an Assassin who's also a Ghost? Or does she only assassinate ghosts?
>>
>>14608925
Similar thing cropped up in a MTGSalvation spoiler thread to the point they had to make a fresh one with additional modtext spelling out that card discussion is for CARD DISCUSSION, not social justice hoohah.

So it's more than just here, it's really a problem of the internet letting anyone's voice be heard.

That said, WotC has the subtlety of a brick (or the 90's, but then again it -is- a card game from the 90's) when it comes to diversity and characterization. Sometimes it's tasteful (ok so two gay guys have a statue in Theros, that's cool), sometimes it's just a few notes shy of being tasteful (ok so there are these two carpet munchers in Innistrad and it totally works because of the sex taboo in gothic horror but THE AUTHOR NEVER ACTUALLY BRINGS UP THAT THEY'RE GAY IN THE NARRATIVE AND ONLY DOES IT IN SOME TWITTER POST AND IT COMES OFF AS UNEARNED SELF-CONGRATULATORY NONSENSE AND THAT'S KINDA BULLSHIT THOSE CHARACTERS COULD BE WRITTEN BETTER AND YOU KNOW IT), but then there's the times where it's eye rolling to hear about it (YEAH NARSET IS TOTALLY ON THE AUTISTIC SPECTRUM AND ALESHA IS DEFINITELY TRANS AND ALL CHANDRA CAN DO IS BURN THINGS REAL GOOD LIKE THE PYRO-CARICATURE SHE'S BEEN REDUCED TO). But then you remember just how corny and comicbook-esque things have been getting as of late and you just roll with it.
>>
>>14609003
Latter
>>
>>14608992
>>14608997
Samefag meme retard
>>
File: 1438587692372.png (84KB, 277x249px) Image search: [Google]
1438587692372.png
84KB, 277x249px
>>14608984
Just get the fuck out
>>
>>14609020
>>14609032

Not an argument.
>>
>>14609040
Nobody is interested in arguing with you.
This is what antiSJWs fail to understand. There aren't SJWs here. (I've just summoned at least 3 extra (Yous) and I know it)
You're like atheists who go to an atheist forum to yell about how all religious people need to leave the site. Everyone already agrees and the only people telling you to shut the fuck up are the people who already agree with you but would like to get through a single discussion without you chimping out and starting a witch hunt.

Let me remind you that you've literally brought up gamergate in a thread about Doozy Bots. Does that sound reasonable to you? Can you really not imagine why someone might ask you to shut the fuck up? Or can you only comprehend that it's the evil SJW menace trying to censor you?
>>
>>14609062

TL:DR
>>
>>14609068
ebin
>>
>>14609062
>Brings up gamergate
>Accuses others of having brought it up first

You're the real dozy doozy, anon.
>>
>>14609087
>>14608984
Reading is hard, I know. But you're trying and that's what's important.
>>
>>14609101

Maybe you'll understand reply chains once you've been here a full month.
>>
>>14608815
It's just the same mindset at the root of all extremism. Or underage American logic.
Horseshoe theory is not a meme. AntiSJWs became just as unbearable as SJWs.
Both sides hate each other because in them they see everything they hate about themselves but are too stupid or arrogant to want to deal with - so they project and attack their "enemies" instead. They don't even attack their enemies, they attack an imagined version of their enemies that exist as a huge group that can represent anything they dislike.
You can't risk actually engaging 1 on 1 because they might actually turn out to be reasonable, and neither side is prepared to deal with that outcome. Plus they risk being considered a traitor to their allies, who aren't even their friends. So they never actually engage with their enemies at all but obsess and talk about them constantly.
>>
>>14608984
>>14609032
>>14609040
>>14609062
Makes sense to me. Post another meme, maybe that will work.
>>
>>14608317
>>14608365
>Clearly my ignorance of the medium indicates that my opinion is of a higher caliber.
>>
>>14609169
>he's still mad that the idea that children can enjoy marvel comics as well as adults
>>
>>14609140

TL:DR why are anti-SJWs so fucking omnipresent?
>>
>>14609169

Didn't Silk fail already, like most of their pandering heroes? Is Thor still a woman?
>>
>>14603766
>Titans = sjws
>Neo Zeon = /pol/shit
>AEUG = innocent /m/en who just wanted to discuss some doozy robots
>>
i'm glad this thread descended into trumpchumps and assorted other idiots bickering with each other in record time
>>
>>14609509

We're going to clone a Puru, and Earth is going to pay for it.
>>
>>14609011
JK Rowling, when she made Dumbledore gay after the fact to appeal to people who want that to be true despite there being no precedent for it in the story?
>>
>>14609621
It's just a bit more lolwut in MTG where lore for characters can total maybe one or two stories if you're not part of the regular cast, so bad writing and last minute OH YEAH THEY'RE TOTALLY THIS UNDERREPRESENTED MINORITY from people contracted to write stories but aren't necessarily the creators of the characters they use tends to be really hard to ignore, whereas with a long runner such as Potter you can sorta accept it as fringe lore from the principle creator.

It's still bullshit either way, if it's relevant enough to make canon in twitter-lore, it should be part of the source lore, otherwise it makes you look like a hack writer crutching on readers who read in too deep.
>>
>>14608966
I don't mind that. I mind you bitching about it.
>>
>>14608260
Never forget that there was a time when Batgirl was made paraplegic and a learning disabled Chinese girl took over her job, and they were both great because it wasn't up its own ass about representation or being lauded by intolerable people.
>>
>>14608925
Wait that is an odd 0.

What the fuck? Why is this a planeswalker? What is her use?
>>
>>14609704
Conspiracy is a draft evironment full of crazy multiplayer politicking.
>>
>>14609712
Oh yeah now I remember a previous set like that.

Oh well I still have my nice new zombie deck and a nice new clue deck. I fucking love Tamiyo and her journal with my clue deck.
>>
>>14609721
Maybe when Dragons rotates out I'll see about getting into Standard again, I really dig the hyper attrition format right now.

But then again I'm broke as fuck and need to get my money's worth out of Faeries in Modern.

But still the format looks hella cool, even with the near-Hearthstone levels of "can't interact at instant speed" going on right now.

Also Zombies has literally build your own Phyrexian Arena - the 1cmc weenie.
>>
>>14609730

Oh yeah I have not gotten into Standard or Commander yet. I plan on it but I will stick to Modern a bit.

Mostly because I got really lucky with an Eldritch Moon and Innistrad fat packs so I could another. Thank god for store credit.
>>
>>14609704
When you use the 0 and she returns to play her loyalty counters reset back to 5, so you use the -1/-2 once or twice then exile her for a turn
>>
>>14609839
Ah yeah I can see that, if you can keep her alive.
>>
>>14609466

It wasn't marketed well so it had average sales. Most marvel writers know they have six issues to do an arc before it's over.
>>
>>14610002

And yes fem Thor is being pushed since Marvel doesn't want to admit she failed. A book gets relaunched six times like Captain Marvel, and it becomes hilarious.
>>
>>14609680

Do people care about the lore at all?
>>
>>14610043
Magic lore is serious business anon.

From card flavortext to the weekly story serial, it's all serious business.

People don't take kindly to when the story is fucked over.
>>
>>14610043
As someone who kinda dabbles in the Magic lore its kinda cool.
>>
File: SYMBIOTES.png (41KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
SYMBIOTES.png
41KB, 640x400px
>>14608139
>cosmic cube
>unlimited potential uses
>inexhaustible source of power
>really, really slippery
>>
File: McDonaldland_1986.jpg (336KB, 2048x1229px) Image search: [Google]
McDonaldland_1986.jpg
336KB, 2048x1229px
>>14608492
For serious. It's a shame they're such tie-in shills these days they won't bother with any originality. Remember when they did the dress-up nugget toys? Or the halloween pails?
>>
File: The_Professor.png (152KB, 284x302px) Image search: [Google]
The_Professor.png
152KB, 284x302px
>>14603766
MEET THE PROFESSOR
HE'S A WACKY ONE
>>
>>14610367
SAOTOME HAKASE?!
>>
File: dead is better.jpg (19KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
dead is better.jpg
19KB, 400x226px
>>14608778
Spider-Gwen is utter dead.
All Gwens since the 70's have been shit.
>>
>>14605946
Everybody is saying that it's not, but honestly I think the joke is on them. Just look at it, your first thought was that it's a joke and that was my thought too. How can it not be? Mark my words, the writer is having a laugh at both the people who get angry and the people who get 'the message' both.
>>
>>14608004
She's alive again now. You know comics.
War Machine will be dead for a few years though.
>>
>>14607986
Talk about proving his point
>>
>>14609621
You faggots cry about gay characters acting gay and "never shutting up about it" and "shoving it in your face" so why complain about it when it's not like that at all?
>>
>>14609688
>Never forget that there was a time when Batgirl was made paraplegic and a learning disabled Chinese girl took over her job, and hordes of retards didn't make hundreds of threads crying about it being proof that cultural marxists are trying to commit white genocide and western civilization is doomed
ftfy
>>
>>14609621
Not everyone makes their sexuality known, Anon.
>>
>>14610463

Gwen was a boring slut too.
>>
>>14610367

Who are have those people? Is this that Berenstein effect going on again?
>>
>>14609509
Do you think they coulda pulled it off and have it be 80s weird or would it just be 80s trash.

Also is Task Force Alpha (or at least the S Gundam and ALICE) part of the AEUG?
>>
>>14610830

All of those things are true though.
>>
>>14611268
Sure, if you're a terrified, paranoid, beta American retard
>>
>>14610841
>Not everyone makes their sexuality known, Anon.

She also said Hermione totally could be black.
>>
>>14611452
so?
>>
>>14611473
So waah waah something something muh waifu can't be black reeee
>>
>>14610827
Because in both scenarios the matter has zero bearing on the narrative or the quality of it and both are done for no reason other than to score praise from liberal talking heads who equate diversity with quality, and praise from them means sales. In the world of fiction, every single detail about every single entity is 110% artificial and exists to fulfill a purpose. If Bob is gay but his story would have gone exactly the same where he not, what was even the point of making him gay?
>>
in Dumbledore's case wasn't there originally going to be some throwaway lines about an old girlfriend in one of the earlier movies that JK nixed without getting into why, then years later explained the buttpiracy?
>>
>>14611598
Apparently because him and Gellert Grindlewald were butt buddies.
>>
>>14611593
So Dumbledore shouldn't be gay unless there's a few scenes of him fucking dudes.

Got it.
>>
>>14611593
Depends on if it succeeds at developing the character by establishing an alternate context with which to evaluate the character's actions.

It's not limited to characterization aimed towards inclusiveness, it's the nature of any narrative-altering revelation in a story; the pathing stays the same, but an extra detail can completely change how it's understood.

So yeah here's where the issue of making it part of the actual story vs confirming it outside of the story comes into play. A story can change easily with the addition of even a single detail, so what's the difference between that detail being part of the natural narrative and being added in post? Well, I'm one to believe that it's really poor form to do it after the fact, as once the reader gets to interact with the author I feel that you cannot guarantee the integrity of the spirit of the literature.

I value an author's intent highly, but I feel there is no way to guarantee the author's intent past the first publication of a work; beyond that lies more the community's intent, the interaction between creator and consumer. Simply put, if a character is gay, and you need to confirm it after the fact, you should've found a way to organically integrate it with the narrative in the first place instead of hoping some reader "gets it." That, or divorce authorial intent from the work entirely, and tell the reader it's up to them to determine who's fucking who between the lines.
>>
File: 1385840703335.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1385840703335.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>14611621
>the only way homosexuality can affect a narrative is if a character fucks dudes
Epic, simply epic. Do you write for Bioware?
>>
>>14611652
Well then what the fuck do you want?
You don't want gay characters to be in anything unless their homosexuality "matters" or moves the plot forward or plays a role in their narrative. But you also don't want the character to mention being gay or take part in homosexual encounters because that would be "Bioware" writing.

So how the fuck do you put this across that pleases you and doesn't make you and thousands of other retards cry about liberal pandering?
>>
>>14611315

There is no country better than America, vassal.
>>
>>14611593
>>14611495

Also, it's weird, because Hermione's entire character is that she's a witch that comes from the most boring middle class British family in the world.

Not that she couldn't be black and that, but it's weird. Any other character would work better than her as black.
>>
>>14611708
>Any other character would work better than her as black.
I think the only description she gets in the books is like "frumpy but she can straighten her hair". Which doesn't really disagree with black
>>
>>14611708
In England you can be black and from a boring middle class British family.
I think most of the people who can't imagine Hermoine as black are Americans who think a black Hermoine would have to act STREET or REAL or GANGSTA or whatever.
>>
>>14611473
It's a retcon since she was previously described as having a white face in the books.

I'm okay with casting a black chick to play her in the play, it's just the doubling down bothered people.
>>
This thread gave me AIDS
>>
>>14611737
only thing she would know about busting caps is if somebody's tooth cover broke
>>
File: jkr_gary.jpg (107KB, 650x657px) Image search: [Google]
jkr_gary.jpg
107KB, 650x657px
>>14611729

But Rowling also notes when people are black and Indian constantly, though.

Also, there's concept art that doesn't make her black.
>>
Its been two days in a goddamn Doozybots thread, what the fuck
>>
>>14611674
>You don't want gay characters to be in anything unless their homosexuality "matters"
Yes. No matter ho hard you try to misrepresent this statement, you've done nothing to actually prove it wrong.
>>
>>14611814
If you're so right then why not actually answer the question that post brings up?
>>
>>14611825
Because I never said I don't want characters saying they're gay or partaking in homosexual activities.
>>
>>14611452
I don't know.
If Hermione was suddenly changed to be black in every sort of canon, yeah, I can see the outrage.

But for the play? Who fucking cares, it's a stage play. It's literally the purest form of "Get whoever we can for the part, as long as they can do the part"
I mean shit, the guy playing Ron in it doesn't even have red hair!
>>
>>14611834
>"Get whoever we can for the part, as long as they can do the part"
Who else auditioned though?
>>
>>14611829
So then tell us how you want characters to be gay in media in a way that contributes to their character or the plot in a way that isn't just scoring liberal brownie points
>>
>>14611834
>I mean shit, the guy playing Ron in it doesn't even have red hair!
that's really more of an issue, since him being a filthy broke ginger from a gaggle of uncontrolled breeding like all his kind is a big part of the story
>>
>>14611841
Get the best person for the part, he means. Brits do blind auditions, or so I've heard.
>>
>>14611844

Not him

You write a good character who happens to be gay. Who has a personality other than being gay.
>>
>>14611907
Like Dumbledore?
>>
>>14611870

How does that even work with actors? You don't tell them what part they are playing?
>>
>>14611908

If Dumbledore being gay had been written into a book in a sensible way, and not yelled out 2 years later on twitter, that would have been okay.

But a lot of Rowling's characterization got super lazy later on.
>>
>>14611841
You're not alluding to the idea that she's a diversity hire, are you?
>>
>>14611916

Well, what's the word for it, Lana? You freaked out when I said 'quadroon.'
>>
>>14611908
Dumbledore's story would have actually worked fine had they just said that he was in fact gay within the story itself. It would have made sense and added a new layer to his relationship with Grindlewald. All the framework was there, but it was left ambiguous. Withholding this was an asinine move.
>>
File: little.jpg (152KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
little.jpg
152KB, 1600x1060px
>>14611844
>>14611907
>>
>>14611925
Oh so the problem is it was ambiguous instead of outright stated. Yeah that's shitty writing!
>>
>>14608014
>an anti-Thanos missile goes off
>everything within a 10km radius still exists

Bullshit.
>>
>>14611953
everything within a 10km radius isn't made out of Thanos, dum-dum
>>
File: sentryheykids.jpg (166KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
sentryheykids.jpg
166KB, 600x578px
>>14608193
>>
>>14608358
Sometimes 20-30 year olds are kids too, just look at this board.
>>
>>14608483
>Ghost hits the Ghostbusters hard, Wheelchair guy gets knocked over
>"Oh my gosh, are you okay!?"
>"I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!"
>>
>>14611976
yeah shlocky gore is pretty much for kids
just like Roid Man there
>>
>>14609621
I wonder if Rowling would have caused a bigger or smaller shit storm if she said that Dumbledore was black or Hispanic or whatever else instead of gay on twitter? Far as I know they never mention his skin color in the books, they just say he's old.
>>
>>14610246
Power is a hard thing to hold onto.
>>
>>14611762
And then there's that part in, I think, the fourth book that goes on about her tanning over the summer and being so dark Harry didn't recognize her at first.
>>
>>14611834
>Ron in it doesn't even have red hair

I'm surprised they didn't at least spray the actor's hair with something. I mean it's not like people throw a fit over people dying their hair and saying that shit's offensive. So why not do it?
>>
>>14611925
>Withholding this was an asinine move.

I stopped reading the books after Chamber of Secrets, when the third book came out I was at that dumb age where I didn't wanna do "kiddy stuff" like read books around wizards any more.

What book was Grindlewald introduced in and when was it released? If Rowling had Dumbledore being gay in mind back when she was writing that book maybe she withheld that because that kind of stuff was just not as accepted back then, especially in children's literature.
>>
>>14612067
>limey
>tan
nah they just burn
now we're talking serious fantasy
>>
>>14612077
he's a figure from back when Dumble was a hot blooded young wizard
he's in flashbacks and written histories, don't think he's even mentioned until book 7, pretty sure he doesn't really appear in the story in present day
>>
>>14612071

Gingers don't have souls so they can't be on film. Duh
>>
>>14612049

Thanks. That was deep
>>
>>14606096

Kids today don't say they're "bi," they say they're "pansexual." More politically correct that way.
>>
File: 1468706121640.jpg (260KB, 1020x580px) Image search: [Google]
1468706121640.jpg
260KB, 1020x580px
>Doozy Bots thread
>Immediately turns into discussion about /co/ and SJWs with the first 5 posts.
Goddamn it /m/.

Only 2 things. first SJWs are shitty writers, which is why you could create a show with quotas for race, gender or anything and still have it be good. Because the writing was good, the characters aren't defined by their quota characteristic, and it was done in a way that made it acceptable to the older fanbase. (Compare Extreme Ghostbusters and the Reboot that flopped.)

And second to keep this /m/ related.
>>14608279
A New Translation happened which let's the viewer ignore ZZ outright.
>>
>>14613354

Shut up, BK, ANT is not canon if purus showed up in Unicorn.
>>
>>14613490
Films are canon you mean, Unicorn is indisputably part of the TV timeline because of RE:0096.
>>
>>14613354
>(Compare Extreme Ghostbusters and the Reboot that flopped.)

When both are a failure?
>>
File: 1458583391332.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1458583391332.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>14613498
OH BOY

HERE
WE
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>14613509
Extreme failed marginally less and didn't need to scream at strawmen in the process.
>>
>>14613498
Okay hold on, why do you hate ZZ so much? Did Judau take your woman?
>>
>>14613498

So Char never spoke at Dakar on screen and the Gyan doesn't exist? Films are retelling of a series.
>>
File: 1468701289363.png (259KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468701289363.png
259KB, 1198x1200px
>>14613509
It was considered a failure because of being put into bad time slots and the success of most 1980s and 1990s cartoons were decided more on how much merchandise they could sell as opposed to sales of VHS/DVDs after the deregulation in the 1980s occurred and getting caught in the flood of cartoons that didn't care about following the Children's Television Act in the late 1990s.

>>14613523
I hate SEED Destiny, but that's still canon. Your attempt to paint this as a personal driven issue is rendered moot.

>>14613526
Char's speech at Darak isn't necessary since it just means the AEUG beat the Titans while they still had the full backing of the Federation. And the Gyan never made an appearance in any series outside of the original TV series and Build Fighter which are not connected.

In retrospect I see a chance that a particular post retaining to ZZ had a high probability of being made with the intent of having me post here.

Oh well.
>>
>>14613514
This thread is a wild fucking ride.
I can't imagine what OP is feeling.
>>
>>14613562

You're such a egotist you think this thread is about you.
>>
>>14613498
Don't you mean it's part of the OVA timeline because it was originally an OVA? Or are you arguing that only the most recent format counts, even if they're nigh identical?
>>
>>14613575

Welcome to /m/
>>
>>14613594

Wouldn't the second make DYRL more canon than Macross? That's silly
>>
File: 1470744368174.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470744368174.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>expected a thread riffing on Doozybots or other shit

Fucking hell
>>
>>14613650
I hate to break this to you man, but YOU'VE GOT...THE DOOZY BOTS
>>
>>14608755

is this a joke or are you serious because I want to know how hard I should be laughing
>>
>>14614360

Please not that! Not the Doozybots!
>>
>>14603787
HAHA
YOU SHALL NEVER WALK
>>
>>14614599

Not Thunderbolt, Doozybots
>>
File: 1470695732099.jpg (54KB, 437x599px) Image search: [Google]
1470695732099.jpg
54KB, 437x599px
This whole fucking thread is a dance party being MC'd by Kamille in full autism mode.
>>
File: s2426.jpg (420KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
s2426.jpg
420KB, 1000x1383px
>>14608925

Diversity aside, I miss when mtg was a game about wizards fighting each other and sometimes fighting robots, instead of the cool and trendy mid-20s superheroes with vaguely color-themed powers thing we have going on now
>>
>>14613562
>>14613587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU
>>
>>14604897
Wouldn't a Tumblrina one be fat, trans, short colored hair and have a huge pink nose? This is a terrible example, Tumblr is much worse
>>
So making a doozybots thread is actually shitposting general in disguise?
>>
File: 1467103257240.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467103257240.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>14618686
It would be even better if OP was actually Australian.
>>
>>14603766
HD remaster when?
>>
>>14603787
Ableism.
>>
File: Punisher-FrankCastle1.jpg (42KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher-FrankCastle1.jpg
42KB, 300x464px
>>14608193
What about Punisher MAX?
The MAX imprint was made to feature R-Rated content
>>
File: 2-gun-that-shoots-knives.jpg (22KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
2-gun-that-shoots-knives.jpg
22KB, 400x309px
>>14620578
teens that think Edgekill Bloodsquint are still kids
>>
>>14620598
It's strange seeing this without the frank edit.
>>
>>14618686
>in disguise

when has a dbot thread ever not been for sposting?
>>
>>14613633
Macross has no canon remember. Things happened, we just see the Hollywood History version of those events.
>>
>>14614360
SIEG DOOZY
>>
File: CSI-Argama.gif (490KB, 495x323px) Image search: [Google]
CSI-Argama.gif
490KB, 495x323px
>>14620598
>Gun that shoots swords
Now that's what I call... An edge cutter
>>
File: frank.jpg (218KB, 399x328px) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
218KB, 399x328px
>>14623015

Frank it, baby
>>
>>14613594
No, the OVAs, unless they contain information that are contradictory to a series can fit into both the Movie and TV timelines. The only deviation was Unicorn which would have only been apart of the TV timeline due to it referencing ZZ. Of course then they made it into a TV show itself, so the system self corrected.

>>14613633
It all falls under the Robotech Saga.
>>
>>14626275
>timelines

wew lad
>>
>>14611925
When I read Deathly Hallows in 2007, I picked up on the possibility of Dumbledore being gay for Grindlewald, long before Rowling announced it publicly. So it wasn't that ambiguous, you just weren't as smart a reader as me. I also thought Rita Skeeter was implying that Dumbledore had some kind of pederasty thing going on with Harry, which reinforced my questions about Dumbledore's sexuality.
>>
>>14613498

I think we all need to admit that at this point the UC timeline is simply fucked, and leave it at that.
>>
>>14626285

But first we need to talk about parallel universes...
>>
>>14626821

Or ignore bad retcons and pixie dust
>>
>>14609621
That was just because Dumbledore siding with Grindelwald at first makes no sense unless he was homo for him at first or something. It was all she could do to cover an obvious plothole that doesnt fit Dumbledore's usual personality and morals. It was dumb but I went with it because it was kinda necessary. All the shit that came after with bitching about Brexit and black Hermione was too damn far. The worst was pandering to HermoinexHarry shippers. Fuck that. There is nothing more low you can do as an artist.
>>
>>14612091
Yeah he does. Theres some chapter where hes rotting in a prison and finally dies. Other than that its all flashbacks and lazily done 'wizard version of hitler' comparisons
>>
>>14626734
It does no help that Dumbledore's reason for being so fond of harry and tom riddle is because they reminded hin of his ol fuckbuddy Grindelwald
Rita did nothing wrong
>>
>>14604897
That's not someone claiming they invented it, that's someone being happy a certain type of character they wanted is finally appearing in something they view hasn't been done in a long time. Stop twisting shit around to support your gay ass agenda.
>>
>>14628028
>>14604904
>>
>>14628057
Ok that's just them not knowing their shit. It still isn't them acting like they're the ones responsible for it being the first time it's made.
>>
File: 1435736475016.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1435736475016.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>14606096
I refuse to believe this was actually published instead of just being some shitty fan comic on deviant art.
>>
>There will never be a Doozy Bots general.
>>
>>14608799
Nu /m/ isn't just for show!
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.