[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Bokurano_v1_cover_front.jpg (53KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Bokurano_v1_cover_front.jpg
53KB, 300x415px
What was the point of this?
>>
>>14601368
The Futility of Youth.

I don't know
>>
>>14601368
A character study on how different children would react to their imminent doom.
>>
replacing any attempt of writing with death and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGDyyyness in an attempt to being more famous than tomino
>>
How each character see Death.
>>
It's like Ideon, only with a conflict that's set-up more like a weird cosmic game (The rules, the set up, the robots, there's no way all of those organized elements could come to be without some sort of consciousness behind it), you have even less times to really feel the character's plight, and, as said early, the edge is even more extreme.

In a way, I can even see shades of what Madoka's concept in Bokurano. Madoka's set up is less like a game, but I still get similar vibes (also EEEEDGE).
>>
>>14601368
Great, now I have to Uninstall.
>>
This guy just likes drawing manga about children suffering, but then he gets in over his head and can't figure out how to end it.

Happened with Narutaru, and then with Bokurano. What was the point? That the world is shit.
>>
>>14605979
OOOOOOHH EEEEHHH AAAAAAHHH
>>
I thought it was supposed to be a deconstruction of mecha, but really its just from a guy who enjoys suffering and depression. The author also made a suffering version of magical girls if I remember correctly.
>>
It was good until the very, very end, when the stupid 'game' keeps continuing on and you get nothing for winning other than being told 'fuck you'

Anime ending was better; fight me.
>>
Am I the only person who sees this as a story of hope, not suffering? The first five kids have dark story arcs, but after that each character shows their courage, their resolve, and they inspire others to gather around them and honor their plight. Sure, it's a tragic story, but that brings out the strength of most of the characters.

Bokurano is one of my favorite manga, one that leaves me with warm, hopeful feelings. I have a hard time believing this manga only exists for the sake of misery.
>>
>>14605994
That's not even the worst thing he's even written, although it's pretty bleak.
>>
>>14606042
It's a lot more hopeful than his other works, that's for fucking sure.
>>
Guy also wrote a manga about a highschool cyclist who likes cats.
>>
>>14605994

It wasn't of magical girls, it was of pokemon. You're thinking of Madoka which was written by someone else.
>>
I asked myself the same but after reading Narutaru as well I guess he just likes to draw children suffering.
>>
Something about what you would do during your last days or some shit like that.

I dunno, it was really good though.
>>
The Lights in the Sky are Stars.
>>
>>14601368

its one of those show where you just need to watch once, then forget everything about it, because it is pointless.

Well one of the most annoying thing when i watched this that i can still remember vividly until now is that preggo girl who got cheated by her teacher and yet the girl still defending him no matter what.

The show served no other purpose than just pissing me off.
>>
>>14610426
Yeah I don't know what the deal with that was. He got away with everything too.
>>
>>14610413
And now thanks to this thread I downloaded some more scanlated manga by him. Kind of impressive he has such a following. Thought only Narutaru and Bokurano would be scanlated.
>>
I liked how it was made so that all the characters knew they were going to die. Allowed for a lot of interesting character development.
>>
File: 1470539997100.jpg (59KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1470539997100.jpg
59KB, 500x501px
I think this image sums up the point of Bokurano quite thoroughly.
>>
File: kidsmanga.jpg (96KB, 598x570px) Image search: [Google]
kidsmanga.jpg
96KB, 598x570px
It's not Violence Jack.
>>
>>14601368
It was meant to make people feel bad.

That's...pretty much it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.