[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain #01

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Braver.png (509KB, 639x474px) Image search: [Google]
Braver.png
509KB, 639x474px
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=838154

The sequel to Special Rescue Police Winspector begins!

One year after Winspector leaves Japan to work with the International Criminal Police Organization in Paris, Commander Shunsuke Masaki has created a new Super Hi-Tech Rescue Command, codenamed Solbrain, as a replacement.

Learning from the mistakes of the past, Solbrain's new suits are slightly less powerful than Winspector's, but have a longer equip time. Additionally, Solbrain is no longer housed within the Tokyo Metropolitan Police building, and a new high tech arsenal of equipment has been designed to support the crew.

Rookie detective Daiki Nishio, internationally trained by the FBI and selected from candidates all over Japan, leads the team against threats that are too dangerous for normal police officers to handle. Utmost is Solbrain's mission: to prevent crime by saving the hearts and souls of criminals.

On Daiki's first case, an unidentified flying object appears over Tokyo and begins to rain destruction on the city. Solbrain springs into action to identify this mysterious craft and save the city before there's nothing left to save!

Solbrain has some amazingly written episodes. I really think you're going to enjoy this show. Some of the storylines just blew me away.

Q & A:
Q. What's a BothWinder?
A. It's a magnet beam grappling hook. As for the name, it's what they named the toy.

Q. What kind of car is the SolGallop?
A. It's a Toyota Sera. The Sera actually had the gull wing doors in real life. One thing that is not clear early on in the series is that the SolGallop actually changes form like the WinSquad/FireSquad. It's not quite as obvious because it doesn't change color, but when Daiki changes, there's a bubble shaped dome shield that covers the car.

Q. Who's that yellow robot in the opening/ending?
A. SolDozer. You'll see him next episode.

Q. Will we ever see Ryoma, Bikel, and Walter again?
A. Spoilers. ;-)
>>
Been anticipating this ever since you did that last Winspector ep. Thanks a lot, SO, and bump for you!
>>
Neat!
>>
Semi-related, did anyone else play Shatterhand as a kid? That game was the shit.
>>
Thanks for delivering on Solbrain, I've been eagerly anticipating this!
>>
HELP! HELP!
>>
>>14594201
Sweet! Nice to have someone consistent with their release schedules (unlike MegaSlow Empire)
>>
>>14596409
It helps that there's only one cook in the kitchen that can actually afford to do everything by himself.
>>
>>14594201

I'll pick it up when it's finished, but I adored Winspector so I'm sure this'll be another classic.
>>
>Solbrain
pls have my babby, thank you
>>
Any feelings or opinions thusfar on Solbrain? The first episode isn't great in terms of story but it does a good job of showing off the suits, equipment, and abilities. My opinion, anyway.

An interesting thing, Kazuo, the kid in this episode, is the same kid from that episode of Winspector with the giant doom bird. Even has the same name in both shows, but he's a different character.
>>
>>14597108
That bird episode was legendary.
>>
>>14594201
>Learning from the mistakes of the past, Solbrain's new suits are slightly less powerful than Winspector's, but have a longer equip time.
Having not seen Winspector, can someone explain how "being less powerful" and "taking longer to do anything" are advantages?

Did they get stolen a lot? Was there a ton of unnecessary collateral damage?
>>
>>14597221
When I say 'equip time' I mean that they can be equipped longer without risk.

Fire's suit in Winspector had a hard five minute equip time limit before he risked serious injury and even death. Naturally, Ryoma exceeded this numerous times at great risk to himself.

Solbrain's suits are still extremely powerful, but as you'll find out in an upcoming episode, the engineers toyed with the idea of having it have a short equip time but high power and eventually went with a weaker suit with a longer usable time. Winspector's suits were so powerful because the necessity for firefighting fell to them. Solbrain has divided some of the labor. The SS-I and SolDozer handle the firefighting while SolBraver and SolJeanne handle the rescue.
>>
>>14597108
Show itself seems alright, your translation is pretty stellar (sasuga), only flubs are a line or two where the dialogue style got switched with the songs, and the narration at the start (before the op) not being italicized, but those are like super nitty gritty nitpicks, nothing major.
On a note related to the narration though, any idea why they changed narrator? Cause whoever did it for Solbrain doesn't seem to have the same... idk, just something about Winspector's narrator's voice seemed more fitting.
>>
>>14597358
I'll correct those in the batch. Thanks for the head's up. I tend to use left and right arrow keys to time lines and I have occasionally switched the dialogue style before.
>>
>>14597358
And also, I know what you mean about the narrator. They tend to swap it for every show, though, just as a matter of tradition. I think they did it for all the Space Sheriff shows.

The Winspector narrator sounded deep voiced and badass. This guy sounds kind of peppy and nasal.
>>
>>14597603
Nah, Gavan and Sharivan had the same narrator. They changed to Toru Ohira with Shaider though.
>>
>>14597615
>Shaider
Considering how that show is, it's no wonder why they got Ohira on that.

>>14597598
Different anon, but I forgot to mention earlier: How's Agedama coming along?.
>>
>>14597629
I worked on it a little bit last night. It's one of those shows where they love wordplay.
>>
>>14597640
>It's one of those shows where they love wordplay.
On the bright side, at least it isn't a Time Bokan show. Those are notoriously difficult to do.
>>
>>14597722
It's worse than that, it's a parody of a Time Bokan show. :(
>>
File: 1459812981580.jpg (15KB, 280x186px) Image search: [Google]
1459812981580.jpg
15KB, 280x186px
thanks!
>>
>>14597926
Welp, that's not helpful. Still, I'm sure that you will pull it off somehow, so good luck! Have an optimistic Kosuinen.
>>
I did a v2 of Solbrain episode 1 to correct my formatting mistake. Normally I'd say "I'll fix it in the batch" but streaming sites scrape my downloads, so I'd kind of like the first line a potential viewer sees to be a properly formatted line. It was as I said, I used the left and right arrow keys to time a line, and accidentally changed formatting to "Song Lyric".
Link: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=838506
>>
>>14598456
>streaming sites scrape my downloads
I gotta wonder if subbers (not you in particular, any tokusubbers really) put a message at the eyecatch saying something like "IF YOU'D PREFER NOT GETTING SPAMMED WITH MALWARE/ADS/VIRUSES YOU COULD JUST VISIT OUR SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO EASILY YOU MUPPETS", would the streaming sites even notice?
Like, it just really sucks you guys do this for free (and MegaBeast pay for translators, so it double sucks for them), and these hacks make money off of it
>>
>>14598721
I know some anime subbers would do that
>>
>>14598721
They wouldn't give two shits, they'll get clicks regardless.

Hell, there's a whole streaming site for toku that's basically put up a ton of TVN stuff, and they sure don't seem to mind about TVN's disclaimers.
>>
>>14598721
I know that KofukuSub (doing old shojo stuff, but is open to other genres) is prone to having her releases taken down from streaming sites.
>>
So this might seem like a "no shit, Sherlock" question, but do I need to see Winspector first before watching Solbrain?
>>
I haven't even watched Winspector yet, but thanks for this. It's incredibly exciting seeing Metal Heroes getting some much needed subs.
>>
>>14598721
People will watch it regardless. It does chap my ass slightly that there's someone's making ad income off my work, but I really just want people to watch the shows and they are signal boosting for me with their bandwidth. I am rather sad that one of the biggest sites for it blocks Kodi extensions so I can't stream to my Raspberry Pi.
>>
>>14599141
Not really. At some point later the Winspector characters return but there is a very nice clip show episode to recap.
>>
>>14599141
Continuity isn't strong. I'd say it doesn't matter until the crossover episodes.
>>
File: zpsr6hvijw6.gif (2MB, 267x151px) Image search: [Google]
zpsr6hvijw6.gif
2MB, 267x151px
>>14594201
>Super Rescue Solbrain #01
>>
I love the end song. It's stuck in my head.
IMA... TASHIKA NA KONO AI NI (KONO AI NIIIII)
>>
Already loving it. I like how they changed up the roster and put a woman on the team for a balanced group. The ending song is even better then Winspector's somehow as well, but I think Winspector has a slightly better OP.
I hope SolDozer has a great voice.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.