[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what made AGE so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 42535.jpg (51KB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51KB, 225x324px
I'm watching, and it seems pretty standard Gundam... especially post-SEED gundam.

What exactly makes you all hate it so much?
>>
>>14592253
How far are you in?
You see that fuck on the right? The one with the brown hair?

That's when things start going downhill. And when they go downhill, brother, THEY GO DOWN HILL
>>
>>14592253
Memes
>>
>>14592269
I'm still on the age-1

So..is it Gen 3 that gets retarded?
>>
>>14592253
They kind of drop the ball in the third arc. The third protagonist has a "can't we all just get along?" kind of attitude and takes some reckless actions with the intention of stopping the war through good will rather than trying to win it.
The problem is that the show barely makes any effort to show the enemy faction as anything other than insane murderous psychopaths. If you can accept that most of the people on the other side are good, normal people despite the fact that the show presents almost no evidence of this, then Kio's not so bad.
Most of /m/ never let go of the characterization of the Vegans from the first arc and would rather have had the third arc be Grandpa Flit kicking the traitorous Kio's ass and geociding the Vegans.
>>
>>14592313
The first arc had that absolutely retarded portion with the two feuding sides in that colony. Forgot its name.

So it's not like all the fail was confined to the third arc.
>>
The ms designs are really good
>>
>>14592352
>Forgot its name
Fardain.
>>
>>14592287
I heard AGE was terrible, and the worst Gundam series EVER
I started watching AGE, and while things were a bit rushed, I was actually impressed with some of the themes and characters they had going on.

Then they get to Kio, the third protagonist, and it goes down hill quickly. A lot of wonky things had to be written in to make him the protagonist in the first place, he has little to no character at ll, and at a certain point, the plot becomes terrible, and Kio takes the forefront with the typical STOP THE FIGHTING bit as a protagonist, but he's completely ineffectual, gets in the way, and stops fighting against people he doesn't even know personally.

It's a fucking trainwreck. You can save bits and pieces of the cargo, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the writing.
I still like it at the end of the day, but if anyone says they hate it, I wouldn't blame them.
>>
>>14592352
What was the point of that arc? It wasn't just so the Gundumb could get the Titus Arms, cause it got those once it started fighting.
>>
If you can't see the early problems with Fardain I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>14592507
>What was the point of that arc?

The arc did have a purpose.
>Wolf goes and visits his pal at the nearby workshop and gets an actually effective MS.
>The ship gets MS and pilots in the form of the gangs for their assault on the UE base.
>>
File: AGE-FX 1.jpg (511KB, 2000x1196px) Image search: [Google]
AGE-FX 1.jpg
511KB, 2000x1196px
Also, they revealed what the Asemu and Kio looked like from the start, and basically told the viewers who their mothers were going to be.

Also, they removed AGE-FX's mouth. Would've been nice to have another roaring gundam.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.